bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Even tho it's extremely unlikely, I'd love to see Leicester win the Prem.

What a fantastic team - in the traditional sense of the word - they are!

They remind me (in a smaller scale, obviously) of Atlético de Madrid in Spain.

No superstars, but very well coached, extremely solidary defensively and super organised.

In Portugal, when a small club has a real chance at winning the league, the stinkin' refs completely shatter their dreams.

It happened to my Braga, twice in the last decade.

The 2 other clubs that were champions in Portugal (Boavista and Belenenses) owe it to external help.

Boavista had a corrupt and tremendously influential chairman.

Belenenses were champions in dictatorship times, where clubs from the capital (Lisbon) were massively favoured by refs.

That's just one more reason why I love undedogs.

Different clubs winning major competitions shake things up and are a breath of fresh air.

If not Leicester, I'd like Spurs to win the Prem.

Just becuase it would be a 1st for me, since I follow football.

I don't have any special admiration for these Spurs tho, as they're just one more club that's been throwing cash at everything that moves.

Why is it extremely unlikely that Leicester win PL? At this point is highly likely to me, its their only competition, while others have EL/CL and/and FA Cup!

Why is it extremely unlikely that Leicester win PL? At this point is highly likely to me, its their only competition, while others have EL/CL and/and FA Cup!

Now it looks more likely, yes.

I was just assessing the quality of their squad, compared to the competition.

But Leicester are brilliant this season.

Now I'm sure they'll get a top 3 finish, which means CL football for them next season.

Spurs would be my favourites right now, but they have a tougher schedule than Leicester and Arsenal.

Arsenal have a 10% chance (at best) of winning the PL imo.

I'm kinda curious to see if Leicester are gonna choke or not.

Hopefully not, coz I'd love to see them be champions.  :)

Leicester deserve the title - People were laughing including me that when they were promoted, Leicester Hierarchy said in 5 years time they be top 5

Unless a sugardaddy ends up buying the club, I reckon this is gonna be a 1 time thing for Leicester.

I can see the likes of Mahrez and Kanté leaving for bigger clubs next season.

Leicester won't probably spend beyond their means next season, even anticipating the income from the CL.

I can't imagine the excitement amongst Leicester fans these days.

I mean, these are fans who would truly appreciate a PL title, much more so than United, City or Chelsea fans, for instance.

It seems unlikely that Leicester will have such a big opportunity to win the PL in the next 50 years (orr more), so I'm really rooting for them.

Yeah In any case the winner this year, Will be a team who have not had league success in some time. Arguably the biggest excitement would come from Arsenal who are always thereabouts and should have had one by now, but Leicester would never have dreamed of this and if i wasnt a Gooner i would be all over the Foxes, it is such an awesome story of the underdog, one of the greatest of modern times tbh. Still hope we do them in though :P

You never see this type of story in the other top 4 countries. In England the money like TV rights etc is spread mostly equal.

Leicester deserves the title coming from an United fan, most consisent and no 1 except Leicester fans thought this.

Top clubs in England need to think about where it gone wrong for their clubs.

Top Clubs need to bring the top players in to compete CL level

Yeah In any case the winner this year, Will be a team who have not had league success in some time. Arguably the biggest excitement would come from Arsenal who are always thereabouts and should have had one by now, but Leicester would never have dreamed of this and if i wasnt a Gooner i would be all over the Foxes, it is such an awesome story of the underdog, one of the greatest of modern times tbh. Still hope we do them in though :P

You know what's the only reason keeping me from really liking Arsenal?

Hints: French, snooty, boring, massively overpaid and tactically clueless.  :D

But this season I'd be rooting for Leicester, coz I love underdogs.

I reckon Arsenal have a slim chance this year, but if they win I'd be happy for you, mate.  :)

You never see this type of story in the other top 4 countries. In England the money like TV rights etc is spread mostly equal.

Leicester deserves the title coming from an United fan, most consisent and no 1 except Leicester fans thought this.

Top clubs in England need to think about where it gone wrong for their clubs.

Top Clubs need to bring the top players in to compete CL level

The more equitable income distribution is just one of the reasons why I consider the Prem the best domestic competition in the world.

That, the atmosphere and the rare bus parking, compared to other leagues like Serie A or the Portuguese league.

Big clubs just need to be smart with their cash, not splashing out on overpriced crap, like Liverpool have been doing for the last 7 or 8 years.

PFA Premier League Team of the Year 2016

De Gea

Bellerin - Morgan - Alderwieireld - Rose

Payet - Kante - Alli - Mahrez

Kane - Vardy

De Gea I can see why as without him they would be relegated. But think Gomes, Schmeichel and Butland have all been fantastic.

I'd have gone Huth over Morgan and Fuchs over Rose.

Can't argue with the midfield. De Bruyne next in line then maybe Ozil.

How Aguero has never got been in the TOTY is mind boggling.

De Gea

Kane - Vardy

De Gea I can see why as without him they would be relegated. But think Gomes, Schmeichel and Butland have all been fantastic.

Fuchs can't feel hard done by, but Aguero can't this season Kane and Vardy have been outstanding

Francesco Totti to Leicester, how good would that be?

I think he is much more likely to go to the US but to see him in the EPL even in his declining years would still be quality.

That would be great to see, Totti is Roma through and through though I'd love for him to retire at his boyhood club.

