Your Worst SM Decision

Flux

Re: Your Worst SM Decision

My decisions aren't too bad compared to some other people but I missed out on Toloi and Ganso by just a few hours and 10k. I also signed just Ranocchia when he was 80 and didn't get Bonucci because he supposed to be the lesser talent of the two, that still might just be an expensive mistake though as I'm going to get him later this week :D Also sold Galeano earlier on this season, probably buy him back though.

EDIT just remembered Pique was at an external club earlier this season, I could've traded Cannavaro + some money for him I think but I'd get more money for Cannavaro if I transfer listed him (only like 300k) so being the penny counting manager that I am, I did that, a couple of days later I had enough money for him, went to put a bid in and BOOM Man U had their bid already accepted. Absolutely gutted. For the sake of 300k I could now have a 94 rated centre back.

Best was buying loads of high rated but old players when they were really cheap, I remember signing in the day after the system was changed and the value of my team was like 5 times what it was the day before. I've had Neymar since he was 76, Schennikov and Makeev since they were 74, Lukaku since he was 75 etc. etc.

sold diego for £30M then he rose the next day and was worth a ton more.... but then the next day i rectified this when i bought Rooney for £36M

EDIT: scrap that think it was back in 2008 i sold Diarra when he was at portsmouth then 2 weeks later he signed at Real Madrid! cant say i was to happy with myself....

can I add someone else's worst SM decision? :D

I bid for Lukaku and Mukendi for chairman value when they broke through at Anderlecht and Lukaku wasn't such a big name yet

I wasn't able to log in for a few days so I didn't notice that another manager had bid for both after me. He obviously didn't have a lot of money and could only afford to outbid me for one and not the other so he had to pick one.

He outbid me for Mukendi and let me have Lukaku :D

since then Lukaku has become the hottest prospect in European football, broken into the first team, has the interest of all the top teams and has risen to 87.

Mukendi has been away on loan and is still rated 75.

In my English Championship it is mainly my Plymouth Argyle side and the Aston Villa who buy all the risers. Me like a numpty I sold Higuain back to Real Madrid when he was 92 and then the Aston Villa manager signed him after his TB had expired.

I was reeling over it for ages when I realised I shouldn't have let him go. :(

But on the plus side he has sold prospects like Badstuber, Pastore, Otamendi and Bonucci back to their external clubs which I then went to and signed them and they have since risen. :P

My decisions aren't too bad compared to some other people but I missed out on Toloi and Ganso by just a few hours and 10k. I also signed just Ranocchia when he was 80 and didn't get Bonucci because he supposed to be the lesser talent of the two' date=' that still might just be an expensive mistake though as I'm going to get him later this week :D Also sold Galeano earlier on this season, probably buy him back though.

[b']EDIT just remembered Pique was at an external club earlier this season, I could've traded Cannavaro + some money for him I think but I'd get more money for Cannavaro if I transfer listed him (only like 300k) so being the penny counting manager that I am, I did that, a couple of days later I had enough money for him, went to put a bid in and BOOM Man U had their bid already accepted. Absolutely gutted. For the sake of 300k I could now have a 94 rated centre back.

[/b]

Best was buying loads of high rated but old players when they were really cheap, I remember signing in the day after the system was changed and the value of my team was like 5 times what it was the day before. I've had Neymar since he was 76, Schennikov and Makeev since they were 74, Lukaku since he was 75 etc. etc.

That would be my vote for the worst decision ever made. :D I can't think of anything too bad myself other than the usual dithering on buying some players, had them shortlisted and being away for the weekend and finding them gone. Seeing it on your Blackberry and not being able to respond to some bids was difficult, then trying to find a dam internet cafe in Maine or New Hampshire to correct it was a total waste of time. I used to live in Dublin, and on every street corner there was an internet cafe, while they are very very hard to find even in the cities here in the US.

