Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

How can you like or respect Taarabt's attitude? He's had a go at his club and all of his team-mates aswell as looking for more money. It seems he's happy to stay at the club, if they start offering him a huge wage increase and aswell as being silly off the pitch he's a complete moaner on the pitch.

Frozen, what would you feel if Fabregas said a similar thing about Arsenal? Jack, what would you say if Modric said a similar thing about Tottenham? MiddlesbroughFC what would you feel if one of your key players like Joe Bennett or Scott McDonald said something similar?

I really feel for QPR fans after there promotion. There yet to sign anyway, i can't see Taarabt staying after this and there paying something like £60 a ticket now to get into Loftus Road.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

My favourite thing with Taarabt was when he stormed out of the Morocco camp after being told he wasn't going to start against Algeria but then Morocco won 4-0 and it backfired on him. I want to see how he is going to manage being targeted by opposition players who will rough him up most of the time.

My favourite thing with Taarabt was when he stormed out of the Morocco camp after being told he wasn't going to start against Algeria but then Morocco won 4-0 and it backfired on him. I want to see how he is going to manage being targeted by opposition players who will rough him up most of the time.

Taarabt? Robbie Savage let him out of his pocket then?

How can you like or respect Taarabt's attitude? He's had a go at his club and all of his team-mates aswell as looking for more money. It seems he's happy to stay at the club' date=' if they start offering him a huge wage increase and aswell as being silly off the pitch he's a complete moaner on the pitch.[/quote']

indeed - ffs the guy hasnt proven a thing at the PL level yet and is acting like a big star

Today's developing stories at Swansea

Dorus de Vries could be set for Swansea City exit - Wales Online

It looks like De Vries could well be leaving Swansea, there's supposed to be offers from the likes of Wolves in the Premiership and Feyenoord from Holland. A move to Feyenoord would boost his chances of getting in the Dutch team aswell as going back home whilst a move to Wolves wouldn't be much of a step up anyway. Overall dissapointed in Dorus for thinking of moving on, we've took him from a lower SPL side in Dunfermline and taken him to the Premiership in just 4 years, but he seems to be more concerned about money.

If he leaves i won't be bothered aslong as we can bring in Grzegorz Sandomierski from Poland. Great keeper, only 21 and capped 3 times for his country. I'd prefer us to get him and lose Dorus, but it won't be easy with him being linked with plenty of clubs and expected to cost at least £2 million.

Swans fail with Lita bid - Sky Sports News

Well it was worth making a bid for him anyway. I'd have liked him as a squad player, but Middlesbrough want in excess of £1 million so they can forget it really. I'd have been happy with a signing around £750,000 for a squad player like him, but we will beable to bring in a forward of his ability either on a free transfer or on the cheap from abroad.

Since the last post on this thread, we've lost Dorus De Vries to Wolves and it look increasingly likely that Neil Taylor will leave to join Newcastle sometime during the weekend. Since then we've apparantly made a huge bid for Leroy Lita, and if we end up paying in excess of £2 million for Lita i'd be so dissapointed, pure waste of money if that's the case. In terms of the goalkeeper replacement there's been two names heavily linked: Sandomierski and Loach. Sandomierski the prefered option at £3 million but Loach wouldn't be bad, but would cost us £1.7 million. It seems the main priority at the moment is bringing in a keeper, above securing Caulker, signing a left-back, signing a big name midfielder or signing a back-up forward.

I'm a keen away fan, and with it being the Premier League the interest for tickets is a lot higher at Swansea. As a result plans for an away season ticket will go through, with details released next week and i'll be looking to get an away season ticket, i'll be devastated if i don't get one. But it's very likely that i will beable to get one, depends on how many there are i suppose.

As for away venues, i'd like other Prem fans to state there priorities but here's my personal priority of the 19 away grounds:

1. Anfield
  2. Old Trafford
  3. Goodison Park
  4. White Harte Lane
  5. The Emirates Stadium
  6. Stamford Bridge
  7. Villa Park
  8. Stadium of Light
  9. St. James's Park
  10. The Hawthorns
  11. Molineux
  12. The Brittania Stadium
  13. Reebok Stadium
  14. Craven Cottage
  15. Ewood Park
  16. DW Stadium
  17. Carrow Road
  18. Loftus Road
  19. City of Manchester Stadium

Been to: City of Manchester Stadium, Anfield, St. James's Park, DW Stadium

Away for: City of Manchester Stadium

I find it amusing how you can judge stadiums despite having visited only four out of 19.

