African Championship 1

pclark

Re: African Championship 1

Moroka Swallows 4 - 0 Ghazl Al Mehalla

M.SHIVAMBU 11, 34

N.ABEGGLEN 36

T.BARBARIC 52

:)

Lovely start to the season for Moroka. :) Sitting second in the league now and i know its very early days but its always nice to be up there. :P

Clean sheet aswell so im very happy with that. :D

Guest Higgy

Ittihad beat Stade Tunisien 3-0 in the opening game, a double from El Shayeb and a late goal from Gatian.

Really need the external's to start bidding as I'm in debt as it is..

From my experience in custom worlds, externals start bidding a few turns into the game season.

A 1-1 draw for Mamelodi Sundowns against Haras El Hodood. Not the best score but looks like we got hammered looking at the stats, I'll settle for it.

Hi All,

Your league looked super interesting and I couldn't resist signing up.

I've got a couple of quick clarification questions regarding the league rules:

Under the 'Game Overview' the 'Game World Rules' states, "Can only offer cash to unmanaged clubs" but then below in the 'Extra Rules" it is written, "Buying from Unmanaged Clubs: NOT ALLOWED"

I presume it is the 2nd one, the extra rules that counts? Can someone please confirm that this is so? And if so, why the contradicition? Can this difference be fixed?

Also, the 'Game World Rules' states, "Can offer cash and players in deals to external clubs", so it seems clear that outside of the leagues anything goes in terms of transfers? Just making sure.

Oh, and what is the penalty for breaking these rules? Not that I intend to, just wondering what that rule is.

My apologies for so many questions, and sorry if these issues have already come up on this forum (haven't had time to read it all yet). I just want to make sure I know the gig from the outset. I look forward to meeting you all on gameday!

Guest Higgy

Also' date=' the 'Game World Rules' states, "Can offer cash and players in deals to external clubs", so it seems clear that outside of the leagues anything goes in terms of transfers? Just making sure.[/quote']

That's correct.

Oh' date=' and what is the penalty for breaking these rules? Not that I intend to, just wondering what that rule is.[/quote']

There isn't a penalty, as you can't break them, SM won't allow you to bid for players at unmanaged clubs.

I'm Jomo Cosmos btw. My team is pap :D

I'm sorry but i had the worst team to start of with. :D.

I can't be bothered typing what i have said about my team anymore.

Hopefully get 2 more risers. I love that fact that since my team is so pap i am pretty much guarnteed to go 10k's as my chairman will let me pay up to not 20k but more 46.5k for a 10k. So i will definatley get them :D (i hope)

I'm sorry but i had the worst team to start of with. :D.

I can't be bothered typing what i have said about my team anymore.

Hopefully get 2 more risers. I love that fact that since my team is so pap i am pretty much guarnteed to go 10k's as my chairman will let me pay up to not 20k but more 46.5k for a 10k. So i will definatley get them :D (i hope)

At least i start with 7m in the bank :D

Im just like you mate :P Im running myself into debt and ive almost got the minimum number of players :P Still trying to sell though, then im hoping to bulk up with a few more risers.. just hoping i dont go too far under, as im hanging just above atm. :P

Okay, so I'm in with Bidvest Wits in Div 3.

A bit of a case of look before you leap with this team! Arriving late to the African party meant there were slim pickings but with 28 players, a decent budget, an average rating of 78, and a total value of 27.1M (5th in Div 3) I thought I'd done not bad. I mean there's worse for sure. I pity the poor soul who gets Liberty Professionals, now there's a challenge. :o

Trouble is, I was looking at the short-term perspective rather than the long term one. Buyer beware as they say so make sure that you take time to read all of the fine print first. Case in point? - stadium capacity of 5,000! :eek:

5000?! Talk about a tight wage bill! Looks like I'll be running a deficit for sure!

Which brings me back to the name, Bidvest Wits. Looks like the joke was on me! :P Anyway, plenty of changes afoot at the 'Wits' so keep an eye on that transfer window and pretty soon that 5,000 capacity stadium will be packed to the rafters. Well, it had better be!

