Sign in to follow this  
Seftinho

Official Euro 2012 Thread

Re: Official Euro 2012 Thread

Bittttttttttttttttttter.

Torres is proven at national level and has the trust of Del Bosque.

Chillax.

Bitter because he's been dropped from the Spain squad in the past and when he has they've excelled without him, he was dreadful at the World Cup, Soldado has proved himself IMO that he can score. If Torres was playing for Liverpool right now I wouldn't want him going because he's a liability in his current form when there are better Spanish Strikers.

Negredo and Llorente are fine as Target Men but you need somebody who needs one chance to get a goal and in current form Soldado is that man not Torres.

Bitter because he's been dropped from the Spain squad in the past and when he has they've excelled without him' date=' he was dreadful at the World Cup, Soldado has proved himself IMO that he can score. If Torres was playing for Liverpool right now I wouldn't want him going because he's a liability in his current form when there are better Spanish Strikers.

Negredo and Llorente are fine as Target Men but you need somebody who needs one chance to get a goal and in current form Soldado is that man not Torres.[/quote']

He was injured in the World Cup, I can imagine you were moaning about Spain playing him through an injury back then so don't give me that bologne.

Won them the last European competition mate. Bitter because he left Liverpool, gunning against him you are! :P Soldado is a cracking forward, better than Negredo, but not then Torres.

Torres is the man Spain need. Experienced, can handle the pressure and has a proven track record.

It's like so many Irish players selected for the tournament, experienced and trusted by the manager.

Think about it, you know I'm right. ;)

He was injured in the World Cup' date=' I can imagine you were moaning about Spain playing him through an injury back then so don't give me that bologne.

Won them the last European competition mate. Bitter because he left Liverpool, gunning against him you are! :P Soldado is a cracking forward, better than Negredo, but not then Torres.

Torres is the man Spain need. Experienced, can handle the pressure and has a proven track record.

It's like so many Irish players selected for the tournament, experienced and trusted by the manager.

Think about it, you know I'm right. ;)[/quote']

No I believe it makes more sense to take players on form rather than experience

Soldado is on the form of his life and is right in his prime, Torres is coming off a poor season where he was not trusted enough to start a Champions League final or take a penalty. Adrian had a fantastic debut as well but has also been snubbed, to be honest as a Spain fan Bosque's got it very wrong this year and without David Villa I dread to think how this Euro's will go.

No I believe it makes more sense to take players on form rather than experience

Soldado is on the form of his life and is right in his prime' date=' Torres is coming off a poor season where he was not trusted enough to start a Champions League final or take a penalty. Adrian had a fantastic debut as well but has also been snubbed, to be honest as a Spain fan Bosque's got it very wrong this year and without David Villa I dread to think how this Euro's will go.[/quote']

That's a load of rubbish. What you're saying is a load of tosh. If that was the case don't you think Italy would've had a completely different team in '06? The last country to have an experimental 11 in a tournament and win it, was France back in '00 (I'm not going to count Greece because they were crazy). Italy and Spain's last two squads have been based on experience.

Soldado, Negredo, Llorente are all of the same style. I'd have taken Soldado, Llorente and Torres. Torres and Soldado play a different game, they're not of the same style as one another.

Muniain has had a better season than Pedro who was non-existent. Sergio Busquets isn't exactly a good player, yet he's there.

Del Bosque has gone for players he knows and trusts. It's simple.

Villa is Spain's best attacking outlet, no doubt, but you make it sound as though they're a one man team. I don't know who's going to win, quite frankly, I don't care.

Sweden to win.

That's a load of rubbish. What you're saying is a load of tosh. If that was the case don't you think Italy would've had a completely different team in '06? The last country to have an experimental 11 in a tournament and win it' date=' was France back in '00 (I'm not going to count Greece because they were crazy). Italy and Spain's last two squads have been based on experience.

Soldado, Negredo, Llorente are all of the same style. I'd have taken Soldado, Llorente and Torres. Torres and Soldado play a different game, they're not of the same style as one another.

Muniain has had a better season than Pedro who was non-existent. Sergio Busquets isn't exactly a good player, yet he's there.

Del Bosque has gone for players he knows and trusts. It's simple.

