Most Overrated Players Thread

★A2R★

Re: Most Overrated Players Thread

Just about every United fan :P I'm of the opinion that he's a long way off being a top PL defender but they seem to think he'll be a dab hand at taking over from Ferdinand/Vidic (whichever retires or leaves first). Watch this by Weiss when he was a youth team player and Evans was getting minutes in United's first team.

zMr_Mw9CVIE

He was hopeless against Milan yet some people (well' date=' one person) has the impression he's better than Pique :eek: Ridiculously overrated by some however his SM rating is about right.

@Aidan, I disagree on Ramos and Lescott is a weird one. City over-payed for him to the point that people now underrate him. He's a very good defender and towards the end of last season was much better than Toure who is IMO a much more overrated player. How is he still 93?[/quote']

Height of desperation if there was one. You've now posted this video about 6 times, a video where Evans is playing as a left back (guessing that's where his LB position on SM has come). And as you don't know I think I should let you know Evans is a CB. He played much more than he should've last season due to injuries, many times playing through niggles himself helping United to the best defensive record in the league. Evans is a better defender than Pique, just like Vidic is the better defender than Ferdinand. But Ferdinand and Pique are better players. This however might be beyond your intellect I guess.

Was pondering wether to include Pique in this. Getting 94 for lazing at the back while Xavi and Iniesta keep the ball. Not too bad a life I guess:rolleyes:

Height of desperation if there was one. You've now posted this video about 6 times' date=' a video where Evans is playing as a left back (guessing that's where his LB position on SM has come). And as you don't know I think I should let you know Evans is a CB. He played much more than he should've last season due to injuries, many times playing through niggles himself helping United to the best defensive record in the league. Evans is a better defender than Pique, just like Vidic is the better defender than Ferdinand. But Ferdinand and Pique are better players. This however might be beyond your intellect I guess.

Was pondering wether to include Pique in this. Getting 94 for lazing at the back while Xavi and Iniesta keep the ball. Not too bad a life I guess:rolleyes:[/quote']

I like that video, for Weiss as much as anything. Here's another nice one...

maVsd5Rq2Wg

Evans isn't the finished product at all yet people think he'll slot in and things will be fine. He isn't anywhere near the level of Ferdinand and Vidic but people overlook this. That's what I mean by overrated. Evidence suggests that Pique is by far the better player than Evans, what with the Champions League medals, regular Barcelona appearances and Spain starts. I can appreciate that Evans might not be great on the ball but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's exceptional off it. The thing with these threads is that it's down to opinion. I disagree with a fair few myself.

I like that video' date=' for Weiss as much as anything. Here's another nice one...

[YOUTUBE']maVsd5Rq2Wg[/YOUTUBE]

Evans isn't the finished product at all yet people think he'll slot in and things will be fine. He isn't anywhere near the level of Ferdinand and Vidic but people overlook this. That's what I mean by overrated. Evidence suggests that Pique is by far the better player than Evans, what with the Champions League medals, regular Barcelona appearances and Spain starts. I can appreciate that Evans might not be great on the ball but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's exceptional off it. The thing with these threads is that it's down to opinion. I disagree with a fair few myself.

Jesus. That was perhaps his biggest CL game in his career. Add to that Rafael had a shocker at RB meaning he was under a hell of a lot more pressure. Plus as I said this was his first full fledged season at the club during which he got injured during both club and international duty. And several times playing with a fully patched up defense and Fletcher aside an out of form midfield.

Pique on the other hand can have a nice chat with Valdes and Puyol (another overrated player) and when the final whistle blows go back home with a clean sheet...

And Swansea jack please please tell me why Micheal Carrick is overrated. If anything he is underrated considering how important he was in the last 3 seasons. And christ what are Ferdinand and Ramos doing on this thread

Jesus. That was perhaps his biggest CL game in his career. Add to that Rafael had a shocker at RB meaning he was under a hell of a lot more pressure. Plus as I said this was his first full fledged season at the club during which he got injured during both club and international duty. And several times playing with a fully patched up defense and Fletcher aside an out of form midfield.

