Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Hull are visiting Dr Tottenham next week so that'll be a win which will set us up for an exciting final day' date=' hopefully.[/quote']
And then Hull play Man Utd. Cruel schedule. At least it's at home.

just saying with both teams form (admittedly Hulls isnt amazing) youd fancy them to get in win in one of those 2 games.

So it seems Pardew's bubble has finally burst with 4 successive defeats, okay he has played two top four clubs in that time but has also lost to Hull and W.B.A.

Seems he has never had a plan b all along. While he was using the pace to counter sides initially all teams have done is drop a little deeper to nullify any threat of pace and it has worked a treat and leaving Pardew looking as inept as he was on Tyneside.

An interesting statistic when comparing his home record to Warnocks:

Under Warnock in all competitions at home:

Played 10

Won 2

Drew 2

Lost 6

Goals for: 12

Goals against 17

Pardew's home record for Palace

Played 10

Won 3

Drew 1

Lost 6

Goals for 11

Goals against 16.

Hardly a step up from Warnock if we were to base it on home form however they have done far better away. Palace fans will click on sooner or later that he really is nothing special although he is Jose Mourinho compared to John Carver.

So it seems Pardew's bubble has finally burst with 4 successive defeats' date=' okay he has played two top four clubs in that time but has also lost to Hull and W.B.A.

Seems he has never had a plan b all along. While he was using the pace to counter sides initially all teams have done is drop a little deeper to nullify any threat of pace and it has worked a treat and leaving Pardew looking as inept as he was on Tyneside.

Played 10

Won 2

Drew 2

Lost 6

Goals against 17

Played 10

Won 3

Drew 1

Lost 6

Goals for 11

Goals against 16.

Hardly a step up from Warnock if we were to base it on home form however they have done far better away. Palace fans will click on sooner or later that he really is nothing special although he is Jose Mourinho compared to John Carver.[/font']

I've never really been able to understand him. You guys finished what, 5th or 6th with him a few seasons ago? I just don't get it.

So it seems Pardew's bubble has finally burst with 4 successive defeats' date=' okay he has played two top four clubs in that time but has also lost to Hull and W.B.A.

Played 10

Won 2

Drew 2

Lost 6

Goals against 17

Played 10

Won 3

Drew 1

Lost 6

Goals for 11

Goals against 16.

Hardly a step up from Warnock if we were to base it on home form however they have done far better away. Palace fans will click on sooner or later that he really is nothing special although he is Jose Mourinho compared to John Carver.[/font']

The extra few points at home and away could be the difference between staying up or going down as it is so tight down there, he is no Mourinho but he has saved them this season and that is all that counts, when he has a chance to but some players and shape the team for a full term then he can be better judged.

you got it wrong in some areas as Warnock came in 27th August until 27th December

Played 10 9

Won 2 2

Drew 2 2

Lost 6 5

Goals for: 12 11

Goals against 17 14

Played 10

Won 3

Drew 1

Lost 6

Goals for 11

Goals against 16. 15

The pattern kinda similar

Hull are visiting Dr Tottenham next week so that'll be a win which will set us up for an exciting final day' date=' hopefully.[/quote']

Spurs were shocking against Stoke,so I expect a performance from them.Still looks a tall order for Hull with Man Utd to play them too..

The extra few points at home and away could be the difference between staying up or going down as it is so tight down there' date=' he is no Mourinho but he has saved them this season and that is all that counts, when he has a chance to but some players and shape the team for a full term then he can be better judged.[/quote']

I imagine he will bring in players that work hard as he is not one for flair players (treatment of Cabella is a prime example) he prefers players who play the game much like himself. He would much rather have a team full of Milner's rather than Messi's, to need to strike a balance. You are right judge hum at rhe end of next season but I will eat my hat if Palace progress beyond what has been achieved this season.

you got it wrong in some areas as Warnock came in 27th August until 27th December

Played 10 9

Won 2 2

Drew 2 2

Lost 6 5

Goals for: 12 11

Goals against 17 14

Played 10

Won 3

Drew 1

Lost 6

Goals for 11

Goals against 16. 15

The pattern kinda similar

I actually quoted those stats off a Palace fan' date=' I never took the time to check for myself but if what you say is correct my point still stands that his home form is every bit as woeful as Warnock's was and this recent run of defeats is proof he does not have the tactical nous to switch things up.[/font']

Played 10

Won 2

Drew 2

Lost 6

Goals against 17

Played 10

Won 3

Drew 1

Lost 6

Goals for 11

Goals against 16.

I really like Pardew tbh. LvG got defeated by WBA and Rodgers by Hull but this doesn't change the fact that LvG and Rodgers are far better managers than Pulis and Bruce are. Moreover, the counter attacking game of Palace is very watchable and I would say they easily deserved a point against United. I didn't saw the Hull or the WBA game so can't say much but I am sure they wouldn't have been dominated there.

Although, the stats say otherwise but Palace were getting totally dominated under Warnock which isn't always the case with Pardew. I'd also be inclined to see the teams that he faced at Home and which of the two had a more tougher schedule.

hahaha oh what a day' date=' pardiola with another quality result, never could beat sunderland with newcastle, first time against them with palace he wins 4-1

shout out bolasie for a quality hat-trick

only 1 point behind west ham and stoke now[/quote']

Wonder why this was your last post on this thread :rolleyes:

If we were to get a win tonight, I'd back us to end up getting in to the Europa League, obviously a difficult feat.

Looking at the line up, it's either Gylfi Sigurdsson as the false nine or Jonjo Shelvey as a more natural number nine. Pleased Montero's starting who'll cause Arsenal problems.

Expecting a closely fought game today, think we'll get point.

Good to see another home game for Arsenal sold out

So the question is' date=' who will buy Austin and for how much?[/quote']

He'd be welcome at Villa

QPR really need to start afresh' date=' but that's a lot easier said than done given the wages some of their players are used to earning (wages that no other club would get near to giving them).[/quote']

A lot of their useless big earners are out of contract this summer so they have an opportunity to start a fresh