TalentSearcher, I have to disagree, Totti is a King, he can be the Cambiasso. Speaking of whom, must be feeling pretty weird about how Leicester are playing this year. He definitely is one of the reason they are 1st atm, without him they would have been relegated.

De Gea

Kane - Vardy

Can't argue much against this team. de Gea deserves it but Lloris et al. have all been fantastic. 

I would have gone Fuchs over Rose too. Maybe they wanted 4 players each from Leicester and Spurs each.

Ozil, KdB, Aguero can be disappointed they didn't make it but that midfield 4 and front 2 is the best you could possibly have this season.

That would be great to see, Totti is Roma through and through though I'd love for him to retire at his boyhood club.

TalentSearcher, I have to disagree, Totti is a King, he can be the Cambiasso. Speaking of whom, must be feeling pretty weird about how Leicester are playing this year. He definitely is one of the reason they are 1st atm, without him they would have been relegated.

Can't argue much against this team. de Gea deserves it but Lloris et al. have all been fantastic. 

I would have gone Fuchs over Rose too. Maybe they wanted 4 players each from Leicester and Spurs each.

Ozil, KdB, Aguero can be disappointed they didn't make it but that midfield 4 and front 2 is the best you could possibly have this season.

Totti is too old for a striker in the EPL unless ur against a slow defender like Blind

EPL is getting faster and phusical but with Totti knees, 1 dangerous tackle and his career could be over

Team of the season is spot on except for Rose as Fuchs should be in their, shocked Arsenal fans here not saying Montrel as we were arguing about it few months ago

KdB shouldn't be near the team of the year, he been injured and out/in the team

Ozil, no, 1st half the season his many assists, 2nd half of the season hardly nothing - Stats(I think right) Adam Johnson has more assist than Ozil since the 2nd half of the season

Players like Aguero, Martial, Butland, Lloris, Lanzini, Antonio, Smalling, Huth should all be disappointed not to be in their

Totti is too old for a striker in the EPL unless ur against a slow defender like Blind

EPL is getting faster and phusical but with Totti knees, 1 dangerous tackle and his career could be over

Team of the season is spot on except for Rose as Fuchs should be in their, shocked Arsenal fans here not saying Montrel as we were arguing about it few months ago

KdB shouldn't be near the team of the year, he been injured and out/in the team

Ozil, no, 1st half the season his many assists, 2nd half of the season hardly nothing - Stats(I think right) Adam Johnson has more assist than Ozil since the 2nd half of the season

Players like Aguero, Martial, Butland, Lloris, Lanzini, Antonio, Smalling, Huth should all be disappointed not to be in their

Agreed on Totti, I was half-joking about him.

Monreal has been very consistent through the season but Fuchs is ahead of him. It's fair to have a Spurs-Leicester dominated side.

Huth, Vertonghen, Smalling can be disappointed but that shows there have been quality CBs this season.

Lanzini, Antonio no way, they've been good but not like anybody of that midfield quartet. Martial and Aguero too, they've been good but haven't fired their team to title contention have they?

Of course players can feel hard done by, another one is drinkwater fighting relegation last season and now on the verve of winning the league title and being capped by his country on the way but that's a very fair team of the year those players have all been excellent and deserve it.

Monreal could have had a sniff. Ozil unlucky. assuming in that 44-2 he would only play LAM/LM or RAM/RM you could make an argument for him getting in over payet who has been remarkable but 18 assits for Ozil. He made the grievous error of being too good too early, he has been good but not spectacular since mid year (much like Arsenal) and been forgotten about.

I always wonder why they give this out now????? What if aguero scores 10 more goals in the last 4 games?? Ozil gets another 5 assits and breaks the record, etc etc. surely you wait until after he season is finished to give out these teams?

Monreal could have had a sniff. Ozil unlucky. assuming in that 44-2 he would only play LAM/LM or RAM/RM you could make an argument for him getting in over payet who has been remarkable but 18 assits for Ozil. He made the grievous error of being too good too early, he has been good but not spectacular since mid year (much like Arsenal) and been forgotten about.

I always wonder why they give this out now????? What if aguero scores 10 more goals in the last 4 games?? Ozil gets another 5 assits and breaks the record, etc etc. surely you wait until after he season is finished to give out these teams?

PFA winner is normally jinxed in recently seasons

Cam Lucas, I know it's silly giving it out at this time, at least he deserves it unlike the popularity/sponsor contest of the Ballon D'or

No argument can be made for Ozil over Payet at all. Payet has been spectacular all season and has been out injured, imagine where West Ham could be if he had been fit a played for a full season.

All this talk about how amazing Ozil is because he has a load of assists is rubbish. He is a £40+ million player, World Cup winner and multiple German footballer of the year. He should be doing this on a regular basis, considering he is supposed to be one of the best midfield players in the world.

No argument can be made for Ozil over Payet at all. Payet has been spectacular all season and has been out injured, imagine where West Ham could be if he had been fit a played for a full season.

All this talk about how amazing Ozil is because he has a load of assists is rubbish. He is a £40+ million player, World Cup winner and multiple German footballer of the year. He should be doing this on a regular basis, considering he is supposed to be one of the best midfield players in the world.

Ozil a half a season player - like my stats shows Adam Johnson has had more assists then Ozil in the EPL since after January