The Minor Improvments Thread

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

i think as long as it was rougly the same day:

eg weds and a sat as usual i dont think it would be a problem. anybody can find time in 3 days for tactics.

kick off times such as 1pm' date=' 3pm,8pm,10pm would all be fine :)

[b']if people still don't set their tactics it is because they cannot be bothered, nothing to do with awkward times[/b].

I strongly disagree with the last statement as I wouldn't be able to set tactics for midweek fixtures if they were moved to an earlier time than 8pm as I have sixth form all day and I'm sure other people have other commitments to deal with, rather than having to remember multiple kick off times for matches which, in my opinion, is unworkable.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They leave the major improvements to themselves to mess up. Plus, I don't even think they listen to any "minor" suggestions either. It's been so negative on here, twitter, and whatever media

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread No bug your squad tells you the players current fitness & on the tactics page the fitness rating is what is the players projected fitness for the next game.

I strongly disagree with the last statement as I wouldn't be able to set tactics for midweek fixtures if they were moved to an earlier time than 8pm as I have sixth form all day and I'm sure other people have other commitments to deal with' date=' rather than having to remember multiple kick off times for matches which, in my opinion, is unworkable.[/quote']

Surely you could do it the day before a game, I have no sympathy for people who moan i couldnt set my tactics because the gameworld has been disabled for the last hour.

People have a whole 3 days to set tactics so there's no excuse.

Surely you could do it the day before a game' date=' I have no sympathy for people who moan i couldnt set my tactics because the gameworld has been disabled for the last hour.

People have a whole 3 days to set tactics so there's no excuse.[/quote']

I do agree about the disabled gameworld example but I am not too keen on doing it the day before. I do it sometimes if I know I'll be busy the day of the match but I don't like picking players that are less than 97-98% fit and it's difficult to guess who will be in that bracket the day before.

I do agree about the disabled gameworld example but I am not too keen on doing it the day before. I do it sometimes if I know I'll be busy the day of the match but I don't like picking players that are less than 97-98% fit and it's difficult to guess who will be in that bracket the day before.

in all fairness you should have a good idea like!

Surely you could do it the day before a game' date=' I have no sympathy for people who moan i couldnt set my tactics because the gameworld has been disabled for the last hour.

then do what i do. i set the tactics the day before. the only things i leave till the day is taking players off at 75 mins if they are on low fitness.

winning 3 goals at 75/60 mins i take off some people and put on others to save fitness and concerns.

i have 6th form too and i can honestly say that i can log on. its 3 days apart. everyday would be an issue but i can log on.

i think its fine as it is: people just need to wait for their results.

i have to say i prefer the way it is: log on a wed and sat to set tactics, its regular we all know it.

why change it? i COULD make it work but i prefer the regularity of it.

actually sometimes you only have 1

and if on that day you are absent from computer, you are Screwed

Just a quick idea, decided to post it in here rather than a whole new thread because it's not major.

When player ratings happen, you go into: Gameworld - Player Database Changes and it gives you all the relevent details, leagues currently reviewed, next leagues to be reviewed, etc.

When you click on the tab of the league to see the changes, the players are at their clubs in the game world.

Well I think it would be a great idea to ADD, not CHANGE, an option that shows the players in the real life clubs and their relevent changes. I know you can go into Real Life Clubs and check, but this would make it so much easier. You could click on Club at the top of the menu, and all the changes would be listed, but in order of the players current clubs. So you would have all the Arsenal changes, then all the Aston Villa changes, etc.

I would like this to be added to the current set-up rather than changing the current set-up because it would allow you to easily see all the changes for the EPL in order of real life clubs without having to go into Real Life Clubs or scrolling through all the changes in order of their current game world club.

I hope I explained this well :)

Thoughts?

Just a quick idea' date=' decided to post it in here rather than a whole new thread because it's not major.

When player ratings happen, you go into: Gameworld - Player Database Changes and it gives you all the relevent details, leagues currently reviewed, next leagues to be reviewed, etc.

When you click on the tab of the league to see the changes, the players are at their clubs in the game world.

Well I think it would be a great idea to ADD, not CHANGE, an option that shows the players in the real life clubs and their relevent changes. I know you can go into Real Life Clubs and check, but this would make it so much easier. You could click on Club at the top of the menu, and all the changes would be listed, but in order of the players current clubs. So you would have all the Arsenal changes, then all the Aston Villa changes, etc.

I would like this to be added to the current set-up rather than changing the current set-up because it would allow you to easily see all the changes for the EPL in order of real life clubs without having to go into Real Life Clubs or scrolling through all the changes in order of their current game world club.

