The Minor Improvments Thread

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

Anyone else wish that SM would introduce a manager head-to-head feature that displays the managers' match-up across all gameworlds? Basically an extension of the match preview but to include the managers' meetings across all of SM.

I think that are good idea, can bring match rivalry deep more before :)

• 2 weeks later...

When I put a player on the transfer list, I type in the amount but sometimes forget to select the option I want. It could automatically select the "transfer list" option if an amount is added and entered, before I confirm it.

I know this sounds trivial, but I do make this mistake a lot.

came across this scenario recently and i cant see a way around it!

an unmanaged club in my gw in the lower leagues has a player i want.

unfotunatly their squad size means they cant sell him as they would fall below the limit, thats coupled with the fact a player plus cash deal is prohibited in the gw.

its a lost cause as there is no way around this unless someone takes over management and buys some players.

an improvement here is needed surely as id say this isnt the first time this has croped up

How about' date=' when you buy a new player and he is 21 or under, it automatically puts him in the youth squad rather than the senior. I seem to spend a lot of time moving new recruits down. It's not often I get hold of an under 21 year old who makes the first team.[/quote']

do it yourself. people would spend equal amounts of time moving them out of their youth squads.

When I put a player on the transfer list' date=' I type in the amount but sometimes forget to select the option I want. It could automatically select the "transfer list" option if an amount is added and entered, before I confirm it.

I know this sounds trivial, but I do make this mistake a lot.[/quote']

you make this mistake a lot, stop making the mistake.

seriously, you want SM to go to all the effort to introduce a new piece of programing because you can't click. wow.

also i often loan list people more than transfer list. seriously think before you post.

unfotunatly their squad size means they cant sell him as they would fall below the limit' date=' thats coupled with the fact a player plus cash deal is prohibited in the gw.

its a lost cause as there is no way around this unless someone takes over management and buys some players.

an improvement here is needed surely as id say this isnt the first time this has croped up[/quote']

the whole point of that game world is to prevent easy purchases of good players so transfers remain compeititive.

if you don't like that kind of game, leave the setup. it is doing as intended.

rooney, why would i want to leave a GW for something that is so rare to happen. i didnt once complain about the set up, all i was implying was the awkwardness of bidding for a player that is in a squad with the minimun size.

jeez ur going a bit ott by telling me to leave the GW

rooney' date=' why would i want to leave a GW for something that is so rare to happen. i didnt once complain about the set up, all i was implying was the awkwardness of bidding for a player that is in a squad with the minimun size.

jeez ur going a bit ott by telling me to leave the GW[/quote']

no my point was this: it is not rare it is there to protect clubs.

the points you made in your post was that something " has" to be done by not letting you buy players from that club ?

why, so you can take some of its good players and leave it with nothing. thus becoming undesierable to manage?

look at the reasons for the squad limit and only money being able to be used.

good reasons, it used to be the way you said it. SM changed it and it was a welcome change for most.

if you look beyond improving only your squad you will also see that infact nothing has to be done. and therefore this feature dosn't belong in the minor improvements thread but in a thread that would be called (if it existed) "ideas that are pivotal to SM and will never change very much in the nature of the game ;) "

i wasnt trying to be harsh by saying leave the setup, but if the setup has a lo of clubs like that or your are in a situation like that quit :) as the 21 limit is there to stay.

no my point was this: it is not rare it is there to protect clubs.

the points you made in your post was that something " has" to be done by not letting you buy players from that club ?

why' date=' so you can take some of its good players and leave it with nothing. thus becoming undesierable to manage?

look at the reasons for the squad limit and only money being able to be used.

good reasons, it used to be the way you said it. SM changed it and it was a welcome change for most.

if you look beyond improving only your squad you will also see that infact nothing has to be done. and therefore this feature dosn't belong in the minor improvements thread but in a thread that would be called (if it existed) "ideas that are pivotal to SM and will never change very much in the nature of the game ;) "

i wasnt trying to be harsh by saying leave the setup, but if the setup has a lo of clubs like that or your are in a situation like that quit :) as the 21 limit is there to stay.[/quote']

Look rooney i agree with what ur saying here, im saying its rare for a team to only have the limit and not the rules. i actually agree with all the rules per the GW.

you have to understand im angry here as this player plays for a useless team in the bottom league that no one will ever manage.

just ranting here, im not expecting anything to change as i know the only way around it is by cheating.

saying sm must do something about it was just stupid i know. wasnt really expecting them too

unfotunatly their squad size means they cant sell him as they would fall below the limit' date=' thats coupled with the fact a player plus cash deal is prohibited in the gw.

an improvement here is needed surely as id say this isnt the first time this has croped up[/quote']

You're not trying hard enough yeehaa. See here for the solution. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

jooles u are a legend. very bright idea and it should work for me! repped! and that video' date=' hell i wasn't expecting that at all, even the players were laughing[/quote']

Cheers. :)

Okay, how's this for one of the best possible minor improvements ever: estimated results time.