How is he judging them Liam ? lol.

He is saying which ones are his priority to go to ? considering the distance between Swansea and Newcastle your lucky to be out of the relegation zone :P

I find it amusing how you can judge stadiums despite having visited only four out of 19.

Can i not say which ground's i'm most looking forward to? If i had been to the ground, then it works against me wanting to go to that - over a ground i haven't been to anyway :confused:

It's nothing to do with ranking the grounds, factors also included are distance and having been there before or not. St James's without traffic would take me 7 hours, been there already and it was great (up with the top away trips, even though we got badly beaten) - but it's just too far to go twice in three years :P

Generally though there all really short away trips though, and if i can get an away season ticket i might beable to just go up and back on buses with some mates. Can't wait untill 2012/2013 season though, whatever divison where in, as i'll beable to go up and back on the buses on my own or with my brother :D

Can i not say which ground's i'm most looking forward to? If i had been to the ground' date=' then it works against me wanting to go to that - over a ground i haven't been to anyway :confused:

It's nothing to do with ranking the grounds, factors also included are distance and having been there before or not. St James's without traffic would take me 7 hours, been there already and it was great (up with the top away trips, even though we got badly beaten) - but it's just too far to go twice in three years :P

Generally though there all really short away trips though, and if i can get an away season ticket i might beable to just go up and back on buses with some mates. Can't wait untill 2012/2013 season though, whatever divison where in, as i'll beable to go up and back on the buses on my own or with my brother :D[/quote']

I have already said I have gone crazy and I don't know why I thought what I did. Please ignore my post and carry on as normal. :P

Ipswich want Swansea to put under Transfer Embargo

Got to say i'm laughing in stitches over this. They want us to be put under a transfer embargo over a technicality. Ipswich could be in the wrong for claiming that we owe them money anyway, in reality it's not even related to signing players so it can't result in a transfer embargo.

I think we can sort this out by paying Tamas Priskin 5 weeks wages in reality, and Ipswich are being so pathetic about it:

"As a result of Swansea refusing to pay our invoices, I have reported them to the Premier League, sought an immediate transfer embargo and am now seeking full payment of all outstanding sums with the agreed contractual interest rate of 5 per cent above base."

I think it would be better to sort this out by giving Ipswich £50,000 or whatever it is. But then again, we could also put Ipswich a transfer embargo for oweing Swansea two tins of paint. B):P

You're laughing in stitches because you refused to pay a club like £50' date='000 and they now want you punished for it? Doesn't seem like a laughing matter to me...

You don't sound like you understand what the actual issue is, and have demonstrated incredible naivety for posting like this. Do you realise that your club has broken a legally binding contract? It's hardly a technicality, and Ipswich have every right to want a transfer embargo placed upon you. You owe them money, therefore they think that you shouldn't be able to buy or sell anyone until you've paid them back, which makes perfect sense.[/quote']

You don't seem like you understand the issue, simply due to Ipswich's side of things - letting the media know before we knew.

• Priskin left the club in April, meaning why should we pay the wages of a player who wasn't even with us.
  • If it was in the contract, it would no longer be in the contract when he returned to Ipswich. As the contract is then terminated, if they wanted us to pay the wages for the 5 weeks then he should have remained a Swansea player
  • Swansea weren't aware that Ipswich felt money should be owed to them, untill after they had reported us to the Premier League and reported it to the media.
  • Talks will be held next week with Ipswich where any money will be paid, and no transfer embargo will be placed.
  • The laughability of things, is that this isn't even an offence that would require a transfer embargo, as far as i'm aware.

You don't seem like you understand the issue' date=' simply due to Ipswich's side of things - letting the media know before we knew.

[list']

[*]Priskin left the club in April, meaning why should we pay the wages of a player who wasn't even with us.

