Richarddi

The Minor Improvments Thread

One very simple suggestion but i am sure will keep multiple players in this game, Can we not get switched to the new interface every single time we login, it is tacky and really hard to use. It is extremely annoying to constantly revert back to the old interace every single time one logs in. 

Like the member above said, please stop those annoying pop up for asking to switch to new interface...
The reason for that is the new interface is rubbish, except more colourful...
The "player not for sales" tag is removed and why? I am so annoyed by tonnes of request for my few talent players.
Please have the "ban" setting for banning some idoit managers keep making stupid request(sssss) for my players.
Or once the bid rejected, need to wait for let say 4 turns to make another bid.

More clubs and players history statistic shown and keep the player in engine even he retired.

Anyone know where the MAJOR improvments thread is because SM needs one...

Jesus just when you think they can't make any bigger mistakes by removing chat from mobile (basically the game is now an online sim as opposed to a multi player real time experience it was with chat) they have only gone and changed this forum making it impossible to find anything...

SM seem very much hell bent on destroying the product for some reason? 

5 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

Anyone know where the MAJOR improvments thread is because SM needs one...

Jesus just when you think they can't make any bigger mistakes by removing chat from mobile (basically the game is now an online sim as opposed to a multi player real time experience it was with chat) they have only gone and changed this forum making it impossible to find anything...

SM seem very much hell bent on destroying the product for some reason? 

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up.

Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either.

It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media related to SM, for years now.

All I got to ask, and this is rhetorical SM, is can y'all see that? Do y'all like the negativity?

Ridiculous.

JUST when we get a glimmer of hope..... they changed the mobile layout today and what looks to be a CHAT ICON! REJOICE!!!!!!! in the top right hand corner, turns out to be nothing more than another gateway to show members yet ANOTHER part of the game they have managed to mangle lately....

Endless, mindless stupidity from  SM. FFS now the mobile home screen  (hint is this lads, mobile screens should not be cluttered with tiny useless icons. It should be user friendly) is destroyed with various links to filters and PM and friends list blah blah blah..... all the things that NOBODY ASKED FOR. 

WAKE UP

On 24/08/2016 at 7:53 PM, tupac_healy said:

JUST when we get a glimmer of hope..... they changed the mobile layout today and what looks to be a CHAT ICON! REJOICE!!!!!!! in the top right hand corner, turns out to be nothing more than another gateway to show members yet ANOTHER part of the game they have managed to mangle lately....

Endless, mindless stupidity from  SM. FFS now the mobile home screen  (hint is this lads, mobile screens should not be cluttered with tiny useless icons. It should be user friendly) is destroyed with various links to filters and PM and friends list blah blah blah..... all the things that NOBODY ASKED FOR. 

WAKE UP

we should be able to swipe through the screens instead of pressing a button

In "SQUAD" interface, sorting players by appearances, by average rating, by goals, by assists etc tends to fail almost all the time and players are listed randomly when I wan't to display them in order for better overview of my squad.

Why does the app feel so restrictive? I feel like it is missing loads of functionality. 

1. How do you filter the transfer list by things like club, cost etc?

2. On the tactics screen I think you really need to see the formation alongside the squad.

3. Options missing on tactic screen such as scout opposition, few last fixtures of both teams.

4. Notifications need to be made more obvious such as player bids etc, its quite easy to miss things in the inbox. 

Minor improvement would be to put the stats in proper order. 

For example when you look at the performance stats such as appearances goals etc on any squad page, and you put them in ‘order’ from most to least, it goes say

etc

pet hate, but no of course it would make it much better to look at

id like more things you can do with money eg stadium upgrades helping small clubs to build and compete with the bigger ones it would also give reason for managers of the dominant clubs to sell rather than part exchange players and maybe an option in the custom worlds set up options to limit squad sizes to between 40 and the default which iv read is colossal number of players this would make leagues more competitive.

4 hours ago, GrahamRawlings said:

id like more things you can do with money eg stadium upgrades helping small clubs to build and compete with the bigger ones it would also give reason for managers of the dominant clubs to sell rather than part exchange players and maybe an option in the custom worlds set up options to limit squad sizes to between 40 and the default which iv read is colossal number of players this would make leagues more competitive.

Stadiums are upgraded based on success. I have a 36K stadia for Forest Green Rovers. Takes years of effort.

