The Minor Improvments Thread

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

Similar to what someone else earlier posted I would love to see a club history/statistics page with record appearance makers and goalscorers. Maybe not involving real life statistics but using all the stats from that game world. I think a top 10 for both categories at each club would add a lot, and it would be cool to keep track of what players have achieved at your club. Also maybe a record of the all time league/cup goal scorers and appearance makers would be interesting as well and would add lots of depth to the game.

The 2 things I would like to see are:

Archiving the newspaper. In a lot of my game worlds my friends and I write some AWESOME articles about each other' date=' plenty of scandel ensues and its hilarious to read. What annoys me is that at the end of each season, the articles get wiped. Why can't they be archived?

And the other thing is regarding position changes. On the reports page it would be great to see what position they moved from. For us gold members who have ridiculous amounts of teams (or those who have ridiculous amounts of players per team) keeping track of every players details is a bit difficult. A position change might mean I want to sell the player, or that he is now better than a player in his new position, so I will sell the other guy. But instead I find myself having to count how many I have in certain positions to see whats changed. So the old position as well as the new would be really helpful.[/quote']

Agree with this.

Transfers not showing players involved. If players could be added to the transfer fee to give a real indication of the biggest transfers that would be nice. The highest fee I paid shows 8' date=' it should be 2 players of say 24 million and 4 million for 28 million as the highest transfer paid.

Another thing, in setups which have all sorts of teams from various countries are the toughest to find players that you want from external. I'm looking to fill positions that I'm in need of, and I don't know for sure which teams are external at times. Could we have those external teams in italics (or something similar) as I'm not sure which team from Belgium (for example) is an internal club or an external club.[/quote']

Agree with these.

Also, it would be very useful to be able to search by league and division in the gameworld. This would drastically reduce search time for potential risers.

Just a suggestion, When moving a player to youth team, you will be tired of clicking each on every player, clicking squad status and youth/first team. Imagine a team of 100 youth players. So it will be better if we would have an option to check or select a player and move to youth team. Also these option applies to shortlisting a player.

Just a suggestion' date=' When moving a player to youth team, you will be tired of clicking each on every player, clicking squad status and youth/first team. Imagine a team of 100 youth players. So it will be better if we would have an option to check or select a player and move to youth team. Also these option applies to shortlisting a player.[/quote']

You win good sir.

Have always wondered why we do not have this option.

Sometimes managers receive bids, but they don't have time to deal with them immediately or they need a couple of days to think about the offers on the table.

Problem is, I don't spend my life on SM and it's easy to forget that someone actually submitted a bid on a player a few days or a week ago. And the news item that tells me I received a bid disappears quickly down the news feed. Hence, I may unintentionally be "ignoring" another manager's bid.

So how about a permanent box at the top of the club messages feed telling you that you have bids on Player X? Could even implement a scroller/fader: i.e. starts off with "Brentford have offered £300,000 for Andy CARROLL. 7 days left to respond", then after five seconds, it switches to the next bid. (Like the news fader on the BBC News site.)

Custom News Feed

Sometimes we only want to see certain things in our news feed. Now everything is dumped there... transfer news, managers leaving/joining, newspapers. That will push down things we want to see very quickly, for example rejected manager applications can push down a written newspaper article.

Custom News Feed

Sometimes we only want to see certain things in our news feed. Now everything is dumped there... transfer news' date=' managers leaving/joining, newspapers. That will push down things we want to see very quickly, for example rejected manager applications can push down a written newspaper article.[/quote']

At the time of writing there hasn't been a news feed at all for 24 hours! Have to agree that there is too much stuff in there.

I don't think the filter could have more specific categories, like the newspaper for example.

Am I the only one that thinks there should be a new position for defenders? They should add a new one, FB or full back, IMO. Because most players who can only play full back get given Def instead, and some players can play as a full back on either side and another position, like Fabio Coentrao who has also played at RB for Madrid a lot this season and also plays at DM, but is just given LB/DM in this game. It should give the managers more tactical options when they have players like Coentrao. It's a change that I think would give the game even the slightest bit of variety.

Am I the only one that thinks there should be a new position for defenders? They should add a new one' date=' FB or full back, IMO. Because most players who can only play full back get given Def instead, and some players can play as a full back on either side and another position, like Fabio Coentrao who has also played at RB for Madrid a lot this season and also plays at DM, but is just given LB/DM in this game. It should give the managers more tactical options when they have players like Coentrao. It's a change that I think would give the game even the slightest bit of variety.[/quote']

Not so sure what you're saying.

Right now there are LB/RB/CB or Def.

The only thing I'm aware of is Def is more limited for the side positions in contrast to LB/RB.

LB/RB can play the side defenders in all formations while Def only in some. I think a player who's Def will have orange status if he plays the LB/RB of some 5-defenders formation.

Perhaps it could be the formations that need to be more open to a variety of positions. This has the same effect as players with Fwd in some formations.

Not so sure what you're saying.

Right now there are LB/RB/CB or Def.

The only thing I'm aware of is Def is more limited for the side positions in contrast to LB/RB.

LB/RB can play the side defenders in all formations while Def only in some. I think a player who's Def will have orange status if he plays the LB/RB of some 5-defenders formation.

Perhaps it could be the formations that need to be more open to a variety of positions. This has the same effect as players with Fwd in some formations.

I meant that some players can play at both RB, LB, and DM like Coentrao of Real Madrid in real life, but in this game, he can only play at LB and DM, so adding an FB position would mean that he could play the same positions he does in reality. Same goes for Gonzalo Castro of Leverkeusen who played at both full back positions and at DM, but was given Def/DM even though he didn't even play at CB.