Villa is Spain's best attacking outlet, no doubt, but you make it sound as though they're a one man team. I don't know who's going to win, quite frankly, I don't care.

Sweden to win.[/quote']

Villa single handedly carried us out of the Group Stage in the World Cup and as we saw in the Champions League this season Barcelona aren't as nearly dangerous when Villa isn't in the squad.

Del Bosque has even said that he's picked experience rather than bringing debutants in and if he carries on like that Spain's dominance will end drastically. I'm not the only one shocked that Soldado has been dropped in favour of Torres and I don't expect a Chelsea fan who's supported Torres to the death to understand why it's a wrong choice, If Torres hits form and has a good Euro's I'll hold my hands up but Soldado or Adrian seem like better choices.

As for it being tosh it's an opinion some would take form and some go for experience I agree a good mixture is needed but with strikers when one chance comes along I'd put my money on an on-form striker banging it in than anyone else.

If I was to pick the strikers I would have took Llorente, Soldado, Adrian and Negredo as all are coming off the back of brilliant seasons and as we saw from Adrian in the friendly he is like for like with David Villa with just less experience.

Villa single handedly carried us out of the Group Stage in the World Cup and as we saw in the Champions League this season Barcelona aren't as nearly dangerous when Villa isn't in the squad.

Del Bosque has even said that he's picked experience rather than bringing debutants in and if he carries on like that Spain's dominance will end drastically. I'm not the only one shocked that Soldado has been dropped in favour of Torres and I don't expect a Chelsea fan who's supported Torres to the death to understand why it's a wrong choice' date=' If Torres hits form and has a good Euro's I'll hold my hands up but Soldado or Adrian seem like better choices.

As for it being tosh it's an opinion some would take form and some go for experience I agree a good mixture is needed but with strikers when one chance comes along I'd put my money on an on-form striker banging it in than anyone else.

If I was to pick the strikers I would have took Llorente, Soldado, Adrian and Negredo as all are coming off the back of brilliant seasons and as we saw from Adrian in the friendly he is like for like with David Villa with just less experience.[/quote']

Then how did Spain win the World Cup then? You don't win a tournament unless you have a good overall side. Barca missed him, I agree there, but they don't have the sort of depth that Spain have.

No ah don't Gev.

Adrian was never an option. Never. Soldado was an option, but Torres obviously proved to Del Bosque somewhere along the line that he was more deserving of his position. In my opinion, Torres was always going to get selected for the Spain squad, it was a guarantee. You can hardly drop a World Cup and European Championship winner for two internationally inexperienced lads.

Adrian's nothing like Villa, that's ridiculous.

Azzurri.

Prandelli's list continues to dwindle. 7 players were cut today, all which I think were expected, barring Viviano who I felt had a chance at the no.2/3 spot out of the GKs;

Viviano; Criscito, Astori, Bocchetti; Cigarini, Schelotto, Verratti.

2 more players are left to be cut. This is the 25-man list that will be playing Luxembourg in a friendly;

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain);

Defenders: Abate (Milan), Balzaretti (Palermo), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Maggio (Napoli), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Inter);

Midfielders: De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Milan), Thiago Motta (PSG), Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus);

Forwards: Balotelli (Manchester City), Borini (Roma), Cassano (Milan), Destro (Siena), Di Natale (Udinese), Giovinco (Parma).

Quite a few reckon Ogbonna and one forward will get the chop; either Borini or Destro. Personally, I'd take Destro to the Euros.

Azzurri.

Prandelli's list continues to dwindle. 7 players were cut today' date=' all which I think were expected, barring Viviano who I felt had a chance at the no.2/3 spot out of the GKs;

[i']Viviano; Criscito, Astori, Bocchetti; Cigarini, Schelotto, Verratti.[/i]

2 more players are left to be cut. This is the 25-man list that will be playing Luxembourg in a friendly;

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain);

Defenders: Abate (Milan), Balzaretti (Palermo), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Maggio (Napoli), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Inter);

Midfielders: De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Milan), Thiago Motta (PSG), Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus);

Forwards: Balotelli (Manchester City), Borini (Roma), Cassano (Milan), Destro (Siena), Di Natale (Udinese), Giovinco (Parma).

