• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Create an option in the tactics section,

where before the match you can select substitutes who would automatically replace an injured player.

This would be a huge improvement to SM and would force a manager to think seriously about what players he puts on the bench, and who he would use as a sub when injuries occur.

You could have this format for example!

Replace an injured defender with Player ???

Replace an injured midfielder with Player ???

Replace an injured striker with Player ???

It would make a big difference to the game i think.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Create an option in the tactics section' date='

where before the match you can select substitutes who would automatically replace an injured player.

This would be a huge improvement to SM and would force a manager to think seriously about what players he puts on the bench, and who he would use as a sub when injuries occur.

You could have this format for example!

Replace an injured defender with Player ???

Replace an injured midfielder with Player ???

Replace an injured striker with Player ???

It would make a big difference to the game i think.[/quote']

It wouldn't make any difference as the injuries are only decided after the game. They don't have any impact on a players performance during the match.

LOL, there's a minor change needs making: I just bought Vincent Kompany for 46 million, and a club record comes up on my club overview page. It reads: A new club record has been set. record crowd as 46,000,000 fans watch Palermo play Fenerbahce.! I know the mafia have rumoured powers beyond the norm in Sicily, but that's quite a few half time pizzas they would have to supply!

It wouldn't make any difference as the injuries are only decided after the game. They don't have any impact on a players performance during the match.

Genuine question here (not being argumentative)

Is that really true?

Surely a player getting injured during a game & not being substituted, will have an affect on your team and that individuals performance?

If not, then I stand corrected.

LOL' date=' there's a minor change needs making: I just bought Vincent Kompany for 46 million, and a club record comes up on my club overview page. It reads: A new club record has been set. record crowd as 46,000,000 fans watch Palermo play Fenerbahce.! I know the mafia have rumoured powers beyond the norm in Sicily, but that's quite a few half time pizzas they would have to supply![/quote']

The same thing has happened to me. 11,000,000 fans showed up after I signed Lucas Moura. If only it was true, imagine the gate receipts!

Genuine question here (not being argumentative)

Is that really true?

Surely a player getting injured during a game & not being substituted' date=' will have an affect on your team and that individuals performance?

If not, then I stand corrected.[/quote']

You would think so wouldn't you? Unfortunately the match engine is not as sophisticated as it should be to reflect the complexity of dealing with injuries, sendings off etc.

For example: I have had a player, Zarate (rated 89), who was designated Forward/Winger who scored a hat-trick and had two assists in an 8-0 win getting a rating of 4 because I changed his in-play position from forward to winger after 75 mins (and no he wasn't booked or sent off). In WC1 recently the Liverpool team (average rating 89) drew 2-2 with the Chelsea team (average rating 94) despite having 4 players sent off!

This was the first message I received after taking control of a new team.

Culé for Life! takes control of Barcelona.

All clubs started off with no players in this Game World so you will have to put together a new squad before the season starts.

The chairman and fans expect a long and successful era under your guidance!

Barcelona were founded in 1899 and play their home games at Camp Nou in Barcelona. The club is also known as Culés.

Was it supposed to say "The club's fans are known as Culés" or "The club is also known as Barca"?

That does seem inconsistent. Have you tried submitting a bug ticket?

I don't know how to submit a ticket unfortunately. But the good news is that my team is in the SMFA Champions Cup group stage. Also how long has it been since it was confirmed that squad numbers would be introduced?

Well i dont know if this has happened to anyone else and i haven't really put in the time to search for a specific thread about it' date=' but occasionally SM tells me I have Player/Ratings changes and when i go and click on the reports it says there are no changes. Does anyone else get this? If so maybe its something SM should look into.[/quote']

Yeah its happened to me too, in fact it happens a little too often. I think a change happens, its just not showing up!

2 things!

Firstly, is it me or is the contracts running out a little redundant? Should we have it where if you let them run out, they can leave on a free? They get transfer listed for their value? I know Jimmy and other massive squad people would hate that, imagine going through all your players to check their contracts! But it gives us a little more of a challenge to keep an eye on them.

Secondly, I am so tempted to summarise some of these changes so if someone from soccermanager pops their head in, they can see instantly what we have discussed. Maybe put next to each idea, have how many for and againsts, and keep updating it? Good idea or bad idea?

personally i'd like to see the removal of the arrows option

and a "free place" of players option added,

now not saying full pitch free movement i'm saying like with the arrow scenario when you click on a player you have those circle icons pop up,

well instead of an arrow indicating your choice how about it just moves the starting position of the actual player.

also just like to add i have no idea that if these arrows actual are a substitute/alternative for what i'm putting forward as frankly i have no actual idea what the arrow(s) function do(es), wheither it be player initial positional movement or if its meant to have some effect on your players making runs in certain directions, or not.

Hey guys

I have created a summary thread for all of these ideas, so we can keep track. I have omitted some ideas, namely the ones which have since been implemented in the game, and those that didn't get support from others.