I can't really think of any decisions I've made that have been that bad tbh, altho I dilly-dallied over whether I wanted to sign Thiago Silva. When I decided I did, my friend had also decided he wanted him and I got outbidded. So I had to sign Kjaer for over 4m more and he's rated 1 less. Although it is Kjaer, so I can't complain too much I guess. ;)

Oh man, i made 3 all at once. Still haunts me!

Bear in mind i was new to the game and system but still no excuses!

I turned down the chance to sign Schweiny (for 14M) Busquets and Lloris and instead chose Frey, Melo and Lucho. Not terrible but lost out on 3 massive players now, oh well.

Made up for it with some nice risers as my Toffees team are now tinkering on £300 Mil total worth first season think its not a total loss :D And making a bid on Schweiny at the mo , think that will ease the pain lol

Bought Federico Macheda for 20 million in a Scottish Championship after his Man. Utd debut :P rather than signing Lucho Gonzales.

Macheda - 80' date=' Lucho Gonzales - 93[/quote']

why would you do that even after that debut !!!!!!

complete fool :P

Not buying Otamendi when he was in his 70's :o

Instead i used the money a week later to buy Fiorilli who is still stuck way down in his low low rating.

Alrite Bourkey...

I'm new on these forums but i'm in your Bradford gameworld with Norwich City, have a look at my team and let me know what you think? You have done pretty well at Bradford and got some good players. I will be looking out and bidding with you on the new risers for this season and hopefully i will be in the prem next season, its a tough setup though, not many decent players at unmanaged clubs...

Anyway, my worst decision was selling Gamara in my Chelsea team 6 weeks ago before he went up... Made up for it though by selling Cech for 55mil and buying Cesar from an unmanaged club, also selling Lampard for 37mil... My Chelsea team in a custom world now has 101 players, 6 out on loan and a squad value of 510 mil...

In a setup I'm in I've seen someone swap out Maylson and Bertoglio for Mats Rits. I was happy enough to stump up the chairmans max for Bertoglio before he got his big rise. That same team has some cracking young players, so it must have been a massive example of misjudgment by them to have swapped 2 young guys who were 74/75 for the wrong young guy who was 16 and 75. :)

Alrite Bourkey...

I'm new on these forums but i'm in your Bradford gameworld with Norwich City' date=' have a look at my team and let me know what you think? You have done pretty well at Bradford and got some good players. I will be looking out and bidding with you on the new risers for this season and hopefully i will be in the prem next season, its a tough setup though, not many decent players at unmanaged clubs...

Anyway, my worst decision was selling Gamara in my Chelsea team 6 weeks ago before he went up... Made up for it though by selling Cech for 55mil and buying Cesar from an unmanaged club, also selling Lampard for 37mil... My Chelsea team in a custom world now has 101 players, 6 out on loan and a squad value of 510 mil...[/quote']

I wondered who was stealing all the better risers! :P

If your in need of any loans feel free to make bids but im undergoing a revamp at the moment so not sure who ill be keeping. :P

Im still only looking at getting the higher risers now as with my bigger squad alot of them are rated really low, so only the Plus +5/6/7's are the ones that im interested in. Brought a few in atm and im just waiting now.. good luck with the rest of the season too bud. You should have my new team done in about 2 weeks so ill let you know how im feeling with loans etc.. :)

I'm aware of a highly respected forumer with LOADS of GC honours' date=' who this year, in a GC, traded Arjen Robben for Roma keeper Doni and Julio Baptista!!![/quote']

LOL! Give us a name give us a name! Just kidding (I'm not kidding).

Maybe he had other good wingers and not a good 'keeper or CM?

Got them back like 3 weeks ago:D

I've done this before with my excellent Real Salt Lake team, they went on offer and I was so annoyed that I PMed every manager in the GW and asked them not to accept it. About 5 managers replied saying they wouldn't, but a few managers hadn't logged in for a while and I think it was offered to one of them, it wasn't accepted and I got it back on my main account. Yeahh, Dabzo strikes again.