Gold Championship 119 - The Pools rise to the EPL

Rammy

Hi, welcome to Jaspal and R0b's thread regarding their Division 4 challenge in GC119. We decided we would take up this challenge a few days ago and mutually decided to name it. I've taken Hartlepool United and Jaspal (I will refer to him as JT at times) has taken Odham. This is strictly for myself and JT to post on, so please no haters or any-one posting else on this thread. Hope ye all enjoy.:D

EDIT - JT swapped Oldham for the glamour of Arsenal so best of luck to JT at the Gunners:)

Re: Gold Championship 119 - The Pools and The Latics rise to the EPL

0,,10337~6822314,00.jpg

Latics Annonce New Manager

Oldham Athletic's annonce new manager Jaspal Thaliwal.Oldham were after a new manager after Paul Dickov left the club but Oldham were spending weeks to find there new man.The Latics had a shortlist but it was threw away as soon as Jaspal walked into Simon Blitz office.The appointment of Jaspal was huge new for Oldham and there chances of promotion.

Jaspal was quick in the tranfer market to sign Spurs highly rated youngster John Bostock for 700k.Bostock was pleased with his move and more happy that he will get first team football.

bd6cea50-008a-4ad8-bab7-ade8e26d3515.jpg

Oldham have snapped up Mexico's Giovani Dos Santos and Bayern Munchen's Diego Contento.More players are expected to join with two new forwards in mind to help and brin Oldham to the top.

Pools announce new manager

hartlepool_united_fc.png

R0b Walshe has been confirmed as the new manager of Division 4 strugglers Hartlepool United.

Asked want tempted him to come back into management to a club that is in turmoil, Walshe, told Sky Sports News: "I think it is quite obvious.

"I like a challenge and this is a big challenge but it is one that I felt, after talking to (chairman) Ken (Hodcroft) the support would be there because we're going to need everybody behind us.

"And there's only one objective - and that's to stay in this division."

He agreed everyone was heading in the same direction at Hartlepool.

"I had that feeling, I think. We have only one goal and it's been spelt out that this club deserves to be in this division, it doesn't deserve to go out - there's been a lot thrown at it over the last six or seven months - and the players don't deserve it either.

"We need to stay, deserve to stay and that's our goal."

Transfers

jermaine_beckford_1555435c.jpg

Hartlepool completed a number of high profile loan signings in the form of Rene Khrin (from Internazionale), Roy O'Donovan (from Sunderland) and Jermaine Beckford (from Everton). Walshe also unveiled 12 new permanant signings for the side including Spaniard Jonathan Soriano and former Madrid youngster Daniel Opare. Walshe said "Soriano will lead from the front next season and Roy along with Jermaine will be the third and fourth choice strikers after I sign my foward that will partner Jonny. The other 8 signings the club have signed so far are Martin Chudy , Omar Vasquez, Liban Abdi, Cihan Ozkara, Nico Seigrist, Antonio Mrsic, Jonathan Germano and Martin Garot

New faces at Victoria Park

jonathan-soriano-espanyol-d.jpg

Jonathan Soriano joins Hartlepool from FC Barcelona Atlètic for an undisclosed deal. Soriano had a good time at Atlètic scoring 17 goals in 31 games since joining them in 2009. Soriano admitte he was sad to leave Spain but admitted the lure of a British challenge was too good to turn down. "I'm delighted to be here, at first I had to consider it but in the end I acccepted the offeron the basis the club would achieve promotion within the next two seasons and then take it from there."

0,,10307~6899218,00.jpg

George Friend joins the Pools after a frustrating time at Wolves during his two year stint at the club he was loaned out four times. Friend admitted "I'm happy to have stability in my career after a dauting stay at Molineux. I was underused there and when I got the phone call from the Hartelpool gaffer R0b Walshe and he explained his vision for the club I jumped at the oppourtunity."

By RW _95

0,,10337~6822314,00.jpg

Don't Stress about Defeat

Oldham Athletics boss Jaspal Thaliwal has told Sky Sports in his interview not to stress about the defeat.Oldham suffered a 2-1 defeat to Tranmere Rovers.Latics may have lost there first game but "Its only the early stages so far" claimed Jaspal Thaliwal.

Sky Sports Interviewer-

"Do you feel that you can get Oldham Promoted?"
"If everything goes to plan i would like to see my side in divsion 3 next season.We may have lost the first game but we can still go on and make it to the top,With the players coming it should make the job much easier."

Oldham Snap Chelsea Youngster

conorclifford300x200.png

The Latics made there second signing to partner Bostock.Connor Clifford has joined Oldham for 850k a huge amount for the Irish Midfielder but Jaspal believes he will perform for the club.The only worry is now they have signed two young midfielders who have'nt got as much exprience but surely have the potential.

