Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Pretty much this. Back when i started supporting Arsenal there was nothing resembling an Australian National League. A league is only 10 years old and im 23. Also a Victory fan btw Lemon you good bloke you. too bad you support pool.....

I watch every game live unless i physically have to be at work. Watched Fa cup this morning until 5 AM then got ready for work. I watch interviews and stuff as much as possible on Arsenal.com and read papers online for gossip/runours and articles. I would put a hand up and say that i am a "bigger fan" if such things can be measured (not really) than a massive majority of people who identify as fans of Arsenal in England. It takes serious deication to get up 1-2-3 times a week at best 11:30pm i can stay up' date=' at worst i go to bed at 9PM set my alarm so i can get up at 2 have my coffee/red bull, watch until 4, back to bed for 2hrs 15mins then up for work. I wont go out and drink on a Game night unless its a real obligation like a engagement party.

/Rant - In summary if you feel self-entitled or priviledged becasue you were lucky enough to be born or live so close to the Holy land of Highbury/Emirates or for that matter Anfield, Old Trafford or St. Mary's, wake up to yourself, you aint the biggest fan about cause you live nearby.[/quote']

Amen. Nothing more that works me up on here than when I'm told I ain't a real fan because I'm not a local. One of the best feelings of my life ever was singing You'll Never Walk Alone when pool came to the MCG last year. Goosebumps every time I watch it over again.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Amen. Nothing more that works me up on here than when I'm told I ain't a real fan because I'm not a local. One of the best feelings of my life ever was singing You'll Never Walk Alone when pool came to the MCG last year. Goosebumps every time I watch it over again.

You don't have to be a local to have passion for a club.My uncles supported Chelsea and I supported Chelsea all through school in the 80's and 90's.I used to get some slagging because I was basically the only Chelsea fan in school,but I actually loved supporting a different team than the usual teams that kids supported over in Ireland.Of course there are much more Chelsea fans now,because they have jumped on the Roman bandwagon,although more kids support them now,because they would see them a lot more on tv and stuff.Some of my favourite Chelsea players of all time are oldies! Kerry Dixon,Steve Clarke,Wisey to name a few.:)

Seems like more and more people have to accept the idea of safe standing as the way forward, with a recent report indicating that:

- 96 per cent of fans across the UK back the introduction of such seating allowing fans to stand throughout a game

- 84 per cent of fans believe safe standing areas would lessen the likelihood of clashes between them and stewards.

97% feel that modern stadium technology can make standing areas at football grounds safe.

The National Assembly in Wales wants safe standing trials, as do many of the clubs in the Premier League and Football League.

http://fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/safe-standing-survey-launch-swansea?#sthash.DOcM83DJ.dpuf

It's needed, desperately. There's only a handful of grounds in the Premier League that can claim to regularly have a good atmosphere at home games, far too many people are being priced out of football with the increases in ticket prices not looking like their going to stop any time soon and the survey does point to the frustrations of stewards making a massive issue out of away fans standing.

I've always been a strong supporter of this, I know a few people were opposed to it previously but I'm interested to see whether they've followed the pattern of an increasing support from fans of the game.

Of course it will.

Standing sections do produce more noise, allowing safe standing sections will encourage fans to follow in the footsteps of clubs like Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough and Tottenham in the creation of fans groups that share a desire to create an atmosphere.

It'd also prevent stewards from forcing away fans to sit down, which undoubtedly detracts from the atmosphere, and will result in cheaper tickets that will allow more fans who like to stand up and sing during the game to attend.

what swanseajack said....will take time for other teams to get one going though, ours been going since 05 and now blocks A B C D are all-standing, im in block c myself and its the best thing that could have happened, now in one of the best corners of atmosphere in england if not the best

what swanseajack said....will take time for other teams to get one going though' date=' ours been going since 05 and now blocks A B C D are all-standing, im in block c myself and its the best thing that could have happened, now in one of the best corners of atmosphere in england if not the best[/quote']

As much as you do chat a lot of rubbish

Palace do have the best support in the Premier League by an unbelievable distance, it's not even close.

You aren't the only ones in the country and more and more people are seeing it as the way forward, Red Faction of Middlesbrough are well established and a very similar style to the HF and 1882 of Tottenham are in their early stages.

1882 are only really able to do Europa League and U21's games at the moment, but safe standing would allow them an opportunity to create noise every game.

Of course it will.

Standing sections do produce more noise' date=' allowing safe standing sections will encourage fans to follow in the footsteps of clubs like Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough and Tottenham in the creation of fans groups that share a desire to create an atmosphere.

It'd also prevent stewards from forcing away fans to sit down, which undoubtedly detracts from the atmosphere, and will result in cheaper tickets that will allow more fans who like to stand up and sing during the game to attend.[/quote']

Standing up will not make people sing against crap teams. Manufactured atmospheres are also crap.