Pique on the other hand can have a nice chat with Valdes and Puyol (another overrated player) and when the final whistle blows go back home with a clean sheet...

He's playing for United; he's going to be involved in big games. I just don't think he's done anything to earn the reputation he has in United's first team which is where it counts. It's as if he started fantastic and people are lucking for faults rather than most players breaking through where you go, hang on, this guy's actually not half bad. Pique's probably similar really but I still think he's by far the better player as he's actually shown it in big games.

With accusations of bias floating around I thought I'd try a different tack.

shay-given-newcastle-united-goalkeeper.jpg

Interesting one as some hold him in far too high a regard whereas those who've cottoned on to the fact he isn't all that great have started underrating him. SM have his rating about right though.

toure_280x390_490300a.jpg

If Lescott was posted then Toure has to be as Joleon is better. Toure's done nothing for 2 years yet is still rated higher than loads of better defenders like Vermaelen, Ivanovic, Thiago Silva etc. Richards was also posted but I'm not sure if overrated is the right word. Maybe over-hyped when he came onto the scene but he did well to start with. Now though, he's not as good at all. SM also have his rating about right but if he doesn't move and doesn't sort his game out he could well drop a little.

shaun-wright-phillips-19.jpg

Shouldn't be 90 rated based on performances. Just at City both Bellamy and Johnson are better and then when you look at 90 rated wingers from elsewhere it makes a mockery of Shaun's rating. The Chelsea move killed him :(

Guest Scout Maker

heargraves would drop to 85 by now but only cause he s in man u

de la red ' date='gago also gago 87 de la red to 85

if player was expensive that doesnt meant that he fits well in new team,like shevchenko flop to chelsea[/quote']

Hargreaves is a great player why is he overrated in any way? He's injured, that doesen't make him over rated. :rolleyes:

Lol at Gago and De La Red's rating changes. I don't think you are grasping the meaning of this thread. It is an overrated players thread, not a player rating thread.

Owen Hargreaves' date=' 90 Rated, but whens the last time he played.

Reuben De La Red - same as Hargreaves.

i agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/quote']

Just seen this, just because Hargreaves hasn't been playing doesen't make him overrated! Also what's with all the e's?

LOL' date=' can you explain why?[/quote']

Because he's the 3rd highest rated CB on SM and he's a long way off being the 3rd best CB in the world perhaps? Don't think he's that overrated in the real world though. People picked up on his poor season.

Because he's the 3rd highest rated CB on SM and he's a long way off being the 3rd best CB in the world perhaps? Don't think he's that overrated in the real world though. People picked up on his poor season.

yes maybe on sm, but just another world class player whos had a avergae season, although he did have personal probleems

yes maybe on sm' date=' but just another world class player whos had a avergae season, although he did have personal probleems[/quote']

I wouldn't say average, I'd go as far as saying he wasn't good at all. His personal problems were caused by one man, himself. Hardly an excuse.

I wouldn't say average' date=' I'd go as far as saying he wasn't good at all. His personal problems were caused by one man, himself. Hardly an excuse.[/quote']

they may have been caused by himself but they still did affect him, its very harsh sayin he wasnt good at all

they may have been caused by himself but they still did affect him' date=' its very harsh sayin he wasnt good at all[/quote']

He didn't perform anything like his reputation and therefore poor season. Average season for him is dependable but he was error prone. They may well have affected him. I have no sympathy. Mutu caused all his own problems, shall we let him off as they clearly affected him?

He didn't perform anything like his reputation and therefore poor season. Average season for him is dependable but he was error prone. They may well have affected him. I have no sympathy. Mutu caused all his own problems' date=' shall we let him off as they clearly affected him?[/quote']

im not tellin you to have sympathy:rolleyes:i was just giving reason as to WHY he had a AVERAGE season, before the story was leacked out, i dont remeber him making any mistakes

I'm quite surprised that Mertesacker was named in this thread.

Whoever thinks that Mertesacker is overrated can't have seen him long enough playing - probably only at the WC, because his performances there has been poor.

But if I would base my opinion only on the few matches I have seen (at the WC), I could easily think of 11 players in red shirts with 3 lions on, who are horrible overrated.