Pools snatch 3 points

0,,10326~8640050,00.jpg

Hartelppol United won their first game 3-1 over Gillingham at Victoria Park. Roy O'Donovan had a great game netting a brace along with McSweeney scoring the Pools other goal.

E_SteveCarell_304.jpg

Pools boss R0b Walshe gave his team a lesson this week after hearing a player in his squad failed a drugs test. Walshe took matters into his own hands by holding a very open talks with his entire squad by listing all the drugs he would not tolerate along with another 4 pages of harmful substances. The club have since been fined £45,000 by the SMFA for the player failing his drug test.

Pools continue fine form

Hartlepool United traveled to Stevenage to take on the newly promoted side. Expectations were high on Hartlepool's side, as new faces, one of the players failing a drugs test and a number of high profile sales. R0b Walshe was hoping his side would defy the odds and win the game as he felt they were 'superior' on paper.

New signing Jonathan Soriano was disappointed with his debut and was hoping he would make an impact in his second game with Hartlepool since joining them. Roy O'Donovan was hoping to continue his form after scoring two goals on his debut since joing on loan from Sunderland. Walshe made a controversial selection decision by leaving loanee Jermaine Beckford out of the starting line-up and chose to go with the impressive thus far, O'Donovan-Soriano partnership up front.

Scott Flinders announced that it would be his last game for Hartlepool after the club agreed a multi million pound deal that would see him exit the club after the game. Walshe also announced before the game that he was signing some young talents such as Anes Haurdic - the Bosnian right sided attacking midfielder for a deal reported to be around £2,450,000.

sg0g1g.jpg

The game kicked off at 6:00pm British time. Daniel Opare and Lucas Rath were playing at full back and were putting pressure on Stevange with some dangerous wing play. George Friend, the clubs big name signing from Wolves had a masterclass in defence despite his side letting two goals in. Stevenage took the lead in the 11th minute through Stacy Long but two minutes later Jonathan Soriano pulled a goal back for the Pools. Howver, disater struck for Hartelpool when just 4 minutes later they let a second goal in through Lee Boylan who scored a toe poke after some scrapppy defending.

Hartlepool were beginning to take the game by the scruff of its neck and Rene Khrin was beginning to boss the play and he almost went one on one after thinking he beat the offside trap only to find out that he was in fact, offside. However Lucas Rath who was playing well from left back put in a dangerous cross which was met by the head of Soriano for his second of the game. The teams went into the break level at 2-2.

Jonathan Soriano came out all guns blazing however he missed an open goal and he looked determined to make amends for his miss. In the 80th minute however it was newly purchase winger Germano who sored the winner in dramatic fashion with a great volley from 25 yards out. Then just 2 minutes later, Stevenage's centre backs were left flat footed after a great piece of skill by Jonathan Soriano put him through on goal where he scored an emphatic winner to ease the pressure on Hartlepool.

jonathan+soriano+espanyol+barcelona+fc.jpg

Valliants caught in a Pool

England+v+Slovenia+International+friendly+6xykgpipsP6l.jpg

Hartlepool United traveled to Vale Park hoping to continue their impressive league form, in a week that saw further sales and a number of new signings. Rais M'Bohli started in goals due to the sale of Scott Flinders, and M'Bohli did what Scott Flinders could not do in his previous 3 appearances, keep a clean sheet. Daniel Opare and Lucas Rath continued at full back on both sides and both were also very impressive once again.

The centre half partnership of Kevin Cura and Andrej Causic was very solid with both letting just 8 shots past them in the entire 90 minutes of the match. Rene Khrin was given the Captains armband for the game by manager R0b Walshe who said he was very impressed by Khrin since signing him on loan.

It was Port Vale who go the game going when Bottaro got a free header on goal but he failed to trouble M'Bohli. After this chance Hartlepool began to pick out some good passes to their frontmen - the Soriano and O'Donovan partnership was again causing pr0blems. Hartlepool took the lead five minutes before half time through Wakaso Mubarak when he burst into the box and smashed the ball into the top corner.

It was yet again Port Vale who came out with the best oppourtunity in the opening minutes of the scond half when Sitoe Mexer put a dangerous ball in, but the frontmen for the Valliants just could not get to it. Hartlepool continued to push for a second and towards the end of the game and it was Rene Khrin who got the goal with a scorcher in which he curled the ball around the stunned Port Vale keeper from 25 yards out.

steve_jon_stephen.jpg

Hartlepool R0b Walshe and his assistants were very pleased with the second goal.

Pools weekly round up.

I was busy this week, so I'll be doing brief weekly round up's every so often.

