Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

I said five of their players were Championship quality' date=' you can take Will Buckley out of that aswell as he's gone to Norwich as potential, leaving four of there players with the ability to keep them up in the Championship. The rest aren't anything above League 1 or with any quality to keep Watford from being a League 1 club.

They've finished mid-table this season because of Graham's goal, last season because of the loans of Craig Cathcart, Henri Lansbury and Tom Cleverley along with Graham's 14 goals that season (which is by all means, a good amount).

Gram scored 27 goals in all competitions, and along with Sinclair - is the most in the Championship.[/quote']

Yes, 5, and as you can't have 5.5 players (unless you can't Leon Britton, who is practically half a player, size wise ;)) and took 5 as half.

We're not on about next season, this season you named 5 of Graham's teammates as Championship standard players and still claimed that they had nothing about them. People would argue that other Watford players are Championship quality (Martin Taylor used to play for Brum in the Premier League) so it's hardly like they're a one man team, which is what you're implying.

We're on about the NPC here, not all competitions :rolleyes:

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Did you see his other tweet? He had some less than complimentary words for someone who said something about him leaving.

Yeah I did. Similar thing happened to Rooney the other day, the guy said why are you doing your hair when you've got a face only a mother could love :o

(not surprisingly, he was a Liverpool fan)

Swansea City Recent News

Fact

- Cedric Van Der Gun, Albert Serran, Jamie Grimes and Kerry Morgan released Not bothered, pleased if anything with Van Der Gun's £10k p/w wages off the wage bill. Serran isn't good enough for the Premiership and Grimes and Morgan would do well to find a League 2 club even though i like them both.

- Darren Pratley has confirmed is leaving Swansea after 5 years at the club Yes, it's going to be sad to see him go, but he's a reserve anyway and i believe that Ryan Harley is more than capable of being his replacement.

- Friendly with Real Betis organised

Rumour

- Neil Taylor to Newcastle No buy out clause, so he could well be off for around £2m.

- Ashley Williams to QPR (£2.6m) Jenkins said he's not leaving the club for that sort of amount. Think he told QPR to chuck a 0 on the end of the offer, which i what i love about Huw.

- Steven Caulker to join on loan from Tottenham I'd be delighted, more or less the replacement for the loss of a defender in Albert Serran. Caulker is a quality defender, Bristol City's best player last season and i'd be so pleased if we'd have managed to sign him.

- Marcos Senna in from Villareal Very unlikely. He's out of contract and apparantly he's asking for £27k a week, which is still a big cut from what he was on at Villareal. It would be the biggest signing in the club's history if we got him, but it is very unlikely.

- Ryan Bertrand from Chelsea Although this could well be on loan, Chelsea apparantly only want £1m for him. If we lose Taylor for around the £2m mark, then Bertrand who is younger than Taylor i believe would be an ideal replacement for him.

- Tom Butler to sign a coaching contract He's out of contract as a player, and whilst the club no longer want him as a player his injuries could well force him to retire and instead become a coach. Likeable guy, but he's League 1 quality really. I'd like him as a coach but for the player it would be best for him to rejoin Hartlepool for a couple of seasons beforehand.

At looks like we have a chance of landing Marcos Senna :eek: There's been interest floating about for a week or so, but to be honest i haven't believed a word of it.

Today though, Senna's agent has said that the player isn't bothered about money and that he could well opt to move for Swansea. He's currently out of contract, turning 35 next month but i wouldn't say he is a has-been. Yes, he's not at the La Liga player of the year or EURO 2008 winning ability, but he's certainly good enough to play regular football for possibly any of the bottom half or even more side in the Premiership.

Marcos Senna had a previous conversation by phone with Swansea manager Mr Brendan Rodgers and that made him very proud and honoured with the possible interest of Swansea to have him in the squad for the Premier League.

Marcos is very happy with the possibility and of course keen to play Premier League football, but we want to make very clear that we are right now on preliminary contacts.

But of course Swansea City can be a very attractive option, since Mr Rodgers explained to Marcos his ideas about his team and part of Swansea’s project – which pleased him a lot – and obviously because of the nice and vibrant city of Swansea.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swansea-city-fc/2011/06/11/marcos-senna-opens-door-to-swans-move-91466-28859122/

From his agent: Ely Coimbra

Swansea have apparantly signed Steven Caulker on loan, after over a week of speculation :)

Secures a solid defence for the season, although we will need a left-back if Neil Taylor decides to go :)

http://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/swans-seal-starlet-swoop-1226676.html

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8349/2/swansea-win-race-sign-spurs-star-loan

EDIT: We're now after Sydney Govou :eek: Brendan certainly feels he needs a big European name if we're going to survive, but i wouldn't bring in a big name winger as i'd rather play Dyer and Sinclair to be honest. Defender would suit us best as we don't have too much depth and only one player we can't replace in Ashley Williams unlike on the wings.

Kevin Nolan having medical at West Ham... WHY?

He was one of Newcastles' best players last season and surely an exodus of players will follow him through the exit door including Barton, Enrique and Gutierrez???

Why would you move from a stable club will good players and where he is the captain to the Hammers who have just been relegated?

Makes no sense.

Kevin Nolan having medical at West Ham... WHY?

He was one of Newcastles' best players last season and surely an exodus of players will follow him through the exit door including Barton' date=' Enrique and Gutierrez???

Why would you move from a stable club will good players and where he is the captain to the Hammers who have just been relegated?

Makes no sense.[/quote']

Probably his link with Allardyce from their Bolton days together. Did brilliantly together, getting the club into Europe. They might have been at Newcastle together too, I'm not sure. Nolan's style fits with Allardyce's - big and physical.

Probably his link with Allardyce from their Bolton days together. Did brilliantly together' date=' getting the club into Europe. They might have been at Newcastle together too, I'm not sure. Nolan's style fits with Allardyce's - big and physical.[/quote']

Allardyce had already left when Nolan signed but they did have a long time together at Bolton.

Modric apparently' date=' which is completely understandable if Henderson is worth £20M...[/quote']

Modric isn't English so you can add that to the equasion. The money spent on Carroll, Bent, Henderson, Jones, Smalling and Ashley Young* is ridiculous.

*if the £20m move to Man Utd is correct.