The Minor Improvments Thread

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

Don't any of you think, it's time for some new Reputation Ranks?!? The old ones have long since become obsolete, considering the reputation of the best manager(s) today (29/07/2014), exceeds the requirement for the SM Deity rank by exactly 235%. Also, I'm not so sure that a manager with 201 rep. and one with more than 400 can be put in the same category. I'm not looking for added benefits, just for the opportunity for managers to be set apart, based on their SM careers, a bit better.

(btw the search option loads up a blank page, so don't burst out if someone already suggested this)

Turn the unmanaged & external transfer bids back on! Not seen any bids in approaching two weeks & the game worlds are dead at the moment as a result. Hope this is a bug & not a change.

Same hear, dead & game is becoming boring & counter productive particularly to buy players (which is probably SM's intention!) :(

Same hear' date=' dead & game is becoming boring & counter productive particularly to buy players (which is probably SM's intention!) :([/quote']

No bids (external or unmanaged), useless random rating/position changes, no exciting players added, no noticeable improvements to the game overall. You guys are really doing a great job here, i'll give you that.

Less than 3 weeks until the beginning of the new Premier League season, even less for some of the other top European leagues.

It would be nice to think that the World Cup ratings might have been done before then, even if it's just the finalists and semi-finalists.

Robben recently went up +1, what about the Germans, SM ?

No bids (external or unmanaged)' date=' useless random rating/position changes, no exciting players added, no noticeable improvements to the game overall. You guys are really doing a great job here, i'll give you that.[/quote']

buy football manager, you can get it when it goes on sale for steam for a fiver a lot of the time.

no cheating, get any club you want, update the players /make them accurate whenever you want.

play against your friends with an actually half decent match engine that takes into account fitness and doesn't just randomly throw up a result.

i used to play SM a lot, but i gave FM a try and since i have i havn't gone back.

only so much complaining you can do, SM is a good game in its own right but if want a seriously good football game then you need to go to the game that addresses this in the market. SM won't ever match it on those levels.

buy football manager' date=' you can get it when it goes on sale for steam for a fiver a lot of the time.

no cheating, get any club you want, update the players /make them accurate whenever you want.

play against your friends with an actually half decent match engine that takes into account fitness and doesn't just randomly throw up a result.

i used to play SM a lot, but i gave FM a try and since i have i havn't gone back.

only so much complaining you can do, SM is a good game in its own right but if want a seriously good football game then you need to go to the game that addresses this in the market. SM won't ever match it on those levels.[/quote']

You have my interest & attention. Was interested in what SM would do with all the "Abilities", player attributes but losing hope again....

You have my interest & attention. Was interested in what SM would do with all the "Abilities"' date=' player attributes but losing hope again....[/quote']

replied to your PM.

incase anybody else thinks its far fetched as i said i used to play SM a lot, went onto the westgate test setup and got some ideas implemented into the game so im not some newbie who quits and slates the game.

check amazon for good FM prices or look at steam, they often have sales although not right at the moment.

i tried my best to persevere with SM, i really did and like i said even tried to offer suggestions to make it work and improve the game.

the changes didn't get made, the cheating support tickets never got addressed, flaw never fixed. sad really it could have been a great game.

it didnt happen so sadly had to give up on it.

• 2 weeks later...

i'd like to have the "youth team" section on the team lists changed to "reserve team" or something of similar meaning so i can place players in there who are over the age of 21 to make my first team squad list look neater as i'm sure most have players over the age of 21 who are either backups/rotation or only play in cup competitions

and as there isn't any specific u21 tournaments or requirements to fill to have any players who are u21 i feel that title in the team selection boxes is pretty much pointless and could be put to better use if it was a much more universal grouping about it, i mean it wouldn't take much to change it really and its not taking anything away from the game itself by doing so its only actually adding the ability for neat freaks like myself to arrange there squad lists the way they would like rather than have it messed with by having limits on where you can place players.

i'd like to have the "youth team" section on the team lists changed to "reserve team" or something of similar meaning so i can place players in there who are over the age of 21 to make my first team squad list look neater as i'm sure most have players over the age of 21 who are either backups/rotation or only play in cup competitions

and as there isn't any specific u21 tournaments or requirements to fill to have any players who are u21 i feel that title in the team selection boxes is pretty much pointless and could be put to better use if it was a much more universal grouping about it' date=' i mean it wouldn't take much to change it really and its not taking anything away from the game itself by doing so its only actually adding the ability for neat freaks like myself to arrange there squad lists the way they would like rather than have it messed with by having limits on where you can place players.[/quote']

I asked for this too before, why it's not already there I can't understand.....

Such a simple and useful thing

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if someone already said but I feel there's a need of bid minimum button on player profile page. There's no point in asking the bidding price when I'm getting the player uncontested. Not a very big feature but will surely make huge difference especially for those who manage high number of teams.

