The Minor Improvments Thread

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

Before every single match? In every single set-up? I don't think so.

Would be much' date=' much easier to have a little yellow card icon next to the players name on the squad list and on the tactics screen.[/quote']

well for me i manage 2 teams so yeah........

but ok i see your point for people who manage more teams :)

anyway can't do any harm and only help so something similar to the unhappy notice on tactics but for a 1 away from suspension could be useful :)

Hows about a direct link to the Club Shortlist in the left-hand menu, rather than having to go via 'Club Transfers'

And (its been mentioned before) maybe if you hover over the 'Inj' player status, instead of the caption reading 'injured' maybe the injury and duration can be shown.

And, on a similar note to the above, can the 'Inj' indicator override the 'Unh' indicator, as I failed to notice Simon Davies injury due to his Unhappy status.

And' date=' on a similar note to the above, can the 'Inj' indicator override the 'Unh' indicator, as I failed to notice Simon Davies injury due to his Unhappy status.

that is definately a more important improvement !

im all for that i thought it would be common sense to have injuries take priority :)

This idea is a minor but the improvement would be a huge one! (apologies for cross-posting elsewhere but I figured it would get more support here)

How about this for an idea to reduce cheating?

Any club where cheating has just recently occured automatically increases the reputation needed for a manager to be able to take over the club.

What the new reputation should be/how much much it increases can be open to debate, but hey presto!, you automatically prevent people with brand new accounts from returning to cause trouble at a problem club.

Sure, you still have the problem of 'dormant accounts' that cheats have sat on for a while to build up their reps, and it is a bit of an inconvenience to genuine new managers (but it wouldn't stop them from playing, just taking teams with previous cheats), but you eliminate the majority of cheating in one fell swoop.

Modifications to this idea could include further elevations of the reputation required if persistent cheating is seen at a club, extending the reputation increase to an entire league in the case of widespread cheating amongst clubs, setting a time-limit on how long the rep increase stays at a club (in case no higher rated managers want the club), or adding permenant requirements to a team or league again if cheating has been constantly reoccuring. The reps could be lowered again when a team/league is cheat free for a certain period of time.

Usually I'm quite modest but in this case I think this suggestion is brilliant. I am so sick of cheaters messing with the teams and leagues I love and think this approach is an excellent way of reducing much of this activity and helping to clean up SM.

I welcome your thoughts and feedback

@jooles.

this would discriminate against new managers though' date=' in new setups where cheating has occured new managers would be annoyed if they couldn't take over the club.

i think the only way to not discriminate against members but sitll sort things out is the old support ticket system :/[/quote']

Agreed, but it would only do so in the 'cheating set-ups'. There would still be many teams in many set-ups that these managers could take.

Also, you're overlooking the point that it is in the interest of these managers also to reduce cheating, so really it's a small price to pay for them to have a cheat-free league.

If these new managers are genuine then after a few weeks when their rep rises they could still join the set-up of their choice. What's a few weeks in the interest of stamping out this problem?

Agreed' date=' but it would only do so in the 'cheating set-ups'. There would still be many teams in many set-ups that these managers could take.

Also, you're overlooking the point that it is in the interest of these managers also to reduce cheating, so really it's a small price to pay for them to have a cheat-free league.

If these new managers are genuine then after a few weeks when their rep rises they could still join the set-up of their choice. What's a few weeks in the interest of stamping out this problem?[/quote']

i recently joined one of the lastest WC'S out there. this means obviously it would be very attractive for new managers as it is the first thing they go too.

however, 3 managers i got removed from that setup. i agree cheating should be stampde out but IP bans are better.

ok not perfect but my ip never changes as im sure is the case for a lot of other people. form accounts can be banned and checked by IP too. it may not eliminate cheating but seeing as it can only help and would take away a fair few cheats i imagine why not do that ? that way nobody, not even new managers loose out and there is no downside to it.

i recently joined one of the lastest WC'S out there. this means obviously it would be very attractive for new managers as it is the first thing they go too.

however' date=' 3 managers i got removed from that setup. i agree cheating should be stampde out but IP bans are better.

ok not perfect but my ip never changes as im sure is the case for a lot of other people. form accounts can be banned and checked by IP too. it may not eliminate cheating but seeing as it can only help and would take away a fair few cheats i imagine why not do that ? that way nobody, not even new managers loose out and there is no downside to it.[/quote']

I disagree with the IP ban for many of the reasons listed in this thread:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=68837

Many players use school or shared computers and such, so you'd potentially discriminate against many managers for the actions of one.

