bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

It's all about him' date=' just like it always has been. Delighted with my decision not to go out and watch both matches in town, the day trippers with their horrific half Liverpool, half LA Galaxy scarfs would have been unbearable.[/quote']

The funniest part was Redknapp saying he was better than Scholes, Keane, Viera and Lampard put together. I think I just died a little when I heard that.

The funniest part was Redknapp saying he was better than Scholes' date=' Keane, Viera and Lampard put together. I think I just died a little when I heard that.[/quote']

Can't stand Redknapp, he's the epitome of biased.

The funniest part was Redknapp saying he was better than Scholes' date=' Keane, Viera and Lampard put together. I think I just died a little when I heard that.[/quote']

The only good thing about Redknapp's comment today is that mathematicians have managed to find a number infinitely smaller than 0 in order to describe how much credibility he has as a pundit now.

It's called a Knapper.

Absolute joke of a statement. Everyone knows Gerrard is good, but not up there with the absolute best in the PL. He is a legend in Liverpool but staying at one club isn't even unique and technically he's not even done that now with his move to LA.

His status at the club is assured, and rightly so, thanks his CL exploit but when it comes down to it he never won the PL. If he was THAT good (better than those midfielders combined) then he's single handedly be winning the league for any club. My goodness people lose sight of reality when a bit of a spectacle is made.

Anyway I personally think the guard of honour was a nice touch, I would have supported something similar for Scholes, Giggs and Neville but IMO those guys are far more unique than Gerrard. They stayed from beginning to end with the club winning everything there is to win along the way whereas Gerrard is leaving for one last money grab in the USA.

I'm a huge fan of Gerrard BTW before anyone says 'UNITED BIAS OMG' I just think his achievements need to be put into context, he was a great player in an very good team, but the lack of a PL medal will IMO forever taint his career. Certainly a PL great, but nowhere near the greatest and there isn't a single argument to suggest otherwise.

The only good thing about Redknapp's comment today is that mathematicians have managed to find a number infinitely smaller than 0 in order to describe how much credibility he has as a pundit now.

It's called a Knapper.

Absolute joke of a statement. Everyone knows Gerrard is good' date=' but not up there with the absolute best in the PL. He is a legend in Liverpool but staying at one club isn't even unique and technically he's not even done that now with his move to NY.

His status at the club is assured, and rightly so, thanks his CL exploit but when it comes down to it he never won the PL. If he was THAT good (better than those midfielders combined) then he's single handedly be winning the league for any club. My goodness people lose sight of reality when a bit of a spectacle is made.

Anyway I personally think the guard of honour was a nice touch, I would have supported something similar for Scholes, Giggs and Neville but IMO those guys are far more unique than Gerrard. They stayed from beginning to end with the club whereas Gerrard is leaving for one last money grab in the USA.

I'm a huge fan of Gerrard BTW before anyone says 'UNITED BIAS OMG' I just think his achievements need to be put into context, he was a great player in an very good team, but the lack of a PL medal will IMO forever taint his career. Certainly a PL great, but nowhere near the greatest and there isn't a single argument to suggest otherwise.[/quote']

I wrote a long them lines in the Liverpool thread and people were insulting, saying I had no respect etc

I wrote a long them lines in the Liverpool thread and people were insulting' date=' saying I had no respect etc[/quote']

No. You wrote nothing but nonsensical comments in the Liverpool thread and every comment was always twice as dumb as the last.

No. You wrote nothing but nonsensical comments in the Liverpool thread and every comment was always twice as dumb as the last.

You must be blind then

I mention that Gerrard not retiring and going to USA, so that it not 1 man club and you n matt etc bite my head off

I mention there was nothing like this for Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Raul etc and got i have no respect blah blah

Ben C said most things I have said but no 1 really biting his head off

It's called a Knapper.

Absolute joke of a statement. Everyone knows Gerrard is good' date=' but not up there with the absolute best in the PL. He is a legend in Liverpool but staying at one club isn't even unique and technically he's not even done that now with his move to NY.

Anyway I personally think the guard of honour was a nice touch, I would have supported something similar for Scholes, Giggs and Neville but IMO those guys are far more unique than Gerrard. They stayed from beginning to end with the club whereas Gerrard is leaving for one last money grab in the USA.

I'm a huge fan of Gerrard BTW before anyone says 'UNITED BIAS OMG' I just think his achievements need to be put into context, he was a great player in an very good team, but the lack of a PL medal will IMO forever taint his career. Certainly a PL great, but nowhere near the greatest and there isn't a single argument to suggest otherwise.[/quote']

Zidane " he has great passing ability, can tackle and score goals,but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief.

You can't learn that,players like him are just born with that presence, yeah I'd say he's one of the best"

Zidane " he has great passing ability' date=' can tackle and score goals,but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief.

You can't learn that,players like him are just born with that presence, yeah I'd say he's one of the best"[/quote']

Just because Zinedine Zidane (or anyone reputed for that matter) said something, doesn't mean it's true.

I'd take his opinion over 90 per cent of the nutters on here.

Okay, in that case I'll call Hernandez's celebration after scoring the winning goal against Atlético wrong as well.

After all, Henry said it, so I should believe it, right?

Okay' date=' in that case I'll call Hernandez's celebration after scoring the winning goal against Atlético wrong as well.

After all, Henry said it, so I should believe it, right?[/quote']

Who cares?

The commentary was embarrassing. Gagging for a Gerrard goal

Zidane " he has great passing ability' date=' can tackle and score goals,but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief.

You can't learn that,players like him are just born with that presence, yeah I'd say he's one of the best"[/quote']

My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation

Zidane.

Okay' date=' in that case I'll call Hernandez's celebration after scoring the winning goal against Atlético wrong as well.

After all, Henry said it, so I should believe it, right?[/quote']

Believe what you want,I've had the pleasure of watching Gerard in action.

Don't really care what you think or believe.

Really don't care.

Believe what you want' date='I've had the pleasure of watching Gerard in action.

Don't really care what you think or believe.

Really don't care.[/quote']

I can live with that. After all, you aren't the love of my life or anything.

And just so you know, I know how good a player Gerrard is, but that isn't what my previous comment was about.

Selective reading seems to be an (unwelcome) trend on this forum.

One of the best is the quote' date='

Not the best.

I like the Scholes quote,deserved in my opinion.[/quote']

I think it's a bit pointless bringing up quotes from anyone as a means of argument. Yeah, sure, they are ex players and know a lot more than us but if that's going to be the line of argument might as well shut down football forums. What do we know after all compared to managers and players who play and manage week in week out at the top level?

Just my opinion of course.

I can live with that. After all' date=' you aren't the love of my life or anything.

And just so you know, I know how good a player Gerrard is, but that isn't what my previous comment was about.

Selective reading seems to be an (unwelcome) trend on this forum.[/quote']

There is ALWAYS selective reading on this forum,some people would make great journalists here. :P

I think it's a bit pointless bringing up quotes from anyone as a means of argument. Yeah' date=' sure, they are ex players and know a lot more than us but if that's going to be the line of argument might as well shut down football forums. [b']What do we know after all compared to managers and players who play and manage week in week out at the top level?[/b]

Just my opinion of course.

A lot, as at the end of the day they play for us; we don't pay to see them play. Any passionate fan would be able to build up a significant knowledge just by watching his/her favourite team play week in, week out.