Quite a few reckon Ogbonna and one forward will get the chop; either Borini or Destro. Personally, I'd take Destro to the Euros.

i'm not sure if Ogbonna will get the cop as it'll leave Italy with only 7 defenders and unlike Spain who take only 6 natural defenders but there are Busquets and Martinez who can play at defence, i think none of Italy midfield ever play in defence for NT ( i know DDR has played at CB for Roma) but it's still risky. Ogbonna quite versatile too as CB and LB

Azzurri.

Prandelli's list continues to dwindle. 7 players were cut today' date=' all which I think were expected, barring Viviano who I felt had a chance at the no.2/3 spot out of the GKs;

[i']Viviano; Criscito, Astori, Bocchetti; Cigarini, Schelotto, Verratti.[/i]

Personally, but admitedly biased, i'd take Borini. I'd love to see Borini at the Euros, and would offer Italy a goal threat. Was fantastic down here, and it's great to see how far he's come on as he was only handed his first professional game 14 months ago.

i'm not sure if Ogbonna will get the cop as it'll leave Italy with only 7 defenders and unlike Spain who take only 6 natural defenders but there are Busquets and Martinez who can play at defence' date=' i think none of Italy midfield ever play in defence for NT ( i know DDR has played at CB for Roma) but it's still risky. Ogbonna quite versatile too as CB and LB[/quote']

I think if Ogbonna doesn't get the chop, it won't be due to that as it is due to Criscito getting the cut. It's a surprise to say the least, yet not when you hear how he's been involved with Calcio Scommesse, which I'm sure isn't something Prandelli wants around his team and the circus it would create having a player on the National side, who may be possibly involved, in addition to the numerous questions which be asked by the media.

If that's the case, I'd place Ranocchia/Diamanti and Borini/Destro down to the last 2 spots.

Again, as I said on the Serie A thread, even though Prandelli hinted at a press conference that there is a possibility of taking 6 forwards, I just don't think it would be the best thing to do.

Gareth Barry is such a key part of how England play

SarcasmMeter2+gif.gif

One would need a logarithmic scale to appreciate how much better he is than Henderson (inner nerd :)).

Think he had the most caps under Capello too. Not a flashy player but more than often got the job done and faced a lot of harsh criticism for not being able to keep up with Ozil (as if any of our defensive players could :rolleyes:).

One would need a logarithmic scale to appreciate how much better he is than Henderson (inner nerd :)).

Think he had the most caps under Capello too. Not a flashy player but more than often got the job done and faced a lot of harsh criticism for not being able to keep up with Ozil (as if any of our defensive players could :rolleyes:).

Oh yeah he's better than Henderson but he's pointless under Hodgson now, Parker and Gerrard are the starters and it's not like Barry can come on and change a game with his pace is it :rolleyes: And he played brilliantly against Norway as well :eek:

Oh yeah he's better than Henderson but he's pointless under Hodgson now' date=' Parker and Gerrard are the starters and it's not like Barry can come on and change a game with his pace is it :rolleyes: And he played brilliantly against Norway as well :eek:[/quote']

And if Parker got injured (he's having achilles problems) what then? Barry is a good replacement who knows the squad very well and has played excellently for the majority of the season. Not many (if any) English players were good against Norway either...

And if Parker got injured (he's having achilles problems) what then? Barry is a good replacement who knows the squad very well and has played excellently for the majority of the season. Not many (if any) English players were good against Norway either...

jordan-henderson_1763176c.jpg

TrollFaceDancing.gif

Barry not fully fit either.

Ninja EDIT: Barry is out.

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2012/May/28/barry-out-parker-fit-for-england/

Anyone else watching the panorama programme on the Polish/Ukraine fans?

Some of the fans look like absolute scum bags' date=' and the programme's been on for about two minutes.[/quote']

If you listened to any of the warnings before the 2010 World Cup, all of the South Africans were going to mug you and they turned out to be extremely enthusiastic, pleasant hosts.

Sure there'll be some horrible fans in Poland/Ukraine but that's the same for everywhere. England had a terrible reputation (might still do) some years ago.