Squad caps are pointless. Let managers sign as many players as they want - limit is 255.... HOWEVER should they do that...

What i want to see is faster concerns, more player power in transfers - IE they decide who to sign for based on opportunity of game time, if your going to be 17th choice CF they should reject a move - stops clubs hoarding players, and distribute players amongst lower teams that could utilise them more. 

Concerns ramped up for players at clubs miles down the pecking order. Either play, or leave. 

Also clubs run financially sound and within their means. Any debt should be punished by chairman stepping in and selling players off to balance the books, either top stars to reduce wage bill, or fringe players not playing. This would be within a time frame and debt amount. Again, would stop hoarding of players that dont play.

All these would stimulate transfer markets and force managers to be proactive rather than hoard players.

On 22.12.2017 at 6:20 AM, -JMH- said:

Stadiums are upgraded based on success. I have a 36K stadia for Forest Green Rovers. Takes years of effort.

Squad caps are pointless. Let managers sign as many players as they want - limit is 255.... HOWEVER should they do that...

What i want to see is faster concerns, more player power in transfers - IE they decide who to sign for based on opportunity of game time, if your going to be 17th choice CF they should reject a move - stops clubs hoarding players, and distribute players amongst lower teams that could utilise them more. 

Concerns ramped up for players at clubs miles down the pecking order. Either play, or leave. 

Also clubs run financially sound and within their means. Any debt should be punished by chairman stepping in and selling players off to balance the books, either top stars to reduce wage bill, or fringe players not playing. This would be within a time frame and debt amount. Again, would stop hoarding of players that dont play.

All these would stimulate transfer markets and force managers to be proactive rather than hoard players.

I would also add concerns for players who spend eternity on the transfer list too.

The ability to select a default captain, penalty taker and corner taker would be great, every time I move my skipper's position on the field I have to re-select him as captain and do the same with all the in game changes, this should be easy to do so then when and wherever he plays (even if he comes of the bench) he will be captain etc.

Sorry if this has been suggested before.

On 12/22/2017 at 3:20 AM, -JMH- said:

I was just about to create a new thread on possible improvements on SM to make the game better, then I found your post!

You're suggestions are on point and SM must make an effort to save the game. There are many setups that are losing managers because of this. Some setups sadly have just 10-12 managers out of a possible 80!

1) As @-JMH- said, players should develop concerns when put on the transfer list for long. How about managers who put players on the transfer list, and NEVER respond to offers? It gets frustrating. SM should allow players to be on the transfer list for just 14 days, after which their transfer status is returned to "available". This was the list is updated periodically making managers interested in checking it out from time to time.

2) Chairman stepping in to sell some players when club's balance goes negative - especially when revenue will never exceed expenses. 

3) Goalkeeper's injuries. Why is this not taking place? GKs do get injured in the real game, from collisions with players and SM should incorporate it in the game too to make it more interesting. 

4) Player power.
a) Players rejecting transfer deals because they're going to be the 7th best CB in the team.
b) Or the 5th best CB in the team automatically gets a concern called "player thinks he has no chance in this team". You either play him and bench the 4 ahead of him, or sell him. 
c) Players scoring most of your goals, or having the best performances ask for a wage increase.

5) Squad caps.
The introduction of player concerns prevents clubs from hoarding a lot of 90+ rated players. But what about the 80-88 youth players who are unaffected by concern levels especially when you have a good team of players ahead of them? Same way squads cannot drop below 21 players in a setup, there should be a limit for how high it can go. This is necessary because some clubs in the game get lots of revenue during the game to balance the books and even make more more to add to their balance from attendances. They can afford to hoard 200 + players easily without getting affected. Squad caps will target such clubs and prevent them from signing more players - unless they sell some of their players.

There are more and more we can add to improve the game. SM has come a long way to make the game as it is now. The point is to keep improving to attract/maintain a lot of loyal managers to the game.

The iOS app is awful! Hasn't been updated for 2 years now! They have abandoned it. A few times I have reported that notifications no longer work on the iOS app, every time they say 'We are aware of this problem and are currently working on it, but thanks for bringing it to our attention again.' Which clearly means thanks, but we don't care. Its a disgrace that the app hasn't been updated in so long, compare that to the Soccer Manager 2019 app, which gets updates all the time.