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=1546

Hartlepool drop 4 points altogehter this week, 2 disappointing draws, but eh, can't win them all.

Hartlepool hosted Sputhend United in a thrilling 1-1 draw with plenty of chances but overall Hartlepool were the stronger side, but could not take all of their chances. Anes Haurdic was the player who scored for Pools and Scannel scored for Southend. Hartlepool had 55% possession so I was rather disappouinted.

Hartlepool travelled to Aldershot and again it was a very bad result. Poor game overall and Soriano got the winner for me in the 88th minute. That leaves my side 2nd on the league table, a point off Morecambe. Hopefully next week Pools will get back to winning ways.

Oldham_Athletic_AFC.png

Latics Beat Top Dogs

Oldham Athletics beat top place Morecambe 2-0 to gain 3points for there push for Promotion. Kieran Lee struck at the 2 minute to get the first with Morecambe on the attack for most of the first half.Second Half kicked off dull with then starting to turn into more quailty football with both sides attacking but Andy Holdsworth beat the defence to grab the second goal and put the game to bed at the 86 minute.

0,,10312~3768426,00.jpg

Oldham's Tranfer News

Latics duo Jon Worthington and Jim Goodwin both exit Oldham for around 1.8million for the pair,The money was used to sign Rochdale's Craig Dawson for 250k a bargain for such a bright talent.Dawson is Excited about his move and a new push for his career to go that one step further,Dawson will play 3rd or 4th choice in cb for Oldham but with many years still in him he could turn out to become a big Player for Oldham in the future.

0,,10441~7985724,00.jpg

Dawson was'nt the only person to join,Swindons Top goal scorer last season Charile Austin joined for a huge 1.7million.The Latics needed a new forward to see them through and it did'nt help When Giovani Dos Santos dicided to leave Oldham to Join back to Cruzeiro from his loan spell.Austin can make a big impact on Oldham and give them the push for Promotion,Rumours have it that Oldham are tracking another Forward to partner Austin but would have to beat off comptetion for Bolton Wanderers.

charlieaustin595.jpg

Pools Weekly round-up

Will be doing these every week as it's much easier.

Pools were playing JT's Oldham on Wedensday. It was a fair 1-1 draw, although it was my third draw in a row.

After those 3 draws I decided to make changes to my sqyad for the Exeter game on the 10th of July and it paid off:)Won 2-0, courtesy of Jessen (rose nicely) and Cura. Keeps up my automatic promotion push

Best of luck to JT at Oldham:D

Hartlepool update.

Thought this needed another post as it's gone quite recently.

Had another few rises recently, squad value is at an all time high of exactly £40,000,000. Most of the squad that have risen will be sold once their TB's are up.

In the league table, Hartlepool are 1st by GD but face Bury tonight and a solid Tranmere Rovers on Saturday, looking to get 4 out of 6 points at least and keep my automatic push open.

Hartlepool Weekly Round Up

Things worked out as expected, 4 points out of 6 and still top, although only a point clear.

Bury were easy work winning 4-0, and had a few risers, very happy with the team, expectations remain high. The two main frontmen, O'Donovan and Soriano are firing blanks they haven't scored in quite a while which is worrying.

Tranmere were harder, drew 2-2 which looking at the stats was more than fair. O'Donovan finally scored again and loanee Filkor (Cheers Ray) secured my point. I'm top with Morecambe second.

On another note, JT is up to 6th and he's just 5 points off me.

0,,10794~3734971,00.gif

Oldham Back On Track

Oldham hit off to a huge 6-0 thriller against Oxford with Charlie Austin scoring 4 goals.Next game was Stockport City and with the confidence from the last match Oldham keep thier heads up high with Midfield Maestros John Bostock and Andy Holdsworth.Oldham are off to a good run could this be the change from their rocky start of the season,Latics are now 6th with only 5 points of 2st with Wycombe next could the Latics step up thier game that one step further.

CharlieAustin1.jpg

Can Austin Get The Job Done

Pools Weekly Round Up

Another 2 draws. Thats 3 on the bounce, very disappointing day. Jaspal got offered Arsenal and I told him to take it. Division 4 is slowly becoming dull and lonely:o

Automatic promotion is slipping away and the players aren't winning enough, too many draws. 2nd/3rd is where I am in the league. Roy O'Donovan has continued his scoring form, 2 goals in as many games. Morecambe and Rotherham up next, 2 very important matches that could decide automatic promotion or a play off spot.

Re: Gold Championship 119 - The Pools to the EPL

0,,10337~6822314,00.jpg

Thaliwal Leaves Oldham for Bigger Things

Jaspal Thaliwal was upset to leave Oldham but was offered a huge job at Arsenal which he could not turn down.After Buliding Latics to stable state with good players he attracted attention from the Arsenal chairman after there manager left.

