Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Nothing's wrong with saying but you know Keith will come on and il the whole argument will start again and it will just go in circles

I don't think he's got anything to argue with, the facts are there for all to see and his representatives have admitted in court that he earned his fortune through corruption.

He might not like the facts, but nobody can argue with them. It's not a matter of opinion.

---

As for Lukaku, of course Everton is seen as a stepping stone to him. You could count the number of footballers who don't see their clubs as a stepping stone to bigger things in the Premier League on one hand.

Perhaps Leon Britton aside, every one of our players will be looking at our club as a chance to be successful in the Premier League and earn a move to a big club.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's simply the motivation of players like Lukaku to have the most successful career they can.

I don't think he's got anything to argue with' date=' the facts are there for all to see and his representatives have admitted in court that he earned his fortune through corruption.

He might not like the facts, but nobody can argue with them. It's not a matter of opinion.

---

As for Lukaku, of course Everton is seen as a stepping stone to him. You could count the number of footballers who don't see their clubs as a stepping stone to bigger things in the Premier League on one hand.

Perhaps Leon Britton aside, every one of our players will be looking at our club as a chance to be successful in the Premier League and earn a move to a big club.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's simply the motivation of players like Lukaku to have the most successful career they can.[/quote']

Ha alot of people and worse people are corrupt on this planet.Not sure why you are just picking out Roman,look at the Sheiks.... Not really too sure what your point is..

As for Lukaku,well he would want to sort out his attitude because he is a long way off being a first team striker at a bigger team.

Ha alot of people and worse people are corrupt on this planet.Not sure why you are just picking out Roman' date='look at the Sheiks.... Not really too sure what your point is..[/quote']

That doesn't make it acceptable.

My point is that Abramovich is corrupt, and that all of your success has come off the back of corrupt money. It's not really a point you can argue with. This has heavily been overlooked by the media, largely controlled by Rupert Murdoch (owner of Sky), who have benefited from this corrupt money.

That doesn't make it acceptable.

My point is that Abramovich is corrupt' date=' and that all of your success has come off the back of corrupt money. It's not really a point you can argue with. This has heavily been overlooked by the media, largely controlled by Rupert Murdoch (owner of Sky), who have benefited from this corrupt money.[/quote']

To be fair I don't really care but it cannot be proven..

Anyone see Nasri's interview with French TV? he basically slags everyone off' date='yet he is a top example of the primma-donna. :D[/quote']

Yeah, i will like to see him talk like that at the end of the season, when Chelsea wins PL and they get their asses whooped by Barça, which i hope not.

Show me a globally successful businessman who's completely clean

Everyone lies, everyone cheats, and there no virgins when big money is at play.

Zeljko Ivic alleged that Banco BTG Pactual SA, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Esteves and Huw Jenkins, a managing partner, made fraudulent misrepresentations to get him to sign agreements with the investment bank, according to a lawsuit filed with the Hong Kong High Court.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-05-15/btg-billionaire-esteves-sued-in-hong-kong-by-ex-employee

Huw Jenkins (born 9 March 1963[1]) is a Welsh businessman principally known for being chairman of football club Swansea, currently playing in the Premier League.

Now Abramovitch is in a different category (guy came up during the Russian aluminum wars for god sakes, when competitors were getting murdered every three days), but doesn't that just prove the argument that the richer you are, the more corrupt you had to be to get to where you are?

To be fair I don't really care but it cannot be proven..

It's been proven' date=' Abramohvic's representatives have admitted it.

Everyone lies, everyone cheats, and there no virgins when big money is at play.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-05-15/btg-billionaire-esteves-sued-in-hong-kong-by-ex-employee

Now Abramovitch is in a different category (guy came up during the Russian aluminum wars for god sakes, when competitors were getting murdered every three days), but doesn't that just prove the argument that the richer you are, the more corrupt you had to be to get to where you are?

Huw Jenkins is far from an uncommon Welsh name, and Huw Jenkins has no previous experience working in investment banks in Hong Kong. He owned a local construction firm that went bust.

To suggest every businessmen lies and cheats is just plain wrong, you've been watching too many films. Just because some others may be guilty of it, doesn't excuse Abramovich. Corruption shouldn't be deemed as acceptable and isn't in this country.

