Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Best fans? Coin throwing at players and even xxextinctxx admitted to "hitting a few scouse fans" yeah best fans my arse. Just a bunch of delinquent uneducated wannabee hard men.

Because that sort of thing hasn't happened at every club? Every single club will have had fans who've thrown coins, Newcastle will have done as well.

In terms of support, and in terms of creating an atmosphere, Crystal Palace are #1/

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Yet you conveniently forget to mention where you hit (who says hit anyway can tell you are a juvenile) a few scouse fans. Chucking coins you are right is done by many fans however I don't condone it' date=' yet you tried to justify the actions of your fellow fan by saying Cisse had incited the whole incident, now that is just priceless and corroborates my theory that you are in fact a complete and utter toss pot.[/font']

did he run purposefully to block B of the holmesdale to goad a reaction? yes. never would have been a situation if he didnt feel the need to start one so how about you take off your black and white tinted glasses for once in your life

Because that sort of thing hasn't happened at every club? Every single club will have had fans who've thrown coins' date=' Newcastle will have done as well.

In terms of support, and in terms of creating an atmosphere, Crystal Palace are #1/[/quote']

Do keep up since I have already addressed that point. I am not disputing how loud there support is but when xxextinctxx has tried to justify the coin throwing fans behaviour and also admitted to "hitting Liverpool fans" then this also highlights the ugly side to there fans.

No doubt the response will be all fans fight and all fans chuck coins blah blah blah, though my argument is they are not fans they are thugs and xxextinctxx is hardly out of nappies and trying to act the big un and when berated about the loss to Liverpool and a forumer had posted something along the lines of is this goodbye from instinct or words to that effect his response was to talk about hitting Liverpool fans and then justify it with "it is all good banter." Really? Violence towards other fans is now deemed banter is it?

did he run purposefully to block B of the holmesdale to goad a reaction? yes. never would have been a situation if he didnt feel the need to start one so how about you take off your black and white tinted glasses for once in your life

I will ask the question outright' date=' seemingly you are incapable of answering.

Did you not admit in the forums to hitting opposing fans and justify it as banter? Regardless of whether an opposing player goads fans or not it does not make it right for any fans to throw coins, issue here is you trying to justify the action. What a numpty. [/font']

do tell me how that takes away from how much noise/atmosphere a team makes....and please find where i tried to justify coin throwing...ive always condemned it and never said it was the right response to cisse but it wouldnt have happened if he didnt try and goad the fans...sorry newcastle fans who are so perfect and never have had issues of violence in the past...

you werent even there you were on the other side of the country so i aint gunna repeat what happened but end of the day no issue was caused and if police felt the need to do something they would have as they were about 40ft away...

There's so many people who've been priced out of the game' date=' the demographic will undoubtedly change. You can see it at club, those who in 1882 are fans of Spurs who can only afford to go to Europa League and U21 matches. There are fans out there, the fans that were creating good atmospheres not so long ago haven't disappeared from the country.

Fanatical supporters groups sing against smaller opposition, obviously the atmosphere is better when they're winning but the reason Palace's support is a huge deal greater than anyone else's in the league because of how loud they are when it's not going their way.[/quote']

It wont have much of a change as people make out, certainly not at Everton and I am pretty sure it wouldn't do much to other clubs such as Liverpool either. The crowd here are reactionary and respond to what happens on the pitch . They don't just sing for the sake of it, they won't sing more just as they can now stand up and they certainly wont sing due to a supporters group telling them to.

Also there is no proof that the tickets will drop in price. You can say look at Germany but the clubs there are run by fans so obviously giving the fans cheaper tickets is high on their agenda but in England there isn't the same focus on giving fans value for money so I can't really see a massive shift in ticket prices.

sorry didnt realise that was what made the best support' date=' pathetic, as if your brain-dead toon lot have never thrown a coin in their life, oh wait yeah....

[url']http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/14/arrested-newcastle-fans-sunderland[/url]

thugs....

end of the day we create 10x more noise than you and especially more than any top 7 team

There is good reason for that. Not being big headed or anything but being in the Premier League is something different for Palace as they aren't in it every year so the fans are excited to be there and every game is a big game. Whereas at Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and even Everton the fans aren't really that excited about playing the smaller teams, which is why the atmosphere suffers and only really picks up when there is a big game.

