bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Now the only question is' date=' does Rafa last for one season or two seasons?[/quote']

The way things are going at Real (only three La Liga titles in last twelve years and only one in last seven) the usual manager selection process has maybe been altered, myself I think Rafa could do a good job.He likes to rotate players and Real have a squad big enough for rotation to work.The last time he managed in his homeland he was successful at Valencia with two titles in three seasons and we all know he has a decent record in the Champions League.

Yes Rafa may seem a strange choice but it could turn out to be a REAL masterstroke.

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread

The way things are going at Real (only three La Liga titles in last twelve years and only one in last seven) the usual manager selection process has maybe been altered' date=' myself I think Rafa could do a good job.He likes to rotate players and Real have a squad big enough for rotation to work.The last time he managed in his homeland he was successful at Valencia with two titles in three seasons and we all know he has a decent record in the Champions League.

Yes Rafa may seem a strange choice [b']but it could turn out to be a REAL masterstroke.[/b]

bad pun is bad.

[uSER=14139]swanseajack[/uSER] Heard a few rumours the last few days that Luke Garbutt is on his way to you lot. Heard anything from the Swansea end?

No and I don't think it's likely, we've offered him a contract but he's after regular football and would be much more likely to get that at Bournemouth. Would be very pleased if we managed to get him, not done much at Everton but has impressed me for England U21's and looks talented.

Well it seems that McClaren is ready to become Newcastle's next manager. No real surprise in all honesty and I for one welcome it, better than Carver and Pardew before that. An excellent coach who certainly has an eye for young talent, only problem I envisage is Ashley not backing him with the cash to bring in the players we so desperately need.

Well it seems that McClaren is ready to become Newcastle's next manager. No real surprise in all honesty and I for one welcome it' date=' better than Carver and Pardew before that. An excellent coach who certainly has an eye for young talent, only problem I envisage is Ashley not backing him with the cash to bring in the players we so desperately need.[/quote']

Well, seeing the players you previously brought in when you had the money, im not surprised he isnt allowing a 'free cash flow' into the upcoming summer transfer season.

Well' date=' seeing the players you previously brought in when you had the money, im not surprised he isnt allowing a 'free cash flow' into the upcoming summer transfer season.[/quote']

Ashley was never going to give him a 'free cash flow' though, net profit plus seasons earnings from EPL and TV revenue is close to 100 million, would be nice to think he would pump that into buying players however that is highly unlikely to happen.

Ashley was never going to give him a 'free cash flow' though' date=' net profit plus seasons earnings from EPL and TV revenue is close to 100 million, would be nice to think he would pump that into buying players however that is highly unlikely to happen.[/quote']

Seeing the moltitude of players currently in the team, i think he first wants to unload some players and with those money finance new ones, im sure he would add some of the earned money to that if he sees a good cleanup of the current team

Seeing the moltitude of players currently in the team' date=' i think he first wants to unload some players and with those money finance new ones, im sure he would add some of the earned money to that if he sees a good cleanup of the current team[/quote']

Thing is players have not been replaced, Yanga Mbiwa went Santon as well albeit on loan, no depth at CB and Williamson will leave, replaced by Lascelles. Colo seemed disinterested, Taylor (Stevie) is a crock. Ryan Taylor released Jonas released, Vuckic, Bigirimana, Ferguson all to be released. Ok the last three were not getting a look in but if we have a clear out we can't make the same mistakes as we have previously. At least two centre backs are required as well as 2 strikers a creative midfielder and a LB and that is before any players leave. Taylor and Jonas were getting game time, perhaps more through necessity however that is 2 players that need replacing on top of a minimum of 6 in to add depth so 8 players at present.

So we sign Cleverley, not the greatest player but he should be a decent squad player for us and will provide good cover for the CM positions and out wide if needed. Just pleased we are starting early, hopefully Deulofeu, a CAM and a CB are now brought in.

So we sign Cleverley' date=' not the greatest player but he should be a decent squad player for us and will provide good cover for the CM positions and out wide if needed. Just pleased we are starting early, hopefully Deulofeu, a CAM and a CB are now brought in.[/quote']

Evans from United would be the ideal CB for you lot, well, for a Everton kind and of team Evans bits the bill perfectly. ?

No he doesn't and I can't see him wanting to join us to sit on the bench.

Everton has been linked with him as well as Villa - won't be shocked if Swansea, West Ham or Stoke tries to sign him

He might be ideal as your CB except Stones are aging, that is if Stones stays

Evans has Experience at top level and Martinez could get best out of him

Everton has been linked with him as well as Villa - won't be shocked if Swansea' date=' West Ham or Stoke tries to sign him

He might be ideal as your CB except Stones are aging, that is if Stones stays

Evans has Experience at top level and Martinez could get best out of him[/quote']

Read what I said. He would not start for us so why would he swap the United bench for the Everton one? Yes we need a centre back as we have released Distin and Alcaraz (they both weren't great last year anyway) but Jagielka is the captain and just got named player of the year and has a few more years left in him. Stones is easily the best young English defender so we would be stupid to drop him and I don't think we will sell him this year either as it makes much more sense to sell him and the likes of Barkley and Lukaku after the Euro's next year. Finally the price quoted is ridiculous so I can't see us paying that for a back up.

Read what I said. He would not start for us so why would he swap the United bench for the Everton one? Yes we need a centre back as we have released Distin and Alcaraz (they both weren't great last year anyway) but Jagielka is the captain and just got named player of the year and has a few more years left in him. Stones is easily the best young English defender so we would be stupid to drop him and I don't think we will sell him this year either as it makes much more sense to sell him and the likes of Barkley and Lukaku after the Euro's next year. Finally the price quoted is ridiculous so I can't see us paying that for a back up.

Reason is that Evans dropping down the starting line for United and if United buy another CB than he pushed back more whereas in Everton, he stands a chance

What if Stones gets another injury again? or Jagielka picks up an injury? no replacements

Everton had the 2nd highest amount of injures with 45

Reason is that Evans dropping down the starting line for United and if United buy another CB than he pushed back more whereas in Everton' date=' he stands a chance

What if Stones gets another injury again? or Jagielka picks up an injury? no replacements

Everton had the 2nd highest amount of injures with 45

[/quote']

So you think he's going to leave looking for football to sit on the bench and hope someone gets injured? Really?..