Best future world class full backs?

Az.

Re: Best future world class full backs?

Hello people ' date='help me make a list of the best up and coming full backs.

-Davide Santon

-Gareth Bale

-Fabio Coentro

Go on :D[/quote']

Badstuber

Kjaer

Hummels

Subotic

Sakho

Alderweireld

Could go on forever :)

They are all central defenders as opposed to fullbacks' date=' although Badstuber played most of last season at LB and Sakho can play at LB,[/quote']

Im aware of that i just thought ide give him a selection of defenders :)

I was impressed with Alderwield in the world cup, thought he was solid lol!

I was also very impressed with Contraeo but I beleive he is a left winger turned Left back though(the opposite from Bale :P) plus didnt see much of his defending side, although his attacking and crossing was awsome!

When discussing Full backs it is hard to dismiss the obvious like the Da Silva twins and Santon,

I was impressed with Alderwield in the world cup' date=' thought he was solid lol![/b']I was also very impressed with Contraeo but I beleive he is a left winger turned Left back though(the opposite from Bale :P) plus didnt see much of his defending side, although his attacking and crossing was awsome!

When discussing Full backs it is hard to dismiss the obvious like the Da Silva twins and Santon,

one sec was belgium in the world cup :confused:

bale won't be a lb i think he will be a LM.

anyway santon' date=' coentro, rafael, fabio, cissokho, gibbs,[/quote']

not if Bale gets his own way, he thinks his best position is as an attacking wingback, not as a winger, and Redknapp also rates him as a left wingback.

Personally i think Bale should forget about being a wingback, he is amazing as a left winger.

not if Bale gets his own way' date=' he thinks his best position is as an attacking wingback, not as a winger, and Redknapp also rates him as a left wingback.

Personally i think Bale should forget about being a wingback, he is amazing as a left winger.[/quote']

redknapp moved him to start a lm later on in the season, he is quite poor defensively compared to the other lb's.

also i rate esso okoto or however it is spelt so both of them would be good.

i think both bale and redknapp are happy to play him at LM as the end of the season came that is where he played.

redknapp moved him to start a lm later on in the season' date=' he is quite poor defensively compared to the other lb's.

also i rate esso okoto or however it is spelt so both of them would be good.

i think both bale and redknapp are happy to play him at LM as the end of the season came that is where he played.[/quote']

Redknapp sees Bale as the future left wingback for spurs, he has said it himself, Benoit Assou Ekotto, or as the fans know A&E because of how injury prone he is (BAE). Is okay defensively - but not great he lets his man get his cross in too often, and is often caught out of position.

Personally i don't disagree, Bale is poor defensively, and should just take up a left winger position, he is a far better winger, but he wants to be a wingback, and Redknapp does see him as the future left wingback at spurs.

what about players like de silvestri and insua

di sivestri is first team fiornetina so certain for a rise as far as i know

waht is the story with insua, he plays poor, but thats probably liverpools fault,

i own both players and trying to decide whether to keep them or sell in order to fund a move for chiellini?

(if i sell insua, it makes the deal very easy, otherwise i have to sell a few prospects, like merida, hinez, chrisantius, and mame diouf)

similar story with de silvestri, is he impressing?

• 3 weeks later...

what about players like de silvestri and insua

di sivestri is first team fiornetina so certain for a rise as far as i know

waht is the story with insua' date=' he plays poor, but thats probably liverpools fault,

i own both players and trying to decide whether to keep them or sell in order to fund a move for chiellini?

(if i sell insua, it makes the deal very easy, otherwise i have to sell a few prospects, like merida, hinez, chrisantius, and mame diouf)

similar story with de silvestri, is he impressing?[/quote']

Ignoring your nice bit of thread hijacking, you should definitely sell Insua (88) and/or De Silvestri (87) to get Chiellini (94).

You didn't watch the world cup then?

Indeed, Rooney will be playing conference football with Torres next season, such were their performances. Messi is being stripped of his La Liga goals as it's clear they were netted by an imposter as the man himself didn't score at all at the World Cup. Di Maria's value has plummeted too. Despite his massive move to Real Madrid his hopeless World Cup performances have made him next to worthless. Also, don't buy any French or Italian players as it's obvious to anyone who watched their 6 games that they're all pathetic.

This, my friend, is sarcasm. Don't judge an excellent young defender on a few games. Otamendi should get a big move to Europe over the summer and his rating will shoot up. Great acquisition.

