The Minor Improvments Thread

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

Removing chairman,its boring and uselless feature,he cant stop anyon to destroy club if he wants,and only is interfering in deals,without any use,completely stupid,if this is managment game,we should have full control of club not only 30% cause chairman,SMFA etc,cheaters will always cheat and harsh punishments and much better software are only chance to be stopped,plus human control of gw:mad:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

I would actually like to see loaned players club tied.

Usually when a player on loan's team faces the parent company,as a professional courtesy the loaned player does not play his parent team.

If loaned players in real life play against their parent club, then the parent club can get pretty angry and sell them. but in SM, i don't want to sell my players (thus why they are on loan) so i am unable to influence the selection of that player.

I like having players cup tied, adds an interesting factor to the mix when i select my teams. but i hate it when a 75 rated player of mine on loan scores the winning goal against me in a cup game, hahaha!

Another improvement would be more focused player reviews of ssay the top 5-7 leagues in the world....

After all these are the leagues with all the best players that everyone is trying to sign, I think these leagues should be in constant rotation when it comes to reviews and whatever teams are currently doing reviews, split them... Some team members dedicated to the top leagues and others concentrating on the lower/newly added players....

Basically the review system at the moment is just too slow, it needs more focus on the top players to maintain not only realism but interest in the game IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place for such a specific improvement, but you really should change the 广州恒大 (Guangzhou Evergrande) shirt from blue to red.

Not only is it a bit insulting seeing as they're the current Asian Champions' League holders, but blue is also the colour of their inter-city rivals 广州富力 (Guangzhou R&F).

Also, I realise that it's probably a way to gently 'encourage' people to pay up for gold membership, but perhaps make the assistant manager's tactical and personnel choices for SMFA competitions a little less mental.

There's no reason for him to get drunk with power and put out a third choice team playing 3-3-4 very defensive every chance he gets.

• 1 month later...

When I am on my own club and I click the transfers tab I am able to view the transfer and loan list, see what transfers I've made and search for players(by position, rating etc).

2qk30na.png

However when viewing someone else's club I can only see the transfer they have made, the ability to search players and see the loan or transfer list is gone.

2afee51.png

Although its only a small change I'd like to see these added on all clubs as it means we no longer have to go back to our own clubs to search the market.

Another improvement would be more focused player reviews of ssay the top 5-7 leagues in the world....

After all these are the leagues with all the best players that everyone is trying to sign' date=' I think these leagues should be in constant rotation when it comes to reviews and whatever teams are currently doing reviews, split them... Some team members dedicated to the top leagues and others concentrating on the lower/newly added players....

Basically the review system at the moment is just too slow, it needs more focus on the top players to maintain not only realism but interest in the game IMO[/quote']

That was there before (circa 2012) and received a lot of bad reviews, due to the dates (which were known) being too far separated (every transfer window) and thereby causing impatience.

I doubt they'll return to that, or anything in that sort, as the current system is going more and more towards an overall form-based rating system, whilst still focussing on the long-term strategies, which in my opinion is working very well.

That was there before (circa 2012) and received a lot of bad reviews' date=' due to the dates (which were known) being too far separated (every transfer window) and thereby causing impatience.[/b']

I doubt they'll return to that, or anything in that sort, as the current system is going more and more towards an overall form-based rating system, whilst still focussing on the long-term strategies, which in my opinion is working very well.

But that is not what I suggested, I suggested that a these top leagues should be consistently looked at as a matter of high priority as lets face it most game managers want the best players... These top leagues containing top players should be a priority and maintained regularly (not once a season, once a month!!!!) for it to work, overall the effectiveness of the game would be enhanced...

Basically, everyone knows these leagues, everyone knows these players... It takes too long (and too random) for them to be reviewed at the moment IMO... Its fine working away on the lesser known players at a slower pace IMO as the vast majority of game users are not waiting on these to be reviewed (it helps, but not nearly as high a priority as the major leagues)

Thats just how I see it, I think the current system irritates users as is... I know it does me....

