Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Adrian's red card recinded wow handle out of the box and have your red card taken away.....the FA are allover the place this season

Also this:

34xgtc9.png

Which lead to this:

250mkcm.png

In clear view of both officials, is apparently a yellow card. How many times have we seen players sent off for a high boot where minimal contact is made, someone makes a challenge that was genuinely an inch away from possibly blinding or causing serious damage to another players eye - and it's a yellow. The mind boggles.

They don't use it as an excuse to hate you' date=' it's a reason they could dislike you. It's a valid one, I can see why a lot of neutral supporters don't want corruption involved in our game.

I'm not surprised your best mate hates Chelsea if he's having to put up with you all the time :P[/quote']

baaaa :P:D

I'm not that bad,you only know me from football talk :)

Also this:

34xgtc9.png

Which lead to this:

250mkcm.png

In clear view of both officials' date=' is apparently a yellow card. How many times have we seen players sent off for a high boot where minimal contact is made, someone makes a challenge that was genuinely an inch away from possibly blinding or causing serious damage to another players eye - and it's a yellow. The mind boggles.[/quote']

Well thats the point isn't it,yet this incident was barely mentioned in the media..

Ah the standard response' date=' it's always a pointless discussion when anybody says anything that ain't pro Chelsea

It baffles you don't it, he didn't even know (allegedly) what Hillsbrough was :o

Still as bad as it is it could have been worse at least he didn't support Tottenham then start supporting Chelsea when they started winning things...[/quote']

How would you react if people were constantly putting Liverpool down,of course you would defend it. :)

Bill Gates? Warren Buffet? Larry Ellison? Elon Musk? Mark Zuckerberg? Steve Ballmer?

All billionaires who haven't lied and cheated...

The list goes on and on...

Tom you know how naive you sound.

Bill, Warren, Larry, Elon, Steve Jobs I know have cheated for sure. Most of them are flaming ass-holes too, bar maybe Elon. I like him.

Marky and Steve I'd imagine so too.

--

Saying that success in business doesn't require cheating is sheer naivete. What else do you think business acumen is? Knowing when to push, when to spin, and when to blackmail.

To be fair I don't really care but it cannot be proven..

Jokes. There's no doubt Abramovich is a rat and as corrupt as anything going. I'm sure you're gonna suggest that Ivanovic is an amicable, charitable young chap who is a picture of perfection when he's not assaulting people on the football pitch?

Not to mention all the questionable behaviour by your club and it's players down the years

Tom you know how naive you sound.

Bill' date=' Warren, Larry, Elon, Steve Jobs I know have cheated for sure. Most of them are flaming ass-holes too, bar maybe Elon. I like him.

Marky and Steve I'd imagine so too.

--

Saying that success in business doesn't require cheating is sheer naivete. What else do you think business acumen is? Knowing when to push, when to spin, and when to blackmail.[/quote']

I'm far from naive. You give an example of how they cheated. Just one. Bending the rules and breaking the rules are far different things. You tell me how you know any of these methods of cheating are required to get rich. Please enlighten me through your myriad of business experiences and great and wise business acumen you've built up through your years of meeting and personally knowing rich and succesful individuals.

If you're wondering, I have grown up in an environment where business lie, cheat, deceive, steal, and do all those things, and this is the same with my family friends. I know about this stuff.

Also, how in the world is Bill Gates a flaming a-hole. Same with Warren Buffet. They've given billions and billions to charity. They're exactly the kind of rich people that other rich individuals should look up to.

And look how I don't mention Jobs. Jobs we all know cheated and stole ideas. The rest, they seriously didn't.

Just explain how they cheated. Please do.

There are a lot of individuals that have built their fortunes and wealth through honest means, I'm not saying all rich individuals have done so, or even a majority of them have done so. But there are many, many individuals like that.

Any one seen Freddy Adus new job? He's now a night club promoter haha

Ahahah, that's hilarious, but i kind of feel for the guy, he was the next big thing ten years ago, but imo he didn't had the support he needed to make it, i'm not saying he could of been an amazing player or something, but he certainly had some talent in him. I remember him arriving at Benfica and he was just thrown to the wolfs and didn't get a fair chance to show himself, but i remember that when he would come in as as sub he would make a good impact in the game, wasn't afraid to fight to get the ball, dribble a bit and shoot ,even scoring a couple of goals in the 5/10 minutes he would be on the pitch, saving Benfica some more embarrassing results, Mantorras style. Yes he could've been a one trick poney, but that seemed to work at the time.

Anyway, he was already a millionaire before 18, so he must have a dozen millions on his account by now.

Ahahah' date=' that's hilarious, but i kind of feel for the guy, he was the next big thing ten years ago, but imo he didn't had the support he needed to make it, i'm not saying he could of been an amazing player or something, but he certainly had some talent in him. I remember him arriving at Benfica and he was just thrown to the wolfs and didn't get a fair chance to show himself, but i remember that when he would come in as as sub he would make a good impact in the game, wasn't afraid to fight to get the ball, dribble a bit and shoot ,even scoring a couple of goals in the 5/10 minutes he would be on the pitch, saving Benfica some more embarrassing results, Mantorras style. Yes he could've been a one trick poney, but that seemed to work at the time.