Here is the link: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=120288

If anyone brings up an old idea thats already been mentioned in here, I will add to the tally and show how popular the idea is, in here. But to save clogging up the thread with my posts, I will delete old ones.

Hey guys

I have created a summary thread for all of these ideas' date=' so we can keep track. I have omitted some ideas, namely the ones which have since been implemented in the game, and those that didn't get support from others.

Here is the link: [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=120288[/url]

If anyone brings up an old idea thats already been mentioned in here, I will add to the tally and show how popular the idea is, in here. But to save clogging up the thread with my posts, I will delete old ones.

Good idea Matt:)

personally i'd like to see the removal of the arrows option

and a "free place" of players option added' date='

now not saying full pitch free movement i'm saying like with the arrow scenario when you click on a player you have those circle icons pop up,

well instead of an arrow indicating your choice how about it just moves the starting position of the actual player.

also just like to add i have no idea that if these arrows actual are a substitute/alternative for what i'm putting forward as frankly i have no actual idea what the arrow(s) function do(es), wheither it be player initial positional movement or if its meant to have some effect on your players making runs in certain directions, or not.

[/font']

The arrows indicate the way/style in which a player will make their 'runs', or the direction in which they will preferably move. They will not always follow this instruction.

I agree in the sense that I would prefer a more customizable formation. And I also see the sense in removing the arrows. There are certain positions such as the FWD and CF positions that they are just unnecessary for. The only positions I have only used them for are the midfield positions and the RB/LB position.

I think reserve team and youth team would be good. I like the youth team as we play a youth championship in one GW I'm in. It would be good to move a bunch of others into a reserve team though.

What I really want is a way of separating the player list when doing p/e offers for new players. It has a drop down menu of players that are no longer transfer band, but some are keepers and some are sellers. They should only appear in the list if they are on the transfer list or at least have the option to toggle off/on.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible for all teams to have the same chairmans max on players?

SM have introduced concerns to stop player hoarding which is working to some extent but I believe the above change would have a more significant impact to:

1) reduce player hoarding; as less players would move to the big clubs

2) increase 'stickers'; ie increase the number of managers who stick with teams. When a new set-up starts a lot of the teams get taken initially but after only a couple of games the set-up loses a lot of it's players. If the smaller clubs have an equal chance to get the hottest young, cheap talents then more managers will have more reasons to stick around.

I propose that if two clubs bid exactly the same (eg Man Utd and Aldershot Town bid chairmans max) then it is randomly decided which club the player choses.

Would it be possible for all teams to have the same chairmans max on players?

SM have introduced concerns to stop player hoarding which is working to some extent but I believe the above change would have a more significant impact to:

1) reduce player hoarding; as less players would move to the big clubs

2) increase 'stickers'; ie increase the number of managers who stick with teams. When a new set-up starts a lot of the teams get taken initially but after only a couple of games the set-up loses a lot of it's players. If the smaller clubs have an equal chance to get the hottest young' date=' cheap talents then more managers will have more reasons to stick around.

I propose that if two clubs bid exactly the same (eg Man Utd and Aldershot Town bid chairmans max) then it is randomly decided which club the player choses.[/quote']

This is the only setting giving actual chances to the small clubs on getting some decent players and you want to remove it? Thats would be just bad...

Why should Barcelona, with already heaps of great players and dozens of good riser, have the same chance on (for example) Digne (80 LB from lille) than Swansea City. If you remove this setting, the big teams that already earn much more than smaller clubs will have even bigger chances to get way more players than they already do, meaning the game will become always more one sided because the big teams will just hoard every decent youngster with their money, and only give the small clubs their leftovers.

The way it is is just rightm because it gives a rightful limit to the big teams, and opens, even if slighty, the market to smaller clubs.

This is the only setting giving actual chances to the small clubs on getting some decent players and you want to remove it? Thats would be just bad...

Why should Barcelona' date=' with already heaps of great players and dozens of good riser, have the same chance on (for example) Digne (80 LB from lille) than Swansea City. If you remove this setting, the big teams that already earn much more than smaller clubs will have even bigger chances to get way more players than they already do, meaning the game will become always more one sided because the big teams will just hoard every decent youngster with their money, and only give the small clubs their leftovers.

The way it is is just rightm because it gives a rightful limit to the big teams, and opens, even if slighty, the market to smaller clubs.[/quote']

I'm not sure if you've misunderstood what I'm on about here!?

At the moment the bigger clubs with the most revenue have larger maximum bids on players. ie at the moment Man Utd could bid x +100K on a player that Aldershot could only bid 'x' for and therefore the player goes to Man Utd. By making the chairmans maximum bid (different to chairmans value...not sure if this is the point of confusion?) the same for all clubs, and SM making it random where the player goes to if bids are the same, it gives the smaller clubs a BETTER chance at getting the you g talent.