The Minor Improvments Thread

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

I'm not really sure about that to be honest' date=' because the rating system would have to be changed quite drastically in order to accomodate this change, plus rating changes would become nigh-on impossible because there'd be too many factors to consider. Plus the match engine would surely need to be changed to take into account the new rating system.[/quote']

but it is all doable mate.. not something i feel is needed though just yet or at all personally as imo it then becomes another fantasy football game.. many more as you are already aware could be done first to engine improvements imo :) ..

i have my old rulebook at my old mans if you would like me 2 go through it..

positional rating would be a top side 9.. best positional rating for a player would be 36.. 4 x 9..

all area players eg.. rb.. lb.. cb.. cm.. wing.. they would all have 4 key attributes to that positional.. each player would show all single attributes in 1-9 on squad sheet.. eg.. speed.. tack.. pass.. aware.. shoot.. head etc etc..

eg.. cb key positionals was something like tackling.. passing.. heading.. intelligence.. from top of my head so it would be 86 rated 35 positional cb etc etc..

seen this imported many years ago.. and yes it worked.. many times you would play an 85 36 positional over an 86 rated 30 positional.. it does also give players there own unique identity then also..

but as stated i dont feel there is an issue at present and feel other engine aspects should be sorted as priority..

very easy feature to add though.. just work involved.. :) ..

This thread probably goes unnoticed, but it'd be handy to have a "Player's Contract" section on the Reports, where it gives you information about your squad such as Player Suspension, Player Injuries, Player Concerns, Player Changes etc. In that section, it could show a list of players each season who are in the remaining year of their contract. Very minor improvement, but would be handy to have.

There needs to be a "Jog on" option when rejecting transfer offers, I feel a bit pretentious when saying that I'm insulted all the time.

So I can choose to say that I'm insulted, say that I don't want to sell, say that I don't like the amount/players, but what about one where it's like:

The xxxxxxxxxxx manager does not think your offer for xxxxxx is acceptable.

What'dya think? :)

There needs to be a "Jog on" option when rejecting transfer offers' date=' I feel a bit pretentious when saying that I'm insulted all the time.

So I can choose to say that I'm insulted, say that I don't want to sell, say that I don't like the amount/players, but what about one where it's like:

The xxxxxxxxxxx manager does not think your offer for xxxxxx is acceptable.

What'dya think? :)[/quote']

To add to the other side, instead of making the offer, be able to press an option that is an enquiry instead of a bid. :)

To add to the other side' date=' instead of making the offer, be able to press an option that is an enquiry instead of a bid. :)[/quote']

On the old interface it used to notify you if a manager added a player from your squad on their shortlist, if that came back I guess that'd be the same thing.

To add to the other side' date=' instead of making the offer, be able to press an option that is an enquiry instead of a bid. :)[/quote']

I like that idea!

On the old interface it used to notify you if a manager added a player from your squad on their shortlist' date=' if that came back I guess that'd be the same thing.[/quote']

Pretty sure the shortlist message is still there. Its not the same thing though. If you enquired about someone, it'd give the owner of that player the chance to set the foundations for negotiations and set his price, rather than having your bid rejected full stop. The only way I go about deals nowadays is by PMing managers and negotiate from there, as too often managers hit the insult button far too quickly, as lets be honest, we all start with a low offer :P It'd be a positive for both parties, for the interested party, they'd potentially find the negotiation process a lot easier and possibly quicker as you'll get an idea of how they value the player, so you'll know whether you want to continue negotiations, and as for the owner, they will then have a chance to again set his price, rather than recieve useless cash offers, or a player/s you'd deem surplus.

On the old interface it used to notify you if a manager added a player from your squad on their shortlist' date=' if that came back I guess that'd be the same thing.[/quote']

It's not the same. I would go to your team and would have a key to "make enquiry" on a player. Rather than shortlist a player with no intention to bid unless/until you sell to external. Which is annoying at times if you TL a player. "Give me the cash mate, not the external team". That annoys me big time.

And rather than putting in a bid and getting a response back which comes with, "insult" in the thing. The bid would have been reasonable and should not be met with an insult thing, which is more insulting now to the bidder.

The happy medium is the inquiry. He can say "not for sale", or he can maybe come back with an offer, or something similar.

1. It's just a way to avoid all those ignored bids that may be made. (Which are not always made on purpose as bad bids, sometimes the other guy just isn't clued up. Hopefully he would inquire first.)

2. It will avoid the guy who is insulted by any decent bid you can make. Don't get insulted by this dude, be able to give a small nudge for the player which isn't the annoying shortlist of a player. Nor the stab in the dark which is the bid you make. You'll get a decent response back.

3. As the seller, I don't mind a gentle nudge for my player. A way of asking how much he would cost. If I TL a player, someone who uses that may be looking to see what kind of players I would be looking for possibly, or be looking to take the cash amount down a bit. (That's the sketchy area, but some other options may be incorporated into it somehow).

4. The single most thing which may ire people is the fact that people don't respond to PM's. Sometimes bad bids are put forward and are ignored, sometimes good bids are put forward and are ignored. Either way, the option to inquire about a player may bring around a more immediate response telling no, or more happily, a response which says you are interested in a deal. (Again, that is extra to be implemented).

5. It will avoid the need for PM's. And the differences in language which are in the game can be avoided. By all means, continue the deal via PM. But the overwhelming majority of inquiries would be taken care of before that. No insulting of either party.

