African Championship 1

pclark

Re: African Championship 1

A 3-2 loss for Bidvest means that Sunday's game against 3rd place Al-Hillman Imp is just huge' date=' with a draw perhaps even letting Ashanti Gold in through the back-door! Way too tight for my liking. :o

Well done to Bourkey too for a well deserved title. You bounced back from that stuffing Bidvest gave you really well. :)[/quote']

Cheers buddy, was a hard slog towards the end of the season but glad to have won it now. Cheers for the race aswell its what keeps this setup interesting, as much as it may not be very active its still pretty good.

I'd love to get more people in for Season 3 as it is becoming slightly dead. :P

Anyway not sure how im going to hold out in Div 1 now.. need a serious revamp of players i didnt make any new signings this season! :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, it's been a while since anyone posted here but things at Bidvest never stop. In line with our 'Africans only' policy, on the back of signing Mr. Eto'o the Wits are pleased to announce yet another quality arrival,

Michael ESSIEN has completed his move to Bidvest Wits from Chelsea for £372,000 plus Yayá TOURE and Mounir EL HAMDAOUI

:)

• 2 months later...

After winning the Div 2 title Bidvest finally complete their climb from Div 3 to Div 1. This though has to be the funniest thing I've seen on SM in a long time! :P

Your chairman has increased the capacity of the Stadium by 520 seats. The new capacity has now increased to 5,520

520?! :confused::P There's a team with 94,700 in that league, and the 2nd lowest is 10,000!

And yet,

This season your Chairman expects you to qualify for a SMFA competition.

:rolleyes:

After winning the Div 2 title Bidvest finally complete their climb from Div 3 to Div 1.

Glad to have you up at the top at last Jooles. Not many of us original managers still left. You still 100% African? Quite the job you done getting that team to Division 1. I just missed out on the title last season at Mamelodi, hoping to go one better this year.

Glad to have you up at the top at last Jooles. Not many of us original managers still left. You still 100% African? Quite the job you done getting that team to Division 1. I just missed out on the title last season at Mamelodi' date=' hoping to go one better this year.[/quote']

Thanks, yeah, it's taken me a while :o (well, 1 more season than it should have - I lost out on the playoffs last year when I should have really won it)

And yep, still 100% African (or I am when I can offload my lone Belgium, SM switched his nationality on me!). Not easy doing it that way. Not only do you limit your player choice, but even worse, it's bloody hard to find enough risers to grow quickly enough! Managed to work my way up to buying Eto'o and Essien though, very pleased with that :D

Can't see myself challenging with you for the title (this season ;)). I have my goals, but I'll keep them to myself for now ;) One of my favorite challenges though, all the more now that they've only given me a 520 seat increase! (I'm hardly bringing home though dough there! :o:p)

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to have you up at the top at last Jooles. Not many of us original managers still left. You still 100% African? Quite the job you done getting that team to Division 1. I just missed out on the title last season at Mamelodi' date=' hoping to go one better this year.[/quote']

Not just 100% African now but have fully Africanised my team. Check it out, I guarantee you will not fail to be impressed! ;)

Not bad for a little old team worth a few million to begin with and still with a ground capacity of just 5,520! :P

My favorite project on SM right now! :D

Just to add, here's the order of countries in which I signed players from every African country. Eritrea, Djibouti, Western Sahara, the Seychelles, and Reunion have no players on the database right now and come up red, and of course newly independent South Sudan (about time!) doesn't feature on SM yet :)

hzyc4TPTUmM

P.S., if anyone know how to stop high res images/movies coming up crappy on youtube please let me know :o

I'll maybe try and add more detail to make the video better with players, flags, and such when I have more time...

• 3 weeks later...

I am in here still as well :)

I joined after 7 games in ..Have been here 120 games .

Lost interest after the second season and my club form went downhill after that

I was pretty succesful fisrt 2 seasons though.

2 Charity Shield Runner-Up Dan Malone

2 African Championship 1 Shield Winner Dan Malone

2 Division 1 Runner-Up Dan Malone

1 African Championship 1 Cup Winner Dan Malone

1 Division 1 Winner Dan Malone

Still here with Mamelodi Sundowns - not much activity the last season or so, but thats because we have a solid squad now.

Challenged up until the last week or so every season for the title, hoping to have a real go this season.

• 3 months later...

wow - glad to see a few of you guys still here. Was very competitive in the first 2 seasons or so, but forum participation dropped off.

Welcome smut, there arent many postings on here for it, but lots of managers in the league so hopefully might work out for you.

thanks clarky,

i will see the season out at least and then it will depend on the time i have available.

the lack of forum posting doesnt bother me at all, the reason for joining is to have a club that can bid for top players as i dont have any experience at that.

tonight is the first game for my new fully fit squad, hoping its not a disaster as i have spent all the money and its a long time until i can bring in others.