The Minor Improvments Thread

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

Dunno if this has been said before but clubs in divisions like the championship and other leagues that have player ratings caps should be allowed one maybe two exceptions. For example middlesborough have just signed kris boyd rated 89' date=' with the ratings cap in place he would be forced to drop to an extremely harsh 85 if still in the championship when the rating change takes place. However, if he scores 20-25+ goals in the championship this season will he still drop as dramatically? They should be allowed a player above the cap so they have a full squad 85- and maybe 1-2 players allowed to be rated upto 90. Teams will not have to have players rated more than 85 but if it is clear they are too good for the league. Somewhat like the salary cap used in the A-League in australia where everyone is allowed upto a certain amount apart from a couple of marquee players in each team, a perfect example being robbie fowler.[/quote']

Boyd won't automatically drop to 85. If he plays well, scores goals and Middlesbrough are up near the top of the division, then he probably won't go below 87 this season. Just look at how Coloccini and Gutierrez kept their 88-ratings last season.

If a player has recent experience at a higher level, then SM will take that into account when adjusting a player's rating.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I'd like changed is the automatic renewal of a player's contract when it expires. I think it should be removed altogether because if you have an inactive manager, it punishes them for not looking after their team. I'm not sure if the notification message was removed but if it was then it should come back. The only exception should be to those on holiday mode at the end of a season.

• 2 weeks later...

Injury times should be in SM gameworld weeks not actual weeks, my league season is only 14 games, so if i lose a player for a small 3-4 week injury he's out for half a season :mad:

Also i think i've seen it before but there should really be assist markers on the match report?

Here's an idea that I believe many would find useful:

The ability to make multi-player partial exchange trade with other managers.

What this means is that both teams should be allowed to trade 2 players and/or cash.

For example:

Barcelona trades

Valdes+Villa

to REAL MADRID for

Casillas+Benzema.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an idea that I believe many would find useful:

The ability to make multi-player partial exchange trade with other managers.

What this means is that both teams should be allowed to trade 2 players and/or cash.

For example:

Barcelona trades

Valdes+Villa

to REAL MADRID for

Casillas+Benzema.

I think it also could be available when trading with external clubs.

With the announcement of the new introduction of 16 day gaps between seasons, and play-off contenders,and cup finalists having to play these END of season fixtures within this PRE-season gap, I think it is time for SM to wipe all injuries from clubs at the start of a new season.

The reason being that if you play your play-off matches or finals,and sustain a 2 or 3 month injury to a player, he will be unavailable for a large part of your new season, even though the gap between playing your play off,or final,and the start of a new season in RL is probably around 3 months, NOT 2 weeks .

So, a gap of 3 months should be assumed by SM to have taken place between the end of one season ,and the start of another. Giving more than enough time for the worst SM injuries to have healed .

Please sort it out SM,the condensed fixture rate,and the supposed realistic injury periods do NOT match up . :mad:

With the announcement of the new introduction of 16 day gaps between seasons' date=' and play-off contenders,and cup finalists having to play these END of season fixtures within this PRE-season gap, I think it is time for SM to wipe all injuries from clubs at the start of a new season.

The reason being that if you play your play-off matches or finals,and sustain a 2 or 3 month injury to a player, he will be unavailable for a large part of your new season, even though the gap between playing your play off,or final,and the start of a new season in RL is probably around 3 months, NOT 2 weeks .

So, a gap of 3 months should be assumed by SM to have taken place between the end of one season ,and the start of another. Giving more than enough time for the worst SM injuries to have healed .

Please sort it out SM,the condensed fixture rate,and the supposed realistic injury periods do NOT match up . :mad:[/quote']

I don't really agree because hypothetically you can break a leg in April/May and be out for all of pre-season and miss out on the start of next season.

With regards to the injury periods the only thing that needs changing is a week should be classified as a turn in SM and not an actual real life week.