I hope I explained this well :)

Thoughts?[/quote']

i thought of this, i would like to be able to click on a team and see the non movers.

however, this would clog up the screen so much it becomes ridiculously long.

30X20= 600.

the list would be 600 long for just the EPL, it would be so hard to read im happy with the way it is.

real life club is a bit of effort, but your telling me you would want to scroll through 600 players when only maybe 50 have had changes ?

i thought of this' date=' i would like to be able to click on a team and see the non movers.

however, this would clog up the screen so much it becomes ridiculously long.

30X20= 600.

the list would be 600 long for just the EPL, it would be so hard to read im happy with the way it is.

real life club is a bit of effort, but your telling me you would want to scroll through 600 players when only maybe 50 have had changes ?[/quote']

No of course not, only the ones who had rating changes (and positional) would be on there. You can then assume that the people who aren't on there have stayed. :)

It would also help because you can more easily see which teams had been reviewed and which hadn't.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been already mentioned before :)

There is one manager in my league that checks very frequently which players I shortlist at unmanaged clubs and "new players" list and shortlists them just because I did. Therefore, when I decide to bid for someone, he outbids me.

I find this a bit unfair since I do the research first...I know it seems a bit weird but does anyone think this should/could be "fixed" somehow? Maybe dont show that a team is interested if the player is not at a managed team? Or maybe just dont inform him that I have a bid on him?

Sorry if this has been already mentioned before :)

There is one manager in my league that checks very frequently which players I shortlist at unmanaged clubs and "new players" list and shortlists them just because I did. Therefore' date=' when I decide to bid for someone, he outbids me.

I find this a bit unfair since I do the research first...I know it seems a bit weird but does anyone think this should/could be "fixed" somehow? Maybe dont show that a team is interested if the player is not at a managed team?:o[/quote']

Why should this be fixed? For all you know, he could be putting in just as much effort into scouting as you do. Nobody has the right to certain players.

Why should this be fixed? For all you know' date=' he could be putting in just as much effort into scouting as you do. Nobody has the right to certain players.[/quote']

I didnt mean gaining the right to players. I said that because I know that the other manager is doing that on purpose (he is a friend of mine :rolleyes:) and because he knows that I do more research than him, he shortlists whoever I shortlist.

Also, another suggestion could be not to add a newly added player on the "new players" list directly - just wait 2-3 days before adding him on that list. That way managers who really put the effort into scouting will benefit and managers who buy anyone young who has just been added will not have this priviledge

eg. Uros Cosic was added because he got minutes under his belt at Cvrena Zvezda. Someone who follows him, would expect him to get added now that Serbian teams are getting reviewed.

IMO, this would make the game a bit fairer.

(Andy, I fully respect your opinion - I just disagree with u on this :o)

I didnt mean gaining the right to players. I said that because I know that the other manager is doing that on purpose (he is a friend of mine :rolleyes:) and because he knows that I do more research than him' date=' he shortlists whoever I shortlist.[/quote']

Ah, well that's different then. No offence, but I thought you were just whining because another random manager was beating you to all the best players. :o

Also' date=' another suggestion could be not to add a newly added player on the "new players" list directly - just wait 2-3 days before adding him on that list. That way managers who really put the effort into scouting will benefit and managers who buy anyone young who has just been added will not have this priviledge

eg. Uros Cosic was added because he got minutes under his belt at Cvrena Zvezda. Someone who follows him, would expect him to get added now that Serbian teams are getting reviewed.

IMO, this would make the game a bit fairer.

[i'](Andy, I fully respect your opinion - I just disagree with u on this :o)[/i]

I totally agree that the new players list should be either scrapped or have a 2-3 delay like you say. Can't see it happening, but I thoroughly agree with that suggestion.

However, getting rid of notifications of when other teams bid for players on your shortlist is just wrong. Everybody should have the same right to place a bid on a player, especially if they've gone to the trouble of placing them on their shortlist.

Ah' date=' well that's different then. No offence, but I thought you were just whining because another random manager was beating you to all the best players. :o

I totally agree that the new players list should be either scrapped or have a 2-3 delay like you say. Can't see it happening, but I thoroughly agree with that suggestion.

However, getting rid of notifications of when other teams bid for players on your shortlist is just wrong. Everybody should have the same right to place a bid on a player, especially if they've gone to the trouble of placing them on their shortlist.[/quote']

Removing the list would also be a good idea but even if someone follows a player he might not search for him everyday. However, managers who do follow a player closely should have the right to bid for him first.

