Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

City is just a team of 2 or 3 players and if you take them out or if they aren't performing' date=' they are bang average. Kompany is a vastly overrated. Aguero and Silva and that's it. After so much investment, take these 2 out and you have a squad that can't finish in the top 4 even. Staggering.

Stuart remember a while ago I said that you should be mindful of the teams at your back and your reaction?[/quote']

I think you're vastly overstating the situation. The problems have come from relying on a core group of players heavily over the past few years and now having to learn to rely on them less.

Besides, you could say exactly the same about United. Replace Kompany with Falcao and Aguero and Silva with Rooney and De Gea.

I still think we'll finish second, or that it'll be in our hands at least.

I think you're vastly overstating the situation. The problems have come from relying on a core group of players heavily over the past few years and now having to learn to rely on them less.

Besides' date=' you could say exactly the same about United. Replace Kompany with Falcao and Aguero and Silva with Rooney and De Gea.

I still think we'll finish second, or that it'll be in our hands at least.[/quote']

This is what I am saying pal. With the investment made, there should have been more players you should rely on.

I would disagree with that pal. United without these 2 would be better then City without Silva and Aguero.

illogical statement to make considering how poor your form is comparing to Arsenal and United.

This is what I am saying pal. With the investment made' date=' there should have been more players you should reply on.

I would disagree with that pal. United without these 2 would be better then City without Silva and Aguero.

illogical statement to make considering how poor your form is comparing to Arsenal and United.[/quote']

I think we could rely on more players. Guys like Fernandinho, Jovetic and Nasri have shown glimpses this season of how good they can be but the tradition is to stick to the same core regardless of their form.

I disagree completely, and think most would.

Form's temporary. Derby game next weekend is a big one. Absolutely nothing stopping City winning all of their remaining games.

I think we could rely on more players. Guys like Fernandinho' date=' Jovetic and Nasri have shown glimpses this season of how good they can be but the tradition is to stick to the same core regardless of their form.

I disagree completely, and think most would.

Form's temporary. Derby game next weekend is a big one. Absolutely nothing stopping City winning all of their remaining games.[/quote']

Its hard to include either of them in a title winning XI tbh.

Opinion

There has to be a reason for a change of form mate.Yeah huge game next week and how you make this up is not understandable to me. You have just lost to Palace and you think that winning against Spurs, Southampton and Swansea is a given?

haha 3 wins on the bounce now for the palace and in this form a top 10 finish is very possible...

where are all the pardew haters? bet newcastle would love him back right now

relegation? palace? LOL

Well the treatment they gave to Pardew, they deserve this.

Top drawer stuff by Pardew and has achieved even more then I expected him to.

Well the treatment they gave to Pardew' date=' they deserve this.

Top drawer stuff by Pardew and has achieved even more then I expected him to.[/quote']

I used to have a soft spot for Newcastle. As I'm sure many can agree, they were at one point my 'second team' but as soon as Pardew went to Palace I wanted them to stay up at the expense of Newcastle.

It would be the ultimate 2 fingered salute to the second most 'entitled' fans in the country. Newcastle form is crap enough but I don't think any of the bottom 3 are capable of putting together s run to surpass them?

I used to have a soft spot for Newcastle. As I'm sure many can agree' date=' they were at one point my 'second team' but as soon as Pardew went to Palace I wanted them to stay up at the expense of Newcastle.

It would be the ultimate 2 fingered salute to the second most 'entitled' fans in the country. Newcastle form is crap enough but I don't think any of the bottom 3 are capable of putting together s run to surpass them?[/quote']

Thinking about relegation would be a bit far fetched in my opinion. Palace finishing above Newcastle is a nice kick in the arse for the toons anyways.

Whilst the treatment of Pardew by a section of fans was harsh that is exactly what it was, 'a section of fans' to insinuate it was the majority is incorrect.

Newcastle is a poisoned chalice and any manager brought in to work under the current regime will always have there hands tied. He did a good job for us but it was evident that his time at Newcastle had ran it's course and it was time to move on. Were the fans to blame for this? No they weren't, the current regime was, he had very little say so on transfers and when you have to work with players you did not necessarily want then of course you will get disillusioned.

He knew what positions needed addressing and when the chairman won't back the manager with cash to strengthen then of course when a club that he holds a strong affiliation with comes knocking he is going to want to step up to the challenge.

He is now at a club where he will have more say and also earn more money than he was on at Newcastle, so to say his treatment was harsh by the fans, whilst is correct to a certain extent it was not by the vast majority that some of you are alluding to.

Each club has a section of fans that will not back there manager, it is the nature of the beast. Newcastle do not deserve to fail because of Pardew's treatment by a section of fans, we deserve to fail for the way Ashley has treat the club, as a profitable business and a marketing tool for sports direct.

"Second most entitled fans?" We do not feel like we are entitled to success whatsoever, perhaps under the Sir Bobby era we certainly had an air of arrogance about us and yes felt like we were 'entitled' to success but even then that was incredibly supercilious of us. We were riding a crest of a wave for a small period and allowed it to go to our heads but to state that is the mindset of fans now is incredibly outdated, you are getting us mixed up with a small core of Man United fans on here.