Originally Posted by xxInstinctxx View Post

innit why the hell wouldnt i be back im not gunna run away especially team we beat past two times in the league...fair play liverpool won today but was a poor game could have gone either way gayle missed a big chance but speroni pulled some worldies.....end of day dont see why u wouldnt reckon i wouldnt be back especially since our history.....and what u on about the ref being awful, yeah he was in young bloody favour!!!!end of the day im palace till i die and hitting a few scouse at the end cheered me up ahaha was all good banter tho eh

Since you are struggling to answer I found it here, though to your credit you did edit it yesterday though the unedited post shows when someone replies to it.

I am not disputing how loud your fans are, I am not disputing that many fans at other clubs chuck coins, bloody hell I am not even disputing many clubs have there thugs but whether an opposing player in your words "goads" opposition fans does not make it right, I am sure I will find a direct quote somewhere where you state (inadvertently) or otherwise that the coin throwing action was justified though not in those words but it is certainly what you alluded to.

You can't deny the fact that they've got the best fans in the league.

When they were losing every game at the start of last season their fans were superb.

I just said they were not very good on Saturday' date=' and they weren't I barely knew they were there

surprised you had the bottle to come selhurst after last year, must have been one of the worst nights of your life? hahaha gayle gayle, where's your title gone?

and then earlier this season in the league, more importantly when you were outclassed, what was it? 3-1? LOL

and then in 1990 you probably felt kenny's tears, you must have been what 9? and knocked out the cup by lowly palace and super AL hahahaha

Yep cried myself to sleep....

Drawing with Palace never lost us the League it was defeat against Chavski, whether we beat you or not made not a blind bit if difference only reason we drew was because we were trying to score ten, you deserved to beat us early in the season...

I suppose Il just have to fall back on the Champions league, UEFA Cup, FA Cup, Capital one cup triumphs to comfort me.....

Best fans? Coin throwing at players and even xxextinctxx admitted to "hitting a few scouse fans" yeah best fans my arse. Just a bunch of delinquent uneducated wannabee hard men.

Matt He never beat up anybody' date=' they were Imaginary people, a desperate attempt to save face and still look well hard.....:P:p

Because that sort of thing hasn't happened at every club? Every single club will have had fans who've thrown coins, Newcastle will have done as well.

In terms of support, and in terms of creating an atmosphere, Crystal Palace are #1/

Portsmouth was the best away ground for atmosphere I have ever been to.

There is good reason for that. Not being big headed or anything but being in the Premier League is something different for Palace as they aren't in it every year so the fans are excited to be there and every game is a big game. Whereas at Liverpool' date=' United, Arsenal, Chelsea and even Everton the fans aren't really that excited about playing the smaller teams, which is why the atmosphere suffers and only really picks up when there is a big game.[/quote']

well we've had the same atmosphere since 05 when we were in the championship up until now but only now we're starting to get the credit we deserve because we're in the BPL. i can guarantee you even if we were to drop to league 1 in the next two seasons, the attendance would drop, but the key areas, holmesdale blocks A B C D would stay the same and thats enough for me to be honest because i cant imagine sitting anywhere else at selhurst anymore

Since you are struggling to answer I found it here' date=' though to your credit you did edit it yesterday though the unedited post shows when someone replies to it.

I am not disputing how loud your fans are, I am not disputing that many fans at other clubs chuck coins, bloody hell I am not even disputing many clubs have there thugs but whether an opposing player in your words "goads" opposition fans does not make it right, I am sure I will find a direct quote somewhere where you state (inadvertently) or otherwise that the coin throwing action was justified though not in those words but it is certainly what you alluded to.[/font']

see, you can't find a quote because i never justified coin throwing. for the last time, i am not saying it was the right action, but if cisse hadn't had purposefully celebrated in obviously the most hostile area of the ground, there would have been no situation.

I just said they were not very good on Saturday' date=' and they weren't I barely knew they were there

Yep cried myself to sleep....

Drawing with Palace never lost us the League it was defeat against Chavski, whether we beat you or not made not a blind bit if difference only reason we drew was because we were trying to score ten, you deserved to beat us early in the season...

I suppose Il just have to fall back on the Champions league, UEFA Cup, FA Cup, Capital one cup triumphs to comfort me.....

