Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

I'm just going to be that guy and play devil's advocate a moment' date=' if you watch the tackle it's actually a pass as Barnes has the ball, just unfortunate that Matic was so quick to intercept the ball and is caught by Barnes swinging leg (swinging for the pass) I personally believed it was a red using common sense but I can understand how they've come to such a decision, If Matic doesn't make that challenge he doesn't get kicked, you do run the risk of being hit with the follow through when you intercept someone mid swing.

Just a thought[/quote']

Honestly?:D:D:D

Ya its Matics fault how dare he even be on the pitch.:D

I don't see any harm with video technology ideas trialled in preseason or international friendlies. I absolutely don't want them to break up play but they could be very useful. A referee's job is harder than ever currently given the huge rewards a team can get by getting a result out of conning him. Not sure how it would work though - I quite like the appeal approach to add a tactical element to things.

I actually seen a comment on the Sky Sports Facebook page claiming Barnes' tackle wasn't even a foul.

Some people don't deserve football. They really don't.

Must football fans be blinded by their pure hatred of Chelsea and Mourinho to even defend disgusting acts of thuggery on the pitch?

The FA is also woefully incompetent. It is a disgrace how childish acts on the pitch such as: name calling, light pushes in the face & other small innocuous incidents are penalised to the highest degree whereas blatant acts of injury threatening violence are ignored.

Honestly?:D:D:D

Ya its Matics fault how dare he even be on the pitch.:D

Read again I thought it was a red card

Chatting to some people about it and looking online that is the other opinion that Matic was unfortunately caught by the follow through rather than a tackle intended to injure

I actually seen a comment on the Sky Sports Facebook page claiming Barnes' tackle wasn't even a foul.

Some people don't deserve football. They really don't.

Must football fans be blinded by their pure hatred of Chelsea and Mourinho to even defend disgusting acts of thuggery on the pitch?

The FA is also woefully incompetent. It is a disgrace how childish acts on the pitch such as: name calling' date=' light pushes in the face & other small innocuous incidents are penalised to the highest degree whereas blatant acts of injury threatening violence are ignored.[/quote']

Well If a Chelsea player did it,I am SURE we would have a bigger reaction..

You often swear that a comment by Jose is worse than a dangerous tackle etc.

Well If a Chelsea player did it' date='I am SURE we would have a bigger reaction..

You often swear that a comment by Jose is worse than a dangerous tackle etc.[/quote']

I could only imagine the reaction if it was Costa or Barton who made that challenge. The hypocrites would be out in full force.

I could only imagine the reaction if it was Costa or Barton who made that challenge. The hypocrites would be out in full force.

Jesus if Costa did it.......................

Great article from Martin Samuel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2964317/Jose-Mourinho-right-Chelsea-comments-Goals-Sunday.html

Jesus if Costa did it.......................

Great article from Martin Samuel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2964317/Jose-Mourinho-right-Chelsea-comments-Goals-Sunday.html

I don't agree with that. People are making a fuss over how bad the challenge was and as far as I can remember a Chelsea player did the exact same thing not so long ago.Getting away without further punishment.

I don't think it would be any different if it was the other way round.

Mourinho's comments between the two incidents are night and day, very hypocritical. All managers protect there teams though and Mourinho has seen a good opportunity to heap more pressure on future decisions to go Chelsea's way so i don't blame him for that.

I don't agree with that. People are making a fuss over how bad the challenge was and as far as I can remember a Chelsea player did the exact same thing not so long ago.Getting away without further punishment.

I don't think it would be any different if it was the other way round.

Mourinho's comments between the two incidents are night and day' date=' very hypocritical. All managers protect there teams though and Mourinho has seen a good opportunity to heap more pressure on future decisions to go Chelsea's way so i don't blame him for that.[/quote']

Jose spoke to Atkinson and he said he did not see the challenge,the FA said he did see the challenge,now something is up here...

Jose spoke to Atkinson and he said he did not see the challenge' date='the FA said he did see the challenge,now something is up here...[/quote']

Clearly saw the coming together but didn't think it was a challenge, ie McManaman/Haidara very similar incident.

Think the one you are on about Jamie was John Obi Mikel on Arteta a couple of years ago.

