Diego Forlan

Gabriel_

I think Forlan should rise to AT LEAST 95. He's one of the most underrated forwards, I mean he's won the euro golden boot twice and this year he won the Europa cup almost single handed, with crucial goals in the semi and Final. And now he's the driving factor for Uruguay, reaching the semifinals and scoring 4 goals in the process. Not to mention he has been playing as an AM in most games and really made their whole attack blend and also has improved his freekicks. He's been one of the best performing forwards in the world and yet so underrated.

Riferimento: Diego Forlan

Forlan MUST rise to 95.

Look at his ESPN statistics of this season, including the WC:

27 goals 6 assists in all competitions(CL, Liga, EL,Copa del Rey) for Atletico Madrid

6 goals 1 assist for Uruguay at the WC

TOTAL: 33 goals 7 assists !!!

All the statistics are taken from ESPN (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/18587/diego-forlan?cc=5739&ver=global, look at Game Logs.)

Re: Diego Forlan

I think Forlan should rise to AT LEAST 95. He's one of the most underrated forwards' date=' I mean he's won the euro golden boot twice and this year he won the Europa cup almost single handed, with crucial goals in the semi and Final. And now he's the driving factor for Uruguay, reaching the semifinals and scoring 4 goals in the process. Not to mention he has been playing as an AM in most games and really made their whole attack blend and also has improved his freekicks. He's been one of the best performing forwards in the world and yet so underrated.[/quote']

Completely agree. He is such a brilliant professional and always inspires confidence in his teammates. At 31 he hasn't even begun to decline and if people are using the, no champions league excuse then why didn't Torres drop last changes?

While at Atletico i done ever see SM budging on improving his rating. With a move to a bigger club he could get it, or with an absolutely outstanding season he may have a chance, but its not just his statistics that show why he should improve, just when watching him play with a side he is almost always the stand out player whether it be for Uruguay or Atletico, he is amazing and i too agree his rating should improve, but he would need a flawless season and one that beat his campaign this time around to have a chance, or to acleeast be of the same consistency next season.

Re: Respuesta: Diego Forlan

The fact that he achieved those things not in a major club makes him desearve the rise even more.

No but its the fact mid-major teams mainly have a cap, and it stops around 95 so for someone to hit that then they would have had to have been good for a long time continously, which indeed he has. If he has another season like previous ones i can see him reaching it, as 95 would be his peak at Atleticio i feel.

Also, for him to be on the same level as Aguero is madness, Forlan is yards above him. :P

Re: Respuesta: Diego Forlan

No but its the fact mid-major teams mainly have a cap' date=' and it stops around 95 so for someone to hit that then they would have had to have been good for a long time continously, which indeed he has. If he has another season like previous ones i can see him reaching it, as 95 would be his peak at Atleticio i feel.

Also, for him to be on the same level as Aguero is madness, Forlan is yards above him. :P[/quote']

Aguero has only got 94 because of his wonderkid status that he was tagged with for a long time, dnt get me wrong Aguero is a great player but like u said hes not quiet as good as Forlan, Aguero shud be a 92/93 for me.

Aguero is a little to hyped up for me, n i believe SM have bought into that.

The fact that he achieved those things not in a major club makes him desearve the rise even more.

sorry no' date=' in the same logic bent deserves 96 :) there are many arguments to put forward why forlan deserves 95, yours is not one of them i think :P

Well, to be fair, he lead them to CL group stages twice, and on to the QF once...

How quickly we forget...

but since SM do ratings on current form and since atletico finished 9th lets do a comparison to the english league.

birmingham = 9th. ,everton 8th and blackburn 10th. and lets include villa at 6th.

i know atletico did well in europe but lets face it, SM cannot justify giving him a 95 when he is at a team mid table in spain, when you look at mid table teams in england and they are nowhere close to him in terms of rating. doing well in europe AND the league is necessary, by doing well in the league even coming 5th to 7th and i would say 95 is ok :)

he is miles ahead already of mid table english teams and i feel league form must improve for his team before he gets 95.