Anyways, this is just an idea that I have. And I am not the first to think of it. Probably more than 2 years ago I saw something similar. It will help with language differences and help avoid those "poor" responses to any bid we make that we get. (I have many stronger words than poor.) It also helps those that are not wise in the ways of how SM works. Their would hopefully be less poor bids. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the same. I would go to your team and would have a key to "make enquiry" on a player. Rather than shortlist a player with no intention to bid unless/until you sell to external. Which is annoying at times if you TL a player. "Give me the cash mate' date=' not the external team". That annoys me big time.

And rather than putting in a bid and getting a response back which comes with, "insult" in the thing. The bid would have been reasonable and should not be met with an insult thing, which is more insulting now to the bidder.

The happy medium is the inquiry. He can say "not for sale", or he can maybe come back with an offer, or something similar.

1. It's just a way to avoid all those ignored bids that may be made. (Which are not always made on purpose as bad bids, sometimes the other guy just isn't clued up. Hopefully he would inquire first.)

2. It will avoid the guy who is insulted by any decent bid you can make. Don't get insulted by this dude, be able to give a small nudge for the player which isn't the annoying shortlist of a player. Nor the stab in the dark which is the bid you make. You'll get a decent response back.

3. As the seller, I don't mind a gentle nudge for my player. A way of asking how much he would cost. If I TL a player, someone who uses that may be looking to see what kind of players I would be looking for possibly, or be looking to take the cash amount down a bit. (That's the sketchy area, but some other options may be incorporated into it somehow).

4. The single most thing which may ire people is the fact that people don't respond to PM's. Sometimes bad bids are put forward and are ignored, sometimes good bids are put forward and are ignored. Either way, the option to inquire about a player may bring around a more immediate response telling no, or more happily, a response which says you are interested in a deal. (Again, that is extra to be implemented).

5. It will avoid the need for PM's. And the differences in language which are in the game can be avoided. By all means, continue the deal via PM. But the overwhelming majority of inquiries would be taken care of before that. No insulting of either party.

Anyways, this is just an idea that I have. And I am not the first to think of it. Probably more than 2 years ago I saw something similar. It will help with language differences and help avoid those "poor" responses to any bid we make that we get. (I have many stronger words than poor.) It also helps those that are not wise in the ways of how SM works. Their would hopefully be less poor bids. :)[/quote']

Like it :)

I think you must be allowed to offer wages to the player you wanted to buy.Then you can lure him to your club.

Eg: manager x controls Man City.And you want David Silva.But he wont sell him.So you offer David Silva high wages so he can play for you or hand a transfer request to manager x LOL:D

Just like Samuel Etoo to Anzhi

I think you must be allowed to offer wages to the player you wanted to buy.Then you can lure him to your club.

Eg: manager x controls Man City.And you want David Silva.But he wont sell him.So you offer David Silva high wages so he can play for you or hand a transfer request to manager x LOL:D

agree.......................................................................but u also need to have few decent players so u can lure stars for example if u re already managed to get few 90

Decent idea, could work.

I think it's a good idea to add a new dimension to bidding for players, rather than simply the highest bidder always getting the player.

When I am going through a shortlist and now and again I will click on the team, this brings me to a new window. When I click back it puts me to the club screen. Then I have to go into the shortlist go through a few pages to get back to where I was. This takes a little bit of time.

Could we not go back to our last page when we click on the last page button?

Also, I see that we can search for free agents. That's okay for those that will use it, although I find it only shows a couple of free agents. As I am in setups with loads of teams managed from all around Europe, I would love to be able to leave out managed clubs in a transfer search. When I am scanning through different kinds of searches for different types of players, I find myself clicking on most players to check are they at managed or external.

These setups are ones where some German teams, and some French, and some from other countries are in etc, and some are not. A mixed bag of big, medium, and small clubs. I find myself not remembering all of them, and sometimes I assume a club is managed, but it is external.

If we could click a box that says search external only, and internal only for setups where it is only internal deals allowed, that would be great. :)

Loans

In the six months ive been playing why havent i had any of my available loan players taken?? :confused:

i understand most loan players are of low rating or young. as the reason for them being up for loan. as in RL.. So most managed clubs would not be interested. Why cant computer controlled clubs ask/take out loans??:confused:

i feel this needs to be improved as this game is close to real life. but at this rate how can anyone build on future teams/players without this?:confused:

Re: Loans

In the six months ive been playing why havent i had any of my available loan players taken?? :confused:

i understand most loan players are of low rating or young. as the reason for them being up for loan. as in RL.. So most managed clubs would not be interested. Why cant computer controlled clubs ask/take out loans??:confused:

i feel this needs to be improved as this game is close to real life. but at this rate how can anyone build on future teams/players without this?:confused:

There's a simple reason why unmanaged/external teams don't make loan bids - They would encourage player hoarding.

Managers would avoid lack-of-games concerns by loaning out their players to unmanaged teams, and would therefore avoid selling them.

The idea of loans isn't to benefit the benefactor club but instead help the small team asking for the loan.

numbering players!!!!!!!!1

I know there are numbers already available for players in their specific postions but talking to users outside the forum have thr same thought as i do!

The ability to individually number your players in the squad at the start and end of a season or just throughout it. It would a really realistic feature as players could be concerned as they would not have the number they have an emotional attachment too or in real life and could request this.

I think its a good idea that would make the game seem that bit more realistic, please reply if you think its a decent idea too and hopefully SM will make the change :)

well i'm not entirely sure if this counts as small but its important when yo take over a team all the unhappy players should go down to at least level 1 unhappy or if not should not be unhappy at all because when you take over a team and the players that you are planning on using are lv. 4 unhappy you don't even have time to figure out whether or not you are going to have the player in your starting 11 for most matches or if you need to sell them and sometimes it forces you to abandon teams it's not your fault they're unhappy.