Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

file.php?id=8325&sid=f29e58906841b5e47164dc6073deea5e

There the away travelling times for Swansea this season, i'd be interested to know if anybody has any information on the travelling times for there teams.

Personally i'm so delighted with that information, as normally 4 hours is just an average travelling time for an away game so there's only 3 long distances trips for the season. Already been to Newcastle and Norwich isn't the most appealing anyway :)

EDIT: Sorry for any stretch made :o

Does anyone else think that United should cancel Young deal and not to sign Varne then to go for Modric and Sneijder. I rekon it would take about 26mill for both to leave, United dont need another winger or defender, but two creative midfielders.

Imo United's squad should look like this next season,

GK De Gea

LB Evra

CB Ferdinand

CB Vidic

RB Rafael

DM Fletcher/Carrick

AM Sneijder

AM Modric

AM Nani/Valencia

CF Hernandez

CF Rooney

Does anyone else think that United should cancel Young deal and not to sign Varne then to go for Modric and Sneijder. I rekon it would take about 26mill for both to leave' date=' United dont need another winger or defender, but two creative midfielders.

Imo United's squad should look like this next season,

GK De Gea

LB Evra

CB Ferdinand

CB Vidic

RB Rafael

DM Fletcher/Carrick

AM Sneijder

AM Modric

AM Nani/Valencia

CF Hernandez

CF Rooney[/quote']

No. I think there's little chance of United getting one of them, let alone both of them. The most pressing issues at United are CB and GK, and SAF is addressing those issues, as well as adding another option out wide in Young. There's no way that United will be able to sign a top midfielder on top of all that - the Glazers won't allow it. The only reason they're spending so much as it is is due to the huge amount of money they'll be saving on the wage bill, what with VDS, Hargreaves, Scholes and Neville all leaving the club. You can also bet your life that a few players will be sold to fund the transfers made so far (Brown, O'Shea and Gibson have all been rumoured to be on their way).

Plus, that United it side is so unbalanced and you would never ever see it on the pitch - certainly not if SAF was picking the team.

0,,10354~9743653,00.jpg

Swansea's new kit for the season. It looks good, not sure if it's as good as last season but other merchandise is definatly better. The only thing that makes this kit look a little odd is that line coming off the collar, but i'm not so sure it's that bad as it looks like the likes of Dyer, Williams, Allen and Sinclair can pull it off.

http://www.swanseacity.net/javaImages/25/ad/0' date=',10354~9743653,00.jpg[/img']

Swansea's new kit for the season. It looks good, not sure if it's as good as last season but other merchandise is definatly better. The only thing that makes this kit look a little odd is that line coming off the collar, but i'm not so sure it's that bad as it looks like the likes of Dyer, Williams, Allen and Sinclair can pull it off.

I like it but I agree the Black bit coming off the collar looks a bit out of place but overall it is a nice kit.

http://www.swanseacity.net/javaImages/25/ad/0' date=',10354~9743653,00.jpg[/img']

It's a nice kit to be fair, though the collar in my opinion makes it unique. Teams like Chelsea and Liverpool have the stripes on the arms so the off collar line, I think thats what they've tried to do ;)

It's a nice kit to be fair' date=' though the collar in my opinion makes it unique. Teams like Chelsea and Liverpool have the stripes on the arms so the off collar line, I think thats what they've tried to do ;)[/quote']

I think your right there. This is going to be one of the biggest years in the clubs history, so it will be remembered as the kit of this season. This might also get replicated like the blue away kit was in the 25th season after our final Premiership season. Keeping with that theme the away kit, which hasn't been released yet, is rumored to be orange.

It looks nice, reminds me hell of a lot of the Derby kit though. Not this (or next) years, but just Derby kits in general.

By the way, someone should change the thread title to 'Official Premier League Discussion Thread', or something similar, like the Championship thread has been changed :)

It looks nice' date=' reminds me hell of a lot of the Derby kit though. Not this (or next) years, but just Derby kits in general.

By the way, someone should change the thread title to 'Official Premier League Discussion Thread', or something similar, like the Championship thread has been changed :)[/quote']

Same kit manufacturers i believe, along with us both generally having white and black home kits. But the away kit should look a lot a lot different, as i said it's supposed to be orange.

Swansea City Paper Talk

Dorus De Vries and Angel Rangel yet to sign new deals, with both of their current deals running out in the summer, although both are expected to sign.

Swansea set to bring in Ryan Bertrand on loan

With the imminent exit of Neil Taylor to Newcastle, Swansea are looking to bring in Ryan Bertrand as his replacement. Wolves have been linked with him even today, but at Swansea there's no doubt that he'd get regular football in the Premiership. Chelsea will want that, whilst the links with Brendan Rodgers means this deal is highly likely to go through.

Price: Season-long loan | Likelyhood: 8/10

Swansea set to complete Marcos Senna signing

It seems that Villareal might have offered him a one year contract extension, but it does seem like we have got a very good chance in getting him. His agent seems confident that Senna wants to join the club, whilst he also thinks the club would also be delighted to get him. This could well happen, and shock just about everyone as it is rumored he's now close to areeing personal terms with the club.

Price: Free transfer | Likelyhood: 7/10

Swansea make shock bid for Sydney Govou

We have got plenty of wingers, but Rodgers seems to think we need a big name into the club. If the Senna deal goes through, this definatly wont but if we miss out the signing of Senna then this could well go through. We've made a bid for him, and he's out of contract at Panathaniakos and it's reported that we've offered him a deal.