But that is not what I suggested' date=' I suggested that a these top leagues should be consistently looked at as a matter of high priority as lets face it most game managers want the best players... These top leagues containing top players should be a priority and maintained regularly (not once a season, once a month!!!!) for it to work, overall the effectiveness of the game would be enhanced...

Basically, everyone knows these leagues, everyone knows these players... It takes too long (and too random) for them to be reviewed at the moment IMO... Its fine working away on the lesser known players at a slower pace IMO as the vast majority of game users are not waiting on these to be reviewed (it helps, but not nearly as high a priority as the major leagues)

Thats just how I see it, I think the current system irritates users as is... I know it does me....[/quote']

Then you're in the wrong type of game. If you want regular check-ups and updates, find yourself a football manager and have a blast. Plus, a setup like this with such a huge DB and so many leagues covered can't be bias towards a select group of leagues which "have the better football".

I personally love scouting in leagues which are more unknown, as the true gems which lie there are mostly the more spectacular ones.

Then you're in the wrong type of game. If you want regular check-ups and updates' date=' find yourself a football manager and have a blast. Plus, a setup like this with such a huge DB and so many leagues covered can't be bias towards a select group of leagues which "have the better football".

I personally love scouting in leagues which are more unknown, as the true gems which lie there are mostly the more spectacular ones.[/quote']

He is not in the wrong game at all and makes a valid point.

Top leagues should get more preference as I think they did before in SM (not 100%) sure.

Doesn't mean they will be bias to other leagues if the bigger ones are getting reviewed more or being looked at more so then others.

Top leagues should get more preference as I think they did before in SM (not 100%) sure.

Doesn't mean they will be bias to other leagues if the bigger ones are getting reviewed more or being look at more so then others.

They never were, so your assumption is wrong.

And that is why people started getting frustrated in the first place. No one could be bothered about who's improving in the lower leagues as the Ronaldo's and Messi's were the only players "worth getting".

And giving priority to the "top" leagues would just accentuate that thought even more, which is completely wrong. Most world-class players are brought up in "lower" leagues, which actually is one of the main points in this game.

If you want to manage a star packed team, this isn't the game. Hence, the reviewing system prioritising the bigger leagues is wrong.

Doesn't mean they will be bias to other leagues if the bigger ones are getting reviewed more or being looked at more so then others.

Spot on!

I never suggested abandoning smaller leagues I myself love uncovering a gem!

But let's be honest if the top say 5 or 6 leagues in the world were in constant rotation (say one league every month) that would mean the top 6 leagues would be reviews twice per year without question by one team whilst the current setup of reviews could be maintained by another team....

If that were possible that is...

A guarantee that the top 6 leagues would be reviewed twice per year would be a major draw to current and new members, of that I'm sure

• 4 weeks later...

1. Can we please add an external only option when using the search player function.

2. When searching the transfer list can an option be added to display players from managed only clubs. I'm in a custom game world where you can't buy players from un managed clubs and the transfer list is filled with players you can't even bid on.

3. Restrict the chairmens influence in regards to loaning out players. I have a first team made up of 87-89s but he won't let me loan out some 85's I have!!!

Maybe just stop him preventing loans altogether.

4. Restrict chairmans player valuations when it comes to p/e deals. For example I was trying to make a deal for a good 89 by offering an old 89 and an 85 rated 22 yr old and couldn't bid because of my chairman crazy valuations, especially the younger player.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that all transfers that are not yet finished get cancelled the moment a club changes management. But I just had a collapsed deal, because of a manager taking over an unmanaged club, and that manager left immediately after taking over.

So now I have to wait again because of the 7 days transition period. That's a bit harsh. And frustrating. That new manager was in charge for only a couple of minutes.

How about changing the rule of the 7 day transition period? That the rule only applies when the previous manager was in charge for at least 24 hours. Something like that....

• 2 weeks later...

