The Minor Improvments Thread

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

The new toolbar isn't very user-friendly. Would be good if u could auto-hide the grey bar. Just try going to tactics page and u will realise how difficult it is to set a substitution on a GK. Also, hope u could restore back the dropbox when we click on 'transfers' and the logout tab. Now, we need 2 clicks to search or view transfers and to logout compared to 1 click in the past. Well, I believe all users crave convenience and to reduce page loading time. :rolleyes:

I do like the new integration of the shortlists into transfers page though. :)

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

"Captain Random has guided Almirante Brown to a Charity Shield Final win against UD Logroñés!! Almirante Brown lost 5 - 4 to UD Logroñés in a penalty shootout after a dramatic match ended 3 - 3.

Harnik and Sulejmani were amongst the goalscorers."

Stop the mean messages like this one I got yesterday lol

• 4 weeks later...

I have some simple Ideas, that I hope the Devs see, and will hopefully put some thought into them.

1st. The Home Page. It is my Home Page, right? Why not make it to where I can reorder my clubs into whatever order I want. I do take priority over some more than others.

2nd. The Match Engine. Lots of ideas are thrown around for this. All very useful. I think what most want, is relevance. Relevance to what their squad lineups are and tactics. Simple errors happen like a pk being taken by a player who has had a red card. I understand that, and hopefully that is fixed. But, what I don't understand, is the match ratings of players, the match quality of my team's squad against an opponents squad he can't even begin to fathom in playing against that team in real life. Things like that make us wonder what the heck is going on. Please fix this, and hopefully sooner more than later.

3rd. Player's Ratings and Profile. This game is based on what the SM thinks their rating should be in real life. Where SM takes all their stats, playing time, goals, assists, what team they play for, how well that team is performing, etc, and makes an educated guess on what that player's rating should be. Why not have all this information useful in their profile. Pretty simple to me. There is too much unuseful information, and I've seen that expressed by many forumers on here.

4th. Loans and transfers. First off about transfers, SM got it wrong from the beginning when P/E are the norm for GC's. That's not what happens in real life. You see the occasional 1/100 transfers that happen in real life that will actually be an exchange. I know the money that each club has no real monetary value, it should though, at least, be as close to being real life as possible in my opinion. Take away P/E. That is just my opinion though. Transfer bans should be longer, so you have to be wiser with your purchases, and there should be Transfer windows, which would then eliminate the Bans, kind of give and take. Player concerns were a great addition, I thought, but it just takes way to dang long for them to actually be fed up with the club. I think it may take close to 1 year or more, actual time, which is probably close to 3 SM seasons. Thats just a rough estimated guess, but I feel that I'm close. If a top player doesn't have the opportunity to start, like a 90 and up player, for their club, then they should be allowed to leave, and forcefully, at the end of the season. Again, my opinion. Which would then lead to their contracts being actually legit. I sign my players to 5 year deals everytime they ask for a raise, and I don't see the problem with that in my finances. Just very unrealistic. Loans were a great addition to the game from unmanaged clubs. But, 70's being loaned out to a Chelsea club that is unmanaged, is a bit weird, and again, unrealistic. Plus, we should be able to loan out as many players as we want to a club, if they will take them, and we should be able to sell and buy as many players as we want between clubs. They can do that in real life, can't they? Which, this should lead into all external clubs being able to take on loan players. They are still part of the game, aren't they?

I think I have given 4 pretty basic Ideas, and I know some are a little bit more complex than others, but I have seen these expressed a lot over the years. From forumers and discussions that I have had with my friends who play this game.

I think most people just wish to have seen most of these ideas started on a few years back, when there seemed to be some sort of money injection into SM, and it was obvious. Please don't waste our money. We all play this game probably more than we do anything else, besides work and family.

Thanks.

job offers - in a set up where it's 70%? full and a vacancy appears, i'd like to have a 24 hour? period where anyone can apply and then a 48 hour? period where anyone who has been part of the set up for 21 days? or more can vote for who they would like to see have the job.

it would help keep out quitters and club hoppers whilst giving the long serving manager a chance at the top clubs, its probably more suited to custom set ups.

Quitting- a place to say why you have quit the said set up.

this then forms part of your history.

it allows those who pay for customs to get an idea of the type of person there are about to let into their set up.

Player search - let us define our search more.

e.g. i have just looked at 18-21 age group, i now go to 21-25, i see all the 21 year olds again and i dont want to.

why cant we put our own ages in so we get less pages to go through.

also bring back, defender, midfielder and forward as an option.