I was a offer i could not turn down, but im upset i have to leave after making the club my own.I hope Oldham make it without me and they keep up the great work.

Re: Gold Championship 119 - The Pools rise to the EPL

Pools Weekly Round Up

0,,10326~8628425,00.jpg

O'Donovan was the centre of attention the past 7 days..

Two massive wins for Hartlepool in the last week has seen them go abck on top by goal differance following back to back wins over Morecambe and Rotherham respectively.

The first game was an home game against Morecambe last Wedensday, the 28th of July. Pools started on the back foot after just 3 minutes when Morecambe midfielder Ian Craney scored a mis-hit. 24 minutes later irish striker Roy O'Donovan scored a header after a cross from winger Anes Haurdic to make the score 1-1 at the break. Sooon after the break Morecambe were pushing Hartlepool back but as soon as Hartlepool won a corner Roy O'Donovan scored his second header of the match to send the Pools into the lead and into the lead for the first time in the match. With 7 minutes remaining in the game Roy O'Donovan completed his hat-trick by scoring a long range effort.

The second game of the week was another home tie against the much fancied Rotherham United. Pools took the lead in the 7th minute when Roy O'Donovan scored his 4th goal in two games when he tapped in an effort spilled by Rotherham 'keeper Andy Warrington. However, Rotherham striker Tom Pope equaled the score in the 14th minute with a header from a cross. The scores were just level for 2 minutes when in the 16th minute German attacker Felix Kroos restored The Pools lead with a skillfull run in which he beat all 4 defenders and then drilled it home. In the 25th minute Ghana left sided midfielder Mubarak Wakaso scored a thumping shot under the 'keeper to make the game 3-1 to Hartlepool. Just 3 minutes later highly rated striker Adem Le Fondre scored Rotherham's second after scoring a goal from 25 yards out. 2 minutes before half time winger Mubarak Wakaso scored his second goal of the game with a neat finish in the box. That was to be the final goal of the game as Hartlepool were victorious over Rotherham with a 4-2 win.

On the 3rd of August Sunderland re-called striker Roy O'Donovan from Hartlepool without any warning and without an expliantion. It has left Pools with a striking dilemna after losing their most prolific scorer. Can Jonathan Soriano rediscover his early goalscoring form that has dried up of late and can Hartlepool still go onto win the league? Only time will tell.

Pools Weekly Round Up

u17_kroos_468x345.jpg

Kroos stepped up to the plate this past week.

Another two wins for Hartlepool kept them top and extended their lead to 5 points as Carlisle United go 2nd. This week also saw the emergance of a rising star and a potential match winner in Felix Kroos and Anes Haurdic.

The first game of the week was an away game against Chesterfield at the B2net Stadium. Pools started extremely quickly with Felix Kroos playing only his third game for the club since joinng them from Hansa Rostock, opening the scoring within a minute through a mishap in the defence and Kroos showed great composure to casually rool it into he net leaving Pools boss Walshe very impressed with the young German. As the game pushed on Chesterfield were putting immense pressure on the Hartlepool defence but it was Chesterfield who were to concede a second goal. Makeshift Hartlepool centre halve Patrick Kristensen hammered home a fine goal after Chesterfield leftn themselves exposed at the back. Once the second goal went in, the Cheserfield faithful all but gave up and Pools winger Anes Haurdic was running circles around the Chesterfield midfield and defence. After some tricky wizardry by the Bosnian sensation the Chesterfield defence made a major defensive misatke and Haurdic toe poked in the third and final goal of the game and it proved to be the last kick of the first half. The second half was very much a dull half and it produced no exciting moment and Hartlepool causally picked up another impressive 3 points to continue their grip on League 2.

Hartepool hosted Oxford on the 7th of August and the Pools line up boasted 3 new loan signings in Gianluca Nijholt, Christian Noboa and Mexican attacker Carlos Vela off Real Betis and Arsenal respectively. Victoria Park had a very large crowd as the fans of Hartlepool United now have a reason to watch their side. Hartlepool went into the game hoping to steamroll over Oxford but that was not the case as Oxford instead started the game piling the pressure on Pools through Chris Hargreaves who almost scored immediately with a low drive at the bottom cornere ut it just went wide. 5 minutes later Hargreaves was again finding himself with an opportunity to score but ws unlucky to find himself in an offside position. Hartlepool beagn to realise this was not going to be an easy game in Victoria Park and they needed the crowd to very much be the 12th man, and the Pools fans did not fail. Each time Hartlepool went further foward the Pools fans would cheer and encourage them and on 12 minutes debutant Carlos Vela had a 35 yard scorcher tipped over the bar by Oxford 'keeper Ryan Clarke. Just two minutes later Hartlepool appealed for a penalty but Gianluca Nijholt was booked for diving by the referee. Anes Haurdic continued his impressive form by setting up Felix Kroos for what proved to be the clincher on the 17th minute mark. Pools went onto close the game and Oxford were unable to beat a stong backline and a 2nd clean sheet in a row for goalkeeper Rais M'Bohli.