And like people say, it's too easy to change an IP so this soultion would be effectively meaningless.

At least my idea protects a club/league for a period of time. Shouldn't managers who have invested time and effort in a league deserve that protection?

however' date=' 3 managers i got removed from that setup. i agree cheating should be stampde out but IP bans are better.

ok not perfect but my ip never changes as im sure is the case for a lot of other people. form accounts can be banned and checked by IP too. it may not eliminate cheating but seeing as it can only help and would take away a fair few cheats i imagine why not do that ? that way nobody, not even new managers loose out and there is no downside to it.[/quote']

What if 2 people use the same computer, EG 2 brothers?? If one was caught cheating and the IP banned them both from playing, that manager would loose out. To me, that is a downside :P

Something that would be helpful is getting the All Transfers page sorted out so when you list in value order it actually does that and not some weird idea of having bids that start with a 1 first then 2 and so on, very confusing. Also being able to sort the Club To/From collum would be handy in seing what players everyone has bought.

Building on from my idea, post #55:

How about this for an idea to reduce cheating?

Any club where cheating has just recently occured automatically increases the reputation needed for a manager to be able to take over the club.

And rooneyisyummy's response:

@jooles.

this would discriminate against new managers though' date=' in new setups where cheating has occured new managers would be annoyed if they couldn't take over the club.

i think the only way to not discriminate against members but sitll sort things out is the old support ticket system :/[/quote']

One compromise could be that instead of stopping managers of new/low reps from taking over a club of a previous a cheat that these managers could still join if they absolutely wanted too, but they have to pay for the priviledge, say £1.

This way you're not stopping anyone from joining any available club, just reducing the chances of cheating at a certain club as it would be unlikely that cheats would pay the £1.

I think it would be a fair price to pay for new managers if they absolutely must have a certain club, but really with so many clubs out there they'd still be spoilt for choice and we reduce cheating in the process.

Building on from my idea' date=' post #55:

And rooneyisyummy's response:

One compromise could be that instead of stopping managers of new/low reps from taking over a club of a previous a cheat that these managers could still join if they absolutely wanted too, but they have to pay for the privilidge, say £1.

This way you're not stopping anyone from joining any available club, just reducing the chances of cheating at a certain club as it would be unlikely that cheats would pay the £1.

I think it would be a fair price to pay for new managers if they absolutely must have a certain club, but really with so many clubs out there they'd still be spoilt for choice and we reduce cheating in the process.[/quote']

You being serious?? So just because someone hasnt being playing the game as long as another person, they have to pay to get the team?? The motto for this game is The World's Best FREE Online Soccer Manager Game. Now I know people pay to reserve clubs and gold membership, but if someone doesnt want to, or maybe cant, pay they arent allowed a club becuase someone else before cheated?? Think thats not really fair no be honest

You being serious?? So just because someone hasnt being playing the game as long as another person' date=' they have to pay to get the team?? The motto for this game is The World's Best FREE Online Soccer Manager Game. Now I know people pay to reserve clubs and gold membership, but if someone doesnt want to, or maybe cant, pay they arent allowed a club becuase someone else before cheated?? Think thats not really fair no be honest[/quote']

No, what I'm trying to do is suggest a compromise so that as rooneyisyummy says that newbies aren't too discriminated against, while (and this is the key point here) coming up with a mechanism that reudces cheating in SM.

What alternative mechanism would you suggest? Remember, this is only for teams that have just recently had a cheat in charge, the teams that seem to get repeat cheats joining as newbies.

Personally I would say that it would be best to just increase the rep needed at that team for a certain time, but as rooneyisyummy points out, this would completely prevent a newbie taking over the club of their dreams.