Anyway, he was already a millionaire before 18, so he must have a dozen millions on his account by now.[/quote']

For anyone that can remember,Nil Lamptey(spelling) was meant to the biggest player of all time,wonder what happened to him?

For anyone that can remember' date='Nil Lamptey(spelling) was meant to the biggest player of all time,wonder what happened to him?[/quote']

COPIED.

His childhood was not a happy one. He was neglected and horribly abused by both of his parents, resorting to sleeping under cars and in street kiosks at times to avoid being beaten at home. He cannot even remember the name of his school and turned to football as a refuge from his life at home. However, when his father discovered his talent, he showed up to games simply to shout abuse at him.

Even today, he still has scars on his body where his father burned him with cigarettes and lashed him with his belt. He was also beaten by his mother until she left, following a divorce when he was only eight. Soon after, his father remarried, and he was kicked out of the family house and offered the chance to stay with a Muslim football club, on the condition he converted to Islam. He was happy to do so to escape the abuse at home.

At the age of only 14, he played in the U16 World Cup in Scotland and used the small amount of money from this to flee Ghana, moving to Belgium. He told nobody about this until he was already there. However, the Ghanaian FA wanted to build their team around him, and following a youth tournament, the organization confiscated his passport to prevent him from returning to Belgium. To escape, he hid in the back of a taxi, illegally crossing three international borders until he reached Nigeria. While there, he met the agent of the Nigerian captain Stephen Keshi, one of the few people Lamptey ever trusted.

He flew to Belgium on a fake passport, posing as Keshi’s son, but on his arrival, nobody at Anderlecht, where Keshi played, believed it was the real Nii Lamptey. He was sent to train with the older boys as a test, and within moments, they were convinced they had the real thing. He signed a 5-year contract at the age of 16 for the club and made his debut soon after, following a change in the rules by the Belgian FA to allow him to appear at such a young age.

His first two seasons for Anderlecht were excellent, scoring nine goals in 30 appearances, before being transferred to PSV. In his only season there, he notched ten goals in 22 games, leading the scoring charts for the club.

However, his tragic decline had already begun. He could not read or write, or even express himself in English, and he was horrifically exploited by football’s money men. He was tricked into signing an exclusive deal with an Italian agent, Antonio Caliendo, which gave the player’s registration to Caliendo and not Lamptey's club. As a result, it was in Caliendo’s interest to drum up the highest transfer fees possibly for Lamptey, regardless of the effect on his career.

He was sold to Aston Villa the following year, where he was taken in by Ron Atkinson, who even arranged for the signing-on fee to be paid directly to Lamptey and not through Caliendo. Lamptey admitted that his agent hadn’t even told him that there was a signing-on fee. However, after a stunning debut goal, he struggled for the remainder of the season, and when Atkinson left for Coventry, Lamptey followed him there.

More disappointment was to follow for Lamptey in 1996 when he was sent off to Ghana in their semifinal defeat in the African Nations Cup against South Africa. He played in one further friendly match for Ghana after this, but never played again for his country, a fact that still hurts him today. “It was taken from me. It is really, really painful. Sometimes I’ll be in my room and just cry.”

All this seems so long ago, but it really hits home when you consider that he would only have been 33 when Ghana hosted the African Nations Cup in 2008, a tournament in which he may have led his country to victory if things had been different. He admitted that he could not bear to even go to the stadium to watch the games. Rather, he had to watch them alone at home.

In 1997, he moved to Boca Juniors, hoping to follow in the footsteps of his idol, the legendary Diego Maradona. However, due to foreigner rules, he was loaned out to rival Argentinean club Union Santa Fe. Tragedy struck when his son took ill, and the whole family moved to a Buenos Aires hotel to be closer to him.

After almost three months in intensive care, his son passed away. This was a huge personal blow for Lamptey, which was made worse when Ghanaian authorities refused to let him bury his son in Ghana. This episode was sadly mirrored three years later when he lost another child to the same lung disease, whilst playing in Germany.

Thirteen clubs in only 16 years begin to give us an indication of the lack of any form of continuity over the course of his career. When you consider that at the age of 19, he was a World Champion and Golden Ball winner at the 1991 U17 World Cup in Italy, Olympic Bronze medallist in 1992, and a runner-up in the 1993 U20 World Cup, whilst being linked with the likes of Real Madrid. It seems like a tragic waste of potential.

One thing that seems to torture him more than anything is his lack of education. “I have been through hell, through so much pain. If I could write a book about it, it would be something else, I tell you. But how can I do that, when I can’t even write a letter,” he said in a 2008 interview.

He has now set up a junior school in Ghana, which has close links to a local football academy, in an attempt to give the children of Accra the opportunity that he never had. The school currently has over 400 students, and Lamptey has now relinquished his football career to focus on projects such as this. He reconciled with his father shortly before his death, complying with his dying wish to reconvert to Christianity. However, he buried his father alone as his brothers still do not speak to him for marrying a woman from another ethnic group.