SM base it on current form so insider, you are right but current atletico = not a major UCL team.

i mean come on, if everton or the english teams had even 92 rated players i would be happy but they don't. so because of the fact atletico are currently not a world class team forlan dosn't deserve 95.

he is a great player, i rate him highly and think he is of 95 quality BUT SM is also a game of stats and it would be unfair and quite inconsistent to give a player a 95 when he finished mid table !

he got 18 goals in 30 stars. not really enough to get 95 i reckon :/

Riferimento: Re: Diego Forlan

he got 18 goals in 30 stars. not really enough to get 95 i reckon :/

27 goals 6 assists in all competitions(CL, Liga, EL,Copa del Rey) for Atletico Madrid

TOTAL: 33 goals 7 assists

He might be a player capable of 95+ but whilst he's playing in a team that finished 9th then I dont see it happening. Winningn the Europa league is a plus though it is second rate to the champions league. Also no changes will happen until the next spanish ratings presumably..

Respuesta: Diego Forlan

I know that due to the way players are rated in the game, the fact that he does not play in a major league, caps his rate, however its not the same to be two times top striker of the most competitive league and whole Europe in a mid team than in a major one. In a mid team that is even more significant.

Bent was not top striker, while Forlán has been two times already. I think Bent still has some years to desearve a 95-96, but if he becomes top striker twice playing for a team like Sunderland, then hell, why not?

Maradonna should have been a 94 when playing for Napoli? The only thing that Napoli won in their history was with Maradonna. Batistuta should have been a 94 because he used to play in Fiorentina?

EDIT: There is no way that im comparing Batistuta or Maradona with Forlán, just stating that imo distinguish in a mid or mid-low team has even more value.

Regards,

27 goals 6 assists in all competitions(CL' date=' Liga, EL,Copa del Rey) for Atletico Madrid

TOTAL: 33 goals 7 assists[/quote']

he aint got 6 goals in WC' date=' David Villa n Sneijder are top both with 5:confused:[/quote']

i have no idea about the stats. looks like you don't either lol ;)

anyway in my opinion his league form that is what is stopping him getting a 95. therefore i don't care about the other stats as it is only his league that is important to me. its his limiting factor. his other stats are ok for a 95. atletico need to do better in the league or he needs to score 20+ goals a seasn at least to have a hope of 95.

By this logic' date=' you support dropping Gerrard to 94 then, I suppose?[/quote']

liverpool have been the bigger team compared to atletico apart from this one season. recently they have had much better league and european form. that is why he is 95 and forlan is not.

however i agree, should liverpool carry on like this then they will actually be worse than atletico.

atletico = not impressive league but did well in europa league.

liverpool = poor in both !

so seeing as liverpool's ratings are relying on history / their sucess prior to this season, if liverpool do not sort themselves out then gerrard may well drop to 94. the reason i think he shoulod stay at 95 is because one poor season does not warrant a drop of -3 to 94.

hope this makes sense :)

also like to just state that i do think forlan is a 95 player and i do like him. just trying to give a non-bias assesment of his worthiness of 95.

also think of it this way, 95's like fabregas and lampard. they score more than him despite being centre mids. they are at better clubs acheiving more domestically and in the champions league.... forlan 95 when he scores less and acheives less.......hmmmmmm i don't think that is all too fair ;)

Respuesta: Diego Forlan

To add something...

Is Valencia a way more major team than Atletico de Madrid? Madrid has more leagues and copa del rey's than Valencia even more international titles...

Villa was a 96 in Valencia when i think (i am not sure) he was not even a pichichi (top scorer) not even once! (i might be wrong here)

Forlán while playing in Villareal an awesome campaign putting the yellow submarine in european tournaments for their first time and in the Athletic won the Uefa cup.

liverpool have been the bigger team compared to atletico apart from this one season. recently they have had much better league and european form. that is why he is 95 and forlan is not.

however i agree' date=' should liverpool carry on like this then they will actually be worse than atletico.

atletico = not impressive league but did well in europa league.

liverpool = poor in both !

so seeing as liverpool's ratings are relying on history / their sucess prior to this season, if liverpool do not sort themselves out then gerrard may well drop to 94. the reason i think he shoulod stay at 95 is because one poor season does not warrant a drop of -3 to 94.

hope this makes sense :)

also like to just state that i do think forlan is a 95 player and i do like him. just trying to give a non-bias assesment of his worthiness of 95.

[/quote']

No, they havn't. Atletico were in their group and drew them twice in the CL, then beat them in the Europa League.

Besides, Forlan is an international star on the biggest stage, Gerrard is not.

By all logic, Forlan should be higher then Gerrard.

No' date=' they havn't. Atletico were in their group and drew them twice in the CL, then beat them in the Europa League.