SM should make it able to customize a few rules in Standard Game Worlds that are bought by people:

• Buying from Unmanaged clubs
  • Managers must log in at least every x amount of days

If you can change these rules people who buy Standard Game Worlds get that little bit more value for their cash because this way they'd be more able to keep their Game World active and thus interesting to play in.

Its not meant to completely design your own Game World, but just to have a better possibility at keeping it active and that's something you should get as a costumer. There's enough Standard worlds that are dead by the end of season 2 and if that happens to be the world you bought I'm sure you're not happy about it, these rules could help a lot on improving activity imo!

SM should make it able to customize a few rules in Standard Game Worlds that are bought by people:

• Buying from Unmanaged clubs
  • Managers must log in at least every x amount of days

If you can change these rules people who buy Standard Game Worlds get that little bit more value for their cash because this way they'd be more able to keep their Game World active and thus interesting to play in.

Its not meant to completely design your own Game World' date=' but just to have a better possibility at keeping it active and that's something you should get as a costumer. There's enough Standard worlds that are dead by the end of season 2 and if that happens to be the world you bought I'm sure you're not happy about it, these rules could help a lot on improving activity imo![/quote']

Totally on board with this...Especially the 1st suggestion regarding buying from unmanaged clubs...

• 2 weeks later...

Advertise championship forumer or otherwise

In order to maintain championships is there a possibility on the page where you join a new club to have a small section for championships to advertise their presence.

For example EC7345 was a healthy championship and could be again, if it could attract new blood. But it will never be found except for forumers. Likewise EC7 say will never be found even by forumers.

It is hard for new players to find a decent championship as they can't search say by fullness or seasons played as far as I know, they join a new championship and rapidly quit as it only has 6 players. If they stayed they might enjoy it and go gold.! Or play more often giving you more advertising revenue.

Full championships make good economic sense for SM therefore ,this would seem to be a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

1. The stadium's: If a club finishes in a good standing in the league their capacity should be raised for example' date=' in my Darlington team i finished 4th in Division 1 and got a Champions League spot, yet my stadium can only hold a capacity of 25,000, which is appauling at this level! Should definitely be upgraded to let me widen my squad as im losing more and more money per game!

2. More prize money at the end of each season?: Their should be more funding given towards a club for their standing at the end of the season! As again, i finished 4th and only got 6 mil? It should be more realistic, get about 15 mil or something to reward this, and for clubs in the Division 2 being promoted getting mere funds, they need it more coming upto the top division! Should be more challenging by giving them money to improve their squad ready for the new season etc.

3. Managers getting sacked and rewarded?: Okaaay i get it that people want to make a squad their own by bringing their own players in etc, but every manager in real life likes to do that too, such as Harry Redknapp buying Crouch, Defoe and Kaboul from Pompey! But managers should be sacked for poor form or with relegation in danger with other factors too! Would cause more movement and people being able to get the club that they support too, a manager getting rewarded for good form with more money and then being linked with other jobs, would make the game much more realistic!

Hope you all appreciate this as i believe they would be good improvements to the game on a whole![/quote']

For the stadiums, have they just brought this in??? Because today I got a message for one of my clubs that the stadium capacity has been upgraded, I was VERY impressed!

As for the managers getting sacked, I agree, I would love this. I think there are lots of managers out there who are pretty bad and who would get the boot if it was real life!. I think something like an approval rating be implemented. Say, a Chairman and/or fans approval rating, where this goes up and down depending on your results. Even better would be to incorperate other things, like landing a big name signing, but I guess the more you add, the trickier it would be to implement.

Just a suggestion' date=' When moving a player to youth team, you will be tired of clicking each on every player, clicking squad status and youth/first team. Imagine a team of 100 youth players. So it will be better if we would have an option to check or select a player and move to youth team. Also these option applies to shortlisting a player.[/quote']

haha I am against having so many players, just ask Jimmy Mack ;). BUT I totally agree with the idea, even if its for a smaller squad. I mean I sometimes do a big spend up and buy up to 20 new youth players, and even thats a hassle to add them one by one. Surely they can put check boxes down the side of squad lists, and have the 'add to youth squad' button down the bottom of the list, instead of in the player profiles.

Can't believe I have forgotton to add this one' date=' but why is new Zealand STILL not in the world cup?? I thought getting into it for real and then[b'] being the only unbeaten team besides spain,[/b] would be enough!

apart from the fact that Spain lost to Switzerland in the group stages ;)

I don't think there should be a situation whereby managers get sacked if they perform badly. This could turn very sour given people pay money to play SM. I think the current format of logging in every X number of days is good. Those who neglect their clubs then get removed. I don't think managers should be forcibly removed for doing badly.

At the end of the day its a game to enjoy playing. I know for me I would be extremely angry and dissatisfied if I got removed for being relegated or whatever . I can't see what good it can bring

I don't think there should be a situation whereby managers get sacked if they perform badly. This could turn very sour given people pay money to play SM. I think the current format of logging in every X number of days is good. Those who neglect their clubs then get removed. I don't think managers should be forcibly removed for doing badly.

At the end of the day its a game to enjoy playing. I know for me I would be extremely angry and dissatisfied if I got removed for being relegated or whatever . I can't see what good it can bring

I agree that they shouldn't be sacked. I think it would be an idea to put a bit more emphasis on the chairman expectations. For example, in one of my gameworlds, Chelsea were rock bottom of Div 1 for most of the season, and were duly relegated to Div 2 where they sit in the play offs, despite having a squad capable of winning Div 1, let alone Div 2. The manager obviously doing something massively crazy and insane there. Now i imagine his start o season expectations in Div 1 were to challenge for the title, and he has obvioiusly underperformed. So for the next season, don't increase the stadium or the trasnfer budget. Or even in this case, as the underperfomance is so major, take away some of the budget.