In addition to that, I must agree with u that managers should get informed when someone else bids, but if other managers cant see when someone is interested in the first place, it shouldnt really make a difference since they would still be adding him on their list because they found him - not because someone else is interested ;)

It might be useful if the minimum rating in Player Search were higher than 90. If I do a search for a 90-99 midfielder' date=' I typically get about 200 results, which is a nightmare to scroll through especially if I am in fact looking for a player higher than that.[/quote']

the first / highest rated players appear first anyway.

the first / highest rated players appear first anyway.

Still leaves me to scroll through three or four pages on many searches. The real question is whether there a specific reason why the minimum has to stop at 90. I can see no possible harm of lifting that minimum. After all, until a week or so ago, you could search for 94-99.

It might be useful if the minimum rating in Player Search were higher than 90. If I do a search for a 90-99 midfielder' date=' I typically get about 200 results, which is a nightmare to scroll through especially if I am in fact looking for a player higher than that.[/quote']

good idea:D

The best managers list in the history section shows the top 10 managers in the gameworld. I know i'm ranked 36th in GC1 from the match preview section.

I think it would be good if there was a link on the history best managers page to show the full list, I want to see how many points I need to move up the list!!!

The best managers list in the history section shows the top 10 managers in the gameworld. I know i'm ranked 36th in GC1 from the match preview section.

I think it would be good if there was a link on the history best managers page to show the full list' date=' I want to see how many points I need to move up the list!!![/quote']

click game world > history > best managers

That list only shows the top 10. I think SM should also have a list showing evey manager in the gameworld.

You can see where any manager figures in the game world by clicking on the match preview link under fixtures. Then under the club tab it shows the current position of the managers involved in that match.

oh does it ? sorry.

yeah i agree there should be a complete list somewhere :)

Not just there but under 'community' ---> 'best managers'. It would be great to see you ranking against ALL managers' date=' much as [url']http://fantasy.premierleague.com/[/url] does.

And with that in mind, another improvement within would be to also rank managers according to average points (a measure of how well a manager has done over time) instead of/as well as total points (basically who has done the best for the longest). Any new manager can compete on the 2nd measure, (making it more inclusive) but they would never be able to be able to compete on the first one.

Lastly, it would be great to have a rank of managers according to the SM account averages. It would be interesting to see in a gameworld, though admittedly might start to clutter things up somewhat, but for the community it surely should be THE measure under 'best managers'?

Out of interest, how many of these minor improvement suggestions ever get implemented? I mean, do the Devs even read them? And if so, perhaps someone can tell me why when 2 managers are reported for having multiple accounts (so essentially 1 person cheating) usually only one of them is removed? :eek::confused: Stupidest thing I ever seen (and most annoying, seeing as you're then unable to submit a ticket querying the decision)

Not just there but under 'community' ---> 'best managers'. It would be great to see you ranking against ALL managers' date=' much as [url']http://fantasy.premierleague.com/[/url] does.

And with that in mind, another improvement within would be to also rank managers according to average points (a measure of how well a manager has done over time) instead of/as well as total points (basically who has done the best for the longest). Any new manager can compete on the 2nd measure, (making it more inclusive) but they would never be able to be able to compete on the first one.

Lastly, it would be great to have a rank of managers according to the SM account averages. It would be interesting to see in a gameworld, though admittedly might start to clutter things up somewhat, but for the community it surely should be THE measure under 'best managers'?

Out of interest, how many of these minor improvement suggestions ever get implemented? I mean, do the Devs even read them? And if so, perhaps someone can tell me why when 2 managers are reported for having multiple accounts (so essentially 1 person cheating) usually only one of them is removed? :eek::confused: Stupidest thing I ever seen (and most annoying, seeing as you're then unable to submit a ticket querying the decision)

the Dev's read the forum sometimes i think, best thing to do is send a support ticket for each one. that is until a dev subscribes to this thread for sure :)

also i agree that average points should also be displayed, i am doing brilliantly in my game world but i am still 3rd purely because other managers have been there from the start, i took over 20 games in :(

and often that maybe due to only one person doing dodgy deals.

if a club gets offers too good to turn down it sells them, they dont know the other person is being stupid.

it is to prevent people accepting deals innocently and getting removed for cheating.

they havnt done anything wrong except take advantage of a poor /noob manager.

something we would all do if we had the chance ;)

(didnt you get done for this before? i remember something along those lines and you got punished. if not apologies ! )