That argument holds no grounds. There's plenty of billionaires who've earned their money through things like creativity and entrepreneurship.

It's been proven' date=' Abramohvic's representatives have admitted it.

Huw Jenkins is far from an uncommon Welsh name, and Huw Jenkins has no previous experience working in investment banks in Hong Kong. He owned a local construction firm that went bust.

To suggest every businessmen lies and cheats is just plain wrong, you've been watching too many films. Just because some others may be guilty of it, doesn't excuse Abramovich. Corruption shouldn't be deemed as acceptable and isn't in this country.

That argument holds no grounds. There's plenty of billionaires who've earned their money through things like creativity and entrepreneurship.[/quote']

Pointless discussion to be fair..

You sum up Chelsea fans in a nut shell. Good representation.

Well I have supported Chelsea for a long time,including the unsuccessful years and successful years before Roman came in.We had a pretty decent squad for years before Roman came in,some seem to think we are only better than their clubs when Roman came in,but we were better than most teams in the league for about 7 seasons before that,barring Man U and Arsenal,we often traded places with Leeds and Liverpool,Spurs were nowhere to be seen.;)

Everyone lies' date=' everyone cheats, and there no virgins when big money is at play.

[url']http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-05-15/btg-billionaire-esteves-sued-in-hong-kong-by-ex-employee[/url]

They are two completely different people. If you read the article you can find that out.

Obviously there is a lot of corruption in the business world and many successful business people more than likely have cheated there way to more money/power.

I don't think you can tar everyone with the same brush though, there are still lots of successful business people that have done it through hard work.

Everyone lies' date=' everyone cheats, and there no virgins when big money is at play.

[url']http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-05-15/btg-billionaire-esteves-sued-in-hong-kong-by-ex-employee[/url]

Bill Gates? Warren Buffet? Larry Ellison? Elon Musk? Mark Zuckerberg? Steve Ballmer?

All billionaires who haven't lied and cheated...

The list goes on and on...

Well I have supported Chelsea for a long time' date='including the unsuccessful years and successful years before Roman came in.We had a pretty decent squad for years before Roman came in,some seem to think we are only better than their clubs when Roman came in,but we were better than most teams in the league for about 7 seasons before that,barring Man U and Arsenal,we often traded places with Leeds and Liverpool,Spurs were nowhere to be seen.;)[/quote']

I severely doubt all that guff if you don't even know that Tottenham are your one and only rival.

I severely doubt all that guff if you don't even know that Tottenham are your one and only rival.

Doubt what you like I am 32,supported Chelsea since I was 5,all my uncles support Chelsea,so don't question that.Spurs our one and only rival? That is not true at all.

Went to my first Chelsea game when I was 18,1-1 with Boro.Poyet scored for us that day and Ambrosetti had his only good game for us.

Have you not been the one discussing refereeing decisions that have been and gone for the last couple of months?

Of course you don't like the discussion' date=' you can't argue against a pretty damning point about your club.[/quote']

You are going on and on and brought the topic up out of thin air. Point taken...

What do you want me to say? :D

I didn't bring it up' date=' Tony did. Your initial post suggested you might have something to say or argue about it, but I guess you haven't got anything.[/quote']

Oh ya it was Tony sorry,but he did bring it up out of thin air,not really sure what his point was..

I do know a lot of people who hated Chelsea before Roman came in,but they use Roman as an excuse to hate us.I don't mind I don't judge a person whether they hate my club or not.My best friend hates Chelsea. :D

Pointless discussion to be fair..

Ah the standard response' date=' it's always a pointless discussion when anybody says anything that ain't pro Chelsea

It baffles you don't it, he didn't even know (allegedly) what Hillsbrough was :o

Still as bad as it is it could have been worse at least he didn't support Tottenham then start supporting Chelsea when they started winning things...

Oh ya it was Tony sorry' date='but he did bring it up out of thin air,not really sure what his point was..

I do know a lot of people who hated Chelsea before Roman came in,but they use Roman as an excuse to hate us.I don't mind I don't judge a person whether they hate my club or not.My best friend hates Chelsea. :D[/quote']

They don't use it as an excuse to hate you, it's a reason they could dislike you. It's a valid one, I can see why a lot of neutral supporters don't want corruption involved in our game.

I'm not surprised your best mate hates Chelsea if he's having to put up with you all the time :P