The offer for David ALCARAZ of Rubio Ñú from Heart of Lions has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly
The offer for Jorge GONZALEZ of Libertad from Heart of Lions has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly

Yes. Another two 10k's i am suprised at the amount of 10k's i have got. Overpayed for Gonzalez but hopefully it'll be worth it. :)

Just added this in the league newspaper. Either reply here or in the paper on the league for those who dont check here...

>>Well it's been a busy pre-season and most teams have bought lots of new faces. Now the season is underway I was wondering who your best signing was. Was it a big money player? A bargain signing? or a young, potential riser? Your choice!

1 player per team and then we'll have a grand vote/poll from everyone to decide who was the best pre-season signing.

Just added this in the league newspaper. Either reply here or in the paper on the league for those who dont check here...

>>Well it's been a busy pre-season and most teams have bought lots of new faces. Now the season is underway I was wondering who your best signing was. Was it a big money player? A bargain signing? or a young' date=' potential riser? Your choice!

1 player per team and then we'll have a grand vote/poll from everyone to decide who was the best pre-season signing.[/quote']

Good Idea pclark.:D

I am actually struggling to decide on my best transfer:confused: I'll go with Marin though. So Marin is my best pre-season signing IMO.

Transfer Message

Yevhen KONOPLYANKA has completed his move to Jomo Cosmos from Dnipro for £1,400,000 plus Papi MNGOMEZULU

Transfer Message

Canedo Corrêa CAIO has completed his move to Jomo Cosmos from Botafogo for £550,000

Transfer Message

Craig EASTMOND has completed his move to Jomo Cosmos from Arsenal for £500,000

Transfer Message

Zakaria LABYAD has completed his move to Jomo Cosmos from PSV for £550,000

:)

>>Well it's been a busy pre-season and most teams have bought lots of new faces. Now the season is underway I was wondering who your best signing was. Was it a big money player? A bargain signing? or a young' date=' potential riser? Your choice!

1 player per team and then we'll have a grand vote/poll from everyone to decide who was the best pre-season signing.[/quote']

For mine i will have to go with Yevhen Khacheridi - Moroka Swallows. He was my first big name signing and is my joint highest player, but i got him quite cheap as i gave away two players who were nothing special. An ever dropping 82 and a younger player rated 76 i think it was, and a bit of money (Roughley 1M). Quite good considering that was his Chair Val, and now hes worth almost 10M! :D

Yeah, nice idea. I'll get back to you when I can finally get my first transfer through. I've a quick question first though:

After sticking my players on the transfer list I accepted a number of bids without really looking at who they were from. Then, when a number of bids fell through I wondered why so looked a bit closer.

Turns out that I had had 3 bids all from the same club, 'Ama zulu'. How can this be? I thought you could only have one active deal with one club at a time. Is there a problem or is that how it is set up in this gameworld?

Regardless, it's kinda put a stop to my intended spending spree. That'll teach me for counting those chickens before they've hatched!

Recent transfers:

Victor OBINNA (87) - cost me 3.0M + 77 rated Rantjie, now worth 9.6M. Bought just for his goal celebrations!

lMA4nTI5LCY

Accepted bids:

Richard KINGSON (84)

Kamohelo MOKOTJO (76)

Mahamadou DIARRA (90)

John MENSAH (88)

So far I'd say my best signing so far is Diarra, even though he's could soon be leaving Real. He cost me 1.5M + 79-rated VILAKAZI and 77-rated PHUNGWAYO and is now valued by my chairman at 12.6M.

lassana.jpg

That's Lassana Diarra (92) not Mo Diarra (90)

Oh' date=' ha-ha! :o Too many Diarra's! That'll teach me for being lazy using the yahoo search engine. Too busy watching the Spain/Germany game.

So the question is, did I sign the wrong player or just put the wrong photo up?!

Let's try again. Must admit, he looks a bit gutted having just been told he's been sold to the 'Wits':

[img']http://www.gentedigital.es/upload/fotos/blogs_entradas/200906/diarrainterior_grande.jpg[/img]

Ha-ha! Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch. The Diarra saga continues. Maybe we could also have a section for the best signing that wasn't?

My message today: "The deal involving Mahamadou DIARRA has collapsed as the player refuses to sign for Bidvest Wits" :confused:

I've never even seen that before?!. Life in the basement isn hard enough without players snubbing their noses at you!