Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Carver reminds me of one of the chuckle brothers' date=' total melon of a manager.I can Newcastle struggling in the championship next season.[/quote']

Johnny Chuckle is at it again, "best coach in the Premier League' chuckle-chuckle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32627362

Premier League granted extra Europa League spot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32651839

I know he's got a decent managerial record and is doing well at Aston Villa, but quite frankly I don't care, Sherwood's delusional.

"I don't know if there's a better striker in Europe right now. He's the best,"

"Benteke is going nowhere in the summer, no one can afford him,"

How can he honestly justify either of those comments. It's absurd and to be honest completely unneccesary. Can he not just get on with keeping Villa up with the knowledge that doing so doesn't make his players the best on the planet.

I know he's got a decent managerial record and is doing well at Aston Villa' date=' but quite frankly I don't care, Sherwood's delusional.

How can he honestly justify either of those comments. It's absurd and to be honest completely unneccesary. Can he not just get on with keeping Villa up with the knowledge that doing so doesn't make his players the best on the planet.[/quote']

Hahahaha, that is delusional....John Carver claiming to be the best league? I don't know what term would be apt for such a claim.....

I know he's got a decent managerial record and is doing well at Aston Villa' date=' but quite frankly I don't care, Sherwood's delusional.

How can he honestly justify either of those comments. It's absurd and to be honest completely unneccesary. Can he not just get on with keeping Villa up with the knowledge that doing so doesn't make his players the best on the planet.[/quote']

It shouldn't take more than a couple of brain cells to figure out why Sherwood would say that.

Besides, he's probably not too far off with his comments either.

As Herc said it is fairly obvious why he would say these things....

In all likelihood Benteke will be off at the end of the season and Sherwood is putting out this rhetoric in order to bump up the price, get the best possible deal for Villa so he can make the changes he feels is necessary to the squad.

All managers make statements of this sort which the public know is nonsense, but it is all part of the "wider game"

Sherwood's just such a top lad, got a bit of banter about him and knows how to wind people up. Arrogant almost to a fault.

He's just talking, he know's what he's saying isn't true, just having a bit of fun winding people up and creating a bit of hype around him and his team. Football needs more personalities like him in it.

That' date=' or the Villa takeover has some legs to it...[/quote']

Maybe Sherwood has been reading the EPL ratings thread :eek:

Agree. Villa been mid-table and Benteke playing a full season' date=' would have said absolutely. Im not sure his late season Heroics will be enough for a 90, but he is a class act. Villa will likely survive but id be buying Benteke, id be VERY surprised if he stays there. Finding form right in time for Transfer season. 11 goals in last 10games for Club and Country... I mean a full season anywhere near that form and give him a 95 in a season or 2.[/quote']

Maybe Sherwood has been reading the EPL ratings thread :eek:

so you disagree?????

11 goals every 10 games is 42 goals per season. Benteke moves club and scores 42 goals per season and he would certainly be a 95 ;)

Obviously not gonna happen, but based on my maths Scoring at that rate for 2 seasons in the EPL would land anyone a 95.

so you disagree?????

11 goals every 10 games is 42 goals per season. Benteke moves club and scores 42 goals per season and he would certainly be a 95 ;)

Obviously not gonna happen' date=' but based on my maths Scoring at that rate for 2 seasons in the EPL would land anyone a 95.[/quote']

42 goals in the Premier League for two seasons in a row!

giphy.gif

so you disagree?????

Obviously not gonna happen' date=' but based on my maths Scoring at that rate for 2 seasons in the EPL would land anyone a 95.[/quote']

What an absolutely ridiculous statement!

42 goals in a season haha!

so you disagree?????

CAM there is a basic misunderstanding with your maths here...

11/10 = 1.1 goals per game CORRECT

1.1x38 = 41.8 goals in a season CORRECT

But you miss out a key mathematical principle, my very own EXP x Log()/Ln() INDEX or as it's known to the common man the BEN'S-TEKE-THE-MICK PRINCIPLE.

This principle was designed by Ben C today actually to help combat unrealistic expectations in the field of goal scoring.

The formula is this.

Expected Goals in a Season x log(EXP Goals)

___________________________________..... = Realistic Expectation

ln(EXP Goals)

41.8 x log(41.8) = 18.15350934 = 18 goals per season

ln(41.8)

A much more realistic expectation I would argue.

MATHS!

41.8 X LOL42 =