Gold Championship 120 Match Reports / Transfers Thread

Kazzer

Re: Gold Championship 120 Match Reports / Transfers Thread

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=1494

UNITED MOVE FOR HAMSIK REJECTED

A move for Slovakia captain Marek Hamsik has now been ruled out by United boss Stifler after negotiations for his transfer proved fruitless.

Stifler had this to say -

"We will not be pursuing Hamsik any further as negotiations with Napoli have proven fruitless. They are, understandably, looking for the best deal they can get and our final offer has been rejected. The offer was a more than generous one but Hamsik's situation is similar to many young players across Europe - Yes he is a good prospect and Yes we are interested - but his value is over inflated and a club like United cannot be drawn into overpaying on potential rather than proven worth at the top level."

marek_hamsik_gol.jpg

Hamsik - Will not be heading to Old Trafford

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=1547

MADRID DERBY

Real Madrid and city rivals Atletico Madrid are set to play tonight in the first Madrid derby of the season. Atletico travel to the Santiago Bernabéu in the hope that they can win the fiesty derby. Real Madrid have had the better of their rivals and under new coach R0b Walshe they present an even tougher task than in recent years.

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=1530

Cesc Fabregas was at the press conference this eveing and he hopes his new side can defeat their city rivals "I fully believe we can beat Atleti, we have Diego Milito up front and arguably the strongest defence in the league. Iker will be immense as always in goals and I'll be partnering Sami (khedira) in the middle whilst Pjanic is pulling the strings.

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=1547

Atletico stun Real

JoseAntonioReyesNew.jpg

Atletico Madird traveled across to their city rivals Real Madrid and they stunned the Galactico's in a shocking 2-0 victory courtesy of goals by Jose Reyes and Jose Jurado. Real Madrid were brimming with confidence but at the same time the players looked over confident, as they played the ball along the ground it was sloppy all over the place giving Atletico Madrid complete dominance possession wise.

ikercasillas_126313.jpg

Real Madrid were creating plenty of chances but they could not finish, Diego Milito was getting very frustrated and the Real Madrid fans were booing the home side as the game progressed. Atletico were dangerous on the counter and they created only a few chances, but those few chances were tucked away by Jurado and Reyes. Jose Reyes scored a simple toe poke at the second attempt to silence the home crowd. Jose Jurado pulled off some great skill and then smashed the ball past a helpless and stunned Iker Casillas.

What now for the Galactico's in their quest for world domination??

• 2 weeks later...

UNITED YET TO GET GOING

The Red Devils have enjoyed an indifferent start to life under Stifler, but remain unbeaten in the league.

League, Match 1

D 1-1 (A) v Tottenham

United dominate possession at White Hart Lane but must rely on an equaliser from Giggs to salvage a point from a plucky Spurs side.

SMFA Champs Cup, Match 1

L 0-1 (A) v Villarreal

United again dominate but are undone by a Wilshire strike.

League, M2

W 3-1 (H) v Sunderland

1st win of the season comes at home against the Black Cats - Valencia, Rooney and Brown with the goals in a match dominated by the home side.

League, M3

W 2-0 (H) v Everton

Back to back wins in the league at Old Trafford, goals from Fletcher and Carrick proving the difference v Everton.

Eng Shield, R2

L 0-1 (A) v Portsmouth

United reserves suffer a shock exit at Fratton Park - despite once again dominating play.

League, M4

D 2-2 (A) v Liverpool

United come away with a point from Anfield thanks to a Rooney double, but it should have been 3 as .... once again .... they the superior side.

SMFA Champs Cup, M2

W 1-0 (H) v River Plate

River Plate leave OT with nothing as United get their SMFA Campaign up and running thanks to Nani's 19th minute strike.

• 4 weeks later...

picture.php?albumid=159&pictureid=1654

LEAGUE NEWS

UNITED 1 - 0 CHELSEA

United are finally where they belong - top of the Premier League. This comes thanks to a 1-0 victory over main title rivals Chelsea @ Old Trafford with the unlikely hero being midfielder Michael Carrick.

United fully deserved the win and dominated the game - despite Antonio Valencia receiving his marching orders after just 17 minutes.

TRANSFER NEWS

BIABIANY ARRIVES

Young Frenchman Jonathon Biabiany is the lastest arrival at OT, joining from Parma in a £5.2m deal. He is available for loan.

DEALS WANTED

ATTACKING MID WANTED

We are on the lookout for a top 90+ AM - will give any number of players (Park/J Evans/Brown/Hargreaves/Owen etc) for a decent one.

UNITED 1 - 0 CHELSEA

United are finally where they belong - top of the Premier League. This comes thanks to a 1-0 victory over main title rivals Chelsea @ Old Trafford with the unlikely hero being midfielder Michael Carrick.

