The Minor Improvments Thread

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

does anybody know when soccermanager is putting in a 2D Match Engine it's really annoying because the commentary in the match report makes no sense:(( ????:confused::mad:

They first touted this a few years back. Then nothing more was said until a few months ago when it was mentioned as a forthcoming improvement. Although I think that was when they were doing a big promotion to get more gold members, so the cynic in me says we won't hear anything more for a year or two:rolleyes:

I hope they do get it together though because the match engine really sucks the way it is. At least if we could see player movements it might make some sense.

hello' date=' i joined this forum because ive noticed that on the players individual profiles they have removed the players season by season club league history statistics, im just wondering why they have made this change and if its going to be permanent, does anyone know?[/quote']

Yeah, I've just noticed that too. I hope this is just a glitch because I find the full breakdown of statistics really useful for keeping track of games played for 'concerns' purposes.

hello' date=' i joined this forum because ive noticed that on the players individual profiles they have removed the players season by season club league history statistics, im just wondering why they have made this change and if its going to be permanent, does anyone know?[/quote']

send in a ticket..if it's a bug it will be sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

what i would love, and is fairly minor isif every team, in the club history also had a line for record appearances and record goals. start it off as the genuine players and add it to club info, but as the game world progresses have it updated if/when these records are broken.

not sure why i like this idea so much just think it'd be really neat, i dont think it would be the hardest thing to add at all, would love it if anyone agrees maybe we can champion it into the game?

Have a new odds ratings between matches (maybe in match preview), and also odds prediction for league winners.

It could create more talking point and excitement between clubs.

Team stature, depth, average rating, previous season, past meetings, manager experience etc all can play a part to the generation of the odds.

Once again a minor improvement, but...

Once a News paper report comes out, I think it should have a small notification on the home page of each team.Ie where it says next game 2 days, etc etc.

This would help during closed season, when people do not log in to their teams so often.

Also, suggested many times ( i think). Youth squad is pointless, unless a youth league is to be brought in.:confused: It should be the 'reserves' possibly. This way you can place the over 21,s, that are not loaned out, nor near your first team, there. It can get 'scruffy' to view a squad of 40 with only 10 good players in it.

I want to keep track the rating and value of players I brought in and that will help in player transaction decision making process

ideally, managers that able to bring in players in lower rating and sell higher should be advantageous financially (like Arsenal in real game), and those keep buying expensive players at their peak and sell after should loss money (like Chelsea, Real Madrid?), yet currently it's not sure unless i keep transaction record manually

another phenomena is that players value very often varies across different game world... which is unbelieveable, not logical and unncessary..:mad:

Being able to transfer list and loan list a player,

Sometimes, you have a player and you think (well i do anyway) im not too bothered about him, he can go on loan coz he might rise a bit in the next few changes, but if i get an offer of decent value he can go,

In this instance, you could put the said player on the loan list, and transfer list him for a desired sum.

I feel this would be better, as techinically you can do that with the minimum fee, but you would be able to broadcast their availability easier

Being able to transfer list and loan list a player' date='

Sometimes, you have a player and you think (well i do anyway) im not too bothered about him, he can go on loan coz he might rise a bit in the next few changes, but if i get an offer of decent value he can go,

In this instance, you could put the said player on the loan list, and transfer list him for a desired sum.

I feel this would be better, as techinically you can do that with the minimum fee, but you would be able to broadcast their availability easier[/quote']

Good point, using the minimum fee is quiet useless when in such a situation as only managers who specifically search for you players would see it.

Just suggestions, It will be good to have club reputation and even contract offer when transfer is accepted, because sometimes you will see division 4 team like darlington signing thiago, will that happen in IRL? no to be honest right? It means that every club will have reputation so that they can sign players with the same reputation or slighty higher than them. If you feel it is bad then just ignore it.

the critical point is why would it have that cash to spend big for a player at the first place? sell all others and buy one world class player???

in my game world, Siena have a squad rated 90 or more in each of its position including those on the bench... where is its cash coming from???

God save it!!!????

dunno if this can be classed as minor

but change the world championship setup back too the 4 divisions

(although to be honest with this request i do feel like im slighty pis.ssing in the wind:mad:)

I DEFINITLY second this!!! Though I guess you can go to older set ups for 4 division, but if you want to join a new one....At least have SOME 4 divisions, some 2? I personally wouldn't mind a 5 division one like they do for gold english leagues.

what i would love' date=' and is fairly minor isif every team, in the club history also had a line for record appearances and record goals. start it off as the genuine players and add it to club info, but as the game world progresses have it updated if/when these records are broken.

not sure why i like this idea so much just think it'd be really neat, i dont think it would be the hardest thing to add at all, would love it if anyone agrees maybe we can champion it into the game?[/quote']

Nice Idea, I second this one too!

The 2 things I would like to see are:

Archiving the newspaper. In a lot of my game worlds my friends and I write some AWESOME articles about each other, plenty of scandel ensues and its hilarious to read. What annoys me is that at the end of each season, the articles get wiped. Why can't they be archived?

And the other thing is regarding position changes. On the reports page it would be great to see what position they moved from. For us gold members who have ridiculous amounts of teams (or those who have ridiculous amounts of players per team) keeping track of every players details is a bit difficult. A position change might mean I want to sell the player, or that he is now better than a player in his new position, so I will sell the other guy. But instead I find myself having to count how many I have in certain positions to see whats changed. So the old position as well as the new would be really helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

THE ATMS needs revamped! And The Tickets !!