• 2 weeks later...

Pools Round Up

article-0-026DEBB7000005DC-386_468x309.jpg

Loanee Carlos Vela has made a major impression.

Been a busy 4 turns for Hartlepool with 2 wins, a draw and a shock first league defeat. Carlos Vela has proven to be a top loan with numerous man of the match performances.

The first fixture was away at cash strapped Stockport County in a less than half half full Edgeley Park. Hartlepool continued their early goal scoring form from recent games when Bosnian winger Anes Haurdic scored a fantastic chip over Stockport goalkeeper Owain Fon Williams who looked on in shock as the ball rolled over the line. That goal was Haurdic's 4th in 14 league appearances. Just two minutes later Pools were pushing even further foward but Stockport's left back Adam Griffin was having none of it as he was preventing Haurdic from going through on goal yet again. Stockport then tried to break down Hartlepool but goalkeeper Raïs M'Bohli was on his toes as he saved a forceful strike from Stockport striker Jabo Ibehre in the 6th minute. Hartlepool striker Felix Kroos was looking to get into the game but he was looking a little tired as he pushed up in the attack but he proved he is a top player by scoring an amazing overhead kick in the 11th minute which earned a standing ovation from the crowd at Edgeley Park. Straight from the restart Stockport County looked to hit back with a goal but Jemal Johnson was caught offside in a counter attack and he was left frustrated as Hartlepool were letting very little get past them.

As the first half progressed Stockport continued to go foward and test Hartlepool but little came paid off as the first half finished 2-0 to Hartlepool. In the 2nd half Pools midfielder Gianluca Nijholt was going further up the field and receieved the ball only to be tackled at the last by Stockport defender Matthew Sadler. On the 50th minute mark Carlos Vela had a chance to put the Pools 3 ahead but his tame header was saved by Owain Fon Williams. In the 76th minute Jabo Ibhere pulled a goal back for Stockport but the County never looked like they were going to get abck into the game. 8 minutes later Mexican Carlos Vela scored a header from the back post to secure the game for Hartlepool.

Game 17 of the league campaign saw Wycombe travel to Hartlepool and it was neevr going to be an easy game. Pools started the brighter but you could ense things were not going to go their way when they had a penalty appeal waved away despite a blatant tackle in the box. The First half had little excitement and the teams went into the break all square at 0-0 and it was the second half that would truly decide who was the superior side. Hartlepool quickly took the lead when right back Matej Jonjic scored a fantastic volley after an unbelievable cross from Anes Haurdic. Pools were quickly let down by poor defending when Wycombe attacker Scott Davies rounded 'keeper Rais M'Bohli to level the scores. Hartlepool were left shell schocked and when Wycombe winger Gary R0berts scored you could sense the goal drained all the energy out of Hartlepool. The Pools never got back into the game as Wycombe impressively beat the league leaders.

Hartlepool travelled down to meet Leyton Orient at a less than half full Brisbane Road. Pools looked like they were going to suffer their second defeat in a row when Orient centre foward James Showcroft scored a tap in on the 28th minute after poor defending by Hartlepool. The first half was very much a drab affair with neither team creating any big chances and the teams went in 1-0 at half time to the hosts. When the second half begun Pools looked like a team full of spirit but when they got caught off guard in the 51st minute you had to feel for them when Jonathan Tehoue scored a volley from a long punt upfild from the back. Leyton were very much playing route one football and almost caught Hartlepool off guard again when Dean Cox fluffed his oppourtunity to wrap up the game for the O's. Hartlepool continued to play thier free flowing football and it paid off when in the 74th minute Felix Kroos beat the offside trap from another brilliant set of passing through midfield and he neatly tucked away the ball intothe back of the net to give Hartlepool some hope. Just 5 minutes later Carlos Vela completed the come back when he scored from a brilliant pass by Gianluca Nijholt to send the Pools fan estatic. Hartlepool picked up the point and it was fully deserved after thier hard work and determination.

