Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

At 2-0 up already it is definitely first blood to Norwich.Would definitely be good to see Redmond playing week in week out in the Premier' date=' exciting talent but not as exciting as Alex Neil as a manager.[/quote']

Yeah, saw the scoreline.

Too early for my liking, hope there is last minute drama to this final play-off, with Middlesbrough pulling a last minute winner, could really use a new face next season in Premier League.

Didn't Redmond playing regularly last season tho?

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

I know be enlarge it's the same players, but there's a completely different mentality to the way they play under Neil then they did under Hughton.

They're a far more attacking side now, and I think they'd do well. This style of play suits the likes of Redmond, Howson, Hoolahan and Johnson far more then the dire stuff they were playing at the end of there last time out in the Premier League.

Cant help but think this Norwich team will come straight back down if they do indeed come up.
Amen. I kinda feel the same with both of these sides, would depend how they recruit in the Summer- Tomlin is a classly little player tho. I like Johnson too.

Thank god that season is finished, terrible season all round. Hopefully we can get back to playing like we were last year although going off a fan interview that was released today it doesn't seem like we will have much to spend (which is ridiculous considering the TV deal).

Yeah' date=' saw the scoreline.

Too early for my liking, hope there is last minute drama to this final play-off, with Middlesbrough pulling a last minute winner, could really use a new face next season in Premier League.

[b']Didn't Redmond playing regularly last season tho?[/b]

Yeah he did but it was his first season for Norwich, his first season in the Premier League and he was only nineteen at the seasons start so I think he will be a much better player next season if they get there as he has improved significantly as a player since then.

Cant help but think this Norwich team will come straight back down if they do indeed come up.
Amen. I kinda feel the same with both of these sides' date=' would depend how they recruit in the Summer- Tomlin is a classly little player tho. I like Johnson too.[/quote']

Norwich done well the last time they were promoted season 2011/12, they went on to finish twelfth then eleventh before succumbing to relegation for their eighteenth place finish.There are a few sides they are capable of finishing three to six points ahead of especially if they do a few deals, I would have a pre-season bet on them staying up if the odds were tempting enough.Obviously they still have to nail that promotion place yet.

Thank god that season is finished' date=' terrible season all round. Hopefully we can get back to playing like we were last year although going off a fan interview that was released today it doesn't seem like we will have much to spend (which is ridiculous considering the TV deal).[/quote']

What's the chances of you stumping up for Lennon?

Depends how much you want. Can't see us paying anymore than £5m-£6m. Think our main target is Deulofeu.

In regards of loanee, whatever happened to Atsu?

Have such high hope for him earlier this season. Seems hardly involved in Everton campaign this season.

I read some report while ago, Chelsea would not be so keen anymore to provide another loan deal for Everton, after lack of involvement of Atsu in Everton first team. Apparently there is agreement of Atsu would be given first team experience while on loan, and it didn't turned out as Chelsea have hope.

Not to sure about this report tho, might be bull.

In regards of loanee' date=' whatever happened to Atsu?

Have such high hope for him earlier this season. Seems hardly involved in Everton campaign this season.

I read some report while ago, Chelsea would not be so keen anymore to provide another loan deal for Everton, after lack of involvement of Atsu in Everton first team. Apparently there is agreement of Atsu would be given first team experience while on loan, and it didn't turned out as Chelsea have hope.

Not to sure about this report tho, might be bull.[/quote']

He just failed to impress with the chances he was given, a mixture of injuries and the ACON also limited his games.

In regards of loanee' date=' whatever happened to Atsu?

Not to sure about this report tho, might be bull.[/quote']

He impressed at Porto and we decided to try an aggressive loan a la Lukaku, whilst im sure some guarantees about first team football were included, if he couldn't get in over an under performing Mcgeady and Pienarr in an under performing Everton he clearly wouldn't cut it at Chelsea. We paid 4m for him and we will easily double that. I think Everton remains a good side to test our players with an aggressive loan.

He impressed at Porto and we decided to try an aggressive loan a la Lukaku' date=' whilst im sure some guarantees about first team football were included, if he couldn't get in over an under performing Mcgeady and Pienarr in an under performing Everton he clearly wouldn't cut it at Chelsea. We paid 4m for him and we will easily double that. I think Everton remains a good side to test our players with an aggressive loan.[/quote']

He didn't even get in the side when Pienaar and McGeady were injured and Mirallas was our only winger.

He just failed to impress with the chances he was given' date=' a mixture of injuries and the ACON also limited his games.[/quote']

Think he would do well if given more time to adapt in PL, certainly have the strength and pace to compete.

One thing usually let him down is his decision making - imo he need to improved it if he want to draw a line between being a flashy winger and effective winger.

He impressed at Porto and we decided to try an aggressive loan a la Lukaku' date=' whilst im sure some guarantees about first team football were included, if he couldn't get in over an under performing Mcgeady and Pienarr in an under performing Everton he clearly wouldn't cut it at Chelsea. We paid 4m for him and we will easily double that. I think Everton remains a good side to test our players with an aggressive loan.[/quote']

Can always loan him out to Eredivisie just to increase his value again, if needed be.

With Everton constant experiment with loanee RW, (I know it would be highly unlikely) but I would not mind seeing Salah moving there next season in a loan deal.

Think he would do well if given more time to adapt in PL' date=' certainly have the strength and pace to compete.

One thing usually let him down is his decision making - imo he need to improved it if he want to draw a line between being a flashy winger and effective winger.

Can always loan him out to Eredivisie just to increase his value again, if needed be.

With Everton constant experiment with loanee RW, (I know it would be highly unlikely) but I would not mind seeing [b']Salah moving there next season in a loan deal.[/b]

There is almost zero chance of that happening. Either Fiorentina will activate the buyout clause or Chelsea will selling him for big fee. There simply no benefit for Chelsea to loan him again

Can always loan him out to Eredivisie just to increase his value again' date=' if needed be.[/quote']

I think we will loan him again, maybe to Lille or Portugal as i hear we are looking to start a similar relationships there.

There is almost zero chance of that happening. Either Fiorentina will activate the buyout clause or Chelsea will selling him for big fee. There simply no benefit for Chelsea to loan him again

I think Fiorentina will take up the option to buy, he has been superb for them.

Yup, like I said highly unlikely of situation.

Not aware of the buyout clause, but you are right - "Fiorentina hold an option to extend Salah’s loan for another season beyond this one, and another to buy him outright for a reported €16m in 2016."

Certainly no brainer, given what they got from selling Cuadrado earlier.

Bournemouth in the Premier League' date=' West Ham qualifying for the Europa League on fair play and Rafa Benitez looking likely to be the Real Madrid boss these are some crazy days. :eek:[/quote']

Now the only question is, does Rafa last for one season or two seasons?