Gold Championship 4 Transfers / Match reports Thread

Mark 1978

Re: Gold Championship 4 Transfers / Match reports Thread

ROSSI !!!!!!

Newcastle United 1-0 Cardiff City

Guiseppe Rossi (13)

Newcastle move off of the bottom of the table after their first points off the season coming in a win against Toggs'es bogey team, Cardiff City.

ros.jpg

A Javier Saviola hat-trick and a Soloman Kalou brace gave Arsenal a 5-3 away win against Sunderland boosting them up to 5th in the Premiership....

Winston is slightly disappointed that the other forumers in the league are struggling so much..... He wishes them luck though and tells them...." Catch me if you can " :P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Motherwell were soundly beaten 3-0 at home to a strong St Mirren side, suffering their first defeat of the season. Last years treble winning champions Rangers lost at home 3-1 to high flying Hibernian who maintained their 100% record to stay top of the league. Second placed Celtic were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Hearts. Motherwell manager David Belkevitz said after the match that his team were well beaten by a St Mirren side who will most certainly be in the shake up at the end of the season for the major honours.

A Javier Saviola hat-trick and a Soloman Kalou brace gave Arsenal a 5-3 away win against Sunderland boosting them up to 5th in the Premiership....

Winston is slightly disappointed that the other forumers in the league are struggling so much..... He wishes them luck though and tells them...." Catch me if you can " :P

Toggs tells reporters after Winston's comments that its only a matter of time before Newcastle are back up their with the likes of Arsenal.

Newcastle also announced the big news that Luca Toni was finally leaving the club. The deal sees highly rated German striker Stefan Kiessling, and real-life free agent Santiago Canizares join the club. Toggs had to comment: 'Stefan is oviously a world-reknown player and with his ability can achieve alot in England. Santiago isnt exactly the player i wanted, but stops are hunt on a keeper meaning scummy Arsenal can recall Corona :) '

Sheva starts building Ipswich for the future

38_1193803499.gif

With a tough start to the season, Sheva has played down the possibility of leaving the club. He is convinced that surviving at the top level is possible and his team in only getting better. He praised his players for their efforts against the mighty Manchester City, boasting big names like Sagna, Gago, Demichelis and Coloccini to name just a few. After loanee Pierre Alain-Frau put Ipswich ahead at the half hour mark, the Ipswich fans went crazy at the Eastlands. Unfortunately Turan Arda equalised shortly after the restart and Mike Hnake got the winner for City just before the final whistle to leave the Ipswich fans heart broken. Nevertheless Sheva praised the boys for their efforts and said it was a "brave fight" they put up. They weren't intimidated by the stronger side and they kept bombarding the Man City goal.

Without much luck in the transfer market and in desperate need to build his team, Sheva signed 10 players yesterday. He believes that the players he has signed have good potential even though some are past their 25s. The fans have come to question the way he has spent the money but Sheva insists that he has signed the right players. The players have mainly come from the Argentine, Mexican and Dutch leagues.

The Signings?

Serbian youngster Milos Ninkovic signed for a bargain fee of 3.7m. Sheva believes that the midfielder has loads of potential and he could be an important player at the club next season. His chances this season however will be limited.

147161583-soccer-uefa-champions-league-group-f-manchester-united-v-dynamo.jpg

The decision to buy Matias Villavicencio from San Martín was seriously questioned by the fans but Sheva has said that he sees something in the 26 year old and he too might be a key player in a season or two. The deal to get the Argentine defender to England cost Ipswich 450k and Marcus Lindberg. Fans have said that hes simply "not good enough".

610x.jpg

Villavicencio ® in action

Another decision that was questioned was the arrival of Mario Turdo to Ipswich. The 29 year old who also plays for San Martin was bought for a fee of 2m. The deal has also seen Jamie Peters and Chris Casement leave to Argentina. Sheva had the following to say; "I am aware that he isnt one of the youngest of players but since his move to San Martin from Gimnasia Jujuy, hes scored a couple in about 4 games and hes been impressive in those games. I feel that him and Villavicencio are two players that are raising their game and i am happy to bring them here to England"

340x.jpg

21 year old Paraguayan Centre back Pablo Aguilar signed from Colon and Sheva was surprised at the lack of interest in the young player and he was glad to bring him to England. Aguilar has been placed on the loan list to get some much needed first team experience.

610x.jpg

Aguilar ® in action for Paraguay

Alejandro Capurro also signed from Colon for a fee of 1m and Darren Russell. Sheva said he saw something in the 28 year old as well and he was doing very well in Colon, scoring 3 goals in 4 games. Sheva sprung up to sign the Argentine midfield player. Capurro will play some part this season and will sure to be a regular next season.