Price: Free Transfer | Likelyhood: 5/10

Swans trying to bring in Max Gradel

We are in need of a winger, and Max Gradel is a good player, so this is a possibility. They seemed to have very high demands in excess of £3.5 million when Norwich came in for Snodgrass, and if we do go in for Gradel it could be the same situation. Not something i can see happening, but i suppose it's on the cards.

Price: £1.5m | Likelyhood: 4/10

Swansea chasing Polish keeper Gregorz Sandomierski

In the event we do lose Dorus De Vries, i would expect us to sign Gregorz Sandomierski. Chelsea have also put interest in for him, but there's not an awful lot of motive for Chelsea to sign him with them already having Matej Delac long term. He seems absoloutly quality but the price tag is a little offputting.

Price: £3m | Likelyhood: 4/10

Swansea chasing Ronald Vargas

Along with Derby County and Blackburn Rovers, we are reportedly looking to bring in Club Brugge's Ronald Vargas. It does seem unlikely given the fact he rejected a move to Lazio last season, but a move to the best league in the world and regular football does favour any move to Blackburn our ourselves. Is quiet expensive and overall is quiet unrealistic.

Price: £2.6m | Likelyhood: 3/10

Craig Mackail-Smith is wanted by Swansea City

Apparantly we're after Mackail-Smith but i can't see it happening. Having wrapped up the £3.5 million signing of Danny Graham, there's very little chance we'll spend a lot of money on what is bound to be a back-up striker. Added to that Everton, Norwich, QPR and Wigan are also said to be looking to sign him, really can't see this happening.

Price: £3m | Likelyhood: 2/10

have a read of this, I think its the funniest thing i have ever heard in my life.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/weekend-sports-breakfast/blog/2011-06-18/caller-modric-better-fabregas-according-football-manager

They guy says Modric is as good as fabregas because they have simliar stats on Football manager.

The worst part about it is that he's deadly serious.

have a read of this' date=' I think its the funniest thing i have ever heard in my life.

[url']http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/weekend-sports-breakfast/blog/2011-06-18/caller-modric-better-fabregas-according-football-manager[/url]

They guy says Modric is as good as fabregas because they have simliar stats on Football manager.

The worst part about it is that he's deadly serious.

They hadn't heard of Yaya Toure when City signed him :rolleyes: There's an amusing recording of it somewhere...

EDIT: Here:

c5tEL5QJziE

They hadn't heard of Yaya Toure when City signed him :rolleyes: There's an amusing recording of it somewhere...

c5tEL5QJziE

Hahahaha, how do they even get a job on the radio. The man has a point regarding Yaya Toure how can you not know him when he was playing in a brilliant Barcelona team.

c5tEL5QJziE

The first one is pretty cringeworthy to be honest :P Made me want to play some Football Manager though :P

As for that, at the point "You've never heard of Yaya Toure when he won the Champions League twice? No" i'd have put the phone down.

How can he have a job like that and not know who someone like that is, seriously 95% of the people on the forum would have a broader understanding of football then him.

The first one is pretty cringeworthy to be honest :P Made me want to play some Football Manager though :P

As for that' date=' at the point "You've never heard of Yaya Toure when he won the Champions League twice? No" i'd have put the phone down.

How can he have a job like that and not know who someone like that is, seriously 95% of the people on the forum would have a broader understanding of football then him.[/quote']

If only he played SM - the he'd know all sorts of pointless stats about him! I knew very little about world football before I started playing in January - now I know quite a lot. I'm looking forward to beasting fantasy football next season :)

By the way, who's gonna be the best fantasy footballer for Swansea? Dyer? Sinclair

Oh my, Adel Taarabt shows us how silly some footballers are these days:

'I helped QPR win promotion but they will not offer me a better contract. They say I am already on big wages.

'They want me to stay four years on the same terms. But I don't want to sign for four years then after one year I am going to be back in The Championship.

'No disrespect, but if we keep the same players, it will be very difficult to stay in the Premier League when you are playing Man United and Chelsea.'

'I understand that QPR have changed my life. People had almost forgotten me when I joined from Tottenham. But I don't think they are being fair to me.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2005378/Taarabt-sparks-10m-chase-midfielder-reveals-hes-ready-time-QPR.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Yes, obviously it's going to be tough for QPR next season but he's not exactly giving their fans what they want to hear. I hope he leaves English football, his attitude is awful - off and on the pitch, and i'd rather him just flop in Spain or Italy.

I don't blame Taarabt one bit... the man is speaking the truth' date=' and I'd sooner rather than later see him at a top club where he belongs[/quote']

He doesn't belong at a top club, not with his attitude. He owes Warnock for just putting up with him! Warnock's given some brilliant interviews about it :P

He doesn't belong at a top club' date=' not with his attitude. He owes Warnock for just putting up with him! Warnock's given some brilliant interviews about it :P[/quote']

I can sort of see Where Taarabt is coming from. He feels like he's too good for the team, hence his arrogance. He needs to play for a team where he isn't relied upon so much. That would bring him down to earth a bit I believe :P

I can sort of see Where Taarabt is coming from. He feels like he's too good for the team' date=' hence his arrogance. He needs to play for a team where he isn't relied upon so much. That would bring him down to earth a bit I believe :P[/quote']

I don't think being a small fish in a big pond would suit him either. He likes to be the centre of attention :o

And I don't respect him because of the content. It's arrogant, selfish and disrespectful to his teammates. Who cares if it's the truth? You just don't say it.