Most Overrated Players Thread

★A2R★

Re: Most Overrated Players Thread

im not tellin you to have sympathy:rolleyes:i was just giving reason as to WHY he had a AVERAGE season' date=' before the story was leacked out, i dont remeber him making any mistakes[/quote']

It's a reason for him having a BAD season. I never argued to the contrary. However, saying it's OK for him to have mistakes after the story was leaked is sympathising with him :rolleyes:

I'm quite surprised that Mertesacker was named in this thread.

Whoever thinks that Mertesacker is overrated can't have seen him long enough playing - probably only at the WC' date=' because his performances there has been poor.

But [b']if I would[/b] base my opinion only on the few matches I have seen (at the WC), I could easily think of 11 players in red shirts with 3 lions on, who are horrible overrated.

My avatar should tell you I've watched a LOT of Bremen over the years

LOL' date=' can you explain why?[/quote']
Because he's the 3rd highest rated CB on SM and he's a long way off being the 3rd best CB in the world perhaps? Don't think he's that overrated in the real world though. People picked up on his poor season.
He didn't perform anything like his reputation and therefore poor season. Average season for him is dependable but he was error prone.

^

Nowhere near as good when he plays without Carvalho/Ferdinand either.

My avatar should tell you I've watched a LOT of Bremen over the years

Honestly, I don't want to discuss this with you as we obviously have different views regarding the reputation of the Bundesliga. I already regret having posted in this thread. So let's leave it at that.

Hargreaves is a great player why is he overrated in any way? He's injured, that doesen't make him over rated.

Lol at Gago and De La Red's rating changes. I don't think you are grasping the meaning of this thread. It is an overrated players thread, not a player rating thread.

if he dont play he cant justify his rating,so he should drop by 5 as de la red to.he s negotiating with real over his retirment last 3 years c mon,ramsey play more then both of them

Hargreaves is a great player why is he overrated in any way? He's injured' date=' that doesen't make him over rated.

Lol at Gago and De La Red's rating changes. I don't think you are grasping the meaning of this thread. It is an overrated players thread, not a player rating thread.

if he dont play he cant justify his rating,so he should drop by 5 as de la red to.he s negotiating with real over his retirment last 3 years c mon,ramsey play more then both of them[/quote']

You were saying that those players are overrated and now you're telling a reason why they are not overrated?:confused:

Guest Scout Maker

Hargreaves is a great player why is he overrated in any way? He's injured' date=' that doesen't make him over rated.

if he dont play he cant justify his rating,so he should drop by 5 as de la red to.he s negotiating with real over his retirment last 3 years c mon,ramsey play more then both of them[/quote']

Yes but this thread is about players overrated in real life, not being overrated on the game. Hargreaves probably should go down to 89 if he doesen't play a game until the next rating changes but he isn't overrated in real life, if anything he is underrated.

Ronaldo at the same rating as Messi is incorrect aswell.

Why so? Ronaldo is a more complete player: Better shot' date=' better at setpieces, and was practically a one man show last season offensivly for Real alongside Higuain. Messi, is a good player, but he hasn't been as impresseing in the NT as in Barca. Barca is a very attacking team and Xavi is giving too good passes to be wasted. Messi gets them, dribbles two or three and scores. Ronaldo gets the ball from his own teams pitch, dribbles some, shoot from 25-30 yards. I doubt Messi would play as good as Ronaldo does in Madrid, if he played in Madrid. Without Xavi, Messi isn't as good as in Barca, which you can see in the NT, where Tevez is outshining him.

Introducing the 2nd coming of Ricardo Quaresma.....

di-maria-argentina.jpg

Angel Di Maria!

Agreed, although I'm a big fan of Quaresma :o

Why so? Ronaldo is a more complete player: Better shot' date=' better at setpieces, and was practically a one man show last season offensivly for Real alongside Higuain. Messi, is a good player, but he hasn't been as impresseing in the NT as in Barca. Barca is a very attacking team and Xavi is giving too good passes to be wasted. Messi gets them, dribbles two or three and scores. Ronaldo gets the ball from his own teams pitch, dribbles some, shoot from 25-30 yards.[b'] I doubt Messi would play as good as Ronaldo does in Madrid, if he played in Madrid[/b]. Without Xavi, Messi isn't as good as in Barca, which you can see in the NT, where Tevez is outshining him.

Agreed, although I'm a big fan of Quaresma :o

Messi wouldn't do too badly at Madrid as he would still have Xabi Alonso to feed him with passes!! I know Alonso isn't as good a passer as Xavi or Iniesta, but he isn't bad.

Messi wouldn't do too badly at Madrid as he would still have Xabi Alonso to feed him with passes!! I know Alonso isn't as good a passer as Xavi or Iniesta' date=' but he isn't bad. [/font']

Yes, Xabi is good at passing, but to be honest, it's kinda of like a one man show in Real, where Ronaldo just drives up with the ball, then pass it to Higuain or finish himself.

In Argentina' date=' he is in the same situation as Ronaldo is in Real Madrid, but he isn't as dangerous as Ronaldo is in Madrid.[/quote']

He doesn't need to be dangerous. He's got Higuain (arguably in the form of his life) and Tevez (fantastic team player - always puts in 100% effort) alongside him who are firing them in.

He doesn't need to be dangerous. He's got Higuain (arguably in the form of his life) and Tevez (fantastic team player - always puts in 100% effort) alongside him who are firing them in.

And Tevez is out-performing him in Argentina, beacuse Messi cannot do as much on his own as Ronaldo and Tevez.

with argentina flying back, it made me think to myself even more, is messi really that good? imo tevez had a better tournament!

I know we go on about these two a lot but, it all comes down to Xavi and Iniesta again, one cheeky flick by Xavi sets Iniesta off and he beats three players, squares it to pedro who hits the post and villa finishes it, in all of about 45 seconds, in a match where it was lookingmore and more unlikely that spain werent goin to find a way through, them two players come up with the goods again:cool:

• 1 year later...