Each matchday the time results come in seems to vary radically, presumably because of behind the scenes maintenance and the like. If there's lots going on (like recently, with gameworlds being disabled constantly and all) then SM of course know this and can just update the estimate results time for each gameworld so managers aren't waiting up/online unnecessarily to try and see their results.

When it's going to be quick then SM just update accordingly.

Not sure how easy it would be for SM to do this but seeing all the moaning on the set-up threads I'm pretty sure it would be a welcome addition.

Cheers. :)

Okay' date=' how's this for one of the best possible minor improvements ever: estimated results time.

Each matchday the time results come in seems to vary radically, presumably because of behind the scenes maintenance and the like. If there's lots going on (like recently, with gameworlds being disabled constantly and all) then SM of course know this and can just update the estimate results time for each gameworld so managers aren't waiting up/online unnecessarily to try and see their results.

When it's going to be quick then SM just update accordingly.

Not sure how easy it would be for SM to do this but seeing all the moaning on the set-up threads I'm pretty sure it would be a welcome addition.[/quote']

Or can also let's say 3 different kick off time each day ?

I've read on their twitter, they're considering this idea which coming from other members who follow their twitter.

Or can also let's say 3 different kick off time each day ?

I've read on their twitter' date=' they're considering this idea which coming from other members who follow their twitter.[/quote']

Yeah, stagger the kick-offs maybe, though I'm guessing that the server can only process 'x' amount of games at once and so if it takes until 1am to process all results that would mean starting some at 5/6pm. Not sure people would be happy with that either (for setting tactics and all).

Either way, even if they do stagger them, still nothing wrong with having an estimated results time...

Yeah' date=' stagger the kick-offs maybe, though I'm guessing that the server can only process 'x' amount of games at once and so if it takes until 1am to process all results that would mean starting some at 5/6pm. Not sure people would be happy with that either (for setting tactics and all).

Either way, even if they do stagger them, still nothing wrong with having an estimated results time...[/quote']

I agree with you, it's little bit strange to see the results hasn't come in yet, but the transfers news for following day is appear in the messages :eek: :eek:

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread - 7 day transfer ban

Lets have an alert to say when a players 7 day transfer ban is up, or be able to put the transfer forward and it get processed once the 7 days is up.

Also, if the player is 7 day transfer band from losing a manager, may be this could go in the TB column so I dont spend time trying to buy him and get refused once an offer is made.

I agree in totality the idea of creating 3 match day kick-off time as this will quicken the speed at which results are made available.

In addition, i think SM should take the squad limit thing seriously, as some managers are making the game really tiring with the way hoard all the best players-maybe SM can even limit the number of 90+ rated players a club can have to 11!

I agree in totality the idea of creating 3 match day kick-off time as this will quicken the speed at which results are made available.

In addition' date=' i think SM should take the squad limit thing seriously, as some managers are making the game really tiring with the way hoard all the best players-maybe SM can even limit the number of 90+ rated players a club can have to 11![/quote']

Staggering kick off times might work if everyone played in a single timezone or similar timezones but as that doesn't happen I am not sure I would agree it is a viable solution.

Staggering kick off times might work if everyone played in a single timezone or similar timezones but as that doesn't happen I am not sure I would agree it is a viable solution.

Huh?! People don't play in a single timezone with 1 kick-off, which for some people must be highly inconvenient, yet they make it work. Not sure how shifting extra kick-offs an hour either side would make a difference. :confused:

Huh?! People don't play in a single timezone with 1 kick-off' date=' which for some people must be highly inconvenient, yet they make it work. Not sure how shifting extra kick-offs an hour either side would make a difference. :confused:[/quote']

I know people don't play in a single timezone, I said the idea would only really work if everyone played in one timezone as a shift would affect everyone in the same (or nearly the same) way.

I am not in favour of changing kick off times for some gamewords as you could end up with different start times for different game worlds which would be confusing.

I know people don't play in a single timezone' date=' I said the idea would only really work if everyone played in one timezone as a shift would affect everyone in the same (or nearly the same) way.

I am not in favour of changing kick off times for some gamewords as you could end up with different start times for different game worlds which would be confusing.[/quote']

i think as long as it was rougly the same day:

eg weds and a sat as usual i dont think it would be a problem. anybody can find time in 3 days for tactics.

kick off times such as 1pm, 3pm,8pm,10pm would all be fine :)

if people still don't set their tactics it is because they cannot be bothered, nothing to do with awkward times.