Most Overrated Players Thread

★A2R★

Re: Most Overrated Players Thread

Most Overated Player ever he scores a couple of easy goals then he gets added at 80 lol..

federico_macheda3_1379675c.jpg

wouldnt say his winner against villa was easy..not sure about the ratings in this game work so if hes not 80 so be it but hes done more than fabio whos the same rating, he will come good this season if he stays clear of injury

wouldnt say his winner against villa was easy..not sure about the ratings in this game work so if hes not 80 so be it but hes done more than fabio whos the same rating' date=' he will come good this season if he stays clear of injury[/quote']

his winner against villa was nothing special..B)

Ever listened to a player getting praise from some 'Pundit' and got really angry about it' date=' ever read something about a player and got really angry?

We all hate a overrated player and so i created this thread so if we can get it of our chest.

I will start of with mine...

Sergi Busquets: An even funnier player than his name, i dont really see what he does, also the thing that annoys me the most is how he can start ahead of Yahya Toure:eek:

Imo wouldve made a better actor than a footballer:D

[img']http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx278/abdulrehman786/bsud.jpg[/img]

What does everyone have against Busquets for crying out loud? I wish I was overrated, because then I might be as good as the lad! He's by no means the greatest player in the world, but his role on the pitch is an understated one, so he'll never shine like Messi, Iniesta and Xavi do. It's not like he's overrated on SM either, being a regular for the best club side in the world, for whom he has achieved multiple medals both domestically and continentally. AND he's only 21, so he's got plenty of time to improve.

Owen Hargreaves' date=' 90 Rated, but whens the last time he played.

Reuben De La Red - same as Hargreaves.

Garay, Marques, Milito - all 91/92 yet they don't even start for there teams.

Tim Cahill to be 91, when Arteta's 90 is ridicolous.

[b']Carrick at 92, what were they thinking.[/b]

Hemry at 92 is still pretty high, seeing as Jeffren (85) is preffered to him.

Kaka at 97, whilst Gerrard is at 95.

Ronaldo at the same rating as Messi is incorrect aswell.

Hargreaves is a great player.

Garay is 90. Marquez is 90. Milito is 91.

Carrick was Man Utd's best player the season before last when they won the league and lost the final of the Champions League to Barcelona.

Henry used to be the best footballer in the world and was a regular for the great Arsenal side that went the season undefeated and then for Barcelona, where he won the Champions League and more. Jeffren has....umm....done nothing.

Kaka > Gerrard, although Kaka should be 96.

Ratings aren't just all based on the here and now; they also take into account what's gone on in the past.

Introducing the 2nd coming of Ricardo Quaresma.....

Angel Di Maria!

Finally' date=' a decent suggestion. Not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, but he's thoroughly over-hyped by people on here and, mainly, the media who forever associate him with a transfer to England.

Only a matter of time:

zlatan.jpg

Pg-52-Berbatov-AFPGE_50711t.jpg

! That's what peer pressue buying can lead too !

Better suggestions, SJ.

233703.png

Martin Demichelis

Another top shout.

My suggestion goes to.......drumroll please..............:

theo-walcott_01.jpg

The would-be League One player if it wasn't for his pace, Theo Walcott.

Finally' date=' a decent suggestion. Not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, but he's thoroughly over-hyped by people on here and, mainly, the media who forever associate him with a transfer to England.

[/quote']

i'm one of the few people on here who've actually seen the lad play in person, and really was not impressed with him. glen johnson is supposed to be this god awful defender, why did di maria do nothing whatsoever against him? i was expecting to see him take players on, basically a better version of riera (he's quite a tall lad) but the only thing of note that i saw him do was telling phillip degen to (insert expletive) off after they scored to make it 3-1.

he only did stuff in the first leg because benfica had a man advantage, but whilst there is something there he definitely isnt a EUR25m standard player and i'll bet any money he'll flop in madrid, esp as mourinho's the coach and he's got an awful record of developing younger players and i wouldnt be that shocked if come 2013 he's playing in the bundesliga, a lesser spanish/italian team (valencia/villareal/palermo/sampdoria type) or even back in south america - going to real madrid when he's still got a fair bit of development is a really bad career move for him

My suggestion goes to.......drumroll please..............:

theo-walcott_01.jpg

The would-be League One player if it wasn't for his pace' date=' Theo Walcott.[/quote']

englands horrific youth development structure is summed up by theo walcott

i know wenger's got a darn good eye for talent, but he ballsed up big time with theo

oh, and can i suggest wayne rooney in this - he isnt in the class of messi like so many think (or ronaldo, villa, iniesta etc), he's a top premiership player but he's not one of the top, top players in the world

What does everyone have against Busquets for crying out loud? I wish I was overrated' date=' because then I might be as good as the lad! He's by no means the greatest player in the world, but his role on the pitch is an understated one, so he'll never shine like Messi, Iniesta and Xavi do. It's not like he's overrated on SM either, being a regular for the best club side in the world, for whom he has achieved multiple medals both domestically and continentally. AND he's only 21, so he's got plenty of time to improve.[/quote']

And I have to give the compliment back to you. Good not agree more about Busquets. Hes not the most fancy of players (even though he can produce a bit of skill at times!), but he definitely gets the job done and cleans up well in front of the defence. People always say 'Pep likes him because he is from Catalan country or another daft reason' and thats why he plays ahead of Toure, tell me why then Busquets starts for Spain??