Your under the impression that it's going to be the same people attending in the areas' date=' barring the fact that they'll be using rail seats as opposed to regular seats. That won't be the case.[/quote']

Depends on the stadiums,for example Citys ground is almost half empty most weeks...

Standing wont make the atmosphere better.

This ^

Won't make a jot of difference will still be the same demographic of people in the main who go, the same faces, the same bunch of tourists at a lot of grounds....

It won't make them sing, it won't suddenly make them more vociferous, it will make jot of difference in the same way as clubs try to manufacture atmospheres with so called "signing areas" background acoustics, plastic flags etc etc

I went to football when it was all standing and it really was not that much better then......

Your under the impression that it's going to be the same people attending in the areas' date=' barring the fact that they'll be using rail seats as opposed to regular seats. That won't be the case.[/quote']

Where are these people going to come from who will suddenly sing? The atmosphere at most top teams will not change unless it is a big game.

Depends on the stadiums' date='for example Citys ground is almost half empty most weeks...[/quote']

City's lowest attendance this season was around 32k against sheff wed there lowest in prem is 45k there stadium only holds 47k for domestic games so it's alot more than half full for every league game...they are averaging 45k at home this year chelsea avaeraging 41k

Where are these people going to come from who will suddenly sing? The atmosphere at most top teams will not change unless it is a big game.

There's so many people who've been priced out of the game, the demographic will undoubtedly change. You can see it at club, those who in 1882 are fans of Spurs who can only afford to go to Europa League and U21 matches. There are fans out there, the fans that were creating good atmospheres not so long ago haven't disappeared from the country.

Fanatical supporters groups sing against smaller opposition, obviously the atmosphere is better when they're winning but the reason Palace's support is a huge deal greater than anyone else's in the league because of how loud they are when it's not going their way.

This ^

Won't make a jot of difference will still be the same demographic of people in the main who go' date=' the same faces, the same bunch of tourists at a lot of grounds....

It won't make them sing, it won't suddenly make them more vociferous, it will make jot of difference in the same way as clubs try to manufacture atmospheres with so called "signing areas" background acoustics, plastic flags etc etc

I went to football when it was all standing and it really was not that much better then......[/quote']

maybe for top 7 teams who attract hoards of tourists but for the rest it helps....

your fans were a joke' date=' no noise bar the goals and was out sung the whole time even right after you scored... especially second half where we barely kept the ball...plus two class displays before kick off[/quote']

LOL :P

Backs up my Pony Manure take....

Outsung you all game, bar your goal I wouldn't have even known you were there, so called best atmosphere in the country my behind.....

Although to be fair you touched the ball about twenty times in the entire match, hard to be positive when your side is so outclassed.....;)

You can't deny the fact that they've got the best fans in the league.

When they were losing every game at the start of last season their fans were superb.

Best fans? Coin throwing at players and even xxextinctxx admitted to "hitting a few scouse fans" yeah best fans my arse. Just a bunch of delinquent uneducated wannabee hard men.

LOL :P

Backs up my Pony Manure take....

Outsung you all game' date=' bar your goal I wouldn't have even known you were there, so called best atmosphere in the country my behind.....

Although to be fair you touched the ball about twenty times in the entire match, hard to be positive when your side is so outclassed.....;)[/quote']

surprised you had the bottle to come selhurst after last year, must have been one of the worst nights of your life? hahaha gayle gayle, where's your title gone?

and then earlier this season in the league, more importantly when you were outclassed, what was it? 3-1? LOL

and then in 1990 you probably felt kenny's tears, you must have been what 9? and knocked out the cup by lowly palace and super AL hahahaha

Best fans? Coin throwing at players and even xxextinctxx admitted to "hitting a few scouse fans" yeah best fans my arse. Just a bunch of delinquent uneducated wannabee hard men.

sorry didnt realise that was what made the best support' date=' pathetic, as if your brain-dead toon lot have never thrown a coin in their life, oh wait yeah....

[url']http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/14/arrested-newcastle-fans-sunderland[/url]

thugs....

end of the day we create 10x more noise than you and especially more than any top 7 team

sorry didnt realise that was what made the best support' date=' pathetic, as if your brain-dead toon lot have never thrown a coin in their life, oh wait yeah....

[url']http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/14/arrested-newcastle-fans-sunderland[/url]

thugs....

end of the day we create 10x more noise than you and especially more than any top 7 team

Yet you conveniently forget to mention where you hit (who says hit anyway can tell you are a juvenile) a few scouse fans. Chucking coins you are right is done by many fans however I don't condone it, yet you tried to justify the actions of your fellow fan by saying Cisse had incited the whole incident, now that is just priceless and corroborates my theory that you are in fact a complete and utter toss pot.