The midway point of the season was upon us on the 21st of this month and on paper it was a mouth watering contest as Brighton came to Victoria Park hoping to upset the league leaders Hartlepool. brighton started the better team, dominating the game and creating chances and on the 11th minute it paid off when Alan Navarro tucked away a neat finish from 15 yards. Brighton's lead lasted just 1 minute when Hartlepool's utility man Patrick Kristensen capitalised on poor defending to level the scores. Once the equaliser went in Brighton went on the defenasive and they closed out the first half at a close 1-1 score line. Brighton tried to play fancy football but Hartlepool's poetic midfield was having none of it as they outclassed the Seagulls midfield generals. Patrick Kristensen was having an inspiring games as he breaking up attacks and on the 78th minute he found himself in acres of space and showed great composure to score his second of the game. Pools continued to play more free flowing football but they could not break down Brighton for a third time and the game finished 2-1 to Pools.

Two wins, and new faces for Pools

31865_1239668224.jpg13504_1234878012.jpg

Naughton and Vviano were the big names among the new faces in hectic 7 days at Victoria Park

Hartlepool were busy in the market the past 7 days but despite a lot of time spent off field, the on field heroics continued with Pools winning their last two games and also getting a 9 point gap over 2nd place.

League game number 20 for Hartlepool was away at Gillingham where the Pools blew away the Gills in a whopping 5-0 victory with Gianluca Nijholt and Mubarak Wakaso scoring a brace each and Carlos Vela nabbing himself another goal to continue his stunning form since joining on loan from Premier League giants Arsenal managed by Walshe's close freind Jaspal Thaliwal.

Mubarak Wakaso opened the scoring in the 4th minute with a tap in after a major error in the Gillingham defence and Gillingham looked beat from then on after the confidence in their faces dropped as Pools continued to look like a side that should be playing in a higher division. Pools continued to pressurise the Gillingham defence and further patience and domination paid off in the 25th minute when Mexican international Carlos Vela scored a rebound after Felix Kroos' was parried by Gills 'keeper Lewis Price. Gillingham beagn to get physical and starting bustling into the Pools midfield and the Hartlepool midfield realised they had to work on the counter attack and Mubarak Wakaso again showed his immense ability when he caught Lewis Price off guard with an early shot from the halfway line to the joy of the Pools faithful. That was the last kick of the first as the teams went in with the score at 3-1 to the away side Hartlepool.

Hartlepool wasted little time when they came out after Gianluca Nijholt scored a mouth watering volley from 25 yards out to the awe of the fans at Priestfield. Kyle Naughton made his Hartlepool debut after completing his then club record move from Wigan on Tuesday afternoon as he deputised at left back where he looked at home and at ease as he bombed foward and showing his full potential to English football. as the second half wore on justlike the first Hartlepool's rythm in the middle of the middkle of the park continued to impress all and when Ginaluca Nijholt scored the 5th goal on the hoyr mark with a smashing 30 yard screamer into the top corner you could sense there was something special about Walshe's Hartlepool.

Hartlepool played their 21st league game of the season at home to Stevenage. Victoria Park had another huge attendance which is proving to be good for the Hartlepool community as things suggest with the fans all looking overjoyed with their local side taking the nPower League 2 by storm. Hartlepool didn't look too bright when the game started with Daniel Shell's Stevenage midfield proving to be a stern test for Noboa and Nijholt. However, Hartlepool took the lead through creative midfielder Gianluca Nijholt after he capitalised on poor communication in the Stevenage to slot home his third goal of the week. The scores went in 1-0 at half time yet again to Hartlepool.

Stevenage found themselves on the back foot after the second half started with Kyle Naughton playing at left abck again continuing to pile the pressure on a nervy Stevenage defence. Stevenage had 18 shots at goal but they largely untroubled new record signing and highly rated goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano after he joined from Bologna for a whopping £5.2 million. Viviano showed his credentials on why he should be selected for the upcoming Itialian sqaud for their World Cup qualifiers as he pulled some fine saves and proved to be in control of his defence. Kyle Naughton continued to cause continuous diffaculties and his hard work proved dividends when Carlos Vela slotted home a fantastic header in the 79th minute to wrap up the game for Hartlepool.

Player of the week

41763_1263556249.jpg

Loanee Gianluca Nijholt

• 3 weeks later...

Hartlepool continue incredible form

rod-fanni-in-red-and_97277.jpg

Hartlepool's fine league form has continued with the clubs season only having one league defeat so far.

[H] 0 - 0 Port Vale

[A] 1 - 0 Southend United

[H] 9 - 0 Aldershot Town

[A] 0 - 0 Oldham Athletic

[H] 6 - 1 Exeter City

Hartlepool are 7 points clear over 2nd place Tranmere Rovers.

Gary Hooper and Antoine Greizmann came in to replace the injured Carlos Vela who was sent back to Arsenal.