This idea was just a suggestion to overcome this problem. You have an different idea? Or should we just put up with the cheating?

i think the current method of support tickets and just banning accounts if they do crop up is the only way to go against cheating without completely ridiculous downsides to it. ip bans, changes for taking over clubs. none of them are feasible. support tickets are the best solution as of yet.

Something that would be helpful is getting the All Transfers page sorted out so when you list in value order it actually does that and not some weird idea of having bids that start with a 1 first then 2 and so on' date=' very confusing. Also being able to sort the Club To/From collum would be handy in seing what players everyone has bought.[/quote']

i agree, rating , value/amount and definately clubs to / from would be a massive help. great idea

i think the current method of support tickets and just banning accounts if they do crop up is the only way to go against cheating without completely ridiculous downsides to it. ip bans' date=' changes for taking over clubs. none of them are feasible. support tickets are the best solution as of yet.[/quote']

Perhaps you are right. :)

I just get so tired of having to repeatedly track the cheating and report it to the SM time after time when it is so obvious that the cheats are returning to the same clubs in the same league and doing the same kind of activities that the previous cheat did. :(

There's been close to 15 managers removed for cheating in one of my gameworlds in the last 5 months. You've got to admit that that's bloody annoying! :mad:

Perhaps you are right. :)

I just get so tired of having to repeatedly track the cheating and report it to the SM time after time when it is so obvious that the cheats are returning to the same clubs in the same league and doing the same kind of activities that the previous cheat did. :(

There's been close to 15 managers removed for cheating in one of my gameworlds in the last 5 months. You've got to admit that that's bloody annoying! :mad:

i understand your frustration but it is still the best way.

if you really want to get rid of cheats make a custom setup and invite only people you know / on the forum. that way no possible cheating and probably managers who will stick with their teams :)

but that does cost a fair bit of money though......

Currently on the main calender you can filter out certain things you don't want to see. What about on the mini calender? I don't like having to see things like the World Cup because I'm not an international manager.

agreed, smfa compeitions, world cup and anything i cant compete in i want to get it off the schedule, it just clutters things

Dont know if this has been already mentioned but why have SM removed the feature where we can see if another manager is online? IMO it is very helpful to have this, so that we know when to make an offer or PM someone and expect to get an answer.

I would really like to see this back in the game :rolleyes:

Dont know if this has been already mentioned but why have SM removed the feature where we can see if another manager is online? IMO it is very helpful to have this' date=' so that we know when to make an offer or PM someone and expect to get an answer.

I would really like to see this back in the game :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yeah, I agree, bring that back. When issuing friendlies I deliberately offer them to those who are online.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread for the impovement I would like to be added.

It is about Soccer manager times (aka newspaper).

In my opinion something similar to PM should be added.

Something that indicates there are some new posts there.

It is the only way to announce sth to whole setup, very quick and simple.

But all managers should be informed that there are new posts.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread for the impovement I would like to be added.

It is about Soccer manager times (aka newspaper).

In my opinion something similar to PM should be added.

Something that indicates there are some new posts there.

It is the only way to announce sth to whole setup' date=' very quick and simple.

But all managers should be informed that there are new posts.[/quote']

seriously, only competitve setup use news...

i only seen 2 gws that has used newspaper frequently

it seems people only do 2 things: garage sale and shouting

I have a few ideas:

When a P/E is accepted, it'd be nice if on the "all transfers" page and on the players' profiles, the value of the deal, in cash, is displayed. It isn't particularly important but still.

If a manager puts a player from your team onto their shortist and you want to offer that player out to the team, currently you can only offer a cash deal but you should be able to offer a P/E deal, like you can normally.

Finally, I noticed something yesterday in GC 129. I offered Jon Dahl Tomasson, Sekou Cisse and £2million for Alvaro Negredo of Sevilla (a poor deal, I'll admit) and he countered Leroy Fer and Giorginio Wijnaldum for the same player but I then noticed that that I had set the latter as "unavailable to transfer". So what I'm saying is that in a counter offer, a player set as unavailable to transfer shouldn't be allowed to be bidded on.