Indeed' date=' Rooney will be playing conference football with Torres next season, such were their performances. Messi is being stripped of his La Liga goals as it's clear they were netted by an imposter as the man himself didn't score at all at the World Cup. Di Maria's value has plummeted too. Despite his massive move to Real Madrid his hopeless World Cup performances have made him next to worthless. Also, don't buy any French or Italian players as it's obvious to anyone who watched their 6 games that they're all pathetic.

This, my friend, is sarcasm. Don't judge an excellent young defender on a few games. Otamendi should get a big move to Europe over the summer and his rating will shoot up. Great acquisition.[/quote']

Yes, senseless sarcasm. All of the players you've mentioned have proved themselves in the top-flight apart from Otamendi who's had one good season for Velez Sarsfield. So you're either judging him on this one good season or the fact that he's good on Football Manager, whereas I would rather judge a so-called 'excellent' prospect on top level performances, of which all so far have been terrible.

Granted Otamendi has a lot of time to move to a big club and turn in some top performances, but until that time I would refrain from calling him a future World-Class fullback. Maradona taking him to the World Cup rather than Zanetti is an insult to football.

Yes' date=' senseless sarcasm. All of the players you've mentioned have proved themselves in the top-flight apart from Otamendi who's had one good season for Velez Sarsfield. So you're either judging him on this one good season or the fact that he's good on Football Manager, whereas I would rather judge a so-called 'excellent' prospect on top level performances, of which all so far have been terrible.

Granted Otamendi has a lot of time to move to a big club and turn in some top performances, but until that time I would refrain from calling him a future World-Class fullback. Maradona taking him to the World Cup rather than Zanetti is an insult to football.[/quote']

Hmmm, I'd rather judge on a full season and transfer prospects than 5 games but each to their own :) Basing your entire opinion on some of the lesser players entirely on the World Cup is ridiculous though IMO.

Hmmm' date=' I'd rather judge on a full season and [b']transfer prospects[/b] than 5 games but each to their own :) Basing your entire opinion on some of the lesser players entirely on the World Cup is ridiculous though IMO.

Before the World Cup:

http://www.realmadrid.dk/news/article/?newsid=14138

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/06/18/1983482/ac-milan-tracking-nicolas-otamendi-and-joao-miranda-report

After the World Cup:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/585/argentina/2010/07/23/2038913/velez-sarsfields-nicolas-otamendi-in-real-zaragoza-sights

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/07/23/newcastle-reported-after-argentine-world-cup-star/

@stuart and jahmes.

jahmes you said did oyu see him in the world cup..... you then proceeded to say he has very little top level experience, the latter part is true.

moyes and i think hodgson said that nobody who knows what they are doing in football signs players purely baed on world cup form. players who are rubbish do well , great ones fall. stuart provided a nice list.

also that newcastle blog dosn't look like an official bid to me so it dosn't mean too much :P

i agree that otamendi has a rubbish world cup but so did a lot of players.

and the world cup is not a place to judge a player.

although there is a reason i havn't bought otamendi yet....i like to buy players who prove themselves in the top leagues as many players hyped on this forum turn out to be nothing much.

i like to buy players who prove themselves in the top leagues as many players hyped on this forum turn out to be nothing much.

That's my point' date=' it's obviously not ideal to judge a player based on World Cup football alone, but that's all there is to judge Otamendi on because he hasn't proved himself in a big league i.e. the only games in his career so far where he has had to step up a level, he's been terrible. And yet people are still calling him a future [b']World Class[/b] fullback.

Coentrao definitely, had a fantastic world cup.

'Others':

-Van Der Wiel - needs a move to a bigger club.

-De Ceglie - 23 year old Juventus left-back. a promising prospect.

-Contento, Diego - Bayern Munich left-back. 20 yrs old. He gained +7 in the last ratings change so his future looks bright.

-Diego Renan, Ferreira - plays for Cruzeiro. euro clubs are now on the hunt for him. my personal fave.

OR: look at Arsenal's youth team.

what about daniel opare? I heard he's quite a talent.. But he's stuck at RMC :@. Chances of him moving' date=' sooner or later?[/quote']

He moved permanently to Standard Liege at the beginning of July mate:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2010/07/05/2010755/real-madrid-youngster-daniel-opare-joins-standard-liege