UEFA Europa League

• 2 weeks later...

Re: UEFA Europa League

Sevilla is one step closer to the EL Final after beating Fiorentina 3-0 last night;

Aleix Vidal made a great game, scoring two goals and assisting at third goal.

Kevin Gameiro entered for Carlos Bacca and scored at his first touch of the ball.

In the other semi-final, Napoli drew 1-1 against the Ukrainians from Dnipro;

David Lopez scored for the Italians after a corner kick from Lorenzo Insigne.

Seleznyov managed to score in late game for Dnipro but the replay

shows that the striker was in an off-side position.. Big mistake from the lineman.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Dynamo Maoscow have been kicked out of this competition next season' date='because they failed FFP.Seems a bit harsh considering PSG and Man City got a slap on the wrists for the same thing?[/quote']

I'd like you to detail how on Earth you consider the biggest fines ever handed out in football and transfer, wage and squad size restrictions could possibly be construed as a slap on the wrist.

• 1 month later...

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

My favourite team in the whole world (Vitória de Scumarães) was knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round, against some obscure Austrian side. :D:D:D

Vitória's coach said he was sure they'd qualify... :o

They lost 2-1 in Austria and 4-1 at home.

I didn't want Vitória Scummy to progress, but they could at least have gotten a draw, so they could help Portugal a little bit in the UEFA ranking.

Oh well, I'll surely be crying myself to sleep tonight. :P

Quite surprised that West Ham got eliminated.

They struggled against a Maltese side, but I thought that was more of a sporadic incident.

If I'm not mistaken, the club that knocked them out had also eliminated Lyon last season.

Impressive stuff from them!

• 2 weeks later...
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

My favourite team in the whole world (Vitória de Scumarães) was knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round' date=' against some obscure Austrian side. :D:D:D

Vitória's coach said he was sure they'd qualify... :o

They lost 2-1 in Austria and 4-1 at home.

I didn't want Vitória Scummy to progress, but they could at least have gotten a draw, so they could help Portugal a little bit in the UEFA ranking.

Oh well, I'll surely be crying myself to sleep tonight. :P

Quite surprised that West Ham got eliminated.

They struggled against a Maltese side, but I thought that was more of a sporadic incident.

If I'm not mistaken, the club that knocked them out had also eliminated Lyon last season.

Impressive stuff from them![/quote']

Vitoria de Guimaraes > Braga. :)

• 5 months later...

Tonight I saw sth I've never seen before.

It was kinda similar to Rui Costa's joke of a red card vs Germany, which robbed Portugal of its ticket to the 98 WC.

So Braga's Vukcevic had a yellow card.

Braga was set to sub him.

When he was walking towards the sideline, he suddenly stops, as the 4th official had made a mistake with the shirt numbers of the players involved in the substitution.

The moronic ref thought Vukcevic was wasting time and sent him off before Braga could make the substitution.  :huh:

Great ref, really, Sion's players spent the entire match wailing on Braga's players and the ref seemed to have forgotten his cards at home in those situations.  <_<

Tonight I saw sth I've never seen before.

It was kinda similar to Rui Costa's joke of a red card vs Germany, which robbed Portugal of its ticket to the 98 WC.

So Braga's Vukcevic had a yellow card.

Braga was set to sub him.

When he was walking towards the sideline, he suddenly stops, as the 4th official had made a mistake with the shirt numbers of the players involved in the substitution.

The moronic ref thought Vukcevic was wasting time and sent him off before Braga could make the substitution.  :huh:

Great ref, really, Sion's players spent the entire match wailing on Braga's players and the ref seemed to have forgotten his cards at home in those situations.  <_<

Didn't realise that was the reason! That is a joke!

I had Brage to win in my ACCA and saw a man sent off, I was confident that you would hold out for the win though as it was late on. Looking forward to you winning the whole comp Pedro  :D

Didn't realise that was the reason! That is a joke!

I had Brage to win in my ACCA and saw a man sent off, I was confident that you would hold out for the win though as it was late on. Looking forward to you winning the whole comp Pedro  :D

:D

I have a better chamce at becoming Queen of England than Braga at winning the EL.  :eek: