Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

no one said Benteke would/could or should score 42 goals in a season. My statement was that if any player scoring 11 goals in 10 continued at that rate of goalscoring for an entire season they would score 42 goals. That is a mathematical fact.

If that happened they could well get a 95 in 2 seasons. not a fact cause god knows SM but a valid prediction.

But now, since some of you are bereft of critical thinking and logical thought processes and instead chose to read that statement as i think Benteke will score 80 goals in the next 2 seasons, I only have one option left to pander to the masses.

Benteke is teh greatest guys. Srsly. Sherwood is soooooo good and he will get the best out of Benteke. dont you know the power of Bent? first Bent, then bentdner, now Benteke. you will see.. he will score 84 goals and be probably better than Messi. If you do not see this you are a

-Glory Hunter

-Racist

-Sex Offender

-Idiot

- thats all i can think ive seen people slag each other out here for in the last 24 hours, but ill add more.

Benteke to 99.

Peace.

Mad? Don't think so fella. So how does supporting two football teams work? Especially one where you live half the world away?

You really can't think of anything better than that to say can you. Can't remember the amount of times we've had this conversation.

Chelsea supporting mates dad can't make it' date=' got myself his season ticket for today's game. I'll be cheering on the mighty Chelsea.[/quote']

How does supporting two football teams work? Especially where they are both from the same league?

I've never asked you why you support a team half way across the world. There's a difference between cheering on a football team and supporting them' date=' you feel? Have I been to more Liverpool matches than you do you reckon? Bet I have.[/quote']

Maybe you haven't asked that, but you've definitely tried to insinuate the same thing before and that is that I am less of a supporter because I am not from the same country. I couldn't really be bothered with what you think though, your opinion is more irrelevant to me than Tony's. As I said I've already been over this more than once no point doing it again since your memory seems to be non-existent. Yeah sure you've been to more games than me, go figure Captain Obvious. Have you ever witnessed your local team and the team you love most play in front of 95,000 fans before? Bet you haven't. The only reason I respond to you is because admittedly I enjoy the beef and I cannot stand your arrogance.

Couldn't put it better. Deserve to stay' date=' which could not be said for Newcastle or Sunderland. Big shame.[/quote']

I would just like to explain to you how the point scoring system works. The more points a team gets the better there league position. Newcastle have more points than Burnley and Q.P.R and as such are (only just) above such teams so deserve to be higher. Wow see how simple that is?

Prior to the poor run of 9 consecutive defeats Newcastle were sitting in mid table obscurity and deservedly so. Chairman got it horrendously wrong by not bank rolling funds for players in January and installing a muppet as an interim manager. We deserve to be in a relegation battle on current form yes but clubs like Hull, Burnley and Q.P.R have been in the bottom half a dozen on and off the majority of the season. That is why they deserve to be there.

Yes but by responding you are giving these trolls a sense of self importance and a feeling that what they say matters to you....

Ignore them, it's much more damaging to there sense of self importance and self worth than engaging with idiocy.....

no one said Benteke would/could or should score 42 goals in a season. My statement was that if any player scoring 11 goals in 10 continued at that rate of goalscoring for an entire season they would score 42 goals. That is a mathematical fact.

If that happened they could well get a 95 in 2 seasons. not a fact cause god knows SM but a valid prediction.

But now' date=' since some of you are bereft of critical thinking and logical thought processes and instead chose to read that statement as i think Benteke will score 80 goals in the next 2 seasons, I only have one option left to pander to the masses.

Benteke is teh greatest guys. Srsly. Sherwood is soooooo good and he will get the best out of Benteke. dont you know the power of Bent? first Bent, then bentdner, now Benteke. you will see.. he will score 84 goals and be probably better than Messi. If you do not see this you are a

-Glory Hunter

-Racist

-Sex Offender

-Idiot

- thats all i can think ive seen people slag each other out here for in the last 24 hours, but ill add more.

Benteke to 99.

Peace.[/quote']

Shut up Meg!Cam! :)

Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola, 44, has reportedly agreed to become Manchester City's new manager in the summer. (BeIn Sports via Manchester Evening News)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-guardiola-agrees-coach-man-9224087

City, however, have dismissed the speculation as "nonsense". (Star on Sunday)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/441253/Man-City-eye-Pep-Guardiola-availability-Bayern-Munich-slump

Love the gossip haha.

Impressed by Pantilimon this season' date=' the Romanian goalkeeper helped

Sunderland to remain in Premier League with 9 clean sheets in 26 games.

One more good season at Sunderland and he can move to a better team.

[/center']

Not so sure about that, he's a decent shot stopper but he's made some howlers and his all round game isn't anything above Sunderland's level. I think Sunderland could do better, and he's doing pretty well for himself to get regular Premier League football. Anyone with any aspirations of doing anything other than avoiding relegation won't be looking at him as anything more than a back up.

Couldn't put it better. Deserve to stay' date=' which could not be said for Newcastle or Sunderland. Big shame.[/quote']

How do they deserve to stay up? I'm sure most neutral fans would have liked to seen them defy the odds but they clearly weren't good enough for this level, organisation can only get you so far.

QPR really need to start afresh' date=' but that's a lot easier said than done given the wages some of their players are used to earning (wages that no other club would get near to giving them).[/quote']

Just release them all and pay off their contracts.... oh wait....

There goes the parachute payment then. :D