Most Overrated Players Thread

★A2R★

Re: Most Overrated Players Thread

I'm sure I'll get some diferences of opinions' date=' but for me, Kaka is one of the most overrated players out there. Time and time again I watch games he's playing in, whether Milan, Madrid, or Brazil, and he frankly isn't that good. He loses posession far too much, from bad passes or poor touches. Also, it seems every time he gets into the final third, he lacks all creativity to take on defenders, forcing him to try and force bad crosses into the box, or it hits off defenders. As well as his passing and touch, he rarely scores anymore for someone who is supposed to be of his "class," especially given the freedom he has for club and country.

Again, just my opinion, but for me Kaka is no where near top class.[/quote']

I'm by no means an avid follower and haven't seen him play all that much but I think Kaka was class. He definitely seems to have lost something in the past few years, whether it's not being the big fish any more (Pato, Ronaldinho at Milan and the Galacticos II) or the move to Spain but he isn't showing the class he once had. Overrated by SM at 97 if they're judging on the last 2 seasons mind.

I'm by no means an avid follower and haven't seen him play all that much but I think Kaka was class. He definitely seems to have lost something in the past few years' date=' whether it's not being the big fish any more (Pato, Ronaldinho at Milan and the Galacticos II) or the move to Spain but he isn't showing the class he once had. Overrated by SM at 97 if they're judging on the last 2 seasons mind.[/quote']

hes lacking that spark he used to have, also his decision making has gone very poor,i think if you keep gettin niggling injuries it will effect your performance and also a new enviroment will also, altho i think he hopefully will be back, like dinho

I'm by no means an avid follower and haven't seen him play all that much but I think Kaka was class. He definitely seems to have lost something in the past few years' date=' whether it's not being the big fish any more (Pato, Ronaldinho at Milan and the Galacticos II) or the move to Spain but he isn't showing the class he once had. Overrated by SM at 97 if they're judging on the last 2 seasons mind.[/quote']

think he's got some issues with his groin nowadays, but its clear that there's something missing compared to 05-07 kaka

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

saw that somewhere else - hyped up as the white pele' date=' but at this world cup he isnt even the white heskey...[/b']

some of us have done so in person, hence our opinions ;)

hahahaha

Nice one.

Mmm' date=' overrated players?

Pedro... everyone thinks he's going to be the next big thing and most of the people don't even watch him play. If you are fast and play on the wings, you re going to be the next world player:rolleyes:

Also, Nasri and Jovetic![/quote']

I watched every match Barcelona last season,except around 3 and he isn't just fast.

He can dribble, cross, shoot, pass decently and he is two footed. He scored 20+ goals in his debut season.

Name me another young up and coming winger who can do all of that. :)

Mmm' date=' overrated players?

Pedro... everyone thinks he's going to be the next big thing and most of the people don't even watch him play. If you are fast and play on the wings, you re going to be the next world player:rolleyes:

Also, Nasri and Jovetic![/quote']

i think pedro is underrated more than anything, the highest that iniesta has ever scored in one season is something like 9, what youve got to remeber is that pedro got so much game time this season mainly cos of inesta's injury, and boy did barca not miss him, hes scored some reeally important goals this season, dont think ireallly nedd to reminnd people of them, also whenever he has played for spain, hes also been very good

Agree with jovetic tho and maybe with nasri.

who said he is rated high?

Just about every United fan :P I'm of the opinion that he's a long way off being a top PL defender but they seem to think he'll be a dab hand at taking over from Ferdinand/Vidic (whichever retires or leaves first). Watch this by Weiss when he was a youth team player and Evans was getting minutes in United's first team.

zMr_Mw9CVIE

He was hopeless against Milan yet some people (well, one person) has the impression he's better than Pique :eek: Ridiculously overrated by some however his SM rating is about right.

@Aidan, I disagree on Ramos and Lescott is a weird one. City over-payed for him to the point that people now underrate him. He's a very good defender and towards the end of last season was much better than Toure who is IMO a much more overrated player. How is he still 93?