Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Leicester really do deserve to stay up, looking like 5/6 with the loss being to the Champions, have been good all season without a bit of luck. Newcastle on the other hand should be very nervous, almost deserve to go down as they're 2nd half has been shocking.

We (Newcastle) on current form certainly deserve to go down. Bereft of any ideas, lacking in any commitment, confidence most certainly have no goalscorer or players who can change games.

8 consecutive defeats something that has not happened for 38 years and Carver is one of the front runners for the managerial post? This is the state of the club at present and the blame lays at the door of Mike Ashley. Said it time and again we lack depth never more evident than allowing Yanga-Mbiwa and Santon to go without replacing them.

Ashley's arrogance in assuming we had already done enough to stay up and not feeling the need to address the issues both in terms of lacking depth and not bringing in a manager straight away is astounding.

We (Newcastle) on current form certainly deserve to go down. Bereft of any ideas' date=' lacking in any commitment, confidence most certainly have no goalscorer or players who can change games.

8 consecutive defeats something that has not happened for 38 years and Carver is one of the front runners for the managerial post? This is the state of the club at present and the blame lays at the door of Mike Ashley. Said it time and again we lack depth never more evident than allowing Yanga-Mbiwa and Santon to go without replacing them.

Ashley's arrogance in assuming we had already done enough to stay up and not feeling the need to address the issues both in terms of lacking depth and not bringing in a manager straight away is astounding. [/font']

All true,I still think one more win will do Newcastle,they might just get away with it,but they are in freefall alright.As for Leicester,well nobody gave them a chance a month ago..

All true' date='I still think one more win will do Newcastle,they might just get away with it,but they are in freefall alright.As for Leicester,well nobody gave them a chance a month ago..[/quote']

Can't see us stopping the rot though and that is worrying. We have Cisse back who is always likely to nick a goal but I don't have full faith in him being the saviour either.

A complete overhaul is needed at the club from staff to players to chairman.

Can't see us stopping the rot though and that is worrying. We have Cisse back who is always likely to nick a goal but I don't have full faith in him being the saviour either.

A complete overhaul is needed at the club from staff to players to chairman.

How do Newcastle keep finding themselves in such a situation,were a complete overhaul is needed? You are right though,the squad is very thin on numbers and quality,you have to feel for Carver a little bit..

How do Newcastle keep finding themselves in such a situation' date='were a complete overhaul is needed? You are right though,the squad is very thin on numbers and quality,you have to feel for Carver a little bit..[/quote']

It is quite simple. Ashley won't dip his hand in his pockets to try and get the club up fighting at the right end of the table. As long as he can promote his Sports Direct Brand on a huge scale which is using premier league football as his adverting tool without having to spend money whilst still using Newcastle as a profitable business to line his pockets he is happy.

It is quite simple. Ashley won't dip his hand in his pockets to try and get the club up fighting at the right end of the table. As long as he can promote his Sports Direct Brand on a huge scale which is using premier league football as his adverting tool without having to spend money whilst still using Newcastle as a profitable business to line his pockets he is happy.

hmm,the fans cannot be happy with that! The thing is,if this continues it will only be a matter of time before they go down..

Wow' date='what did he actually quote?[/quote']

Didn't name the player in the after match interview but alluded to one of his players doing their best to get sent off to miss the last three games.

Will be easy to work out who it was after match of the day I suppose.that and the fact that one player will be dropped by Carver.

Didn't name the player in the after match interview but alluded to one of his players doing their best to get sent off to miss the last three games.

Will be easy to work out who it was after match of the day I suppose.that and the fact that one player will be dropped by Carver.

ha indeed!

Are you a Bob Dylan fan btw? :D

Well Williamson and Jaanmat both got sent off for daft 2nd yellows, Williamson in particular was pretty bad, followed through and kicked Vardy in a challege well after the ball had left and he was out of play, and Vardy went straight into the Camera and stayed down for a little while. Jaanmat just kicked Vardy's legs after he beat him rather easily.

Well Williamson and Jaanmat both got sent off for daft 2nd yellows' date=' Williamson in particular was pretty bad, followed through and kicked Vardy in a challege well after the ball had left and he was out of play, and Vardy went straight into the Camera and stayed down for a little while. Jaanmat just kicked Vardy's legs after he beat him rather easily.[/quote']

Ah didn't know that,just saw the post match interview .

More than likely one of those two then.

Ah didn't know that' date='just saw the post match interview .

More than likely one of those two then.[/quote']

ID say the reaction Jaanmat got from Carver suggests it was he, but i thought Williamson's was the more idiotic and blatant, probably lucky its wasnt a straight red.

Carver has just suggested that one of his players tried to get sent off to avoid the final 3 games!

A club in turmoil.

He's pathetic, and that criticism has no justification whatsoever given that a second yellow is a one match suspension.

He really has to look at himself, I'm a bit tired of people saying that feel sorry for the man, he deserves exactly what he's getting when he's organising his team the way he is.

He's pathetic' date=' and that criticism has no justification whatsoever given that a second yellow is a one match suspension.

He really has to look at himself, I'm a bit tired of people saying that feel sorry for the man, he deserves exactly what he's getting when he's organising his team the way he is.[/quote']

Completely agree mate.

He's pathetic' date=' and that criticism has no justification whatsoever given that a second yellow is a one match suspension.

He really has to look at himself, I'm a bit tired of people saying that feel sorry for the man, he deserves exactly what he's getting when he's organising his team the way he is.[/quote']

I do feel for him a little bit,because of the way Ashley appears to be doing things,however Carver is clearly way out of his depth..

Well if Sunderland can get the three points today I'd say Newcastle would be favourites for the drop' date=' incredible how a team with the talent they have can go on a run this poor in the top flight.[/quote']

Villa leading too,Sherwood has got Benteke flying again! To be fair,Newcastle have not that much talent in their squad either..