And I have to give the compliment back to you. Good not agree more about Busquets. Hes not the most fancy of players (even though he can produce a bit of skill at times!)' date=' but he definitely gets the job done and cleans up well in front of the defence. People always say 'Pep likes him because he is from Catalan country or another daft reason' and thats why he plays ahead of Toure,[b'] tell me why then Busquets starts for Spain??
[/b]

Because of the reasons you and Andy have said.

He'll be a quality player for the future.

i'm one of the few people on here who've actually seen the lad play in person' date=' and really was not impressed with him. glen johnson is supposed to be this god awful defender, why did di maria do nothing whatsoever against him? i was expecting to see him take players on, basically a better version of riera (he's quite a tall lad) but the only thing of note that i saw him do was telling phillip degen to (insert expletive) off after they scored to make it 3-1.

he only did stuff in the first leg because benfica had a man advantage, but whilst there is something there he definitely isnt a EUR25m standard player and i'll bet any money he'll flop in madrid, esp as mourinho's the coach and he's got an awful record of developing younger players and i wouldnt be that shocked if come 2013 he's playing in the bundesliga, a lesser spanish/italian team (valencia/villareal/palermo/sampdoria type) or even back in south america - going to real madrid when he's still got a fair bit of development is a really bad career move for him[/quote']

I foresee that future for Di Maria as well, I'm afraid, and I'm sure that DerbyPower would also share that opinion (he may be slightly biased being a Benfica-hating Porto fan, but he has seen the lad play more than any of us put together).

englands horrific youth development structure is summed up by theo walcott

This.

oh' date=' and can i suggest wayne rooney in this - he isnt in the class of messi like so many think (or ronaldo, villa, iniesta etc), he's a top premiership player but he's not one of the top, top players in the world[/quote']

You know, I was going to put forward Rooney as a suggestion before having my Walcott brainwave. Did you know that nobody has been tackled and/or lost possession on more occasions than Wayne Rooney in the 2010 World Cup?

And I have to give the compliment back to you. Good not agree more about Busquets. Hes not the most fancy of players (even though he can produce a bit of skill at times!)' date=' but he definitely gets the job done and cleans up well in front of the defence. People always say 'Pep likes him because he is from Catalan country or another daft reason' and thats why he plays ahead of Toure, tell me why then Busquets starts for Spain??[/quote']

Thought you'd concur Kenny - seen you defend Busquets in the past. I honestly wish I was as bad a player as Busquets is.

And I have to give the compliment back to you. Good not agree more about Busquets. Hes not the most fancy of players (even though he can produce a bit of skill at times!)' date=' but he definitely gets the job done and cleans up well in front of the defence. People always say 'Pep likes him because he is from Catalan country or another daft reason' and thats why he plays ahead of Toure, tell me why then Busquets starts for Spain??[/quote']

Exactly. People need to realise he is a good player, and then you dont get in ahead of Fabregas just because your a more liked person, its because the role you do for your country is much better than what alot of people think. If he really was that bad then he would have been demoted to the bench along time ago. I like him as a player for the role he does, but he does need to sort out his diving issues :P

Right or wrong place.....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6236456,00.html

Real Madrid have confirmed they have completed the signing of Benfica winger Angel di Maria.

The 22-year-old has signed a six-year contract at the Bernabeu and moves for a reported fee of €25million (£20.3million).

£20mil is not too bad I guess, but he'll flop anyway.

Most Overated Player ever he scores a couple of easy goals then he gets added at 80 lol..

federico_macheda3_1379675c.jpg

he is most defiantly 80 quality imo more, i think he has been moves to the first team too quickly, look at him in reserve matches, he is a regular goal scorer and on many occasions scored hat-ricks, keep and eye out, one for the future.

Did you know that nobody has been tackled and/or lost possession on more occasions than Wayne Rooney in the 2010 World Cup?

saw that somewhere else - hyped up as the white pele' date=' but at this world cup he isnt even the white heskey...

I think it is unfair for everyone saying hes never good or ive never seen anything. just watch him

some of us have done so in person, hence our opinions ;)

I'm sure I'll get some diferences of opinions, but for me, Kaka is one of the most overrated players out there. Time and time again I watch games he's playing in, whether Milan, Madrid, or Brazil, and he frankly isn't that good. He loses posession far too much, from bad passes or poor touches. Also, it seems every time he gets into the final third, he lacks all creativity to take on defenders, forcing him to try and force bad crosses into the box, or it hits off defenders. As well as his passing and touch, he rarely scores anymore for someone who is supposed to be of his "class," especially given the freedom he has for club and country.

Again, just my opinion, but for me Kaka is no where near top class.

What does everyone have against Busquets for crying out loud? I wish I was overrated' date=' because then I might be as good as the lad! He's by no means the greatest player in the world, but his role on the pitch is an understated one, so he'll never shine like Messi, Iniesta and Xavi do. It's not like he's overrated on SM either, being a regular for the best club side in the world, for whom he has achieved multiple medals both domestically and continentally. AND he's only 21, so he's got plenty of time to improve.

[/quote']

i think that dm are no longer understated, teams have started to realaise that they are important to sides after makelele's succesful career, busquets may be a good player but the thing that baffles me is that he starts ahaid of yahya, also for spain, i think in a couple of years time javi martinez will take his place.