bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Yoohoo, Leicester are gonna do it!  :D

Take that, moneybag sides!  B)

Ranieri must be elected best coach of 2016.

In all my years of following football, this is by far the biggest upset.

I mean, it's comparable to Denmark or Greece winning the Euro.

But the Euro is just a few games.

The Prem is 38 matches - winning it requires a great deal of consistency.

I don't care if some club wins their domestic league and the CL.

What Ranieri is gonna achieve with Leicester is nothing short of a miracle. 

God I hope they win at Man Utd and then get the guard of honour at Stamford Bridge - will be extremely fitting and as much as people think it would be painful for Chelsea, it would literally be an honour to do, especially for a man like Ranieri.

Not over yet though.

Greatest sporting uposet of all time i dont think a 5001/1 has ever came good. Apparently Tom Hanks had $100 US on Leicester. 500,000 thanks for coming. not like he needs it but.

Hope Leicester win the league at OT and guard of honour at a bad title defence Chelsea. thats a bout of sweet an ending to the story as you can get.

Greatest sporting uposet of all time i dont think a 5001/1 has ever came good. Apparently Tom Hanks had $100 US on Leicester. 500,000 thanks for coming. not like he needs it but.

Hope Leicester win the league at OT and guard of honour at a bad title defence Chelsea. thats a bout of sweet an ending to the story as you can get.

If it's Leicester we will roll out the red carpet, give a Leicester flag to all the fans & make Ranieri's face a big poster on one of the stands.

If it's Leicester we will roll out the red carpet, give a Leicester flag to all the fans & make Ranieri's face a big poster on one of the stands.

They deserve it. les be honest any Prem team wants to see leicester ratrher than the other big teams who they have rivalries/spite with. If it was the Emirates i/we would do the same. if it was spurs riots, and even united or pool or Chelsea we wouldnt like it. GOOOOOO FOXES!

Many many many congratulations to Leicester City for winning the Premier League.

A truly astonishing achievement. Every single player deserves it and Ranieri especially does. The club do too, they give out Singha beers and food to every fan every couple of games and it's just a great thing to happen.

Let's put this is into perspective for a minute:

First of all, things more likely than 5000/1 Leicester to win the PL:

- Simon Cowell to be Prime Minister - 500/1

- Loch Ness Monster to be discovered - 500/1

- Jeremy Corbyn to win Big Brother - 500/1

- Sir Alex Ferguson to win Strictly Come Dancing - 1000/1

- Dean Gaffney to win best actor OSCAR - 1000/1

- Alien life discovered before 2017 - 1000/1

- The Queen to have a Christmas number 1 - 1000/1

- Elvis to still be alive - 2000/1

- Kim Kardashian to be next US President - 2000/1

- David Moyes to be an X-Factor judge - 2500/1

- Arsenal to sack Arsene Wenger, and hire Piers Morgan - 2500/1

Their season has been really fantastic. 3 losses, 2 of which were to the same club. 22 wins out of 36 games so far for a win rate of 61%. They score almost 2 a game on average and concede less than 1 a game on average - 4-0's are lovely but 2-1's and 1-0's are what league titles are won on. Two players in the top 5 goalscorers this season.

One thing that is for certain after this mad season. The summer is going to be mental!

I had to come back here purely because of how amazing this is. I'm glad that it was Leicester who won it, because I couldn't stand Spurs winning the league. But in general, practically everyone is happy they won (unless you're a Spurs fan). They really are, "the people's champions".

I'm just wondering odds you'd get for Leicester being relegated next season. Stranger things have happened. :P

Some talking head predicted they'll finish 10th after losing Mahrez and Kante in off season

I'm just wondering odds you'd get for Leicester being relegated next season. Stranger things have happened. :P

According to williamhill odds atm

Champs league winners 66/1

Top 4 finish 8/1

Relegated 16/1

Qualify for the CL knockout stages Evens

Fa Cup winners 14/1

Carling Cup winners 14/1

Well done to Chelsea for ruining Tottenham's season. You've regained some respect from me. Though it's not very much.

Well it was hardly ruined was it? Even if Tottenham had beaten Chelsea they would have remained 5 points adrift of Leicester and still in need of a minor miracle.

If Tottenham wrap up second place tomorrow it will be their highest placed finish ever in the history of the Premier league and only the second time they have qualified for the Champions league whilst having conceded the least amount of goals with the highest goal difference. That doesn't sound too much like a ruined season to me.

If scraping a draw at home against Spurs to prevent them from winning something they were hardly likely to anyway is all Chelsea can do to earn respect then that is rather pathetic don't you think..... although extremely amusing of course.

Well it was hardly ruined was it? Even if Tottenham had beaten Chelsea they would have remained 5 points adrift of Leicester and still in need of a minor miracle.

If Tottenham wrap up second place tomorrow it will be their highest placed finish ever in the history of the Premier league and only the second time they have qualified for the Champions league whilst having conceded the least amount of goals with the highest goal difference. That doesn't sound too much like a ruined season to me.

If scraping a draw at home against Spurs to prevent them from winning something they were hardly likely to anyway is all Chelsea can do to earn respect then that is rather pathetic don't you think..... although extremely amusing of course.

Well actually not.... If you're a Chelsea hater like me.

Some talking head predicted they'll finish 10th after losing Mahrez and Kante in off season

They've done what is called a miracle. I don't think they'd want to end their fairytale and move out to some Barcelona where they'll be a guaranteed bench warmer. They both would rather play as legends for Leicester next season. And why not, there PL champs, playing in UCL with British salaries and with better players added to the squad. I say a top 5 finish and Ucl quarter finals next season.

Or maybe a Nottingham Forest by Leicester.