This is a truly tragic tale of a vulnerable player so badly exploited by others purely driven by greed. Rarely has a young player shown so much talent, and thus he should have gone on to a career that was reflected by his talents. However, throughout his life and his career, he was betrayed by those closest to him. Tragedy in the death of his two children has scarred him deeply, and his desire for the game of football seems to have dwindled in recent years.

It is important to remember that he is only 35 years old today, an age at which many footballers are still playing at the highest levels. However, his school gives young children a hope for the future, providing the chance that he never had. In his own words, “It all comes to education, that’s why I decided to use my money for this school. This school makes me happy.” And happiness is one thing that has not come easily to Nii Lamptey. We should all be happy that he has found a way to put the demons of his life behind him

So Sherwood the new Villa boss' date=' hmm not sure if he would have been my choice to turn them around and get down to fighting dirty but the best of luck to him, kudos for the quick naming of the manager though.[/quote']

Not a great appointment,but who could they have got who would be interested to be honest!?

Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace....

Went into the game today with absolutely no expectations as my pitiful little side went into the game against the greatest team in the world missing a few of our better players for the mediocre little side we are playing against A Palace side who have been tearing it up worldwide which has seen them reach the heady heights of 13th...

Playing a team of such esteemed recognition with unparalleled levels of success lets not forget they have won division 2 on a least two occasions and going to play in such an intense atmosphere in there unparalleled stadium paid for through all the success has meant they can house 26,000 people in an area close to the European cosmopolition Barcelona of England near Croydon, a location and stadium any self respecting football fan would be immensely jealous of...

Never expected a result especially with Palace having such a cup pedigree I mean they won the Zenith Data Systems Cup in 1991!! Who cares about The FA Cup when you have that on Your Honours Board!!

I mean we got lucky really lucky I mean despite playing at the worldwide aristocrats we luckily dominated possession and luckily dominated chances, Palace were so easy on the eye and at one point even strung together 3-4 passes!!! I've never seen such quality football what a joy and a treat watching Palace is for the neutrals the vision to continually play these long raking sixty yard balls to nobody in particular.....I have never seen something so wonderful....unfortunatly have to suffer watching the rubbish of Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge etc all two bob players compared to Chamakh, Ledley etc..

Lets be brutally honest though if Palace had Shola Ameobi avaliable it would have been totally different, we got lucky there ace Goalscoring threats were not avaliable...

I enjoyed my day at The best club in the world and it is just a miracle my little pathetic side managed to get anything at all, in fact it's all in all nothing more than an FA conspiracy and the work of the Referee...

Liverpool suck, Palace rule

So Sherwood the new Villa boss' date=' hmm not sure if he would have been my choice to turn them around and get down to fighting dirty but the best of luck to him, kudos for the quick naming of the manager though.[/quote']
Not a great appointment' date='but who could they have got who would be interested to be honest!?[/quote']

Solid appointment in my eyes. Always enjoyed seeing him at Spurs and his honest say-it-like-it-is attitude, don't see it often enough, mostly because managers are too afraid to do it, but in your every day job people say it like it is to you, when you're getting intructed to do something or you're doing something wrong, so why shouldn't that be in football too? Hoping and I think he will keep them up, young English manager too on top of that! :)

Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace....

Went into the game today with absolutely no expectations as my pitiful little side went into the game against the greatest team in the world missing a few of our better players for the mediocre little side we are playing against A Palace side who have been tearing it up worldwide which has seen them reach the heady heights of 13th...

Playing a team of such esteemed recognition with unparalleled levels of success lets not forget they have won division 2 on a least two occasions and going to play in such an intense atmosphere in there unparalleled stadium paid for through all the success has meant they can house 26' date='000 people in an area close to the European cosmopolition Barcelona of England near Croydon, a location and stadium any self respecting football fan would be immensely jealous of...

Never expected a result especially with Palace having such a cup pedigree I mean they won the Zenith Data Systems Cup in 1991!! Who cares about The FA Cup when you have that on Your Honours Board!!

I mean we got lucky really lucky I mean despite playing at the worldwide aristocrats we luckily dominated possession and luckily dominated chances, Palace were so easy on the eye and at one point even strung together 3-4 passes!!! I've never seen such quality football what a joy and a treat watching Palace is for the neutrals the vision to continually play these long raking sixty yard balls to nobody in particular.....I have never seen something so wonderful....unfortunatly have to suffer watching the rubbish of Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge etc all two bob players compared to Chamakh, Ledley etc..

Lets be brutally honest though if Palace had Shola Ameobi avaliable it would have been totally different, we got lucky there ace Goalscoring threats were not avaliable...

I enjoyed my day at The best club in the world and it is just a miracle my little pathetic side managed to get anything at all, in fact it's all in all nothing more than an FA conspiracy and the work of the Referee...

Liverpool suck, Palace rule[/quote']

Infernito is that you.