United fully deserved the win and dominated the game - despite Antonio Valencia receiving his marching orders after just 17 minutes.

Good win over me, I just had to face you in my first game in charge.

Defeated Arsenal 2-0 thanks to goals from Ozil and Lampard and Daniel Sturridge's assist.

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=1697

MANCHESTER UNITED 2 - 0 VILLARREAL

United take a deserved 3 points in the SMFA Cup Group E match against Villarreal thanks to goals from centre-half pair Vidic and Ferdinand.

The result put's United upto 2nd after a shaky start to the group and our destiny back in out own hands.

United Line-Up:

Van Der Sar, Vidal, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs, Scholes, Luiz Adriano

• 3 weeks later...

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=1697

RIVER PLATE 0 - 1 MAN UNITED

United ensure qualification from Group E thanks to a solitary Luiz Adriano strike in Argentina.

League form has stuttered a bit of late - losing to Fulham and drawing with West Brom allowing Chelsea the opportunity to open up a gap at the top.

• 1 month later...

391_1263508512.jpg

Bayern München have wrapped up the German league with 6 games to spare. Can now rest the first team for the mammoth task of Barcelona in the SMFA Cup.

Looking for a top class midfielder to buy, if anyone has one available am willing to pay top dollar, either at the end of the season or if they are eligible for SMFA Cup knockout stages then now. Either send me a pm on here or in game.

• 1 month later...

Decent first season for DC United, who win the North American league and have a Cup Final on Tuesday against Philadelphia Union.

Finished 29 points ahead of 2nd placed New England Revolution, not bad but hardly surprising when LA Galaxy are the only other managed side.

Alessandro Ciarrocchi finishes as top scorer with 29 goals as well as 20 assists.

Hadn't done too much with the squad until the past few days when I decided I'd better improve it before I get papped in Europe next year ;)

So in come a lot of youth/risers, Paul Robinson, Youssouf Mulumbu, Scott Brown and Gary Hooper.

Not that great and nobody special but should be more to follow when I've got more cash and TB's have ended on other targets.

Chelsea have completed the League and Shield Double, having a 12 point lead over 2nd placed Liverpool in the final standings, and maintaining their unbeaten home record. This proved that the Chelsea board were right in recruiting the former Montpellier man just 12 games into his tenure in France, right after a 6-2 win over Nantes.

• 7 months later...

I'm back. :D

Used to manage Napoli when the setup was made last June, signed the likes of Hulk, Mvila, Valero, Lens, majority of the currently squad to be frank. I'm now back this time with Porto after only 3 months, can't re-call why i left Napoli but pleased to be back.

How many people still remain from when i was here first?

Been here for 4 days now, signed lots of players from un-managed clubs for cash and struck a deal internally, signed the following players, Juraj Kucka (£7.5m) Carl Jenkinson (£10k) Nils Petersen (£7m) Emmanuel Emenike (£2.5m) Bruno Cesar (£10m) Christian Fuchs (£8.5m) Kamil Agalarov (£4m) Kevin Strootman (£8.5m) Stanislav Manolev (£7.5m) Ron Vlaar (£7.5m) Georg Blatnik (£1m) Nikolay Zabolotnyi (£315k) Kamil Agalarov (£4m) and Bruno Ecuele Manga (£10million) also sold Meschini Alex and got in return Ömer Toprak and Valter Birsa from Phil's Anderlecht.

Still got cash to splash and looking to sign a 90+ ST, WINGER, CM/CM and CB with cash, Tiago, Muamba, Kleber, Baros, Bukharov, Mandzukic, Insua and De Ceglie Vitor and Elano. Let me know if you want to do deals.

• 3 years later...

Leeds Appoint ShaneMcG

GC120

165px-Leeds_United_Logo.png

New Leeds Manager Mr Shane McGrory has spoken to the press today for the first time since taking control of the club.

-

Taking to the press for the first time Mr McG said "I look forward to a long and successful era at Elland road. The club is in sound economic shape, and I am confident we can build a great side once again here. I am looking forward to leading them back to the top table of Europe. My targets include taking the whites to a domestic league double and within 3 years making a mark in Europe."

-

th?id=HN.608031472274640781&pid=15.1&P=0

McG has moved quickly to add several new stars to the side after some brilliant world cup exploits. Joining the team include Ivory coast legend

DROGBA, Didier, world cup star RUIZ, Bryan and veteran staunch defender TOULALAN, Jérémy. The manager hopes they can blend in quickly as the domestic league is coming down to the wire with 9 games remaining they trail power houses Chelsea by 6 points.

-

ShaneMcG promises the fans a great attacking line up with silky football from the new whites under his guidance. He asks the fans to be patient as he moulds his team together in the coming months.

-

He welcomes ALL PMs regarding squad, many players for exchange just make a BID or PM to discuss....

th?id=HN.608010139170901913&pid=15.1&P=0