bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Ogf all the transfers that get talked about Clasie to Soton just works. Right skill level' date=' right price, would fit in ther eawesomely, just sold Schniederlin etc etrc. I really think Clasie will happen for Soton.[/quote']

Clasie did happen. That's a very good transfer for Soton, replacement for Schneiderlin.

Mitrovic having his medical at Newcastle. Can he bring his form from Anderlecht to the premier league remains to be seen however I am extremely excited at the prospect of seeing both him and Wijnaldum in a toon shirt. More players will come in before the first game of the season and I still hope to see Austin as well as a couple of centre backs in before the season kicks off.

Mitrovic having his medical at Newcastle. Can he bring his form from Anderlecht to the premier league remains to be seen however I am extremely excited at the prospect of seeing both him and Wijnaldum in a toon shirt. More players will come in before the first game of the season and I still hope to see Austin as well as a couple of centre backs in before the season kicks off.

From someone who follows the Jupiler Pro League on a regular basis, I can assure you that you're getting a very decent player. Much like Mauro Icardi - loads of talent, but a questionable attitude. Hope he does well though.

Another summer of good Newcastle signings by the looks. PLease dont fail tremedousl again. If you have Wij' date=' Mitrovic and even Austin surely tht has to be a top 7 finish.[/quote']

I wouldn't say a top 7 finish, while it will have gone a long way to solving our goal scoring problems it still leaves us with a weak defence thst just loves to concede goals. At least 2 centre backs should be priority now.

This is a joke right?

They have had Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba and many others over a short period of time that hav eplayed very well but Newcastle seem to find a way to capitulate. Lets say the 3 i meantion, + De Jong, Ayoze, Janmaat and co there is no reason why Newcastle cannot compete on the same level as Southampton/Swansea level sides

I don't think Newcastle are on that level yet - if they go on a bad run, fans turn which effect players, Managers keep changing. Newcastle defence isnt secure enough. I think last year i predicted them to be a surprise package. Newcastle has a bad starting 5 games which might get fans on their backs. I predict a finish of 11th-9th

Contenders(excluding top 6) - Everton, Southampton, West Ham, Stoke, Swansea, C.Palace

Everton - Strong side, aiming to get back to Europe

Southampton - Strong side, want Europe Football - no Schneiderlain also big miss is Forster

West Ham - New faces in side but I think if they get far in Europe, might hinder the league performances

Stoke - Normally around the 9th place mark, no team likes going to Stoke - no Begovic this year, who knows

Swansea - Been kinda under the radar but been getting close to Europe

C.Palace - Good side just lacking that 20 goal a season scorer and maybe keeper, predict them mid table

If you want to Predict (without top 6) Newcastle are 20/1

Watched the Barclays Asia Trophy yesterday live in the stadium. Everton fans mainly in my stand, atmosphere they created was great. Glad to have watched Cech's debut for Arsenal.

Stoke v Singapore was rather sluggish, Stoke scored two but they didn't look rather convincing.

Arsenal v Everton had everything, some good goals as well (especially Barkley's, I had a bird eye view of it, it was on my end). Everton unlucky with an onside goal ruled out offside just before half-time, game may have been more closer. Arsenal went more defensive towards the end, as expected.

Santi and Ozil partnership was beautiful to watch. Santi's goal- what skill. His through ball for Walcott's goal was also great.

Joel Robles also kept rather well. Cech too, was solid. He'll save 10 points a season for Arsenal.

All three PL sides did decent, hope these sides visit Singapore more often. The 52,107 strong crowd really created a great atmosphere. All-round fun.

For those who'll never see a PL game in England live, this was as good as it can get.

Watched the Barclays Asia Trophy yesterday in the stadium. Everton fans mainly in my stand' date=' atmosphere they created was great. Glad to have watched Cech's debut for Arsenal.

Stoke v Singapore was rather sluggish, Stoke scored two but they didn't look rather convincing.

Arsenal v Everton had everything, some good goals as well (especially Barkley's, I had a bird eye view of it, it was on my end). Everton unlucky with an onside goal ruled out offside just before half-time, game may have been more closer. Arsenal went more defensive towards the end, as expected.

Santi and Ozil partnership was beautiful to watch. Santi's goal- what skill. His through ball for Walcott's goal was also great.

Joel Robles also kept rather well. Cech too, was solid. He'll save 10 points a season for Arsenal.

All three PL sides did decent, hope these sides visit Singapore more often. The 52,107 strong crowd really created a great atmosphere. All-round fun.

For those who'll never see a PL game in England live, this was as good as it can get.[/quote']

So did you go to the game?

I don't think Newcastle are on that level yet - if they go on a bad run' date=' fans turn which effect players, Managers keep changing. Newcastle defence isnt secure enough. I think last year i predicted them to be a surprise package. Newcastle has a bad starting 5 games which might get fans on their backs. I predict a finish of 11th-9th

Contenders(excluding top 6) - Everton, Southampton, West Ham, Stoke, Swansea, C.Palace

Everton - Strong side, aiming to get back to Europe

Southampton - Strong side, want Europe Football - no Schneiderlain also big miss is Forster

West Ham - New faces in side but I think if they get far in Europe, might hinder the league performances

Stoke - Normally around the 9th place mark, no team likes going to Stoke - no Begovic this year, who knows

C.Palace - Good side just lacking that 20 goal a season scorer and maybe keeper, predict them mid table

If you want to Predict (without top 6) Newcastle are 20/1[/quote']

First off when a club goes on a bad run or does not perform to fans expectations then all fans turn, especially on the manager, I will use Man United fans as an example and the way they treat Moyes. Your second point about managers keep changing, well Pardew was second longest serving manager whilst at Newcastle in the Premier League after Arsene Wenger, in that time Man United have had 3 managers.