22.jpg

28 year old Argentine, Diego Chitzoff was the third signing from Colon, another player that Sheva saw was getting some football at the club and no other clubs were interested so Sheva moved in for the swoop.

7773.jpg

Tecos' Argentine Midfielder, Jorge Zamogilny signed for a massive fee of 6.6 million. Another decision that was questioned by the fans but Sheva was happy with the signing nevertheless. Sheva said that he too has been a regular for Tecos lately and he will do well in England.

58788.jpg

Dutch duo Tim Breukers and Bas Dost signed from Heracles Almelo. Both players have been named as prospects for the future by Sheva and they were both signed for just under a million. Sheva has said that they have loads of potential and they would be very valuable players in 2-3 years time.

11986.jpg

Youngster Dost in action

26 year old Mexican Winger, Luis Alonso Sandoval was the second signing made from Tecos. Sheva believes that in time, he too would be a great player and he will be playing part this season in Ipswich's effort to survive at top flight football. Overall, Sheva was happy with the signings he has made although that it has reduced his budget greatly which may limit the amount of new faces seen at Portman Road.

10582.jpg

Newcastle have played 6, won 2 & lost 4 after their 4-2 loss to Sheff.Wed.

Toggs said hes looking towards playing in Europe and staying in the Premiership :rolleyes:

201_1203106229.gif

20th SEPT 08

197_1203785414.gif0 - 1 201_1203106229.gif; Nakata (01)

Early Nakata strike keeps alive 100% away record and sends PSV back to the top.

LEAGUE POS: 1st

22nd SEPT 08

7768_1219483773.jpgDennis Aogo failed to make an impression at PSV since joining in season3. He leaves for Panathinaikos for £6million.

23rd SEPT 08

Romain Danze climbs three points to 85 in the SM ratings. The midfielder has chalked up 60appearances and 09goals in his playing career for Rennes, Accrington Stanley and PSV.

24th SEPT 08

201_1203106229.gif 2 - 0 520_1192515723.gif Torbinsky (18)(21) ;

Sixth league win in seven keeps PSV ahead of the chasing pack.

3664_1210093730.jpgPSV sign up Brazilian forward Pelendier Dagoberto. The rated87 forward cost £8.7million from Leicester City and has made 77appearances and scored 19goals in his career.

75.gifThe newest aspect of the game International management has arrived and LeamSteve had two offers. This one from Montenegro was rejected.

3.gifThe one from Germany was not and LS cant wait to get his hands on the world cup.

201_1203106229.gif

25th SEPT 08

4977_1209755861.jpgSM concentrate this week on the Scottish ratings and Steven Naismith drops to 86.

27th SEPT 08

188_1197185509.gif0 - 1 201_1203106229.gif ; Nakata (38)

Perfect away record continues with Nakata scoring his second goal in a week.

29th SEPT 08 Holland & Belgium Cup Round 2 Round 2

189_1190547289.gif0 - 0 201_1203106229.gifPSV win on penalties.

Reserves squeeze through in the shootout.

Drawn away to Germinal Beerschot in the quarter final.

2913_1216207803.jpg87rated midfielder Francisco Javi Garcia joins from Real Madrid Castilla for £12.9million. His career stands at 114appearances and 16goals for RMC and Lillestrom.

Sheva said he'd be lighting up the thread with me.. seems he went ages ago :rolleyes:

Newcastle start to look like they once did after 2 nights equalled 2 impressive wins. A good 2-1 win agianst St Mirren in the first match of this years UCL Group Stages was kindly recieved from the fans. Newcastle then found only their 3 win this season as they cruised past Manchester City 4-1.

Sheva said he'd be lighting up the thread with me.. seems he went ages ago :rolleyes:

Newcastle start to look like they once did after 2 nights equalled 2 impressive wins. A good 2-1 win agianst St Mirren in the first match of this years UCL Group Stages was kindly recieved from the fans. Newcastle then found only their 3 win this season as they cruised past Manchester City 4-1.

No, i went today:D

I quit Ipswich because i wasn't ready for the big boys as you said...Got promoted too early...

I left Mallorca because of GC 30:o

I'll be back, don't you worry love;)

:) Cmon Sheva' date=' you got to fight hrough the hard times, you got the squad to stay up !

Get back to Ipswitch :D[/quote']

Ok, will take them if they are still there:(

Mind you, it wasn't tough times, I just had no chance from the start:p :rolleyes:

EDIT: They're gone:mad:

Ok' date=' will take them if they are still there:(

Mind you, it wasn't tough times, I just had no chance from the start:p :rolleyes:

EDIT: They're gone:mad:[/quote']

You're olny 2 pts away from getting out of relegation. You got a big enough squad and you got experience managing.