• 3 weeks later...

they made sm so random. it doesnt depend which tactics you play, if you have players 95 and other team 88. the match engine sux.!!!

its just random. i play sm from 2010 . the only reason me and my friends still play is that we have hope that with new single player update the match engine of multiplayer also.

but they have said end of summer and still no news.

• 4 weeks later...

This could, and probably is, me just being lazy, but would it be possible for a feature whereby a little pop up box appears when you hover over a word/image? I've created an image below just for the purpose of showing you what I mean.

SMPopUpSuggestionSmaller_zps2c54301a.png

Okay, now just ignore the fact that my Tottenham side are top of the league at this moment in time :D (I haven't used them as an example to show off - I swear!). As you can see in the image, the pop up box would allow for managers, in this case, to hover over 'Tottenham Hotspur' and immediately have the option to:

1. See what my name is, or at least what the name of my manager is (I know some people don't like to use their full/real name, which is fair enough)

2. Have the option to go on my profile and check out all that is on there if they wish to.

3. Send me a private message quicker than they could by clicking on the name of my team, clicking on my name on the following page and then selecting the 'send private message' option.

4. Add me as a friend. See above and replace 'send private message' with 'add as a friend'.

I realise it's not hard and time consuming to go through the pages mentioned in 3 and 4 above, but it's just a little shortcut that could come in handy for various different reasons. I wouldn't expect my picture to be used as a model for the real thing (:P) if implemented, but perhaps more like the pop up box that appears when clicking on a players name. Only this time, the pop up box would appear when hovering over the team name.

I'm not sure if others would be interested or, as I said, it's just me being lazy, but it would generally be a nice little feature to have, and one I don't think would be that hard to create (although the programmers/designers of the site will know much more than me in that field).

It's not very important, especially when you take into consideration that SM has bigger fish to fry, but there have been quite a lot of minor changes here and there, so why not. Just a suggestion :)

Or, my SM is different to everyone else and this is already a feature. I'll take the egg on my face if it is...

A suggestion for the forum party of the game, it would be nice to have a multiple check box so I could change a big batch of threads I have subscribed to in one quick swoop from instant notification by email to no email notification, I have subscribed to far too many threads(over a thousand)and to go back and change them all one by one would take far too much time so I have had to mark all the emails as junk as I get so many which means I am missing out on the threads I would like to be reminded of when a post is made in them, I am not sure what the default setting is for threads that you just post in that gives you a subscribe instead of one you actually subscribe to but I think no email notification should be the default setting for this if it is not already.

and as there isn't any specific u21 tournaments or requirements to fill to have any players who are u21 i feel that title in the team selection boxes is pretty much pointless and could be put to better use if it was a much more universal grouping about it' date=' i mean it wouldn't take much to change it really and its not taking anything away from the game itself by doing so its only actually adding the ability for neat freaks like myself to arrange there squad lists the way they would like rather than have it messed with by having limits on where you can place players.[/quote']

Totally agree, BUT SM have IGNORED this suggestion for 5years to my memory :(

• 1 month later...

I would suggest that anyone have custom gameworld that no longer in use or no longer interested to keep... a function that can sell to other manager using SM credit.

I also suggest that there is a function to filter certain manager bid for a player or team to prevent annoying repeat bidding or set a time limit for next bid.

I also suggest a "fair play" award in gameworld history by making less foul/card every season.

It would be better if bottom club have privilege to bid for free agent or new player.

• 1 month later...

The new interface. It sucks.

I cannot easily check my different clubs according to the messages I've received. Nor is it very pleasant to look at. Anyone else dislike it?

I hate it too. It's just so irritating to use and the thick black lines on the "my clubs" page look horrible.

Far too many screens to get to clubs & then view different clubs. See no reason for the permanent SM Worlds new home splash page instead of your clubs.

Also really like all headers having the club colours as before as at a glance could see what club.

Customisable headers (colour wise) would be nice! The green can get a bit daunting after a while!

Far too many screens to get to clubs & then view different clubs. See no reason for the permanent SM Worlds new home splash page instead of your clubs.

Also really like all headers having the club colours as before as at a glance could see what club.

This is what is annoying me.

Sometimes you only have time to view clubs that have new messages. And now they have made it longer to view your clubs. So I have to try and memorise which clubs have new messages as I'm a gold manager and manage 14 clubs!

Please change it back!

This is what is annoying me.

Sometimes you only have time to view clubs that have new messages. And now they have made it longer to view your clubs. So I have to try and memorise which clubs have new messages as I'm a gold manager and manage 14 clubs!

Please change it back!

Only way to deal with this is as I have done, I'm down to 4 now & probably will keep reducing until I have none (Unless SM change their ways on a lot of aggrevating issues) (Player Ratings, Match Engine, 5shots on target & you concede 5goals etc etc) (SM are annoying nowadays instead of entertainining, so why keep 14 teams:confused:)