The Minor Improvments Thread

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned and if it has I'd like to endorse it.

A filter should be added to the Player Transfer Search removing all players in managed teams' date=' leaving just available [b']external[/b] players.

Would be such an asset to new managers in an SM Game World.

1a61b082-74aa-4a58-ba39-e6658682e4e3_zpsyavzevi51_zps7rnr0dcx.png

This would take literally 30seconds to set up and save so much heartache for so many...

Such a good simple idea, that makes TOTAL SENCE

Which is why you can forget about it...

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

Actually... Whilst on this thread.....

Why is it ONLY clubs from within your GW will make loan offers?

Clubs from all over the globe should make loan offers for your players, if it's got to do with hoarding etc, your still paying 50% wages so it's being regulated well as is..

It's pointless having 20-30 players sitting in your squad with nobody taking them on loan......

Actually... Whilst on this thread.....

Why is it ONLY clubs from within your GW will make loan offers?

Clubs from all over the globe should make loan offers for your players' date=' if it's got to do with hoarding etc, your still paying 50% wages so it's being regulated well as is..

It's pointless having 20-30 players sitting in your squad with nobody taking them on loan......[/quote']

External clubs loaning your players? Makes good sense, at least they wouldn't score the winner in a cup final against you. But they might have concerns on being loaned out and totally not having to play a single game.

Well in the few competitive gw that I am in, I rarely have 20-30 players waiting to go on loan. Most of them are there for depth. Nice idea, but there are far more pressing issues to be resolved.

External clubs loaning your players? Makes good sense' date=' at least they wouldn't score the winner in a cup final against you. But they might have concerns on being loaned out and totally not having to play a single game.

Well in the few competitive gw that I am in, I rarely have 20-30 players waiting to go on loan. Most of them are there for depth. Nice idea, but there are far more pressing issues to be resolved.[/quote']

Agree with you 100% on the last part!

Loan offers would just be a minor gripe I have, as you said there are more pressing issues.....

Any idea why the powers that be don't implement some of the suggested changes?

The filter for external only is such an obvious one.....

This is what i want changed

the chat system is pathetic , why can i only talk to people when they are viewing clubs who are in the same game world as me.

e.g two managers , i want to deal in c100 but he's viewing gc 33 and I'm not in there so my message won't appear on the chat unless we view the same one.

whats the point of this

Player concerns just get rid off , the entire point of sm for me was squad building and not playing for actual realism. Stick that for the solo game.

debt needs to be sorted out , I'm in the CL and my stadium isn't increasing and I'm just losing money and theres not enough players to sell. I'm 40m in debt and i don't see the benefit of selling top players you work hard to get just to sell them because sm doesn't allow your club to grow when they have been in the CL for seasons.

change back to the original player rating updates when it was all done league by league.

don't know where really to post this but in gc 100 aston villa manager left on the 12th. it was my old side so i wanted it back.

On the 13th the team while unmanaged bought three players and then one everyday till the 16th. it must be a glitch as teams when unmanaged in the first 7 days can't deal with anyone. Il be honest with you , the system you have at the moment is pathetic.

A world class team when unmanaged ends up spending so much money on useless players and sells all their stars for min fee to original players team. its such a stupid idea in gold championships. please get rid of it or have a prolonged time where this doesn't happen so people take a team.

one reason gc are dying is because of this , good teams get wrecked and the amount of people in a game world just gets smaller because no one wants an aston villa with their original players when neymar was there a few days earlier but left because of this dumb rule

don't know where really to post this but in gc 100 aston villa manager left on the 12th. it was my old side so i wanted it back.

On the 13th the team while unmanaged bought three players and then one everyday till the 16th. it must be a glitch as teams when unmanaged in the first 7 days can't deal with anyone. Il be honest with you ' date=' the system you have at the moment is pathetic.

[/quote']

This happens alot in my gws don't think its a glitch. They buy players from that club in real life but no sales for 7 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to make a suggestion. On match days, when results are in and I click on a certain team, it comes up with a new club record has been set.

Sometimes more than once. This is rather irritating as it, more than likely means you know the result before you have the chance to watch it on the score centre, If that could be erased it would be good. It's not needed anyway, as you can view your records in the history page.

I hope my suggestion is actually heeded this time.

Yours most not sincerely

Fern,

XX

I would like to make a suggestion. On match days' date=' when results are in and I click on a certain team, it comes up with a new club record has been set.

Sometimes more than once. This is rather irritating as it, more than likely means you know the result before you have the chance to watch it on the score centre, If that could be erased it would be good. It's not needed anyway, as you can view your records in the history page.

I hope my suggestion is actually heeded this time.

Yours most not sincerely

Fern,

XX[/quote']

Lucky you!

More often than not when I get it I'm after getting hammered!!!

Well' date=' it's not always good. I had one for the highest number of goals in a game, a game that I lost. I'd still rather not have it.[/quote']

Well at least a record home crowd watched a rather entertaining match, but was disappointed with the result where both goalkeepers let in almost every shot on target. :grins:

• 3 months later...

The introduction of player agents into the game world to help combat player hogging ! For example the first thing an agent would do is advise his client not to sign a new contract if he has even one concern, making the player a free agent at the end of the season with the selling club not getting any money from his departure, forcing the club to sell before the contact runs out, this would go a long way to stop player hogging.

• 1 month later...

The new-look SM is a bit different! I haven't explored it much yet but there are several things that I really don't like about it.

On the tactics screen it is not possible to order the players by position, condition or form. This makes choosing the team very awkward. The screen itself is also very 'busy' with lots of different colours, boxes and sections. It is not a pleasant screen to interact with.

The background colours of the game are also very dark - what's wrong with a nice, sunny daytime view of a football pitch?

My Sheff Utd team has now won 7 games in a row, setting a new record - the news feed tells me that before I even get a chance to watch the game so I don't even bother.

Also, when the home screen for my club opens up the three most prominent links are to the last fixture, the next fixture and the gameworld club list - why? These are probably the three most unused links in the whole game!

I haven't even checked out the transfer market yet but the playability is waaaaay down on the existing version.

Sorry to be so negative, I'm a big fan of SM but I really don't like the poptart and bubblegum look of the new version at all.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Give retired players the rest of the season to play out, this would really help small clubs like mine I recently signed Drogba and Vidic costing about £1 million and lost Drogba before he even played a game! and now looking like I will lose Vidic. A million pounds is a lot for a team in the 3rd Division!

Edit - Vidic gone, another finanacial loss that is hard for a struggling team.

In the background it would be better if we could customize it or to choose between some presets.

because for me the previous background with white font, green tabs and white texts in green tabs, black/blue texts in white font was good and not tiring for my eyes. for someone else maybe the new is better or another combination could be better. if it's possible i think this would help the most of us.

• 4 months later...

I think there needs to be a complete overhaul of the international squad competitions. It is meaningless and boring in the current setup. People barely play and hardly take any of it seriously. In Gold GWs, only a handful of national squads are taken after the second season.

A few suggestions:

- Have a World Cup every four GW seasons.

- Hold a regional competition (Euros, Copa America, Gold Cup, ACON) every four GW seasons in between World Cups. 

- Make qualifying matches more realistic by limiting them to only a few dates throughout the season.

- Have a structure where managers get more ranking points by taking smaller nations into tournaments and doing well.

I think these would be a good start in reinvigorating the international squad system.

• 3 weeks later...