1. Can we please add an external only option when using the search player function.

2. When searching the transfer list can an option be added to display players from managed only clubs. I'm in a custom game world where you can't buy players from un managed clubs and the transfer list is filled with players you can't even bid on.

3. Restrict the chairmens influence in regards to loaning out players. I have a first team made up of 87-89s but he won't let me loan out some 85's i have!!!

Maybe just stop him preventing loans altogether.

4. Restrict chairmans player valuations when it comes to p/e deals. For example i was trying to make a deal for a good 89 by offering an old 89 and an 85 rated 22 yr old and couldn't bid because of my chairman crazy valuations' date=' especially the younger player.[/quote']

this..... Allllll of this

Just had this appear on the news feed in a GC of mine...

Chelsea manager tom davies has decided to part company with the club after 27 games in charge..

2 hours ago

Chelsea have appointed tom davies as the clubs new manager..

3 hours ago

27 games in an hour? What's all that about??

I'll post it in minor thread, although would me a massive improvement.

Maybe after the "world cup fever" some DEVs will reconsider this:

How about improve the NT management?

I'm gonna ask you something, and I'm not sarchastic: is there anyone, (obviously between gold users) who enjoy to manage National Teams?

EVERY season the same World Cup qualification groups, with the same 82 countries randomly mixed. EVERY season the same world cup: no chance to play European Ch, or Copa America, or African Cup of nations. Don't tell me about managing U21 NT: so, no chance to get enjoyed with a small NT. No chance even to pick up a lot of small countries though (less than 50% of countries who participate to FIFA competitions are eligible here).

As GCs are now 420 and counting, I cannot define them as "the elite of this game",as you used to say. Actually, most of them are 30-40 filled: that's like a decent custom GW or even less.

So, I'm gonna asking ask you something more, and now yes I'm a bit sarchastic: Is there any reason to extend my Gold Membership? Do you understand the Road to World Cup with every NT was pretty precise and updated in FIFA 96 and I could manage anyone of 197 National teams, playing a proper match using my joypad in Playsation One. And now, in 2014, with a solid database of 73000 players, you cannot set it up for a script game?

Any comment or criticism is appreciated. Thanks

Just had this appear on the news feed in a GC of mine...

Chelsea manager tom davies has decided to part company with the club after 27 games in charge..

2 hours ago

Chelsea have appointed tom davies as the clubs new manager..

3 hours ago

27 games in an hour? What's all that about??

Could you please report that as a bug in-game?

I'll post it in minor thread' date=' although would me a massive improvement.

Maybe after the "world cup fever" some DEVs will reconsider this:

How about improve the NT management?

I'm gonna ask you something, and I'm not sarchastic: is there anyone, (obviously between gold users) who enjoy to manage National Teams?

EVERY season the same World Cup qualification groups, with the same 82 countries randomly mixed. EVERY season the same world cup: no chance to play European Ch, or Copa America, or African Cup of nations. Don't tell me about managing U21 NT: so, no chance to get enjoyed with a small NT. No chance even to pick up a lot of small countries though (less than 50% of countries who participate to FIFA competitions are eligible here).

As GCs are now 420 and counting, I cannot define them as "the elite of this game",as you used to say. Actually, most of them are 30-40 filled: that's like a decent custom GW or even less.

So, I'm gonna asking ask you something more, and now yes I'm a bit sarchastic: Is there any reason to extend my Gold Membership? Do you understand the Road to World Cup with every NT was pretty precise and updated in FIFA 96 and I could manage anyone of 197 National teams, playing a proper match using my joypad in Playsation One. And now, in 2014, with a solid database of 73000 players, you cannot set it up for a script game?

Any comment or criticism is appreciated. Thanks[/quote']

Agree. International management is vastly underused at present. There is so much more that can be done with it and you've highlighted several areas: (1) More international teams, (2) More international competitions, (3) U21 international management for the "bigger" countries and so forth. This will be introduced to the Single Player and i'm pretty certain that going forward we could do similar in the Multiplayer.