Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Leicester are gone and buried for me..

I would like sunderland and probably hull to go down..

If QPR went down who else would buy poor players for stupid money.

Probably the russians and any club that redknapp manages :P

I'm pretty sure most of us knew that alraedy :P

I know' date=' people on this forum are bright folks anyway. :)

Europeans are well aware of their basic geography Vend. :)

Just talking from my first-hand experience that's all. You'd be surprised with some of the people that don't know we exist and only aware of the fact after we offer some insight like 'a neighboring country of Singapore' or something like that. :P

You'd be very' date=' very surprised with the average person and their geography knowledge. :o

Although it's a lot worse in America :P[/quote']

I wouldn't though as I have met a lot of European people in my time and me being interested in geography I often bring up the subject. It's a common misconception that Europeans know little outside of Europe/USA/Russia/Australia etc.

In other news Skrtel deserves a 3 game ban. Scummy player he is :P

The relegation battle:

Hull 28pts

Villa 28pts

Sunderland 26pts

Burnley 25pts

QPR 22pts

Leicester 19pts

Other than Hull (-12) the goal difference is very close' date=' between -20 & -23.

Relegations odds:

[b']Hull 5/2[/b]

Run-in: Swansea (a), Southampton (a), Liverpool (h), Crystal Palace (a), Arsenal (h), Burnley (h), Tottenham (a), Man Utd (h).

Villa 7/2

Run-in: Man Utd (a), QPR (h), Tottenham (a), Man City (a), Everton (h), West Ham (h), Southampton (a), Burnley (h).

Sunderland 5/4

Run-in: Newcastle (h), Crystal Palace (h), Stoke (a), Southampton (h), Everton (a), Leicester (h), Arsenal (a), Chelsea (a).

Burnley 10/11

Run-in: Tottenham (h), Arsenal (h), Everton (a), Leicester (h), West Ham (a), Hull (a), Stoke (h), Aston Villa (a)

They seem to think Leicester are gone, which isn't surprising - I'd like to see Burnley stay up but I think they will go down with Sunderland being the other.

Hull's run in is shocking! Hope Burnley have got it in them to stay up and in Leicester, Hull and Villa, they have the games that it's in their hands.

Reckon it'll be Leicester, QPR and Hull going off that, but Advocaat needs to hit the ground running at Sunderland.

Wouldn't be overly disappointed with any of those 4 going down.

Hull's run in is shocking! Hope Burnley have got it in them to stay up and in Leicester' date=' Hull and Villa, they have the games that it's in their hands.

Reckon it'll be Leicester, QPR and Hull going off that, but Advocaat needs to hit the ground running at [b']Sunderland[/b].

Wouldn't be overly disappointed with any of those 4 going down.

But Matt would be devastated if his beloved Sunderland got relegated. :(:P

Leicester i agree with are done.

Sunderland have been the most boring for me, and have been humiliated a couple times now, i love the big derby but thats all that offers them up, and this is who i think not who i want.

I think Hull can grind out enough pints defensively to survive that run. Burnley are great fun and upsets FTW. Villa have improved. QPR have too much money and talent and yet they are in the fight still.

Sunderland, Leicester and.... Im gonna say Burnley despite wanting them to stay up the most. If i got to choose id send Hull down.

Mitrovic heavily linked with English teams yet again Iam losing track of who's been linked..liverpool' date='Arsenal,Swansea and newcastle are the ones off the top of my head..[/quote']
He's been particularly strongly linked with us' date=' and I think he's our most likely replacement for Wilfried Bony. Would be happy with the signing, looks a real threat and at his age he's only going to improve.[/quote']

He'll probably end up in Benfica.

Just been thinking. They've fallen off the radar in recent weeks but what next for Southampton. It's almost certain they'll loose one or two big players this window (Schneiderlin, Clyne, Alderweirald), so if they want to stay up and about and possibly (and admittedly hopefully) push on, Koeman will have to get his transfer business spot on second time running.

Would love to see Southampton finish in the top 4, just as long as Liverpool do as well!!

Just been thinking. They've fallen off the radar in recent weeks but what next for Southampton. It's almost certain they'll loose one or two big players this window (Schneiderlin' date=' Clyne, Alderweirald), so if they want to stay up and about and possibly (and admittedly hopefully) push on, Koeman will have to get his transfer business spot on second time running.