[*]If it was in the contract, it would no longer be in the contract when he returned to Ipswich. As the contract is then terminated, if they wanted us to pay the wages for the 5 weeks then he should have remained a Swansea player

[*]Swansea weren't aware that Ipswich felt money should be owed to them, untill after they had reported us to the Premier League and reported it to the media.

[*]Talks will be held next week with Ipswich where any money will be paid, and no transfer embargo will be placed.

[*]The laughability of things, is that this isn't even an offence that would require a transfer embargo, as far as i'm aware.

Sorry, I deleted my post as I thought the discussion was mainly on the Champ thread.

No, what you're misunderstanding is that the contract between the two clubs wasn't actually terminated, therefore Swansea should still have paid his wages. The fact that Priskin returned to Ipswich is irrelevant as Swansea agreed to pay his wages up until the 31st May and also agreed that they'd pay additional fees relating to how far they progressed in the play-offs. You obviously won them so Ipswich feel that they are owed money for that. In my eyes that's a bit picky and greedy as he was injured for the play-offs and, like you said earlier, they're basing that on a technicality in the contract, however the wages is understandable as you agreed to pay them until the end of May.

I'm unsure as to why Swansea didn't know of any issue, surely Ipswich would have made it clear. You refused to pay their invoices apparently, so I'm not sure how or why you would have had no idea that you were involved in any dispute.

Can we keep the discussion on this thread please? :o

PSG have made a £13,500,000 bid for Abdel Taarabt! that's crazy , yes he's a good player but his attitude's got to half that value , he's a big fish in a small pond at QPR it seems he will now become a average fish in a slightly bigger pond now. So much for PSG buying a championship with signings like that. I was expecting Fernando (Porto).

That figure for Taarabt is totally unjustified. He was very good last season, but there was never really a feeling that he was that much better then the likes of Sinclair and co. But if PSG want to overpay by a good £10 million or whatever for somebody who has serious attitude problems and is very poor in his defensive side of the game, then let them. I'll be glad to see the back of Taarabt in the English game, yes he's talented, but he doesn't half shout about it.

Anyway - Swansea City. Signed Caulker on loan for the season, fantastic signing. He's going to be very good for us next season and this is the sort of signing we needed to strengthen the defence. Most likely we'll have this backline as it doesn't look like Taylor will leave at the moment:

Rangel - Williams © - Caulker - Taylor

Darren Pratley joined Bolton today, and i'm glad he did. He's getting in excess of £20k a week, so i'm not suprised he left. He wasn't getting regular Championship football towards the end of last season, and wasn't even being used a sub. He wasn't going to start, and he was very much a reserve for us. Now we're moving up a step and even if we don't sign Senna, we have Ferrie Bodde in the midfield to up the competition a lot.

His exit was confirmed a while ago though and i'm glad he didn't leave for the Championship. He's joining an established Premier League club and he's far from being greedy here unlike De Vries. Wolves will be undoubtedly fighting a similar cause to Swansea, whilst Bolton are another step up. He's been playing here for 5 years and he'll be a player no-one will forget his name anytime soon.

PSG have made a £13' date='500,000 bid for Abdel Taarabt! that's crazy , yes he's a good player but his attitude's got to half that value , he's a big fish in a small pond at QPR it seems he will now become a average fish in a slightly bigger pond now. So much for PSG buying a championship with signings like that. I was expecting Fernando (Porto).[/quote']

Is that of something like caughtoffside?

Is that of something like caughtoffside?

It's pretty well known' date=' on more or less every football news site :rolleyes:

Caulker is a superb signing, won't be long before he's in the England squad. Thought this would be the year he started to play a few games for Spurs, but obviously playing regularly in the Premier League is a good move for him.

Yes he is a great signing for us, David James rated him a lot and he was very good on loan at both Bristol Rovers and Yeovil the season before. He good have got a few starts at Spurs but Redknapp wanted him to be playing regular Premiership football next season and he'll get that at Swansea, a loan move to Swansea is probably the best thing for him and i think he's got the potential to great things at Tottenham and England.

Haven't seen anything about that on the BBC' date=' not even on the gossip section.[/quote']

Was breaking news on skysports about 11 this morning AR2 or whatever your name is , i know when to post a roumer and when not to.