[/quote']

well no one noticed you apart from the goals and even then you were drowned out...

yep and if you had beaten us by a margin it would have given you a chance but no and instead we confirmed you would be getting no title.

well it says a lot at how big it is for you now that beating crystal palace is such a monumental achievement for you lot...making pictures, memes e.t.c also notice no premier league on that list haha, could have been last year, oh well.

well no one noticed you apart from the goals and even then you were drowned out...

yep and if you had beaten us by a margin it would have given you a chance but no and instead we confirmed you would be getting no title.

well it says a lot at how big it is for you now that beating crystal palace is such a monumental achievement for you lot...making pictures' date=' memes e.t.c also notice no premier league on that list haha, could have been last year, oh well.[/quote']

It's nice to have an honours list though, maybe one day you can add to your remarkable Zenith Data Cup

Beating Palace is a complete irrelevance to me seeing your complete rubbish about Palace being the greatest ever get proven wrong time and time over amuses us all

It's nice to have an honours list though' date=' maybe one day you can add to your remarkable Zenith Data Cup

Beating Palace is a complete irrelevance to me seeing your complete rubbish about Palace being the greatest ever get proven wrong time and time over amuses us all[/quote']

palace 3 - 3 liverpool

palace 3 - 1 liverpool

in league games more important than cup, unlucky.

Right thats enough. Keep it on topic.

If you want to argue with each other take it to PM's.

Ok, I think fans that assault or claim to assault other fans are morally reprehensible, I believe there is absolutely no justification for throwing projectiles at players and even less so for throwing punches at other fans.

I think standing areas won't solve any problems it will only encourage over crowding and instances where like many music festivals there are injuries from people falling, being bumped into etc.

The atmosphere in a club won't be better because you're standing up because to be honest most people at the matches I go to stand up whenever there is a half chance on goal anyway and the stewards do nowt about it.

I'm for safe standing. It works in Germany so why not here? Ticket prices are a far bigger issue though. You're only going to get an atmosphere if you have a more vocal support' date=' they tend to be the more working class fans and they're being priced out.[/quote']

Ticket prices are definitely a bigger issue. With the huge money coming in from the new T.V deal I hope that something can be done, I don't hold out much hope though.

There is good reason for that. Not being big headed or anything but being in the Premier League is something different for Palace as they aren't in it every year so the fans are excited to be there and every game is a big game. Whereas at Liverpool' date=' United, Arsenal, Chelsea and even Everton the fans aren't really that excited about playing the smaller teams, which is why the atmosphere suffers and only really picks up when there is a big game.[/quote']

Have to agree with this. If Palace stay in the league for a good while I think people will find that there support will quieten over time.

Our support is still vocal and still manages to make a decent atmosphere but they have calmed since we were in the Championship and when we got promoted.

Fans get used to playing the teams in the top league. In this day in age when the need for something bigger and better is accelerated it's inevitable.

[/quote']

www.history.com

I'm for safe standing. It works in Germany so why not here? Ticket prices are a far bigger issue though. You're only going to get an atmosphere if you have a more vocal support' date=' they tend to be the more working class fans and they're being priced out.[/quote']

I agree this is the far bigger issue. Safe standing should come in imo, but its only going to work in conjunction with lower ticket prices. they way the TV rights deals are going and prices for tickets they will play PL football in a closed off rectangle with tv cameras and no seats :rolleyes:

The issue there is, as someone said re: Man City - if they are enar filling the stadium every time there is absolutley no incentive for them as a club/business (aside from the moral/family/supporter/goodness side) to lower prices. The only way is probably a boycott sadly enough.

Really pleased to get the 3 points but Villa can feel a little hard done by, Vlaar with a real moment of madness in his challenge to give away a stonewall penalty.

A draw would of been a fair result I think, Villa were the better team in the first half but seemed to revert back to their old playing ways in the second giving us the majority of control. Two lovely crosses for each teams goals and nice headers as well.

Although they played well in the first half and looked a different team than they have as late i'm not convinced that Sherwood will bring much more to them.

Edit: What the hell is up with the ridiculously long pages? Can someone fix it please.

Really pleased to get the 3 points but Villa can feel a little hard done by' date=' Vlaar with a real moment of madness in his challenge to give away a stonewall penalty.

A draw would of been a fair result I think, Villa were the better team in the first half but seemed to revert back to their old playing ways in the second giving us the majority of control. Two lovely crosses for each teams goals and nice headers as well.

Although they played well in the first half and looked a different team than they have as late i'm not convinced that Sherwood will bring much more to them.

Edit: What the hell is up with the ridiculously long pages? Can someone fix it please.[/quote']

It's an issue with a recent Google Chrome update not being able to handle scrolling sigs.