Rod Fanni became the clubs record signing off Rennes to play at centre halve with fellow Frenchman Lamine Kone. Gianluca Nijholt made his loan move permanant for a whopping £3 million, money which The Pools could never have dreamed of spending at the seasons start.

I'm afraid the M/R's will be short and sweet for quite a while as school is back and I can't put alot of time into them. Sorry to any-one who actually read them.

• 1 month later...

RWBanner2.png

Pools win the league in style

EmilianoVivianoofItalyduringthetrainingsessionatCovercianoonAugust92010inFlorenceItaly_.jpg?a=35

Viviano proved a key factor for Hartlepool this season and earned a call up to the Italian national side.

Division 4 [A] 1 - 1 Bury

Division 4 [H] 1 - 0 Tranmere Rovers

Division 4 [A] 2 - 0 Carlisle United

Division 4 [H] 2 - 2 Yeovil Town

Division 4 [A] 5 - 0 Morecambe

Division 4 [A] 1 - 1 Rotherham United

Division 4 [H] 5 - 0 Chesterfield

Division 4 [A] 4 - 0 Oxford United

Division 4 [H] 4 - 1 Stockport County

Division 4 [A] 3 - 0 Wycombe Wanderers

Division 4 [H] 5 - 0 Leyton Orient

Division 4 [A] 4 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion

Hartlepool fans didn't expect at the start of the season that they would be witnessing a league title winning campaign and a drastic change in results under new manager, Mr. Walshe. Walshe came into a side full of players lacking in confidence and ability so he completely changed the side and brough in a new one. This drastic change involved 62 new players arriving during the duration of the season, all at differant stages. Emiliano Viviano and Gianluca Nijholt have been highlighted by the Hartlepool fan club as the key players for the season. The president of the fan club Ben Clifford gave the players awards for Fans Player of the Season to Viviano and Young Player of the season to Gianluca Nijholt for their key contributions throughout the season.

Club captain Rod Fanni was awarded for his special contribution to the season by manager Walshe. He was given Most influential Player for the Club as nominated by the fans again. The players of Hartlepool Football Club were given memorabilias for their historic title win as they await another hectic pre season and busy transfer window.

• 3 weeks later...

RWBanner2.png

Modeste - We can win the league

172393_modeste_460x306.jpg

Newly promoted Hartlepool United opened their first game in Division Three in a 2-0 away win over Colchester United. Hartlepool handed debuts to strikers Victor Obinna and Anthony Modeste and they linked up very well together with Modeste bagging the winner. Modeste arrived from OGC Nice in pre-season as Walshe wanted to bulk up his foward line in the clubs attempt to scure back to back promotions. The clubs aim is to get to the promise land - The Barclays Premier League, as soon as possible and with the clubs owner heavily investing every week with the clubs high wage bill being the highet in the division. Modeste and Obinna have been dubbed 'The best striker partnership outside the top division' by manager Mr. Walshe. Modeste attended a pre-match press conference where he commented on the clubs aspirations for the season.

I came to this club to win, and that is what I'll do. I don't think I need to prove myself really, I'm one of the best young strikers in Europe and making it in England is a dream and to be given the oppourtunity is amazing and a dream come true...

... We were delighted with our result on the opening day and I see no reason why we can't go onto win the league, we're easily the best in this division and with the likes of Gi Gi (Gianluca Nijholt), Emi (Emiliano Viviano), and Obi (Victor Obinna) on this team we have the ability to do so...

Fanni set for move to Kari's Betis?

84368_FRANCE_FANNI_030909.jpg

Rumours are rife that Hartlepool's captain and France international Rod Fanni is set to depart the club and fly to sunny Spain to join Kari's world class real betis. Kari has made her side a force to be reckoned with in Spain and is hoping to add a new defender to her team in her attempts to keep out the goals of the teams in the worlds most attacking league. Fanni is a prized asset by Hartlepool but they have said a minimum fee of £12,000,000 in his contract and if Betis can match that then Fanni is almost certain to leave Victoria Road. If Fanni is to leave it is expected the money will be put towards depth. The clubs vice captain - Emiliano Viviano is expected to become captain if Fanni does leave but the Italian shot stopper refused to comment on the matter as he says its not worth talking about until the day Fanni's departure is confirmed. Verbal negotiations are apparantly ongoing between Hartlepool and Betis but it is expected that Fanni will be a Betis player by next weekend.

• 3 months later...