By all logic, Forlan should be higher then Gerrard.[/quote']

gerrard used to be the better player then forlan. other than this season he was exceptional. forlan wasn't as good as gerrard.

gerrard used to be one of the best midfielders in the world before this season.

also if you look at the past 3 seasons liverpool = 4,2,7.

atletico = 4,4,9.

so 4 and a 4 = equal.

4 and a 2 so liverpool win there.

7 compared to 9th. liverpool win there.

so liverpool have done better in the league in past 3 seasons.

also champions league atletico did not win or get runners up in ages / as long as i can remember if im right ?

liverpool won in 2005 and 2nd in 2007.

that is by far better than atletico = liverpool are the bigger club currently.

so no they havn't ?

yes they (liverpool) have been the bigger club as facts point out.

also i have never supported liverpool but even i can say gerrard was a world class midfielder prior to this season.

that is why forlan is not as high as gerrard.

facts are facts, gerrard used to be the better player and is at a bigger club :)

You are funny. You said "it's based on right now, and Atletico are not champions league right now", then go and use Liverpool's 2005 season. Nice.

Also, "Forlan was exceptionnal this season"

That's just a farce. Other then this season, he was top scorer in Spain in 2009 (last year) and 2005. He was also the European Golden Shoe both years.

Besides that, he's also a force at the international level, something Gerrard is not. You forgot to address that.

What I meant by Atletico/Liverpool was head to head. Atletico have beaten Liverpool in head to heads in the Gerrard/Forlan era, and have done better in European competition then Liverpool the past two seasons (which is what SM go on, the past 2/3 seasons.)

Riferimento: Re: Diego Forlan

he aint got 6 goals in WC' date=' David Villa n Sneijder are top both with 5:confused:[/quote']
i have no idea about the stats. looks like you don't either lol ;)

Sorry' date=' two of the 6 goals of WC are from International Friendly, so "only" 4 goals at the WC.

Still 31 goals in a season.

The stats are taken here: [url']http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/18587/diego-forlan?cc=5739&ver=global[/url] (look at Game Logs)

You are funny. You said "it's based on right now' date=' and Atletico are not champions league right now", then go and use Liverpool's 2005 season. Nice.

well right now forlan does not deserve 95.

you brought up why gerrard is higher rated that required the past / history to be brought up. thats common sense. you said gerrard should be 94 i said no, because of his history.

whether forlan is 95 or not is based on the current.

that is why i mixed the past and present acheivments of the clubs in my post. it isn't that funny tbh.

Also, "Forlan was exceptionnal this season"

That's just a farce. Other then this season, he was top scorer in Spain in 2009 (last year) and 2005. ermm 2 years of good form in a 5 year period.. he did well, not much for 3 seasons and by not much i mean averaging 15 goals a season. hardly a 95 standard. then he got 32 which is amazing then back to 18. its not exactly consistent is it ! 2 seasons of decent form aitn gonna get you a 95...

Besides that, he's also a force at the international level, something Gerrard is not. You forgot to address that.

international level ? ok fine i forgot to adress about 10 important games in 4 years. its not like they have played 120+ games for their clibs in that time is it:cool:

if you want to go on international games fine, but they are insignificant otherwise messi would not be 98, nor would ronaldo. drogba rooney gerrard lampard ( icould list the whole england team) would not be the ratings they are.

What I meant by Atletico/Liverpool was head to head. Atletico have beaten Liverpool in head to heads in the Gerrard/Forlan era, and have done better in European competition then Liverpool the past two seasons (which is what SM go on, the past 2/3 seasons.)

but liverpool have been the more sucessful team as i showed so really in terms of ratings liverpool deserve to have the higher rated players.

SM go on european and domesting form.. don't they ?

and liverpool did better.

Yo' date=' rooney... Every single game Uruguay plays in important. There are no Faroe Islands or Malta in CONMEBOL. Every team in competitive, and all but one has played in the World Cup.[/quote']

no they aren't.

club form takes priority over international form so your little inclusion about the gerrard being poor internationally of makes no sense :)

also you go on about forlan's scoring record but what about lampard.. he has scored moer this season , won more etc as i said before but is 95.

explain to me why forlan deserves the same rating for far less?

oh and also tell me why fabregas is 95 and scored a similar amount to forlan in the league but again, forlan deserves to be the same.