De Gea for Pedro?

bigmac

Atletico Madrid are unmanaged with a 21 squad size in my league.

They have Pedro in their squad. Should I sell them De Gea in order to buy Pedro? (They have made an offer - can't sell anyone else to them in a part exchange as they are unmanaged and not external.)

De Gea is my third choice keeper at the moment. I have Manninger who is in great form as second choice.

I'm only posting this because it is an opportunity to get a player from an unmanaged club with a squad size of 21 (i.e. can't just buy Pedro normally).

Re: De Gea for Pedro?

You would have to offer De Gea in the deal for Pedro as a part exchange.

I would say that De Gea has better long term potential than Manninger - so although he has the higher rating, I'd swap Manninger - especially as he's not even your first choice keeper.

Pedro is very well worth getting - especially if you can straight swap for your second choice keeper.

My initial post should have been clearer.

As Atletico only have 21 players I can't buy Pedro from them without selling them someone first (not part exchange). I can't sell them Maninnger as they haven't made an offer for him (they are unmanaged).

They have made me an offer for De Gea. I'm wondering if I should take the opportunity and accept this in order to get Pedro.

Or should I hold onto De Gea and get another winger. I have a choice of Di Maria, Valencia, Marin, Perotti and Hazard.

I'm only posting this because it is an opportunity to get a player from an unmanaged club with a squad size of 21 (i.e. can't just buy Pedro normally).

Assuming you don't have any other Atletico Madrid players you can transfer list and sell, you could check out Game World -> Real Life Clubs -> Spain -> Atletico Madrid and find a free agent to sign, then wait 2 months, transfer list him and sell him to Atletico instead. You'd have to be blooming patient, but otherwise I wouldn't really sell De Gea for a chance at Pedro unless I had someone like Hugo Lloris or Neuer in my squad and no wingers.

If you do have a look on the Real Life Clubs screen check they haven't bid for any other available free/external/unmanaged Atletico players first though as they seem to make multiple bids at any one time in my set-up (in which case problem solved).

If your first choice GK is 90+ then do it. De Gea might get to 91 but won't get any higher until Casillas retires. Pedro isn't all that great, he just plays for Barca. He won't get above 92/93. If you don't have a 90+ GK then keep De Gea and buy Hazard. In fact, buy Hazard anyway. He's super :)

If you do have a look on the Real Life Clubs screen check they haven't bid for any other available free/external/unmanaged Atletico players first though as they seem to make multiple bids at any one time in my set-up (in which case problem solved).

how would u do that?

how would u do that?

On the left hand side bar menu.

Click on "Game World"

Then on "Real Life Clubs"

Then on "Spain"

Then on "Atletico Madrid"

Then flick through the players in their squad seeing who is at free/unmanaged/external etc.

Thanks for the advice. I bought a £300k free agent a few weeks ago. I guess I'll just be patient and wait till he is transfer free (and hope Atletico make a bid for him!)

Regarding the risk, the other players in my game world seem to go for as high a rating as possible or they aim to buy £10k players (hence those other wingers are free) so I should be ok!