I did mention about how weak we were last season defensively and SM will most certainly address that before the season kicks off that much I am assure of. I think it is an unfair judgement to say Newcastle are not on the same level as the aforementioned teams even before the transfer window has closed and the season has yet to kick off, Christmas time will be a good time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Ashley as a club owner has got a lot of things wrong, but what he has done is got us on a better financial footing no denying that. This the club is making a huge statement of intent than under previous seasons under his ownership by actually bringing in a coach who has brought in the staff he wants working directly with the first team.I for one am extremely excited at the appointments of Paul Simpson and especially Ian Cathro as assistant coaches, Steve Black as consultant who is held in high regard both in and out of footballing circles and Alessandro Schoenmaker the fitness coach who is also thought very highly of in footballing circles, all of this bodes well in terms of continuity and squad togetherness which has been sadly lacking in the past. You seem to forget what a great coach Mclaren is, who was held in such high regard by SAF himself.

I don't think Newcastle are on that level yet - if they go on a bad run' date=' fans turn which effect players, Managers keep changing. Newcastle defence isnt secure enough. I think last year i predicted them to be a surprise package. Newcastle has a bad starting 5 games which might get fans on their backs. I predict a finish of 11th-9th

[b']Everton - Strong side, aiming to get back to Europe

Southampton - Strong side, want Europe Football - no Schneiderlain also big miss is Forster[/b]

If you want to Predict (without top 6) Newcastle are 20/1

Castle 20/1 with no top 6 is decent money imo. Not syaing they will finish 7th but i think they should be competing for it and 20/1 is awesome odds imo. I put palace top 10 last season and made solid money off that despite being miels off at the time, i might put one on at 20/1. Soke always storong but never 7th. 9-11 is where id have them . Dont fancyt WHU either think they were a flash in the pan early last year. Id say your 7th is between the bolded ones and newcastle imo. who know though could be Watford for all we know!

First off when a club goes on a bad run or does not perform to fans expectations then all fans turn' date=' especially on the manager, I will use Man United fans as an example and the way they treat Moyes. Your second point about managers keep changing, well Pardew was second longest serving manager whilst at Newcastle in the Premier League after Arsene Wenger, in that time Man United have had 3 managers.

I did mention about how weak we were last season defensively and SM will most certainly address that before the season kicks off that much I am assure of. I think it is an unfair judgement to say Newcastle are not on the same level as the aforementioned teams even before the transfer window has closed and the season has yet to kick off, Christmas time will be a good time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

[/quote']

Man United, Fergie retired, Moyes was a weak failure, LVG at least got the strict ruthless in him. I meant about Newcastle is in recent seasons, the fans have turned on Ashley, Padrew, Performances etc and it normally happens. Will it happen this season, less likely as Ashley splashed cash

United was right to treat Moyes badly, he was never a winner.

You might think its an unfair judgement before a ball is kicked, with recent seasons Everton, Southampton, Swansea been pushing for high places and Europe, now West Ham, Stoke(maybe) and Palace(good buys) are pushing. I thought Newcastle would be surprise package last year but how wrong was I, I'm just basing Newcastle ain't on the same level as the first 3 teams because of consistency each year.

Man United' date=' Fergie retired, Moyes was a weak failure, LVG at least got the strict ruthless in him. I meant about Newcastle is in recent seasons, the fans have turned on Ashley, Padrew, Performances etc and it normally happens. Will it happen this season, less likely as Ashley splashed cash

United was right to treat Moyes badly, he was never a winner.

You might think its an unfair judgement before a ball is kicked, with recent seasons Everton, Southampton, Swansea been pushing for high places and Europe, now West Ham, Stoke(maybe) and Palace(good buys) are pushing. I thought Newcastle would be surprise package last year but how wrong was I, I'm just basing Newcastle ain't on the same level as the first 3 teams because of consistency each year.

[/quote']

I was merely pointing out a few facts to you, clearly went straight over your head as they always do.

I also went on to state why I believe we are a totally different outfit this season than previous ones under the Pardew regime, new coach, new back room staff, new philosophy. Will look to play football the right way rather than the negative way under Pardew.

Started to address the areas that needed it which was up front with the signing of Mitrovic, goalscoring midfielder in Wijnaldum and will now address the issues defensively. It is naive to think we will not be battling it out for a top 10 finish with those clubs already mentioned and I will certainly take a 10th placed finish at this moment in time, at least it would be a step in the right direction.

I was merely pointing out a few facts to you' date=' clearly went straight over your head as they always do.

I also went on to state why I believe we are a totally different outfit this season than previous ones under the Pardew regime, new coach, new back room staff, new philosophy. Will look to play football the right way rather than the negative way under Pardew.

Started to address the areas that needed it which was up front with the signing of Mitrovic, goalscoring midfielder in Wijnaldum and will now address the issues defensively. It is naive to think we will not be battling it out for a top 10 finish with those clubs already mentioned and I will certainly take a 10th placed finish at this moment in time, at least it would be a step in the right direction.[/quote']

I truly want to belive but have been disapointed in the past. Once bitten twice shyas tehy say. Hope they can perform this season. Ill be watching with interest.

I truly want to belive but have been disapointed in the past. Once bitten twice shyas tehy say. Hope they can perform this season. Ill be watching with interest.

They need a new ownership before I'll become a believer in the hope for a better future.

Nice to see Newcastle spend some cash and the two players brought in look to have a quality and a possible decent resale if they don't turn out to work in the Premier' date=' another decent signing at the back and I can see them having a decent season.[/quote']

Chancel Mbemba seems to be joining Newcastle soon.