UEFA Europa League

Re: UEFA Europa League

I dont think Sevilla will actually reach the final.

It also strongly depends on the luck of the draws of course' date=' but i think that 1 italian club will get to the final, be it Napoli or Roma/Fiorentina, by the looks it really feels like this is a year for the italians to succeed, so its only logical to think one of our best italian clubs will reach the final stage.

Imo the final will be an Italian club Vs Wolfsburg[/quote']

I hope not Italy are already closing the gap in the ratings if they reach the final and win england could lose a champs league spot in 2 seasons time

Yep because Roma have been tearing it up in Europe this season ain't they....

Stones' date=' glass houses etc :)[/quote']

Well, we've been garbage for the last 6 months so im not surprised we got kicked out, it had to happen sooner or later and honestly i didnt have my hopes too high anyway, even though our loss today has been absolutely humiliating.

Though Adam was calling Everton to win the cup xD

Well' date=' we've been garbage for the last 6 months so im not surprised we got kicked out, it had to happen sooner or later and honestly i didnt have my hopes too high anyway, even though our loss today has been absolutely humiliating.

Though Adam was calling Everton to win the cup xD[/quote']

I think Adam may well have been talking in jest TBF.

Alcaraz makes Lovren look like Paolo Maldini a truely awful CB....

Martinez has been exposed this season, I said last season he was a flash in the pan and the way he has criminally under performed with Everton this season is shocking.

Everton have got a very decent first XI and 31 points from 28 games in the League for a side of that calibre is woeful.

Ouch......

They aren't anything special. They will be put out with ease in the next round.

Yep because Roma have been tearing it up in Europe this season ain't they....

Stones' date=' glass houses etc :)[/quote']

Speaking of stones he should have played :P

Well' date=' we've been garbage for the last 6 months so im not surprised we got kicked out, it had to happen sooner or later and honestly i didnt have my hopes too high anyway, even though our loss today has been absolutely humiliating.

Though Adam was calling Everton to win the cup xD[/quote']

I think we can win any competition we are in (bar the league), shame the players and the club don't have the same belief as me and bottle every big game we have had for the last 20 years.

• 1 month later...

Sevilla' date=' Brugge and Fiorentina to qualify into the Semi-Finals tonight.

Napoli has a big advantage over Wolfsburg, but anything can happen..[/quote']

Brave of you to say :P Napoli is the only dead certain to go through tonight IMO. Dont think Wolfsburg will be able to score four and not concede even one. I have to admit Napoli look particularly solid at home this year and dont even need to push for anything tonight. They could very well sit and wait to kill the match.

As for the rest, I also see Sevilla and Fiorentina going through. Dnipro vs Brugge will be close.

Russian and Ukrainian clubs to be kept apart

Uefa will ensure Russian and Ukrainian clubs are prevented from meeting in the Europa League semi-finals.

Teams from the nations have been kept apart in European competition this season in light of the conflict in eastern Ukraine.

Ukraine's Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk and Dynamo Kiev and Russia's Zenit St Petersburg could be in Friday's draw.

Should all three sides reach the last four, Dnipro will play Dynamo while Zenit will play a fourth qualifier.

That is likely to be Napoli, with Rafael Benitez's Italian side having beaten Wolfsburg 4-1 in their first leg in Germany. Zenit trail Sevilla 2-1 from their first leg in Spain before Thursday's return leg.

Dynamo are tied 1-1 with Fiorentina after a first leg in Kiev while Dnipro are level at 0-0 with Club Brugge following their meeting in Belgium earlier this month.

European football's governing body Uefa also confirmed a final between a Russian and Ukrainian club would go ahead as planned. The fixture will be held at the National Stadium in the Polish capital of Warsaw on 27 May.

Russian and Ukrainian clubs to be kept apart

Uefa will ensure Russian and Ukrainian clubs are prevented from meeting in the Europa League semi-finals.

Teams from the nations have been kept apart in European competition this season in light of the conflict in eastern Ukraine.

Ukraine's Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk and Dynamo Kiev and Russia's Zenit St Petersburg could be in Friday's draw.

Should all three sides reach the last four' date=' Dnipro will play Dynamo while Zenit will play a fourth qualifier.

That is likely to be Napoli, with Rafael Benitez's Italian side having beaten Wolfsburg 4-1 in their first leg in Germany. Zenit trail Sevilla 2-1 from their first leg in Spain before Thursday's return leg.

Dynamo are tied 1-1 with Fiorentina after a first leg in Kiev while Dnipro are level at 0-0 with Club Brugge following their meeting in Belgium earlier this month.

European football's governing body Uefa also confirmed a final between a Russian and Ukrainian club would go ahead as planned. The fixture will be held at the National Stadium in the Polish capital of Warsaw on 27 May.[/quote']

they will probably both go home tonight, so, meh...