Chelsea can hardly feel hard done by they've got off with their fair share, Eto'o on Henderson comes to mind last season and Ivanovic choking and headbutting McCarthy just a couple of weeks ago, didn't Gary Cahill avoid punishment for a shocking challenge against an Arsenal player earlier in the season? And Costa avoided punishment for putting his hands around Zabas neck if I remember rightly?

Clearly saw the coming together but didn't think it was a challenge' date=' ie McManaman/Haidara very similar incident.

Think the one you are on about Jamie was John Obi Mikel on Arteta a couple of years ago.

Chelsea can hardly feel hard done by they've got off with their fair share, Eto'o on Henderson comes to mind last season and Ivanovic choking and headbutting McCarthy just a couple of weeks ago, didn't Gary Cahill avoid punishment for a shocking challenge against an Arsenal player earlier in the season? And Costa avoided punishment for putting his hands around Zabas neck if I remember rightly?[/quote']

No point going into every incident to justify this,I could makes lists of incidents too,but whats the point? The Ivanovic one choking and headbutting McCarthy? :D:D

No point going into every incident to justify this' date='I could makes lists of incidents too,but whats the point? The Ivanovic one choking and headbutting McCarthy? :D:D[/quote']

The one where Ivanovic clearly has his arm around McCarthys neck infront of the ref and puts his head into his, it happened like a few weeks back, I'd put a picture but I'm on my phone.

The one where Ivanovic clearly has his arm around McCarthys neck infront of the ref and puts his head into his' date=' it happened like a few weeks back, I'd put a picture but I'm on my phone.[/quote']

Its not a headbutt :rolleyes:

Again though just not justify a dangerous challenge from Barnes.

No point going into every incident to justify this' date='I could makes lists of incidents too,but whats the point? The Ivanovic one choking and headbutting McCarthy? :D:D[/quote']

On Sunday, Mourinho categorically stated that Chelsea had had a single decision go in their favour all season (a penalty claim against Liverpool).

Far too many Chelsea fans take Mourinho's bizarre rants as gospel - there is no conspiracy against Chelsea.

Clearly saw the coming together but didn't think it was a challenge' date=' ie McManaman/Haidara very similar incident.

Chelsea can hardly feel hard done by they've got off with their fair share, Eto'o on Henderson comes to mind last season and Ivanovic choking and headbutting McCarthy just a couple of weeks ago, didn't Gary Cahill avoid punishment for a shocking challenge against an Arsenal player earlier in the season? And Costa avoided punishment for putting his hands around Zabas neck if I remember rightly?[/quote']

Yes you are correct it is. Quite funny watching Mourinho's comments then compared to know LOL

You were the one that said it would be different if it was a Chelsea player instead of a Burnley player though. My point was I don't think it would be and when it has been a Chelsea player doing exactly the same as Barnes the out come was the same.

I don't really understand the FA's reduction of Matic's ban. Is that an admission that it was a mistake? Is it an admission that it wasn't violent conduct? They either had to stick with the referee's decision or rescind it completely surely. Reducing it by a game smacks of trying to please everyone, but it makes no sense whatsoever. It's a dangerous precident to set.

The FA lost the plot when they decided not to ban Barnes on the basis that 'the referee seen the incident'.

If he did see it, then he should be demoted to the Championship for being unable to correctly apply the laws of the game. If he didn't see it then retrospective action comes into play and Barnes gets a ban. It's one or the other.

I don't really understand the FA's reduction of Matic's ban. Is that an admission that it was a mistake? Is it an admission that it wasn't violent conduct? They either had to stick with the referee's decision or rescind it completely surely. Reducing it by a game smacks of trying to please everyone' date=' but it makes no sense whatsoever. It's a dangerous precident to set.[/quote']

I agree it does not make sense at all.

The FA lost the plot when they decided not to ban Barnes on the basis that 'the referee seen the incident'.

If he did see it' date=' then he should be demoted to the Championship for being unable to correctly apply the laws of the game. If he didn't see it then retrospective action comes into play and Barnes gets a ban. It's one or the other.[/quote']

Exactly what I said before,if the ref sees that,then you have to wonder..

If he did see it' date=' then he should be demoted to the Championship for being unable to correctly apply the laws of the game. If he didn't see it then retrospective action comes into play and Barnes gets a ban. It's one or the other.[/quote']

I have a funny feeling though,that the ref did not see it,but the FA said he did..