The Minor Improvments Thread

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

I agree that they shouldn't be sacked. I think it would be an idea to put a bit more emphasis on the chairman expectations. For example' date=' in one of my gameworlds, Chelsea were rock bottom of Div 1 for most of the season, and were duly relegated to Div 2 where they sit in the play offs, despite having a squad capable of winning Div 1, let alone Div 2. The manager obviously doing something massively crazy and insane there. Now i imagine his start o season expectations in Div 1 were to challenge for the title, and he has obvioiusly underperformed. So for the next season, don't increase the stadium or the trasnfer budget. Or even in this case, as the underperfomance is so major, take away some of the budget.[/quote']

Yeah that'd be much better. Have some ramifications within the game for poor performance. But not sacking. That's not the answer in my opinion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

I agree that they shouldn't be sacked. I think it would be an idea to put a bit more emphasis on the chairman expectations. For example' date=' in one of my gameworlds, Chelsea were rock bottom of Div 1 for most of the season, and were duly relegated to Div 2 where they sit in the play offs, despite having a squad capable of winning Div 1, let alone Div 2. The manager obviously doing something massively crazy and insane there. Now i imagine his start o season expectations in Div 1 were to challenge for the title, and he has obvioiusly underperformed. So for the next season, don't increase the stadium or the trasnfer budget. Or even in this case, as the underperfomance is so major, take away some of the budget.[/quote']

I prefer the sackings, though this idea could work too. But first I think they would have to make the chairman a little more consistant with how much budget is available in the first place.

As for people having a sour taste in their mouth if they pay, this is true. But also people have a sour taste about hogging player(s) too. Without going into another rant about what I feel about player hogging, either way someone is going to be left with a sour taste in their mouth regardless, and at least with sackings its more realistic that having too many players or never letting a player leave. The other point I want to make it that relelgation isn't really common place, not that I can see anyway. I have been playing for 4 years now, and only ever gotten relegated once, and that was when I took over a team that was about 15 points from safety. And given most game worlds aren't full enough to have many, if any, managers getting relegated, I think you will find that managers getting sacked for being relegated would be pretty rare. You would have to be either awful at the game, or in a full game world.

Still, they would have to be careful, I mean my wolves team 15 points from safety when I joined, obviously not the fault of myself, so if I got booted because of that, I would be pretty miffed. That or any managers who only just join the club and get sacked straight away. And I guess if you want the option there is always this option for custom game worlds, though I have never been in one full enough to verify if it works!

Just a random thought that popped into my head....and I known there would be a lot of people against this...but when a player from an unmanaged or external club (or for that matter a free agent), and he has more than one club bidding for him....perhaps he doesn't automatically go to the highest bidder. It would be good to have an element of personal preference of the new club, not always, because I know that in the real world more often than not the highest bidder wins. But with this way, having more cash than your bidding rival would not be guarenteed to land you the player.

Another idea along the same lines, maybe such players should be able to reject a move away from their club. This would slow down the amount of player poaching from unmanaged teams. I have only ever had players reject a move because the quality of the team is much below the quality of the player.

Here's a suggestion that might inject a bit of excitement for those of us that like to watch matches on the 'Score Centre':

Instead of the 'action' ending on 44 minutes with 45 mins being half time and likewise ending on 89 mins, what if the match engine were to announce 'added time' after 44 mins and 89 mins? This could be a random generated number between 1 and 5 which would add a level of realism to the game without requiring any major change to the algorithm.

After all, in most leagues, there is always added time in games and it would mean that if you're two up or two down at 88 mins the game wouldn't be effectively over.

Here's a suggestion that might inject a bit of excitement for those of us that like to watch matches on the 'Score Centre':

Instead of the 'action' ending on 44 minutes with 45 mins being half time and likewise ending on 89 mins' date=' what if the match engine were to announce 'added time' after 44 mins and 89 mins? This could be a random generated number between 1 and 5 which would add a level of realism to the game without requiring any major change to the algorithm.

After all, in most leagues, there is always added time in games and it would mean that if you're two up or two down at 88 mins the game wouldn't be effectively over.[/quote']

Definitly, I have always wondered why they don't have extra time in there anyway, and that would be good to have it in the score centre. As long as it IS random and the Manchester United manager doesn't get to influence it :P

my suggestion is about Career Statistics found on a players profile that is in your squad.

now these do not include cup games stats (or least i don't think they do)

just the league games so in reality a lot of info is missing.

i wonder why you have the info for the current season but do not add it to the overall figure for an archieved season. this way you can see exactly how many games / goals / etc for any given player and would make it easier to manage concerns.

leads me to the other point do these cup games not listed count towards amount of games for concerns for previous seasons. or are they just lost in the system. because say you give a player 28 games a season. say 20 in league then 8 in the cups then when it gets to new season he's only listed as playing 20 games. then say he gets injured and does not play it will be worked out that he not played enough games and will get a concern, when clearly imo he should not.

Just a random thought that popped into my head....and I known there would be a lot of people against this...but when a player from an unmanaged or external club (or for that matter a free agent)' date=' and he has more than one club bidding for him....perhaps [b']he doesn't automatically go to the highest bidder[/b]. It would be good to have an element of personal preference of the new club, not always, because I know that in the real world more often than not the highest bidder wins. But with this way, having more cash than your bidding rival would not be guarenteed to land you the player.

Another idea along the same lines, maybe such players should be able to reject a move away from their club. This would slow down the amount of player poaching from unmanaged teams. I have only ever had players reject a move because the quality of the team is much below the quality of the player.

I've still not got my head around how transfers work.

Are you sure that the player always goes to the highest bidder?

What about if one club offers cash and the other P/E?

Does the player go to the club with the highest offer (taking into account the cost of players in P/E)?