RWBanner2.png

Walshe should be delighted with the Monkey Hangers

daniel_sturridge_1825087c.jpg

Sturridge is firing them in for Hartlepool United

Hartlepool United sit top of Division Three in England, the club are on fire, the players are on fire, and most of all, the egos are at an all time high. Since taking over the club early last summer, young budding Irish manager Rob Walshe has made it his own personal task to bring Hartlepool United from Division Four to the top tier of English football within five seasons. With the club storming the Fourth Division in his first season in charge, the undeniably enthusiastic and upcoming Monkey Hangers are on a roll. They are currently dominating the Third Division, already opening up a huge gap over the clubs around them due to their excellent consistency under Walshe. The club sold big name striker Victor Obinna to Dynamo Kyiv after only 10 weeks at the club, but Walshe's gamble has paid off as young English attacker Danny Sturridge has linked up superbly with Anthony Modeste since joining the club from Leicester City.

Sturridge cost Hartlepool a mere £5.7M off Leicester, making the £10.5M sale of Victor Obinna look like a true bargain. Obinna scored 9 goals in 16 performances and he certianly left his mark on the club with a few eye catching games, and earning the respect of the fans as he seemed to have a great relationship with them. Danny Sturridge has stepped upto the plate since his arrival, bagging 5 goals in his first 12 league games, along with 7 assists. Sturridge's lightening pace and trickery are proving a big hit with the clubs French striker Anthony Modeste who has scored a sensational 22 goals in 29 games. Modeste cost Hartlepool £4.7M, and with the club recently receiving a bid from Nantes to secure the services of Modeste for a fee rumoured to be around £7.2M, it looks as though the club will make quite a hefty profit from the young Frenchman.

Hartlepool's creative midfield has caused a major uproar in English football as the central midfield trio of Craig Gardner, Andre Santos, and Youssuf Mulumbu are absolutely destroying the opposition with strong challenges and are easily outmuscling, out-running, and out-passing every team in the league. The two wide me - Gylfi Sigurdson and Matty Jarvis are enjoying a stellar season at the club as they have wreaked havoc in the division, tearing defences apart with their raw pace and amazing ability to spot a gap and see a run. The vision of the two wide men has been earmarked as a big piece of the Hartlepool success story this season by numerous onlookers and pundits.

The clubs defence has had a massive variety this season due to a number of long term injuries. Benatia and Davide Astori both picked up lengthy injuries, forcing the club to sign South African stopper Bongani Khumalo from Supersport United for £2.0M. Kana-Biyik has been in and out of the side also, as he faces competition from Kevin Theophile-Catherine and recent arrival Yuto Nagatomo whom is by norm, a left sided defender, but with his versatility, he's expected to play on the right side of defence to accommodate young Italian left back Antonelli the freedom to push forward from his favoured side.

Club captain, and firm fans favourite - Emiliano Viviano - has been a mainstay in the Hartlepool goals since his arrival in season one. Viviano has become a cult legend down at the seaside club and with Walshe's decision to appoint him captain of the club after the sale of Rod Fanni, the Italian shot stopper has suited, and relished the role perfectly. He's even earned a few call ups to the national side but the players main focus is leading the club to a successive promotion. With Viviano rejecting numerous offers to move onto bigger clubs, it looks as though Hartlepool won't be looking for a new goalkeeper anytime soon.

RW.

• 1 month later...

RWBanner2.png

Hartlepool win successive promotions

Salomon+Rondon+-+Foto+Liga+BBVA.jpg

Rondon has big boots to fill following his arrival

Hartlepool United clinched back-to-back promotions last night as they were crowned outright winners of Division Three. Manager Rob Walshe came in with the club as relegation favourites in Division Four and now with the club preparing for life in the second tier of English football, big things are expected of The Pools and their up and coming manager. The club recently went through a major transition as Walshe sold a large portion of his first team, and numerous kep players to build a team to challenge for promotion in Division Two. He opted to sell key striker Anthony Modeste who bagged an impressive 30 goals for the club in his first, and only season. Matty Jarvis and Luca Antonelli were next to follow with the club receiving under 17 million for the pair combined. He sold midfield com-batter Mulumbu, and signed Egyptian wing-back Elmohamady and Welsh playmaker Joe Ledley to strengthen the side

Walshe replaced the highly-rated Anthony Modeste with Venezuelan hotshot Saloman Rondon joining from Spanish side Deporivo for 7 million. Modeste left for a whopping 10 million so it seems as though the club are now in the marker for a winger and full back, despite having bulky defensive options. Captian, and club legend - Emiliano Viviano - has been linked with an exit away from the club but with the player stating he is more than happy at Victoria Road it seems highly unlikely. The club have been credited with an interest in renewing English striker Danny Sturridge with a wage increase, and contract extension following several enquiries into his availability but he has been told that he is a big part of the Hartlepool future. With the club now preparing for life in The nPower Championship, it could only be a matter of time before The Pools complete their rise to the English Premier League.