An idea that would benefit me and probably many other people is for scouting risers. Basically take the recent update of FOUR leagues in one go,that's a hell of a lot of players and I had around 50+ potentially good players and of course some are gems whilst others have less priority but are none the less important but don't need to be bought straight away. My idea would be to add a ranking system to each player on the shortlist with say a 1-5 ranking where 5 is high priority going down to less priority as 1. I'm not sure how it works with installing that stuff but I suppose it would just be an extra collum next to the Remove tick box one.

When you click "view last match report" there should be an option to see yours and your opponents match report in that competition.

for example I have different tactics for playing in SMFA competitions and leagues and it would be helpful to me to have easy access to my last match report in the league when playing in the league (not my last SMFA game because the tactics for that are irrelevant)...the same also applies to viewing my opponents last match...

With the announcement of the new introduction of 16 day gaps between seasons' date=' and play-off contenders,and cup finalists having to play these END of season fixtures within this PRE-season gap, I think it is time for SM to wipe all injuries from clubs at the start of a new season.

Please sort it out SM,the condensed fixture rate,and the supposed realistic injury periods do NOT match up . :mad:[/quote']

whilst on injuries, stop making suck stupid injuries up like "sprained thumb, out for 5weeks" or something equally as daft...

also for play-offs I dont think player condition should come into it, and as its a test of how good a manager is in a one-off game-how about loosing injuries & suspensions altogether for the play-offs?

whilst on injuries' date=' stop making suck stupid injuries up like "sprained thumb, out for 5weeks" or something equally as daft...

also for play-offs I dont think player condition should come into it, and as its a test of how good a manager is in a one-off game-how about loosing injuries & suspensions altogether for the play-offs?[/quote']

i think injurues do occur for play offs as in real life, so they are kept.

also the injury length and frequencies are ok just the names, 6 weeks for a broken nose for my fabregas is a joke. 6 weeks fine but broken nose ? stupid.

anyway this matter HAS been brought up before use search tool it is getting repititve :(

• 3 weeks later...

Would like any transfers from my club to only occur AFTER my club has played it's evenings match.

At the moment, transfers are completing about 20 mins before a match starts. Tonight 2 defenders were transferred from my club just before kick off from a new team that only had 6 defenders, totally ruining my tactics,and fitness sub swaps. Ended up with 2 CM AMs playing in Def, both had 3 ratings . Still won 2-0 in cup, but it makes a mockery of trying to recover fitness levels,and planning tactics for a game .

Would like any transfers from my club to only occur AFTER my club has played it's evenings match.

At the moment' date=' transfers are completing about 20 mins before a match starts. Tonight 2 defenders were transferred from my club just before kick off from a new team that only had 6 defenders, totally ruining my tactics,and fitness sub swaps. Ended up with 2 CM AMs playing in Def, both had 3 ratings . Still won 2-0 in cup, but it makes a mockery of trying to recover fitness levels,and planning tactics for a game .[/quote']

just do what i do. accept a bid out = assume the player will leave and not be able to play.

simple enough.

Not possible in this case. It is a team I have only just taken over, they only had maybe 19 players, with 6 defenders, and terrible fitness maybe 52% average.

I had another match 2 days later,and needed to swap players as subs to improve fitness levels match by match. This I was doing for maybe 4 matches,and then bang 2 defenders gone just before a match, and crazy substitutions followed.

Just seems unnecessary to me to allow players to leave 20 mins before a game begins,as not everybody has the squad numbers to leave players out that are in the process of being sold.

I needed to accept the bids as the bids were old,and at previous high transfer values before I had brought in better players ( who also had terrible fitness when bought ).

It would cause less trouble if they simply updated when the teams result is processed.

I know sometimes a new player brought in 20 mins before a game is a good thing,but if you play them straight away they seem to either become injured or sent off .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could we get a 'competitions' filter on the schedule? So you could only see your 'Division x' schedule and results, 'World Champ Cup' schedule and results, and so on.

This would make it easier to seperately see our recent form in the league, cups, etc. Not to mention stopping SMFA competitions results from making things confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

i think on the page of player database changes where it says next leagues to be reviewed there should be a calendar or something showing when a country will be done so you can see next time premier league will be done is 21st of march or somthing

the thing is they dont have a schedule