Newcastle is a poisoned chalice and any manager brought in to work under the current regime will always have there hands tied. He did a good job for us but it was evident that his time at Newcastle had ran it's course and it was time to move on. Were the fans to blame for this? No they weren't' date=' the current regime was, he had very little say so on transfers and when you have to work with players you did not necessarily want then of course you will get disillusioned.

[/font']

I was very surprised he moved on. I don't really take much notice of what was happening behind the scenes at Newcastle but after a poor start Newcastle were one of the form teams early in the season.

Wow' date=' you really loathe Newcastle![/quote']

Not at all mate. I call every team, useless and miserable. As long as it's not my beloved United.

If you read my posts through the forum, you will see I call just about all teams, "useless" and "miserable" lot. Don't take offence to it or anyone else.

On another note, I'm very happy that other miserable lot got beat also. Who would of said start of season that United would finish ahead of City.

Of course, there is still time to go, but United do sit ahead of City. To be fair, to be very fair, I would say United have been a better side then City this season.

I know I will probably cop a lot of flack for this but I stand by it. You cant say City have been a better team then United have, doesn't matter who you support.

Either way, I'm happy with where we sit at this point of the season. When I said United would finish top 3 or 4, I was hammered by many, but my have the tables turned?

I was very surprised he moved on. I don't really take much notice of what was happening behind the scenes at Newcastle but after a poor start Newcastle were one of the form teams early in the season.

The Palace job was always a job he would take due to his time as a player there he has a strong affiliation with the club. No disrespect to Palace but they are not one of the big Premier League clubs and if he kept them up it would be seen as an achievement and to excel like he and Palace have and pushing for a mid table finish will be deemed a success.

Test of time will be when he puts his stamp on the side pre season and how they develop from there' date=' I have stated that I feel he is riding on the crest of a wave at present but he is going a long way to proving me wrong and I for one wish him well.

A top 10 finish will be far more than Palace fans would have expected when he first took charge and if they were to finish lower next season than they do this will the fans be as patient? Nothing more fickle than a disgruntled fan.[/font']

What a game to be at yesterday. It's safe to say I had a good night. Pards, what a legend.

“When the gaffer sat down with his backroom team, deciding on his order, he asked fitness coach Tony Strudwick what he was getting – and told him he’d take it if it looked good.

“When the meals arrived, Pards said to Tony, ‘Yours looks better, I’m having that,’ and swapped plates.

“I told him you can’t just take someone else’s dinner. Pards retorted, ‘When you’re the king, you can do anything’.”

‘When you’re the king, you can do anything’

‘When you’re the king, you can do anything’

Did I really read people advocating Mauricio to be ousted at Tottenham??

Seriously some fans need a sense of perspective, Tottenham have had a decent season and Tottenham are realistically where they should be in terms of the League table and add into that a decent cup run and all in all I don't think they have "underachieved" at all.

Tottenham (apart from yesterday which was about as bad and boring a game of football as you are ever likely to see) have shown some progression in terms of how they play, a philosophy of how they want to play and also Mauricio has also stuck with some of the young players that Sherwood introduced to the fold and are starting to reap the benefits.

The jump from where Tottenham are now to being a consistent top four club is enormous fans shouldn't lose track of that, He is IMO doing a decent enough job and should be under NO pressure at all.

I think what I said hasn't been totally understood. What I am saying is that AvB was sacked for an equal season why should Mauricio stay? I am not exactly saying that Mauricio should be sacked because this is what he can achieve with this bang average Spurs side but AvB did the same and was sacked.

Good decision by BT and Sky to ignore he absolutely pivotal Villa V QPR game and instead show Bristol City V Swindon and a pointless Scottish Game :rolleyes:

Fantastic match by the sounds of it, QPR scoring seven in a week away from home who would have called that!!

I think what I said hasn't been totally understood. What I am saying is that AvB was sacked for an equal season why should Mauricio stay? I am not exactly saying that Mauricio should be sacked because this is what he can achieve with this bang average Spurs side but AvB did the same and was sacked.

A country mile of difference and for a 'neutral' I don't think AVB should have got the boot. AVB spent over £100m IIRC, Pochetino hasn't had that backing.

Spurs are an odd club. Their player investment strategy seems bang on the money but they are often on the peripheral of 'pushing on' to top four but always fall short. You have to question if they had put their foot down on certain transfers if they could have managed that with regularity? Obviously hindsight is a beauty but they seem to keep doing the same things?

They are, in my opinion, the perenial underachieving Premiership club when you look at the outlay/reward ratio but they have a good business model.

Good decision by BT and Sky to ignore he absolutely pivotal Villa V QPR game and instead show Bristol City V Swindon and a pointless Scottish Game :rolleyes:

Fantastic match by the sounds of it' date=' QPR scoring seven in a week away from home who would have called that!![/quote']

Hardly pointless, the bottom two teams both needed the win. Was a fantastic game, Morthwell were brilliant.

Fantastic match by the sounds of it' date=' [b']QPR scoring seven in a week away from home who would have called that!![/b]

Well if it was either Phil Neville or Robbie Savage, then slap my ass and call me a grandma...