Would love to see Southampton finish in the top 4, just as long as Liverpool do as well!![/quote']

Schneiderlin (Arsenal), Alderweireld (Spurs).

I reckon they'll lose all three, whilst Southampton has established themselves as a top 10 club, I can't see then them keeping this trio for another season. I Id not be surprised if a larger club snapped up Ward-Prowse either.

Schneiderlin (Arsenal)' date=' Alderweireld (Spurs).

I reckon they'll lose all three, whilst Southampton has established themselves as a top 10 club, I can't see then them keeping this trio for another season. I Id not be surprised if a larger club snapped up Ward-Prowse either.[/quote']

Clyne to United - done deal :rolleyes:

Yeah Morgan and Clyne will definitely go if we don't fluke into the top 4 and they might even leave if we do. Can't blame them they've been great for us and deserve CL, Schneiderlin has been the best DM in the league over the past 3 years and I'd put Clyne up with Ivanovic, Zabaleta and Coleman as the best RB in that period too. We'll also make a mint on them especially given we signed Schneiderlin for £1m and Clyne for compensation haha. There's also still murmurs about the forgotten man Jay Rodriguez still leaving but I don't know why a team would risk spending the money it'll take to buy him when he probably won't be able to play again this season. And yeah I doubt we'll be able to get Alderweireld back, seems like Atletico kind of suckered us into a flimsy buy clause at the end of the loan by making it a ridiculously cheap £6m, but they can cancel it for £1.5m and then they'll probably sell him for £15-20m.

Vilhena looks like a done deal but don't think he's necessarily a Schneiderlin replacement just an addition to the squad we'd make anyway. Jordy Clasie has been viewed as Schneiderlin's replacement ever since Koeman arrived and seems likely. Other than that imagine we'll loan/buy a keeper maybe even two, CB, RB and striker, but little idea who beyond rumours, probably similar stature players to last year's purchases.

Yeah Morgan and Clyne will definitely go if we don't fluke into the top 4 and they might even leave if we do. Can't blame them they've been great for us and deserve CL' date=' Schneiderlin has been the best DM in the league over the past 3 years and I'd put Clyne up with Ivanovic, Zabaleta and Coleman as the best RB in that period too. We'll also make a mint on them especially given we signed Schneiderlin for £1m and Clyne for compensation haha. There's also still murmurs about the forgotten man Jay Rodriguez still leaving but I don't know why a team would risk spending the money it'll take to buy him when he probably won't be able to play again this season. And yeah I doubt we'll be able to get Alderweireld back, seems like Atletico kind of suckered us into a flimsy buy clause at the end of the loan by making it a ridiculously cheap £6m, but they can cancel it for £1.5m and then they'll probably sell him for £15-20m.

Vilhena looks like a done deal but don't think he's necessarily a Schneiderlin replacement just an addition to the squad we'd make anyway. Jordy Clasie has been viewed as Schneiderlin's replacement ever since Koeman arrived and seems likely. Other than that imagine we'll loan/buy a keeper maybe even two, CB, RB and striker, but little idea who beyond rumours, probably similar stature players to last year's purchases.[/quote']

Personally think J-Rod missed the boat end of last season for his big move. Id say he will be at Southampton next season. He will be like Diaby- A new signing!!!! If he plays well next season ofc there is every likelihood a big club will take him, but i agree with you i dont see them taking the risk after the season out, sometimes players dont come back well.

1 Chelsea 38 28 8 2 87 31 56 92
2 Man. City 38 25 8 5 82 34 48 83
3 Arsenal 38 23 9 6 73 38 35 78
4 Man. United 38 20 12 6 64 35 29 72
5 Liverpool 38 22 6 10 59 39 20 72
6 Southampton FC 38 21 7 10 55 28 27 70
7 Tottenham 38 21 7 10 65 53 12 70
8 Swansea 38 15 10 13 47 49 -2 55
9 West Ham 38 13 13 12 48 47 1 52
10 Stoke City 38 13 8 17 41 50 -9 47
11 Crystal Palace 38 11 12 15 46 53 -7 45