I posted this in the SMFA improvements section that has been closed, so i'll post here. I gave an example in one of my game worlds, this was it.

Blatant cheats in GC 145

How many deals is this now? Now i have done a deal with Ajax, My Ashley Young and Glen Johnson for Gotze, a high price but Fair IMO, and if it means that deal is reversed then so be it, but you two guys are just ripping the urine and this shows the so called "highly attuned" ATMS is a load of rubbish.

Deals done: with ALL the left sided deals going to Bayern.

This is not sour grapes, i was only in for one player which drew my attention to the done deals.

WIJNALDUM for Ottil plus 8m.

RAFAEL, Da Silva for Van Buyten and 8m, beginning to see a pattern already?

ASAMOAH, Kwadwo for 15 million cash, yes just cash, we all know that's just wrong.

And that's just this NEW season.

Last Season, Deals Done:

ALDERWEIRELD, Toby for 15 million cash, same as Asamoah deal.

PJANIC, Miralem for £15.0M and Danijel PRANJIC and Edson BRAAFHEID.

I think there was a 6th, but as the player history is not what it used to be i've forgotten that one.

The Managers or "Cheaters" involved are at Bayern we have Verbina iulian and at Ajax we have Nemanja Mihajlovic.

I ONLY EVER report BLATANT CHEATS, and guess what the ticket reply was? do i even need to tell you?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) has not picked up any cheating in relation to the reported managers and transfers. The ATMS is highly tuned to look into several factors to see if the managers in question are cheating.

Regards

SoccerManager Support Team

This ticket is now closed.

Now this is the sort of thing All us decent rule abiding players are getting really annoyed by, if you can't correct this then please point me in the right direction.

And if nothing is or can be done then what is the point?

Edit: And guess what SM, Ajax manager has quit after selling all its assets, another Good team ruined, well done!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was an edited version, my previous version had some stars in place of profanities and has been removed and i've had a warning for using swear words and btw i never swore just used stars and let people use their imagination, but there you go Instead of helping or replying with a suggestion the best SM can do is give me a warning for something i never did.

Our money is being used wisely as you can all see, BLOOMING JOKE!!!(blooming is not a swear word ;) )

So instead of wrapping my knuckles and those of other managers who do not cheat, have been here for a while and once in a while come up with good Idea's for actually improving game features on Soccer Manager, why not use the money being spent and put the time and effort in to correct these major flaws that are there for all to see. RANT OVER!!!

I don't know whether this has been suggested before but here goes. Gold Championships should really have a set time on when they are opened and are available to reserve a club. Most of the Gold Championships are brought about early afternoon where I have work most days and many others might have college etc. and the idea would be a fairer way and everyone has the same chance in getting the team they want :) I mean have participated in gold championships for 8 months and the best team I have managed to get is Club America :mad:

I think it's unfair that when i bid for a player and wait almost a day for it to be accepted another player comes along makes a bid and soon after both are in, the other players that bid after should wait the same time! i made a bid at 11am, came to check on it at 11pm, i was still the only one, 8 hours later i woke up to see another one had bided a bit higher than me so i lost the player...not fair. i made a hidden bid for the exact value of him, i should have been given more time for a chance to up it.

also the concerns are too harsh, they make us have 2 squads to rotate to be competitive in the championships and cups, and then penalise us for having some extra players, these two things are annoying me and specially the concerns are gonna make me stop playing, i wanna have fun not concerns also!

i know this has been talked alot, but not by me, so i add to the protest.

1. The stadium's: If a club finishes in a good standing in the league their capacity should be raised for example, in my Darlington team i finished 4th in Division 1 and got a Champions League spot, yet my stadium can only hold a capacity of 25,000, which is appauling at this level! Should definitely be upgraded to let me widen my squad as im losing more and more money per game!

2. More prize money at the end of each season?: Their should be more funding given towards a club for their standing at the end of the season! As again, i finished 4th and only got 6 mil? It should be more realistic, get about 15 mil or something to reward this, and for clubs in the Division 2 being promoted getting mere funds, they need it more coming upto the top division! Should be more challenging by giving them money to improve their squad ready for the new season etc.

3. Managers getting sacked and rewarded?: Okaaay i get it that people want to make a squad their own by bringing their own players in etc, but every manager in real life likes to do that too, such as Harry Redknapp buying Crouch, Defoe and Kaboul from Pompey! But managers should be sacked for poor form or with relegation in danger with other factors too! Would cause more movement and people being able to get the club that they support too, a manager getting rewarded for good form with more money and then being linked with other jobs, would make the game much more realistic!

Hope you all appreciate this as i believe they would be good improvements to the game on a whole!

1. The stadium's: If a club finishes in a good standing in the league their capacity should be raised for example' date=' in my Darlington team i finished 4th in Division 1 and got a Champions League spot, yet my stadium can only hold a capacity of 25,000, which is appauling at this level! Should definitely be upgraded to let me widen my squad as im losing more and more money per game![/quote']

Completely agree with you on this. My Wycombe team have been one of the top teams in my setup for a number of seasons and the stadium size has increased from an original 10,000 up to 25,000 capacity. Now not only has the stadium building stopped but we don't even get capacity crowds, even though we won the Div 1 title two years ago and the Champions League last season! It seems that at the very least we should get sell-out crowds at a premium ticket price rather than losing millions every turn.

Not sure I could ever see your points 2 and 3 being implemented though