Theyve been took over :( You shouldnt of left :(

You're olny 2 pts away from getting out of relegation. You got a big enough squad and you got experience managing.

Theyve been took over :( You shouldnt of left :(

Argh i regret it :o

Shouldn't have quit, it took ages to build.

Ill threaten the Ipswich manager now....:P

I'll be on the hunt for a club in GC 4. In England. Colchester is there, i diubt i can get anywhere with them:o

PSV

201_1203106229.gif

01 OCT 08

201_1203106229.gif1 - 0 205_1191159707.gifTorbinsky (31) ;

Torbinsky nets his 6th of the season to see of the challenge of Heerenveen.

03rd OCT 08 SMFA Champions Cup Group A

201_1203106229.gif3 - 0 535_1205718612.gif Mendez (07) Owen (48) Totti (85) ;

Superb start to the champions cup campaign.

04th OCT 08

179_1199737677.gif1 - 4 201_1203106229.gifIbisevic (61) ; Javi Garcia (25)(41)(60) Dagoberto (71)

Javi Garcia has a barnstorming debut with a hattrick which destroys AZ and leaves the champs in pole position.

3186_1209755861.jpgAfter some solid performances in goal, Heurelho Gomes heads the average performance table with a rating of 8.27.

05th OCT 08

20715_1219484783.jpgJose Daniel Guerrero signs for PSV from Grimsby Town. The 20yr old winger played 86 games for Town and signed for PSV for £9.5m. The Mexican is said to be extremely happy and looking forward to working with some great players.

PSV

201_1203106229.gif

06th OCT 08 Holland & Belgium Shield Round 2

201_1203106229.gif1 - 0 353_1200080902.gifDagoberto (82) ;

Dagoberto rounds off superb display with a late goal to send PSV through.

Holland & Belgium Cup Quarter Final - drawn away to Germinal Beerschot

401_1209755861.jpgJoe Ledley receives a one point increase to 86. The welsh midfielder has made only one start for PSV.

08th OCT 08

201_1203106229.gif3 - 0 501_1199761531.gif Guerrero (47) Ledley (49) Llama (62) ;

A much changed side keeps PSV on the winning track with a great second half display.

10th OCT 08 SMFA Champions Cup Group A

429_1202746505.gif0 - 2 201_1203106229.gif ; Torbinsky (19)(36)

First eleven are brought back to the side for this european encounter in which PSV continue to win.

GROUP POS: 2nd

2576_1223128327.jpgNot all good news for PSV as Daniele De Rossi is sidelined for 2weeks with a foot injury. That makes him unavailable for at least ten games including two domestic trophy quarter finals and two champs cup games.

Newcastle just struggling to get through the season now. 16th in the Premiership. Win and Loss in the UCL. In the shield but out of the Cup. Extremely Under Par so far.

Arsenal have signed Micah Richards and Luis Miguel in a deal that saw Alexandr Hleb leave the club. I am a massive fan of Hleb but that offer was too good to refuse....

After that, Mertsacker and Galles are on the transfer list.... P/E only... Would like a RM/LM or winger in any deal...

Give me a PM if interested...

PSV

201_1203106229.gif

11th OCT 08

355_1199118131.gif0 - 5 201_1203106229.gif; Dagoberto (06) Castillo (23) Rhodolfo (61) Meier (66) Sosa (70)

Theres no stopping PSV currently as the second string rock on

Marcelo Diaz joins Besiktas on loan.

12th OCT 08

Romain Danze moves on after two seasons at PSV. He played 14games and scored 1goal in his time here and joins Panathinaikos for £4.4million.

13th OCT 08 Holland & Belgium Cup Quarter Final

589_1191473593.gif0 - 3 201_1203106229.gif ; Ledley (38) Rhodolfo (62) Barrales (88)

Ten man PSV still too hot to handle as they book place in the semis.

SEMI FINAL: drawn away to AJAX

18193_1212945107.jpgElias Figueroa doesnt get many starts at PSV. He didnt do himself any favours being sent off after 24minutes.

15th OCT 08

201_1203106229.gif12 - 0 187_1201434111.gif Castillo (02)(65) Meier (05) Dagoberto (11) Schlaudraff (25)(31)(55) Mudingayi (29)(42) Capelli (34) Santacroce (40) Evaldo (53) ;

PSV record best ever win with all but two outfield players getting on the scoresheet

17th OCT 08 SMFA Champions Cup Group A

201_1203106229.gif2 - 1 117_1198417095.gifTotti (16) Torbinsky (36) ; Caracciolo (83)

Half way through and PSV top the group needing one more point to make it to the next stage

GROUP POS: 1st