Also, do players tend to go to their former clubs more often? In both leagues I am in, I've missed out on Ronaldo because he went to Man Utd, despite my offers being higher (incl P/E)... My teams were Chelsea and Liverpool.

I also don't know whether the order of the bid makes any difference. Is it better to bid first or last??

Lots of questions for this troubled manager...

One other thing - can we please spell the title of this thread correctly - Improvements - especially as it is such a big one!

Autopick = Amazing

I hope that was sarcastic.

It's absolute garbage.

I've tried it on my teams and so far its moved a back line of....

Simpson---Coloccini----Santon

to

Coloccini-----Santon------Simpson

Making the two full backs out of place.

Then in another team it put Schweinsteiger on the wing and Ronaldo in the DMC spot.

Then with another team it had Hummels on the wing and Gotze in the RB spot.

It's tosh.

Autopick = Amazing
I hope that was sarcastic.

It's absolute garbage.

I've tried it on my teams and so far its moved a back line of....

Simpson---Coloccini----Santon

to

Coloccini-----Santon------Simpson

Making the two full backs out of place.

Then in another team it put Schweinsteiger on the wing and Ronaldo in the DMC spot.

Then with another team it had Hummels on the wing and Gotze in the RB spot.

It's tosh.

You beat me to it, decided to try it out after he Stephen mentioned it. I had a FWD placed on RM and a winger put into CM. Don't really understand it's purpose.

I've still not got my head around how transfers work.

Are you sure that the player always goes to the highest bidder?

What about if one club offers cash and the other P/E?

Does the player go to the club with the highest offer (taking into account the cost of players in P/E)?

Also' date=' do players tend to go to their former clubs more often? In both leagues I am in, I've missed out on Ronaldo because he went to Man Utd, despite my offers being higher (incl P/E)... My teams were Chelsea and Liverpool.

I also don't know whether the order of the bid makes any difference. Is it better to bid first or last??

Lots of questions for this troubled manager...

One other thing - can we please spell the title of this thread correctly - Improvements - especially as it is such a big one![/quote']

Well, I thought the highest bidder always wins. Perhaps on the odd occasion the highest bid doesn't win.

In the case of P/E, if the value of the player (according to the club he is going to) is higher than the cash offer, then the P/E will win (or it should if the highest bid always wins).

I know that players will go to their current real life club more often, if that club is unmanaged. But thats only if there are no other bids, so if another club bids higher, the player doesn't seem to go to his real life club. I HAVE noticed that when you transfer list a player, bids will often come in from his home country, or the country of the club he plays for real life.

It just occured to me why the winning bidder wont always be the highest bidder. If the team selling the player is run by a human manager, then we can pick the team he goes to, but most of us will just pick the highest bid anyway.

Oh and no, order of bids don't matter at all.

really not feeling how we now hav 2 use 2 external pop up links for formations and player instructions..

the old way u could see all of these in 1 visual look and change them all 2gether wiout having to use memory..

if you select set ingame instructions it actually pulls up the old screen system where u can do them all and see them all directly..

i really dont see the point in the new change.. formation and player instructions all being on 1 screen was much easier 2 use before as apose to the 2 seperate pop ups now that u cant see clear for players names in there positions poping through..

like i said.. pritty much the old screen which ingame instructions still continues 2 offer now is by far better and more user friendly..

please change it back for us lads that actually bother to counter!!!..

:)

I love it too, but...

It said my team has set a new club record with 18 games unbeaten in a row and then half an hour later for the same team it said it had set a new club record with 19 games unbeaten in a row. And now, about another 45 minutes have gone by and my unbeaten streak is up to 20. I've only gone 14 games without a loss....

The record system is broken beyond belief.

Have sent a ticket and suggest others do too.

Incorrect records being stated about my most league games won in row, most league games unbeaten in row, highest scoring game etc etc etc.

And why the hell are their TWO player records sections and TWO team record sections that contain exactly the same infor FGS??

After their result against VfR Aalen, Hessen Kassel are now unbeaten in 10 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.
After their result against VfR Aalen, Hessen Kassel are now unbeaten in 11 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.
After their result against VfR Aalen, Hessen Kassel are now unbeaten in 12 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

All after tonight's games. And I have only played 8 games so how does this make sense.

And I have two team records which both say different things

The record system is broken beyond belief.

Have sent a ticket and suggest others do too.

Incorrect records being stated about my most league games won in row' date=' most league games unbeaten in row, highest scoring game etc etc etc.

And why the hell are their TWO player records sections and TWO team record sections that contain exactly the same infor FGS??[/quote']

Mine has different information, but wrong information for the one. It says my current winning streak is 3 games, but it also says my current unbeaten streak is 0 games. I wonder how that happens.

I don't like this 'records' notifier, it takes away all that element of suspense when waiting for the score to appear when you click on the match report. If you know you have a record winning streak going, and you see the wee notification when you log in, you'll know you've won before clicking on the report.

An unnecessary change IMO. In fact, most of the cosmetic changes in the last couple of days haven't really been for the better, and I'm usually more positive than most about in-game changes.

a. The player search box should have remained on the left, no need to move it

b. The disappearance of the tabular navigation is a disaster. I don't know what the thinking was behind that

c. The removal of the home option from the green navigation bar. Yes, I know clicking on the wee black house at the top does the job, but why take that option away? It doesn't enhance the experience in the slightest.

I do like the new tactics layout. I like the way you can now clear your squad, then pick a new formation without the players re-appearing again in those positions. The auto-pick feature, when cleaned up a bit, will be an excellent addition, particularly for those who have a lot of teams. There's a number of set ups where I'm nearing the end of the season, and things have already been decided. I generally don't spend as long picking teams for the remaining games. The auto-pick will be perfect for that.