I tried to do a GK-GK trade deal with a player-controlled team' date=' and a message saying 'cannot afford to buy the last 2 GKs' comes out. Yes, the GK that I wanted to buy is the last GK on the team. But why can't the system detect that I'm [b']trading out a GK[/b] as well?!

For unmanaged, it's always been that way, but didn't realise it was as u say for a PLAYER controlled team. Maybe they think it would be open to cheating, so carte-blanche they just don't allow it.

Two things which I dont like about the game at present.

1) Home page - This was fine before the recent change, dont understand why it has changed, for me this is for the worse and not the better. Before I could see all of my teams by pressing the down button a couple of times without the need of scrolling all over the shop. Now I have to use the scroll bar on club list, drag it then drag on the actual page to see my teams. For ease all I want to do is press the down button, I dont want to be using scrolls.

2) Club Dropdown Menu - When on a certain club page there used to be a dropdown menu so you could easily to navigate to another club. Again its now a scroll, no good when trying to play the game on your mobile.

Two things which I dont like about the game at present.

1) Home page - This was fine before the recent change' date=' dont understand why it has changed, for me this is for the worse and not the better. Before I could see all of my teams by pressing the down button a couple of times without the need of scrolling all over the shop. Now I have to use the scroll bar on club list, drag it then drag on the actual page to see my teams. For ease all I want to do is press the down button, I dont want to be using scrolls.

2) Club Dropdown Menu - When on a certain club page there used to be a dropdown menu so you could easily to navigate to another club. Again its now a scroll, no good when trying to play the game on your mobile.[/quote']

This thread:- http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=149775

Well I would say that many of the managers Brazilians use the method of buying coins at SM cell because it is simple and easy but after these new "improvements" that have become much more expensive to buy the cell phone is an example of us having to spend more than 36 £ managing to stay with gold for 1 year. you think that fair? and how they could solve?

JOB OFFERS NEEDS CHANGING.

in the real world the top managers go to the top clubs.

the top teams don't pick a random manager from a deck of cards.

SM should let people apply for the jobs that come available within 7days. and then best manager on game world points should get the job.

***Add "prefered foot" as a search option in the Transfer section***

I tend to prefer 2 footed players, so having to trawl through 100's of players to find guys who play with both feet is a stretch. Just add left, right, and both check boxes. A simple idea but VERY effective and will save a lot of time.

JOB OFFERS NEEDS CHANGING.

in the real world the top managers go to the top clubs.

the top teams don't pick a random manager from a deck of cards.

SM should let people apply for the jobs that come available within 7days. and then best manager on game world points should get the job.

When Arsene Wenger went to Arsenal no one had ever heard of this guy from Japan who had been in charge of Nagoya Grampus 8. Alot of top managers would been ahead of him, but Arsene got the job

Terry Venables went from 3 years at Queens Park Rangers to manage Barcelona. Now he didn't win anything at QPR but there would of been an array of managers who though Barca would come knocking but they didn't. As Venables had gained a good reputation for being a coach and Barcelona seen that and wanted the same at their club.

At the moment the system is random on who gets any job which comes up and thats how it should stay. It just sounds like your a bit gutted that someone in charge of a club for a few days got offered a bigger club.

i would love to see a 'gameworld player history' implemented into the game.

A feature that enables you to actually see the stats of each league, seeing the all time best goalscorers, assistman etc.

For example RVP scores 600 goal in a gameworld in division 1 and then retires, his name and his goals would still be in the game as, lets say hes in the top 20 all time goal scorers of the gameworld, lets say 8th in the all time gameworld, and 1st in the all time premier league division.

Not saying we should go into details such as how many goals scored with a team and so on, or that all divisions should have it.

But would love a generic top 20 goals, assist, games played in main divisions of the gameworld (meaning the top 20 of the gameworld, so might be 3 from PL, 2 from ligue 1, 3 from eredivise and so on)

and a top 20 from each individual main division league.

My explanation is very generic, but im sure SM could make make it perfect in every detail, as long as they do it.

I would love to be able to check the history of my most dear gameworlds, and to make remember the best players that have done the history of the gameworld and that dont play anymore, and i would love even more being able to break such records.

Think it could only do positive to the gameworlds as it would add interest imo.

At the moment the system is random on who gets any job which comes up and thats how it should stay. It just sounds like your a bit gutted that someone in charge of a club for a few days got offered a bigger club.

Not at all gutted, I pay for top clubs and got 5 top clubs.

You have found 2 real life situations going back 20 years or so ,this is not how most % jobs are given out in the real world.winning cups and getting high league places is how managers get top jobs these days.

I can't see how you don't like this idea when everyone knowns what to do to get a top job. unless you can't win.